SW Topper 1 (resized).jpg
Screen Bezels (resized).jpg
IMG_3171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3170 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4042 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240411-000808 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,065 posts in this topic. You are on page 158 of 302.
#7851 4 years ago

Thought I'd ask here...

I want to get Stern inner art blades for my LE. I like them better than mirror blades (for now, I think) or aftermarket space scenes.

Anyone buy the whole packet of 6 from Stern and have some extra lying around that they want to sell? Maybe you meant to sell them off, but inertia kicked in?

Looking for these, and specifically Leia/Han or Yoda/Darth combos (or I guess Leia/Darth or Yoda/Han):
https://shop.sternpinball.com/products/star-wars-art-blades-set-of-6?_pos=3&_sid=9df1a4bee&_ss=r

Or maybe someone currently active in this thread wants to go in on a set?

I installed Leia/Han on my SW Pro. But then I sold it to upgrade to an LE!

Maybe someone can convince me that mirror blades are better on this machine? I usually think mirrors make things too visually confusing during play, even though they look cool with lights on in attract mode. I'm fairly good at tracking balls via peripheral vision on ramps and habitrails during multiball, and think mirror blades would make that harder.

#7852 4 years ago

I bought the Pingraffix blades. Great quality and the pattern matches the theme of the pin better, IMHO.

#7853 4 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

I bought the Pingraffix blades. Great quality and the pattern matches the theme of the pin better, IMHO.

Agreed, I went that route instead as well.

#7854 4 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

So did I because they blend in well, depicting the space battle scene which Stern has created on the PF. Large faces, characters and such on the sides of that space battle scene, look out of place to me.

#7855 4 years ago

I have a set of mirror blades for my pro that I've never installed. Ive been considering the new retro refurbs comic book design. Is anyone using these yet?

#7856 4 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Quoted from Thunderbird:

So did I because they blend in well, depicting the space battle scene which Stern has created on the PF. Large faces, characters and such on the sides of that space battle scene, look out of place to me.

All valid statements and opinions. That's why it's great to have choices! I'm not a big fan of the Pingraffix for Star Wars.

Also, somehow I have kept the #1 Star Wars comic adaptation from Marvel since I got it new in 1977. But I would still get the "movie scenes" ("classic"? "regular"?) Star Wars pinball machine if buying new.

StarWars_comic_Fr (resized).jpgStarWars_comic_Fr (resized).jpgStarWars_comic_Bk (resized).jpgStarWars_comic_Bk (resized).jpg
#7857 4 years ago

What does the “targeting computer” group of 3 icons represent? I think it has something to do with the empire rollover lights in the top lanes but I can’t figure it out.

#7858 4 years ago

Anyone seen the Comic Art Premiums shipping yet or just the Pro?

#7859 4 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

Anyone seen the Comic Art Premiums shipping yet or just the Pro?

Yes. Mine came a week ago.

#7860 4 years ago

This is, what Adaminski asked:

Quoted from Adaminski:

I want to get Stern inner art blades for my LE. I like them better than mirror blades (for now, I think) or aftermarket space scenes.

What a brilliant opportunity to post what "I" find best, despite it being explicitly what was NOT asked for.

Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

I bought the Pingraffix blades.

Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Quoted from mollyspub:

I have a set of mirror blades

Anyone not full of themselves and their super brilliant better choices and actually willing to help Adaminski out?

#7861 4 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

What a brilliant opportunity to post what "I" find best, despite it being explicitly what was NOT asked for.

Anyone not full of themselves and their super brilliant better choices and actually willing to help Adaminski out?

Assume negative intent much??? We are just trying to illustrate other options to someone that may not have been aware of them. I have changed my mind many times after people have opened my eyes to other (which I eventually found better) options. But then the world is full of millions of newly sworn in internet police so I suppose we all should be used to it by now.

#7862 4 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

Assume negative intent much??? We are just trying to illustrate other options to someone that may not have been aware of them. I have changed my mind many times after people have opened my eyes to other (which I eventually found better) options. But then the world is full of millions of newly sworn in internet police so I suppose we all should be used to it by now.

They literally listed out the options they weren't interested in.

#7863 4 years ago

Any premium owners have a spare flyer laying around? Looking for one

#7864 4 years ago

Black actually works for me, it’s space after all. Why does every single bit of emptyness need to have graphics, mirrors or color on it?

#7865 4 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Lol! Seriously ???

#7866 4 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Lol! Seriously ???

#7867 4 years ago

re: Stern inner art blades request...

1) No offense was taken by me on alternative suggestions.

2) I have nice inner art on LOTR, and Beatles came with inner art. I played SW Pro a lot with and without art. I like the side art - for a longer term "keeper" machine, I feel it helps with the whole "world under glass" thing and looks better than the black paint.

3) Most importantly, someone did contract me via Pinside PM. They had exactly what I was looking for - 4 unused inner art blades sitting in a box. I've already sent payment, and the art blades will be in the mail in a couple days.

