IMG_8600 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6632 (resized).jpeg
sw1 (resized).JPEG
sw2 (resized).JPEG
sw3 (resized).JPEG
sw4 (resized).JPEG

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,046 posts in this topic. You are on page 154 of 301.
#7651 4 years ago

What does "Leia Champion" or "Luke Champion" mean?

#7652 4 years ago
Quoted from Jackalwere:

What does "Leia Champion" or "Luke Champion" mean?

It's basically like a high score for the characters. The game has 4 characters you can choose from and if you get a highest character score for them you get the"champion status" So if the high score for Leia is 500 million and you get 600 million while playing as Leia you will get the "Leia Champion".

#7653 4 years ago

Just realized there is a switch inside the rubber ring just below the spinner. What is the point of that?

#7654 4 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Just realized there is a switch inside the rubber ring just below the spinner. What is the point of that?

To make fun ewok sounds

#7655 4 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

I think that switch makes R2 sounds too and will likely be a trigger for the topper if they ever release the damn thing.

#7656 4 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

Make sure the screw holding the gate in at the top is tight. Mine would come lose every now and then.

Ditto. A twist of the screw fixed mine. Best of luck.

#7657 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

To make fun ewok sounds

My favorite sound is when the Ewok is singing...

#7658 4 years ago
Quoted from deadghosty:

It's basically like a high score for the characters. The game has 4 characters you can choose from and if you get a highest character score for them you get the"champion status" So if the high score for Leia is 500 million and you get 600 million while playing as Leia you will get the "Leia Champion".

Awesome, thank you! I got Leia Champion on a location machine and wasn't sure exactly what I did

I love the game!

#7659 4 years ago

Anyone ever have an issue where Death Star leds just start acting haywire mid game?

Played a game today and this happened, even between balls with ball in shooter lane the green leds wire firing almost continuously which isn’t normal.

Any thoughts?

#7660 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Anyone ever have an issue where Death Star leds just start acting haywire mid game?
Played a game today and this happened, even between balls with ball in shooter lane the green leds wire firing almost continuously which isn’t normal.
Any thoughts?

Make sure your connections are good to the node boards.

#7661 4 years ago

I played my Premium tonight for about an hour, doing nothing special as usual, lucky to hit a billion. Then out of nowhere, I reach the Emperor for the very first time, and defeated him! Didn't see that coming. Finished at only 3.5 billion because I didn't complete any of the 4 planet multi-balls and didn't exploit the shot multipliers well enough. Baby steps!

#7662 4 years ago
Quoted from jlatko:

I played my Premium tonight for about an hour, doing nothing special as usual, lucky to hit a billion. Then out of nowhere, I reach the Emperor for the very first time, and defeated him! Didn't see that coming. Finished at only 3.5 billion because I didn't complete any of the 4 planet multi-balls and didn't exploit the shot multipliers well enough. Baby steps!

I have a new premium coming next week. I’m excited. Never played it. I like games that are deemed difficult. I’m not looking for the best pin ever made, I’m sure it’s fun..?

#7663 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Any thoughts?

I was initially able to fix this by unplugging and replugging the main connection on the node board that controls those lights. I ended up fixing it for real by having my tech friend flow solder on the connectors.

If you put the playfield up into service mode while it is on you can jiggle the connectors around and probably get them to work.

#7664 4 years ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

I have a new premium coming next week. I’m excited. Never played it. I like games that are deemed difficult. I’m not looking for the best pin ever made, I’m sure it’s fun..?

The code of this game is nothing short of amazing. It goes to show you that with a simple (but well thought-out) layout and excellent code you can really do a lot. It's really a game almost meant to be played at home, because it takes a little while to get comfortable with the rules -- but once you do... then you'll really start to love it. This machine is underrated mostly because many people play it on location a bit and get frustrated and leave thinking "Star Wars" should be more obviously epic with toys and stuff. It's much more of a finely tuned game that you appreciate more with time. If you could get ratings from all people who own the game, it'd be a different story.

#7665 4 years ago

Was watching Jack Danger seems like he got the video mode 2x on the same game? Is that possible? That seems very excessive.

