IMG_8600 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6632 (resized).jpeg
sw1 (resized).JPEG
sw2 (resized).JPEG
sw3 (resized).JPEG
sw4 (resized).JPEG

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,046 posts in this topic. You are on page 155 of 301.
#7701 4 years ago

Okay... let me try this the other way.

Does anyone own Black Knight: Sword of Rage

If so...thoughts if you were to compare these two?

Thanks!!

#7702 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I'm hoping next up will be the Mad Magazine rendition, with playable characters Lube Skystalker, Ham Yoyo, Princess Laidup and Bar-Stool.
[quoted image]

Wow that is super creepy!

#7703 4 years ago

Having both the DE SW and a Stern Premium, I appreciate both styles. It would be neat to be able to have a comic version of the translite that I could frame (pro version). I currently have the Pro translite (first version) on my Prem, and the Prem translite framed.

#7704 4 years ago

I don't have a Star Wars yet, but I've been lurking regarding a Premium / LE. I actually prefer the comic art quite a bit. I actually kinda hate getting NIB games, so buying new is not in itself a positive for me. So, the debate becomes the comic version I like better, versus a heavily discounted HUO old art. I had been looking at HUO LEs, and a new comic Premium is about the same as a HUO old art LE. Hmm...

#7705 4 years ago

I love my LE. I bought it HUO. I think it looks great when you light up the siderails but I also like the original art better.

4fe865872893354f5c55ed796adc37e9da6bf3bb (resized).jpg4fe865872893354f5c55ed796adc37e9da6bf3bb (resized).jpg
#7706 4 years ago

I am gonna go with the original art preference. The machine is based on a movie and all the comic stuff came way later.

#7707 4 years ago

When I first saw videos and played SW I was angry. It was not the game I wanted. I wanted a game with lots of mechs. Think AFM and blowing up Death Star MM style.
Hated the multipliers, the code was to complicated. Cheap drains and so on.

Played several different SW pro and premium that was perfectly set up at pinball universe in Germany. Fell in love with the game.
My Premium will soon be at home. Can’t wait!

#7708 4 years ago

I wish there was a mode that actually made you hit all of the drops individually. All of them just make you hit any drop and then resets the bank

#7709 4 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

I wish there was a mode that actually made you hit all of the drops individually. All of them just make you hit any drop and then resets the bank

I’m confused. Yes, certain missions, the drops reset when you hit one, but in order to spell FORCE, you have to drop all for every letter.

#7710 4 years ago

Right but you kind of just spell FORCE as you play. I never find myself actually trying to target it. I meant in an actual mode like cloud city duel.

#7711 4 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Right but you kind of just spell FORCE as you play. I never find myself actually trying to target it. I meant in an actual mode like cloud city duel.

Ah, yup. There’s a lot of wishing...but the code is pretty complete. As far as Stern goes, I’m really happy with it. And, if you concentrate on that shot...it’s actually quite satisfying...difficult to complete on purpose.

#7712 4 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

I don't have a Star Wars yet, but I've been lurking regarding a Premium / LE. I actually prefer the comic art quite a bit. I actually kinda hate getting NIB games, so buying new is not in itself a positive for me. So, the debate becomes the comic version I like better, versus a heavily discounted HUO old art. I had been looking at HUO LEs, and a new comic Premium is about the same as a HUO old art LE. Hmm...

Unfortunately art is the main difference with the LE. The only other extras you get are; side rails, powder coat, 3 translites, a signature, and a serial #.

I would pick the art package you like the best and go with that. If I was buying a SW now, I would buy a used LE. I think it has the best art package out of the 5 and I really like the gloss black powder coat look and feel. It’s much better than the crinkle coat on the other models.

#7713 4 years ago

Is it just me or dumb luck but I seem to get more extra balls while playing as character Luke than anyone else?

#7714 4 years ago

I don't have any spike games. How have these held up? Node boards etc? Depth and lastability for replay value?

#7715 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Is it just me or dumb luck but I seem to get more extra balls while playing as character Luke than anyone else?

Luke is coded that way, to get more extra balls than the other 3.

#7716 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Luke is coded that way, to get more extra balls than the other 3.

Ah thanks, that's why I just got 3.4 billion, have been playing mainly as Han... Thanks

#7717 4 years ago

Thinking of selling my premium. Game is HUO and I’m the second owner. Has a ton of upgrades. Game is in CA and figure I’d post here first. Would trade for another stern spike 2 game.

- invisiglass
- shaker
- lit star destroyer
- mod couple light kit
- cliffys
- lit Star Wars missing worlds with custom paint, see pics.
- plastic protectors
- center button stainless steel trim

There’s other stuff I’m forgetting but that’s the main items. Plays perfect. PM me if interested in trade or outright purchase.

