IMG_8600 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6632 (resized).jpeg
sw1 (resized).JPEG
sw2 (resized).JPEG
sw3 (resized).JPEG
sw4 (resized).JPEG

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,046 posts in this topic. You are on page 157 of 301.
#7801 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Yes I watched the video. The brain with the googly eyes was very amateurish and strange.

I thought it fit the theme well. The brain and eyes is on one of the cabs sides.

#7802 4 years ago

I just joined the club! A location near me has a SW pro I’ve played a bunch and really enjoyed the speed of it. I only have room for one pin, & I’ve been thinking about trading my current machine towards SW for over a month. It took me 3 weeks to get through the 150+ pages of this thread as my “research”.

My comic art SW pro should be delivered this Friday. So excited!

#7803 4 years ago
Quoted from No_Pickles:

I just joined the club! A location near me has a SW pro I’ve played a bunch and really enjoyed the speed of it. I only have room for one pin, & I’ve been thinking about trading my current machine towards SW for over a month. It took me 3 weeks to get through the 150+ pages of this thread as my “research”.
My comic art SW pro should be delivered this Friday. So excited!

Got my SW last Tuesday. It is sooooo much fun. I have 5 new sterns , tied for my favorite. You won’t be disappointed. Should get a higher rating then it does.

#7804 4 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Guys, the Premium is designed without that post. Modifying it to your liking is your right as a owner, but its not how it was meant to be. Ask the designer. He's made the point and many other (pitch 6.5 i.e.) multiple times in interviews, on the forum and on facebook. If you can't deal with the frustration of playing the game as it was meant to be you might aswell close the outlanes alltogether and feel great about the inevitable highscores.
Everyone can do what he or she wants with his or her property, but unless you are doing this for your three year old, as a means to motivate him into eventually playing normal difficulty, any custom modification to ease the game that are beyond the design are and will always be cheating. Any score coming from it is a non-achievement.
I disrepect none of you as people, but this whole "how to cheat" post nonsense doesn't make you look all that great - and that doesn't change, just because you are here in numbers.
Aynway we're all here to have fun and share our opinions. This one is mine, sorry.Agree. Move the post down if you want but I don’t believe in bigger posts, adding rubber, star posts, ect ect. Play it as it was intended to be played. I treat them like classic cars. Keep the game original. Don’t mess/junk it up

#7805 4 years ago

Never knew the premium doesn't have that post by the drops. No wonder people find it furstrating. That post prevents so many cheap drains.

#7806 4 years ago

The post can installed by drilling a hole. God forbid. I wouldn't do that, but it can be done.

#7807 4 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

The post can installed by drilling a hole. God forbid. I wouldn't do that, but it can be done.

Should make an inverted post mod like the Ghostbusters center post

#7808 4 years ago

The post/No post difference came up couple years ago when the game was first released. I recall from back then it was a decision from factory for pro machines due to the game being likely sited so operators would get better returns from less pissed off players in the wild.

Cheap shitty drains usually translates to... I'm not playing that game again.

#7809 4 years ago

Somewhere back in this thread was a link to a site that had sort of a table guide, that was interactive with a screenshot of the playfield that changed to illustrate which shots to hit in which mode. The pictures make it easier for a beginner to understand, as opposed to just reading a rulesheet.

I've been trying to search through the thread and find it again without any luck.
Does anyone know what i'm talking about and where to find that link again?
Thanks!

#7810 4 years ago
Quoted from No_Pickles:

Somewhere back in this thread was a link to a site that had sort of a table guide, that was interactive with a screenshot of the playfield that changed to illustrate which shots to hit in which mode. The pictures make it easier for a beginner to understand, as opposed to just reading a rulesheet.
I've been trying to search through the thread and find it again without any luck.
Does anyone know what i'm talking about and where to find that link again?
Thanks!

here it is, was in another thread I started which may have some some useful information in addition to this:

https://pinballzoo.com/Games/GameTips?id=880

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/advice-for-against-sw-premium-/page/1

#7811 4 years ago

also a better video that explains the game.