#7868 4 years ago

Looking for some help. I'm looking to purchase the Star Wars Comic Premium translite, but it is not "for sale" from Stern. Did anyone buy one? Looking to see if anyone that has one can find the part number on it, so I can get in touch with distributor/part people to see if they can order just that part. I'm looking to frame this and give it to my business partner for xmas, he is a HUGE star wars fan and the darth vader big on that prem trans looks awesome.

Edit: This trans lite I have attached.

maxresdefault (resized).jpgmaxresdefault (resized).jpg
#7869 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Looking for some help. I'm looking to purchase the Star Wars Comic Premium translite, but it is not "for sale" from Stern. Did anyone buy one? Looking to see if anyone that has one can find the part number on it, so I can get in touch with distributor/part people to see if they can order just that part. I'm looking to frame this and give it to my business partner for xmas, he is a HUGE star wars fan and the darth vader big on that prem trans looks awesome.
Edit: This trans lite I have attached.[quoted image]

If you get an answer let me know, I would like to buy that translite too!

#7870 4 years ago

Me too

#7872 4 years ago

Stern has sold translites in the past...

#7873 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Stern has sold translites in the past...

Premium or just Pro?

#7874 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Premium or just Pro?

Good question. It was a while ago, but I think it was Pro.

#7875 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Premium or just Pro?

They sell both. I have purchased MET, Black Knight, IMDN, ST, etc premium translites in the past and pros are always out there to purchase. I wouldn't think anything would change for these. It'll just take some time before they show up for sale as they just started producing the game.

#7876 4 years ago

I contacted stern directly and was told this one “isn’t for sale”

Maybe if bugged enough they would? It’s a awesome translite

#7877 4 years ago

It may take a couple years for it to be for sale. Honestly the best bet is to email your favorite pinball parts website that also is a stern distributor and give them the part number of the translite.

#7878 4 years ago

Good Friday...
Taking off work..check
Cooking big pot of ham and bean soup...check
Expecting ridiculously large semi to pull up out front
Any minute with star wars comic pro pinball machine..Check!

This will be a good day.!!

#7879 4 years ago

Played SW pro on location. I wanted to compare with the prem.

This was set up a lil bit off like the plunger wasn’t strong to reach the Force targets but otherwise it seems ok. Just not sure if I got the best pro experience.

Anyhoo I felt as if the pin was much more flimsy than the prem. Not sure what else to call it. Maybe the plastic ramps and lack of hyper loop. But something just didn’t feel solid. It was still a hoot and the inner loop is a rocket shot. But I think I’m decided on getting a premium. Love the hyper loop.

#7880 4 years ago
Quoted from lowbeau67:

This will be a good day.!!

Have a fartin' good time with your new machine!

#7881 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

It may take a couple years for it to be for sale. Honestly the best bet is to email your favorite pinball parts website that also is a stern distributor and give them the part number of the translite.

I tried but no one knows the part number, yet :/

#7882 4 years ago

Last night I reached the Emperor for the 2nd time (previously as Luke, this time as Han), and defeated him for the 1st time!!!!

What a rush!

I've had a Pro and then LE since mid April.

If someone wants to mark screen captures of my victory as "unsafe for work / not family friendly" to hide spoilers, please do.
SW grand champion (resized).jpgSW grand champion (resized).jpgEmporer1 (resized).PNGEmporer1 (resized).PNGEmporer2 (resized).PNGEmporer2 (resized).PNG

#7883 4 years ago

Hi guys, super clueless question here. The office I work in has what I have figured out to be a Star Wars Pro machine. I only recently started playing it, but either I’m doing something wrong or it’s broken-ish and I’m trying to figure out which. The posts that sometimes come up to stop the ball when you shoot Hoth... they seem to get stuck and not come back down to let the ball out. After a minute or two the machine says the ball is lost and it moves on to the next ball, which is obviously a bummer. Those posts ARE supposed to come down and let the ball out, right? Or am I just an idiot? If it’s not clear this is basically my first experience with a pinball machine.

If it is broken, do you guys know how complicated it would be to fix?

#7884 4 years ago

The only time the posts should hold the ball for longer more than a few seconds is during hyperspace multiball, where it'll give you a second ball right away and you have a limited time to hit the first ball out

#7885 4 years ago

Or if you are picking your mode

#7886 4 years ago
Quoted from unwallflower:

Hi guys, super clueless question here. The office I work in has what I have figured out to be a Star Wars Pro machine. I only recently started playing it, but either I’m doing something wrong or it’s broken-ish and I’m trying to figure out which. The posts that sometimes come up to stop the ball when you shoot Hoth... they seem to get stuck and not come back down to let the ball out. After a minute or two the machine says the ball is lost and it moves on to the next ball, which is obviously a bummer. Those posts ARE supposed to come down and let the ball out, right? Or am I just an idiot? If it’s not clear this is basically my first experience with a pinball machine.

Sounds like it may be binding. Might need a new coil sleeve if it has been in operation a while. Or the assembly may be loose underneath causing the post to bind due to play in the mech. Easy to fix either of those.