Also what happens when the jump ramp fork is up if the ball comes the opposite way around the loop?

#7666 4 years ago

Any rumors lately regarding some code polish perhaps when/if topper comes out?

Don’t have many complaints need additional dialogue for ball drains and end of game other than yoda. Give me some more obi wan, chewy, Vader, emporer any of the main players really.

Would like to see maybe another video mode, speeder bikes or something. I know I’m dreaming on this one.

What’s everyone else’s wish list?

#7667 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Was watching Jack Danger seems like he got the video mode 2x on the same game? Is that possible? That seems very excessive.
Also what happens when the jump ramp fork is up if the ball comes the opposite way around the loop?

You can get it infinite times really... Every 5 completions of the drops lights it. Also it's Hoth I.

The ball going in the hoth shot with the ramp up just stops on the ramp, that's how it catches the ball for video mode

#7668 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

You can get it infinite times really... Every 5 completions of the drops lights it. Also it's Hoth I.

Thanks.

That’s a lot of video mode for me

#7669 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

The ball going in the hoth shot with the ramp up just stops on the ramp, that's how it catches the ball for video mode

But what if Hoth shot mode is not active and the ramp is up?

#7670 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

2-3 video modes in a decent game is unfortunately pretty common. I have had it 5-6 times, and that's a drag, but that's a pretty rare thing. This is one of the things I would love to see Dwight update on this one. Give us the chance to opt out of it like GoT or ST:TNG (with or without consolation points...I don't mind either way). I would love to see a "real" mode added for Hoth 1 (since it's exactly the same as lighting video mode), but I won't hold my breath for that. If it must remain as Hoth 1, I could see forcing the player to play for that completion, but then giving the option to skip it all other times.

#7671 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

The ball hits the ramp and then the ramps drops down. It's actually pretty quick to drop down. It's not like it waits for a ball search or anything.

#7672 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Quoted from mozach:

The ball hits the ramp and then the ramps drops down. It's actually pretty quick to drop down. It's not like it waits for a ball search or anything.

Yeah, but it completely interrupts the flow as compared to the Pro. I've always REALLY wished it was set up on a coil that would raise and lower it quickly. This way it could have been connected to an opto at the entrance, so when it wasn't trying to capture the ball, it would allow the fork to quickly drop, so it wouldn't interrupt the horseshoe shot.

#7673 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I would love to see Dwight update on this one. Give us the chance to opt out of it like GoT or ST:TNG (with or without consolation points...I don't mind either way). I would love to see a "real" mode added for Hoth 1 (since it's exactly the same as lighting video mode), but I won't hold my breath for that. If it must remain as Hoth 1, I could see forcing the player to play for that completion, but then giving the option to skip it all other times.

Yes bummer, I can not buy this pin if the video mode happens every game maybe more than once. Sucks that such a great game is interrupted by this nonsense.

#7674 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Yes bummer, I can not buy this pin if the video mode happens every game maybe more than once. Sucks that such a great game is interrupted by this nonsense.

Video modes are fine as long as you aren’t doing the same damn one multiple times. They could easily add another to provide some variety, it is pretty cool when you do it with a big multiplier.

#7675 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Any rumors lately regarding some code polish perhaps when/if topper comes out?
Don’t have many complaints need additional dialogue for ball drains and end of game other than yoda. Give me some more obi wan, chewy, Vader, emporer any of the main players really.
Would like to see maybe another video mode, speeder bikes or something. I know I’m dreaming on this one.
What’s everyone else’s wish list?

Don’t think you’re dreaming. Please email Stern and ask them to include the code/clips that was done for the SWHE and there is quite a bit more video in there. Maybe with the newly refreshed artwork, they’ll give us another code update if enough people ask for it.

#7676 4 years ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

The code of this game is nothing short of amazing. It goes to show you that with a simple (but well thought-out) layout and excellent code you can really do a lot. It's really a game almost meant to be played at home, because it takes a little while to get comfortable with the rules -- but once you do... then you'll really start to love it. This machine is underrated mostly because many people play it on location a bit and get frustrated and leave thinking "Star Wars" should be more obviously epic with toys and stuff. It's much more of a finely tuned game that you appreciate more with time. If you could get ratings from all people who own the game, it'd be a different story.