#7812 4 years ago

borgs metallica and GOTG have worse outer left lane drains than SW premium. i know, i own(ed) them all, and played the hell out of them all.

#7813 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

here it is, was in another thread I started which may have some some useful information in addition to this:
https://pinballzoo.com/Games/GameTips?id=880
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/advice-for-against-sw-premium-/page/1

Thanks so much, that explains why I couldn't find it in this thread.

#7814 4 years ago
Quoted from No_Pickles:

Thanks so much, that explains why I couldn't find it in this thread.

yes and good to watch the video I posted above. Explain the multipliers well.

I am kind of debating SW vs MM remake (I know MM is the top rated pin etc..) but I have AFM remake LE (like AFM better than MM) and honestly the video screen and movie clips in SW are a big pull.

#7815 4 years ago

Order placed !!! Premium Comic Art .... SUPER excited and can’t wait !!!

#7816 4 years ago

Hi guys. I received my new Star Wars premium this past Saturday. Was super stoked to finally get it. Unfortunately I’m having a few issues. I have three bad boards, they’re sending me new boards but I also can’t get the escape outlane gate to work. I read somewhere not too far back in this thread about it but now I’m having trouble finding it. It’s firing I can hear it firing and it moves ever so slightly but it just won’t open and close. Everything seems to be hooked up correctly and everything is tightened down. I’d appreciate any advice on how to adjust it.

#7817 4 years ago

It's too tight. Loosen the bolt underneath and open up the verticle clearance a tiny amount then tighten up the bolt.

#7818 4 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

You have a great collection of games!

#7819 4 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

It's too tight. Loosen the bolt underneath and open up the verticle clearance a tiny amount then tighten up the bolt.

Thanks sorry for the dumb question but open up the vertical clearance how?

#7820 4 years ago
Quoted from Beez:

Congrats. That’s going to be a sweet 4-pin lineup. Lots of diversity.

#7821 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Thanks sorry for the dumb question but open up the vertical clearance how?

Enter "gate problem" into the "find in this topic" search field. it is explained in detail multiple times

#7822 4 years ago

think that I am deciding on SW for my next purchase, either a used old art or nib with comic art. I only played the premium (played the pro before but didn't know the rules). I love the hyper loop but have found a few straight hits have rejected (not sure if this is common). I almost might like the pro (more flow/smooth shooting) but feel like the premium has a few great features (maybe must have features? hyper loop and Falcon toy).

Is there anything else on the premium not on the pro (Falcon toy, metal ramps and hyper loop)? I forgot the escape diverter and exploding Death Star (I have not seen that in action yet).

#7823 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

think that I am deciding on SW for my next purchase, either a used old art or nib with comic art. I only played the premium (played the pro before but didn't know the rules). I love the hyper loop but have found a few straight hits have rejected (not sure if this is common). I almost might like the pro (more flow/smooth shooting) but feel like the premium has a few great features (maybe must have features? hyper loop and Falcon toy).
Is there anything else on the premium not on the pro (Falcon toy, metal ramps and hyper loop)? I forgot the escape diverter and exploding Death Star (I have not seen that in action yet).

Hyperloop entering shot can be adjusted.

#7824 4 years ago

Wow. Just finished playing a couple games on my new comic art SW Pro. On my first game I got over 700 million, better than any of the previous games I ever played on a location machine.

The playfield art is so vibrant that I don’t think I’m going to install any of the toys I had been planning on. It just doesn’t need it.
It also didn’t seem to need any tweaking out of the box to get the ball to go where it is supposed to. I didn’t even need to touch the outlanes. Wow.

The only hiccup was on the initial setup the machine told me that node boards 1,8,9,10 were not found. I panicked and when I called my distributor he assured me that was common and the game would still work just fine, and he was right. Should I be concerned anyway?