0BD8D253-D95C-4303-9A26-841B63311EAE (resized).jpeg0BD8D253-D95C-4303-9A26-841B63311EAE (resized).jpeg2480315E-8658-45F5-B3E5-C04684428C01 (resized).jpeg2480315E-8658-45F5-B3E5-C04684428C01 (resized).jpeg3586D192-EEB3-4759-88C7-7ACFEE2CC6BB (resized).jpeg3586D192-EEB3-4759-88C7-7ACFEE2CC6BB (resized).jpeg3E5A9951-84DF-4056-B1B4-53EB5E60C718 (resized).jpeg3E5A9951-84DF-4056-B1B4-53EB5E60C718 (resized).jpegC7DF9796-0DB0-45E1-A6D5-178F2E551D96 (resized).jpegC7DF9796-0DB0-45E1-A6D5-178F2E551D96 (resized).jpegD72E349E-850B-4386-B3D9-3CBF7FEEB49D (resized).jpegD72E349E-850B-4386-B3D9-3CBF7FEEB49D (resized).jpegD86916B2-854A-423E-977E-6AE6D57ACF34 (resized).jpegD86916B2-854A-423E-977E-6AE6D57ACF34 (resized).jpeg8AC3428F-B193-418F-9E28-A8F0663C821D (resized).jpeg8AC3428F-B193-418F-9E28-A8F0663C821D (resized).jpeg07644F15-8324-4653-B4DA-1CE1E0801316 (resized).jpeg07644F15-8324-4653-B4DA-1CE1E0801316 (resized).jpeg6930035C-08D1-4F65-AE48-4770C08501F2 (resized).jpeg6930035C-08D1-4F65-AE48-4770C08501F2 (resized).jpeg5C1F5D2F-0ED2-4957-8F13-EC33577995DF (resized).jpeg5C1F5D2F-0ED2-4957-8F13-EC33577995DF (resized).jpegFA4A2A35-5D12-4553-BD15-11E030574CC6 (resized).jpegFA4A2A35-5D12-4553-BD15-11E030574CC6 (resized).jpeg
#7718 4 years ago
Quoted from joseph5185:

Okay... let me try this the other way.
Does anyone own Black Knight: Sword of Rage
If so...thoughts if you were to compare these two?
Thanks!!

BKSOR is way harder, not as deep a rule set and not as much flow as SW. Prepare to get an ass kicking and be taunted continuously with BKSOR, with the premium/LE the flail ramp can be hard to make also if not set up right.

#7719 4 years ago

How about these for the new comic book art package?

Star Wars - Stern - Comic Art 1 copy (resized).jpgStar Wars - Stern - Comic Art 1 copy (resized).jpg

Star Wars - Stern - Comic Art 2 copy (resized).jpgStar Wars - Stern - Comic Art 2 copy (resized).jpg

Star Wars - Stern - Comic Art 3 copy (resized).jpgStar Wars - Stern - Comic Art 3 copy (resized).jpg

Star Wars - Stern - Comic Art Black 1 copy (resized).jpgStar Wars - Stern - Comic Art Black 1 copy (resized).jpg

Star Wars - Stern - Comic Art Black 2 copy (resized).jpgStar Wars - Stern - Comic Art Black 2 copy (resized).jpg

Star Wars - Stern - Comic Art Black 3 copy (resized).jpgStar Wars - Stern - Comic Art Black 3 copy (resized).jpg

#7720 4 years ago

I like the black version the best.

#7721 4 years ago

The black might even look good in the originals?

#7722 4 years ago

I like the black too, but it looks like the stock art on the back panel has a blue background, so it looks odd to me seeing the side panels with black colored space and the back panel with blue colored space. I might be tempted to go blue just to make it all match.

#7723 4 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

Thinking of selling my premium. Game is HUO and I’m the second owner. Has a ton of upgrades. Game is in CA and figure I’d post here first. Would trade for another stern spike 2 game.
- invisiglass
- shaker
- lit star destroyer
- mod couple light kit
- cliffys
- lit Star Wars missing worlds with custom paint, see pics.
- plastic protectors
- center button stainless steel trim
There’s other stuff I’m forgetting but that’s the main items. Plays perfect. PM me if interested in trade or outright purchase.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Are you selling the mods or the whole pin? Photos looks like you're just selling the mods. If so, how much?

#7724 4 years ago

Darn it, I also like that Pro comic book/bed sheet art way better than the Premium comic book/bed sheet art, but I want a Premium playfield. Wonder who I could bribe to build me a Premium in the Pro cabinet?