Agreed that this game is very unfairly reviewed and rated here on pinside. Location players weigh in with low scores because game was not setup correctly or they don’t understand the awesome coding Dwight has done. Hence the low scores. Before purchasing it, I played on location and didn’t like it very much at all. Pulled the plunger 6 times and had 6 straight drains. Said to my friend, this game stinks and didn’t play it again till I was at a distributors location and could free play it as much as I wanted and got a little education from the dealer. Fell in love with it the minute red and blue light saber duel started. There was a while, this was my only game, so I know it quite well. It is an amazing game that keeps you coming back for more. Because it is a space scene, people think it is somewhat lacking in the toy department. But that’s not true.

The hyperdrive is a rush when multiple balls are flying around all at the same time. Look at all the gear behind the back of the table to make that happen. The fork that goes up and down for DS shots. The far right VUC, with targets at the end of each ramp. Spinner and “use the force shooter lane return mech. The DS that blows up with cool lights and animation. FORCE drop targets. Tie Fighter mech. Pop bumper field. PF screen information/scene instrument. Multi-level habit trails, with hyper drive habit trail diverter. Left lane up post. Millennium Falcon motor lights. And on and on: the game is loaded with toys and mechs. Unless in a home environment this game is severely under appreciated.

#7677 4 years ago

forgive my ignorance. How is the hyperdrive qualified and the loop loaded??

On the pro what is the substitution for the hyperdrive in the gameplay?

#7678 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

Agreed that this game is very unfairly reviewed and rated here on pinside. Location players weigh in with low scores because game was not setup correctly or they don’t understand the awesome coding Dwight has done. Hence the low scores. Before purchasing it, I played on location and didn’t like it very much at all. Pulled the plunger 6 times and had 6 straight drains. Said to my friend, this game stinks and didn’t play it again till I was at a distributors location and could free play it as much as I wanted and got a little education from the dealer. Fell in love with it the minute red and blue light saber duel started. There was a while, this was my only game, so I know it quite well. It is an amazing game that keeps you coming back for more. Because it is a space scene, people think it is somewhat lacking in the toy department. But that’s not true.
The hyperdrive is a rush when multiple balls are flying around all at the same time. Look at all the gear behind the back of the table to make that happen. The fork that goes up and down for DS shots. The far right VUC, with targets at the end of each ramp. Spinner and “use the force shooter lane return mech. The DS that blows up with cool lights and animation. FORCE drop targets. Tie Fighter mech. Pop bumper field. PF screen information/scene instrument. Multi-level habit trails, with hyper drive habit trail diverter. Left lane up post. Millennium Falcon motor lights. And on and on: the game is loaded with toys and mechs. Unless in a home environment this game is severely under appreciated.

I value both of your opinions. I m really excited. Glad I went with the premium. There is nothing like getting a new pin delivered. I’m sure I will like it. I pretty much like every pin I have ever owned or played for one reason or another. Some are just more fun than others. I thought wizard mode on Simpson’s party was difficult to beat, this sounds more difficult. I like that

#7679 4 years ago

This game definitely shines at home. I played it on location a few times and hated the cheap drains and the multipliers. I'm a huge Star Wars fan though so when a local tradd came up I went for it. Properly set up you almost never get a cheap drain off of the plunge. Once you get into the multipliers it adds a lot of depth and the risk/reward is amazing.

#7680 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

forgive my ignorance. How is the hyperdrive qualified and the loop loaded??
On the pro what is the substitution for the hyperdrive in the gameplay?

It holds the first ball and gives you another. If you hit the DS again it releases that ball and you get a third. You can do that over again up to 6 balls but I don't think I've gotten more than 4 so far.

It's kinda wonky because instead of the balls being up on the hyperdrive track, they are on the playfield and in the way.

#7681 4 years ago

The fact that we have a whole new set of artwork and the game has been around as long as it has leads me to believe that the topper will never see the light of day unless it happens very soon.