#7825 4 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Enter "gate problem" into the "find in this topic" search field. it is explained in detail multiple times

Ok thanks. I searched but only found one explanation before. I will try this.

#7826 4 years ago
Quoted from No_Pickles:

Wow. Just finished playing a couple games on my new comic art SW Pro. On my first game I got over 700 million, better than any of the previous games I ever played on a location machine.
The playfield art is so vibrant that I don’t think I’m going to install any of the toys I had been planning on. It just doesn’t need it.
It also didn’t seem to need any tweaking out of the box to get the ball to go where it is supposed to. I didn’t even need to touch the outlanes. Wow.
The only hiccup was on the initial setup the machine told me that node boards 1,8,9,10 were not found. I panicked and when I called my distributor he assured me that was common and the game would still work just fine, and he was right. Should I be concerned anyway?

The node boards will read like that if the switch at the bottom left of the coin door is open. You can push it closed and all functions will show normal. It’s just a safety feature that shuts off high power while the coin door is open.

#7827 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

The node boards will read like that if the switch at the bottom left of the coin door is open. You can push it closed and all functions will show normal. It’s just a safety feature that shits off high power while the coon door is open.

You'll never get a job writing manuals mentioning shits and coons!

#7828 4 years ago

Has Dwight mentioned if there would be any further code updates for SW? I’m curious if there needs any balancing to the character choices etc..

#7829 4 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

You'll never get a job writing manuals mentioning shits and coons!

Lmao. Total typo! First time ever my autocorrect inserted a swear instead of removed one. Sorry folks that was an accident.

#7830 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Has Dwight mentioned if there would be any further code updates for SW? I’m curious if there needs any balancing to the character choices etc..

The code updates needed in the game aren’t like GOT where character (or houses) were unbalanced - IMO. The updates that are needed are the polish, mainly in the choreography and priorities of what to play to capture more fanfare. Other than that, game is rock solid and IS dwights best game to date.

#7831 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

The code updates needed in the game aren’t like GOT where character (or houses) were unbalanced - IMO. The updates that are needed are the polish, mainly in the choreography and priorities of what to play to capture more fanfare. Other than that, game is rock solid and IS dwights best game to date.

Good to hear!

Pinsiders seems to obsess that great code begins and ends with Lyman and Keith, but there are more great pinball code guys.

Wanted to ask you if cost was no object would you have a SW premium instead of a pro?

#7832 4 years ago

Did the comic art pro have the pegs or the service
rails installed under playfield. Ordering some essentials
for mine and I hate those pegs. Replaced them on my gotg pro
I had. Thx

#7833 4 years ago
Quoted from lowbeau67:

I had. Thx

I think they actually have the service rails. But of course my pro does not.
Doesn't make sense!

#7834 4 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

I think they actually have the service rails. But of course my pro does not.
Doesn't make sense!

My bet is that they don't have the rails. The wiring harness is laid out in a certain way based on the original design. Did the Star Trek "vault" Pros have pegs?

#7835 4 years ago

My new topper. $400 at Disneyland. I think the asymmetry is going to annoy me... but better than the stern topper!

3124D393-2DB8-42DC-AEBF-63BFF0EA9EAF (resized).jpeg3124D393-2DB8-42DC-AEBF-63BFF0EA9EAF (resized).jpeg
#7836 4 years ago

How tall is that door?

#7837 4 years ago
Quoted from lowbeau67:

I had. Thx

Unfortunately pegs. I was also hoping for rails

#7838 4 years ago

Sorry for the total noobie question but is there an easy way to get the balls out prior to lifting the playfield up?
The first time I did it the balls all crashed down and I don’t want to break anything.

#7839 4 years ago
Quoted from No_Pickles:

Sorry for the total noobie question but is there an easy way to get the balls out prior to lifting the playfield up?
The first time I did it the balls all crashed down and I don’t want to break anything.