#7725 4 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

Darn it, I also like that Pro comic book/bed sheet art way better than the Premium comic book/bed sheet art, but I want a Premium playfield. Wonder who I could bribe to build me a Premium in the Pro cabinet?

That seems to be said a lot

Maybe tell your distro. That’s what I’m doing.

Stern listened with Metallica. Maybe they will do the same again.

I feel so strongly about a Premium PF in a Pro cabinet that I can’t pull the trigger on buying the damn game. One because I want the pro cab. Two because I know after I settle Stern will offer the exact config I wanted. So now it’s paralysis by analysis & lusting for info on “the next game” lol

#7726 4 years ago

Stainless laser cut lockbar plates still available for purchase in the store section.

09D8033E-85AD-42A2-9C61-FB4A244800E9 (resized).jpeg09D8033E-85AD-42A2-9C61-FB4A244800E9 (resized).jpeg5A3CD859-9A91-4207-B009-24F466D38A4B (resized).jpeg5A3CD859-9A91-4207-B009-24F466D38A4B (resized).jpeg
#7727 4 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

How about these for the new comic book art package?
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Email sent

#7728 4 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

IMO *BOTH* comic art packages look great but to me the premium looks better but I'd be happy with either.

My problem is should I buy SW or DP :<

#7729 4 years ago

I need some help here. I’m really not a fan of Stern pinballs but that seems to be changing in the recent months. I just purchased my first NIB Stern (an Elvira LE) because it was a dream theme for me. I played Star Wars on location but never consider buying one until I saw the new comic package. I’m a Star Wars kid and that new old school art looks pretty darn good to me. I thought the game played good (I’ve only played the premium) but the new art is making me a possible buyer. Actually I like the pro art better but they both look great. The money difference isn’t and issue. Which one is the better long term player?

#7730 4 years ago

Play each one if possible before you decide. Nobody can tell you which is better.

#7731 4 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I need some help here. I’m really not a fan of Stern pinballs but that seems to be changing in the recent months. I just purchased my first NIB Stern (an Elvira LE) because it was a dream theme for me. I played Star Wars on location but never consider buying one until I saw the new comic package. I’m a Star Wars kid and that new old school art looks pretty darn good to me. I thought the game played good (I’ve only played the premium) but the new art is making me a possible buyer. Actually I like the pro art better but they both look great. The money difference isn’t and issue. Which one is the better long term player?

Ask your distro if the Premium PF can be put in the Pro cabinet. That's what several of us are requesting (I think).

Stern will either accomodate the request or make it an option for all or decline it.

The next game will be announced soon anyway which might be even cooler than a premium PF in a Pro cabinet. Maybe.

So I'd wait a bit & see what happens. Stern modified art & options on ACDC, TWD, Munsters, Star Wars & Metallica IIRC so its a high likelihood they will offer what buyers want if enough ask.

#7732 4 years ago

Can you all explain why you think the pro art is better?

#7733 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

That’s easy for me. It is a throwback to the original Star Wars poster. The entire cast is in their hero stance with the bad guy looming behind. Very cool. The other one is kind of one sided being all bad guys. I still like it but prefer the throwback look.

#7734 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Can you all explain why you think the pro art is better? I mean better than Darth Vader??

They are both good, but I like the premium art just a bit more.
The pro cabinet featuring Darth Vader looking away from Luke and Bobba Fett before he was eaten just wasn't as appealing as the premium featuring Rebel Luke & the Deathstar battle.

#7735 4 years ago

Whoops...

looks like the art package from Stern and pinball news don't match up... glad I checked.

https://www.pinballnews.com/site/2019/10/07/stern-show-re-arted-star-wars/

#7736 4 years ago

I see now. I like the Premium trans light but the pro cabinet more.

This is so tempting.

#7738 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

The Pro cabinet has all the main charachters & all the ships. It's 100% Star Wars 100% represented. No stone left unturned.

The premium is cool but its not as "Star Wars" as the Pro. If that makes sense. I like the premium cabinet. I love the pro cabinet.

Really not sure I can throw down $7500 for a cabinet I don't love. Plus if I do Stern will just fuck me over & release it 6 mos later the way I want it.

#7739 4 years ago

I’m agreed now with the pro cabinet.

#7740 4 years ago

I definitely enjoy the Pro art the most, particularly the backglass. Something about the other two (as well as the new comic versions) just don't have that same vibe as the original films IMO.

EDIT: I'm referring to the original art, I missed the context of the discussion

#7741 4 years ago

Ah, rumor is Stern refuses to put the premium PF in the Pro cabinet

They did it for Metallica, not Star Wars?

Guess I will focus on JP instead. It’s cool looking.