#7887 4 years ago

I'd look at the switch the ball tests are n. It may not be activating like it should and the game lost the ball

#7888 4 years ago

Hi guys, super clueless question here. The office I work in has what I have figured out to be a Star Wars Pro machine. ...The posts that sometimes come up to stop the ball when you shoot Hoth... they seem to get stuck and not come back down to let the ball out. After a minute or two the machine says the ball is lost and it moves on to the next ball, which is obviously a bummer.

You've had some good suggestions. If it's to choose a mode, the machine will time out and pick one for you and the posts will come down. If for hyperspace multiball, you would get a 2nd ball right away on a Pro.

So, it is likely switch or coil, or binding. On my old pro, the nut came off at the bottom of the mechanism under those posts (on the left), and they wouldn't go up (opposite problem of yours).

It is likely an easy fix for someone that knows what they are doing. It most likely involves accessing underneath the playfield. They need to have a key to the machine (coin door), know how to release clamps, take out glass, take out balls, lift up playfield, etc.

Maybe state your location.....?

-Adam

#7889 4 years ago

Hi guys, super clueless question here. The office I work in has what I have figured out to be a Star Wars Pro machine. I only recently started playing it, but either I’m doing something wrong or it’s broken-ish

When I got my SWpro from 2nd owner this year the fork rods in the Death Star shot would get stuck in the up position 50% of the time. Sometimes lost ball protocol would jostle them loose and sometimes hitting the flippers a bunch would jiggle them down enough for the ball to finally drop out. I called Stern and they said they had never heard of this issue. We popped the hood and after examining the Fork assembly we could tell the white plastic spacer between the assembly and playfield was binding the forks, the holes in the spaces were too tight. We took the whole assembly out and took the white spacer piece off and used a drill and drill bit and reamed out both holes on the spacer just a tad and Boom no more binding and it has played like a brand new game ever since.

CA826B61-4C46-466A-9E23-21B74AE43D2C (resized).jpegCA826B61-4C46-466A-9E23-21B74AE43D2C (resized).jpeg
#7890 4 years ago

Thanks guys, this has been SUPER helpful. We are located in Santa Barbara, CA. Can someone maybe point me to some resources on the process of lifting up the playfield, etc? We are all fairly handy people and I think we should be able to at least take a look ourselves and see if the cause is obvious. Would like to do some reading/watch a video of the process first to make sure we aren’t getting in over our heads.

#7891 4 years ago

Thanks guys, this has been SUPER helpful. We are located in Santa Barbara, CA. Can someone maybe point me to some resources on the process of lifting up the playfield, etc? We are all fairly handy people and I think we should be able to at least take a look ourselves and see if the cause is obvious. Would like to do some reading/watch a video of the process first to make sure we aren’t getting in over our heads.

YouTube should be helpful.

#7892 4 years ago

Make sure to take the balls out before lifting the playfield up

#7893 4 years ago

Lol. Now that I finished my basic sound editing, I'm making a duplicate SD card with a full blown Jar-Jar sound edit. My son is so psyched to play the new machine when he comes home for Thanksgiving and it should be a hilarious surprise.

So far I have replaced ball save dialogue with "Meesa back" & "Meesa busting with happiness seeing you again"
Yoda's ball drains replaced with "Wesa be robbed un crunched", "This embarrassing", Well dat smells stink-a-whiff", & "Dissen berry berry bad"
Tilt warnings replaced with "Ex-squeeze-me" & "How rude"
Jackpots replaced with "Boom!" & "Cawazy"

Any other suggestions?

#7894 4 years ago
Quoted from No_Pickles:

Lol. Now that I finished my basic sound editing, I'm making a duplicate SD card with a full blown Jar-Jar sound edit. My son is so psyched to play the new machine when he comes home for Thanksgiving and it should be a hilarious surprise.
So far I have replaced ball save dialogue with "Meesa back" & "Meesa busting with happiness seeing you again"
Yoda's ball drains replaced with "Wesa be robbed un crunched", "This embarrassing", Well dat smells stink-a-whiff", & "Dissen berry berry bad"
Any other suggestions?

Worse than Yoda, IMHO.

#7895 4 years ago
Quoted from No_Pickles:

Any other suggestions?

Sounds like it’s going to be a cool change from the original sounds.

#7896 4 years ago
Quoted from No_Pickles:

Any other suggestions?

Hurry and delete that file before it spreads like an AI virus

#7897 4 years ago
Quoted from No_Pickles:

Make sure to take the balls out before lifting the playfield up

Okay so I have 3 newer sterns, and have not come up with a good way of removing these before? I just lift and left them fly, which I know isn't good.

#7898 4 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

Okay so I have 3 newer sterns, and have not come up with a good way of removing these before? I just lift and left them fly, which I know isn't good.

I reach in the coin door and manually operate the plunger that puts them into the shooter lane.

#7899 4 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

. Either manually eject them or I’m sure there’s a way in the Service menu.

#7900 4 years ago

Just stick a rag in there and they wont move

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
Machine - For Sale
Portland, OR
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,065 posts in this topic. You are on page 158 of 302.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/158?hl=arcadebar and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.