I stick a sock down the drain

#7840 4 years ago
Quoted from No_Pickles:

Yes - two ways that I use. One is a magnetic wand and reach in the ball trough. The other is to actuate the ball popper by hand. Just pop the pinballs out one at a time until you’re done. I can do it through the coin door easily.

#7841 4 years ago

Just made a SW topper. I found the base on ebay and purchased the lightsaber at Disneyland. Looks cool!!!

073D1A10-7BCE-4F76-AA9C-FFB036BF027B (resized).jpeg073D1A10-7BCE-4F76-AA9C-FFB036BF027B (resized).jpeg8D8CE109-9BC9-439F-9F88-954393A5C6A5 (resized).jpeg8D8CE109-9BC9-439F-9F88-954393A5C6A5 (resized).jpegF3BED45A-020D-490E-8BBE-94FAD359C7DC (resized).jpegF3BED45A-020D-490E-8BBE-94FAD359C7DC (resized).jpeg1641E171-5C85-4472-BB8A-FFFF874AE83B (resized).jpeg1641E171-5C85-4472-BB8A-FFFF874AE83B (resized).jpeg945F71D1-7BBB-44B1-9492-5477CF7BD3CB (resized).jpeg945F71D1-7BBB-44B1-9492-5477CF7BD3CB (resized).jpeg69623AF6-367E-425A-9969-0DEB2F5CAB3C (resized).jpeg69623AF6-367E-425A-9969-0DEB2F5CAB3C (resized).jpeg
#7842 4 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

Just made a SW topper. I found the base on ebay and purchased the lightsaber at Disneyland. Looks cool!!![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Totally awesome with the lighting

#7843 4 years ago

Learning the rules, look youtube, read posts. But i have a situation, where i do not unserstand, what to do.
When i read on the LCD: Destroy the bunker, what have i to do? Shooting ramps or targets or loops?
Thank you.

#7844 4 years ago

In Endor 3: Knockout Shield Generator, all you have to do is shoot the 4 green lit shots, the Left Loop, Left Ramp, Right Loop and Right Ramp then the 4 shots relight, shoot them again and you're done.

#7845 4 years ago

Anyone know where I can see the Death Star explode (premium/LE) in gameplay (not the game trailer).

#7846 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Anyone know where I can see the Death Star explode (premium/LE) in gameplay (not the game trailer).

Start at 1:18:00

#7847 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Start at 1:18:00

thanks!

That's very cool!!

#7848 4 years ago

I had my best pinball game of all time just now on my new SW comic art machine. At some point after back to back to back Tie fighter multiball, Hoth multiball, and Victory multiball I knocked a screw loose from something. It wound up on the middle of the playfield.

I still had a ball cradled on the flipper and did not want the game to end yet, so I managed to get a one handed picture through the glass of the screw. By the time I finished the ball, it was gone. I assume it fell down into the cabinet. I can’t tell what it’s from, though. Nothing seems to be missing and it’s a darker color than the other visible screws. Does anyone have any idea where it could be from?
C4F52FE0-8A7D-4597-8BA8-456D1B8BC639 (resized).jpegC4F52FE0-8A7D-4597-8BA8-456D1B8BC639 (resized).jpeg

4D0F6CA7-D23C-46A9-984E-D9A2516CDA4C (resized).jpeg4D0F6CA7-D23C-46A9-984E-D9A2516CDA4C (resized).jpeg2DD46E56-02E8-473F-9D95-4B09C4941CA6 (resized).jpeg2DD46E56-02E8-473F-9D95-4B09C4941CA6 (resized).jpeg
#7849 4 years ago

Tie fighter?

#7850 4 years ago

That was my first thought because the tie fighter is the only thing I can see without shiny zinc screws. Both of the wings are attached, though and I can see the hex of the screw head holding them in.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Portland, OR
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,046 posts in this topic. You are on page 157 of 301.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/157?hl=sebastian88 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.