Will wait for code to hit 1.0 first tho. But... by then something else more exciting will be announced & I can wait for that one to reach 1.0 instead & then the cycle continues as something else more exciting will be announced lol

#7742 4 years ago
Quoted from starfighter:

They are both good, but I like the premium art just a bit more.
The pro cabinet featuring Darth Vader looking away from Luke and Bobba Fett before he was eaten just wasn't as appealing as the premium featuring Rebel Luke &amp; the Deathstar battle.

EDIT clarity for Gary:
I want the premium playfield in the pro deathstar cabinet.
Drop me a PM when you get that done.

#7743 4 years ago

To be honest I like the premium trans light but pro cabinet. Does Stern sell translite alone? Does it look like it would go with the pro cabinet?

The premium cabinet has weird perspectives with Vader and Luke on one side apparently not in the same scene. And Boba Fet eaten by a sand worm on the other. Just not as cool as space battles on the pro.

Is anybody more considering the new art even if you can get a used one for less with the old art?

I’m not decided on pro v premium so might just get the pro to start.

#7744 4 years ago

I have the premium translite on the pro, I like it a lot. You cant see the sides of mine though.

#7745 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Is anybody more considering the new art even if you can get a used one for less with the old art?

This is exactly what I'm debating. The Pro is fun, but the metal ramps are so smooth and the hyperloop is too cool. So, as prices have been coming down, I had been thinking of getting an LE because I like the lit up side rails (requires a kit). But I honestly like the new art better. Unless I got a downright steal, I'd probably always wish I had the comic art instead, so I'm probably waiting until I can pick up a HUO comic art Premium.

#7746 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Agreed that this game is very unfairly reviewed and rated here on pinside. Location players weigh in with low scores because game was not setup correctly or they don’t understand the awesome coding Dwight has done. Hence the low scores. Before purchasing it, I played on location and didn’t like it very much at all. Pulled the plunger 6 times and had 6 straight drains. Said to my friend, this game stinks and didn’t play it again till I was at a distributors location and could free play it as much as I wanted and got a little education from the dealer. Fell in love with it the minute red and blue light saber duel started. There was a while, this was my only game, so I know it quite well. It is an amazing game that keeps you coming back for more. Because it is a space scene, people think it is somewhat lacking in the toy department. But that’s not true.
The hyperdrive is a rush when multiple balls are flying around all at the same time. Look at all the gear behind the back of the table to make that happen. The fork that goes up and down for DS shots. The far right VUC, with targets at the end of each ramp. Spinner and “use the force shooter lane return mech. The DS that blows up with cool lights and animation. FORCE drop targets. Tie Fighter mech. Pop bumper field. PF screen information/scene instrument. Multi-level habit trails, with hyper drive habit trail diverter. Left lane up post. Millennium Falcon motor lights. And on and on: the game is loaded with toys and mechs. Unless in a home environment this game is severely under appreciated.

I received my Star Wars premium yesterday brand new. It’s a great game. my son who is 17 years old thinks it’s the best People who don’t like the game are out of their mind. what are they looking for??? It may not be the easiest game in the world but if you want an easy game then buy monster Bash.

09E99A3B-F8D7-4E21-A209-9DA4D459A457 (resized).jpeg09E99A3B-F8D7-4E21-A209-9DA4D459A457 (resized).jpeg
#7747 4 years ago

I played it for about two hours I’m not really sure what I’m doing but I’ll figure it out. All the modes are cool, the death star shot is difficult. Overall it’s one of The better games I’ve played.

#7748 4 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

This is exactly what I'm debating. The Pro is fun, but the metal ramps are so smooth and the hyperloop is too cool. So, as prices have been coming down, I had been thinking of getting an LE because I like the lit up side rails (requires a kit). But I honestly like the new art better. Unless I got a downright steal, I'd probably always wish I had the comic art instead, so I'm probably waiting until I can pick up a HUO comic art Premium.

I like to get a great deal (better deal used) but to me half the point of a pinball machine is the looks (sound and vision) and the art is a big part of that. I can't say any of the art packages look bad but the comic art is more to my liking.

#7749 4 years ago

It is very subjective. I like the pro translite but I can’t stand the rest of the comic art. I much prefer the old style. I just bought an original premium. It comes Saturday. Stern is smart though because there are many people that love it. So this gives them greater sales and they can use the same exact machine all they have to do is replace the art package. Pretty smart marketing IMHO. You can say what you want about Stern but their marketing department is brilliant.

#7750 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

It is coming[quoted image]

Am I the only one that thinks after 2 yrs waiting this looks like they just cut up a window unit and glued an R2 head on it¿?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 15,046 posts in this topic. You are on page 155 of 301.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/155?hl=hassanchop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.