Not holding my breath.

#7682 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

The fact that we have a whole new set of artwork and the game has been around as long as it has leads me to believe that the topper will never see the light of day unless it happens very soon.
Not holding my breath.

They did say for the holidays this year so if it doesn’t happen by then and we are almost there I agree with you!

I would like to see it happen though.

#7683 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Not holding my breath.

If it is not happening then it would be good for Stern to just come clean and come out and say it so we can go another direction for a topper.

#7684 4 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

If it is not happening then it would be good for Stern to just come clean and come out and say it so we can go another direction for a topper.

Agreed, I have been planning a screen accurate lightsaber that lights up and clashes with the pop bumpers but am not going to pull the trigger if there is an R2 coming out that is integrated. Tried my hand at an R2 and just not sure how to integrate as well.

#7685 4 years ago

It is coming

sw topper (resized).jpegsw topper (resized).jpeg
#7686 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

It is coming[quoted image]

I hope! Did you see it in action?

The base needs some decals and weathering to make it look like he’s riding in the x-wing.

#7687 4 years ago

Anyone at expo ask if those new translites will be for sale? I’d like to frame one and back light it.

#7688 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I hope! Did you see it in action?
The base needs some decals and weathering to make it look like he’s riding in the x-wing.

I did not. Not at expo this year. I need to check the expo thread for any Stern tour photos. The photo is from a couple of weeks ago I believe from facebook. Notice it is different than a year ago. More accurate R2.

#7689 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I did not. Not at expo this year. I need to check the expo thread for any Stern tour photos. The photo is from a couple of weeks ago I believe from facebook. Notice it is different than a year ago. More accurate R2.

I think it looks great, would love to see it in action.

#7690 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

It is coming[quoted image]

I want to believe...

#7691 4 years ago

I really like that comic book art package. Shame it wasn't an option at early release. Hard to buy now once you already own a version.

#7692 4 years ago

just venting about this game...

1st-everyone hated the game because the layout didn't have 3 bash toys or some 'crazy toy'
2nd-everyone hated the game because the rules and scoring were too difficult to understand
3rd-stern releases an ugly comic book artwork re-release and somehow #1 and #2 complaints are miraculously forgotten and the bandwagon is moving forward with the previous non believers.

hilarious

#7693 4 years ago

Comic art looks fantastic imo.

#7694 4 years ago

Apparently they were very strict at the tour with the no photos thing. But I am sure they said something about the topper. Anyone on the tour yesterday?

#7695 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Comic art looks fantastic imo.

i suppose some people do enjoy it. i don't, it's not the movies i grew up with and have enjoyed since the 80's. i would never trade my original run for the new one.

different strokes for different folks

#7696 4 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

i suppose some people do enjoy it. i don't, it's not the movies i grew up with and have enjoyed since the 80's. i would never trade my original run for the new one.

I love my ESB Premium with all the bad guys on the plastics. Comic does look pretty good however.

#7697 4 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

I agree, I think it looks terrible.

#7698 4 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

I agree, I think it looks terrible.

Me too. I never got the hate for the original art. Although maybe one done in the style of the original posters would have been cool....

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#7699 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Me too. I never got the hate for the original art. Although maybe one done in the style of the original posters would have been cool....[quoted image]

I have the OG art and prefer it to the new stuff, but I also think the new version is cool and am fine if some people like it better. I definitely would have been down for an original poster art version though. I'm hoping next up will be the Mad Magazine rendition, with playable characters Lube Skystalker, Ham Yoyo, Princess Laidup and Bar-Stool.
Mad Jedi.jpgMad Jedi.jpg

#7700 4 years ago

I definitely like the original art over this comic version. I don't really see the appeal at all. At least if you're gonna do comic-style artwork, have Marvel do it so it matches up with all of the comics they are doing.

But Star Wars is a movie series first and foremost, so it doesn't make much sense to me to have a comic styling. But hey man, the more options the better for everyone.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 21.50
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

8,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,046 posts in this topic. You are on page 154 of 301.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/154?hl=celofane and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.