SW Topper 1 (resized).jpg
Screen Bezels (resized).jpg
IMG_3171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3170 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4042 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240411-000808 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,062 posts in this topic. You are on page 153 of 302.
#7601 4 years ago

Ladies and gentlemen, Star Wars vault edition! This is sort of like the approach with Spider-Man.

#7602 4 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

Is Stern going to produce these new art versions of the game, or is this just a concept thing?

The promo video and details give the impressions it is a go.

#7603 4 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

Is Stern going to produce these new art versions of the game, or is this just a concept thing?

No, they are defintely being made. In fact, they are already up on Stern's site ...

https://sternpinball.com/game/star-wars-comic/

#7604 4 years ago

I may need to order one of the premium translites for my wall. The whole art package is so much better than the original.

#7605 4 years ago

The pro definitely looks better IMO, but I get that the Premium stuck with the Dark Side theme

#7606 4 years ago

Wow. These look great. I love the line art touches on the playfield. Bravo!

#7607 4 years ago

Sort of reminds me of the DE SW machine art. Nice. Too bad I already have a Prem. Rats!

#7608 4 years ago

A vault eh? What are the odds that a code update is in the works also?

#7609 4 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

A vault eh? What are the odds that a code update is in the works also?

I'd say about 1,000,000,000 to 1

#7610 4 years ago

Very cool! I'm (thankfully) quite happy with my pro art, but I know many people were not, so hopefully this will help others discover this awesome machine.

I prefer the original cab/translite art (at least the pro), but I have to admit...I'm a bit jealous of the new playfield. Can't wait to see them in person!

#7611 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'd say about 1,000,000,000 to 1

Never tell me the odds!

#7612 4 years ago

Both packages are really nice and superior to the originals. If I wasn't a current LE owner, I'd be very tempted to grab a premium.

#7613 4 years ago

Little more in video :

#7614 4 years ago

I'm not sure if I'm digging that new funky font they used.

#7615 4 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

I'm not sure if I'm digging that new funky font they used.

If I didn't already own one that font is bad enough by itself that it might still away me towards the original art

#7616 4 years ago

That playfield is sweet though

#7617 4 years ago

I wish they would offer the premium in the pro cabinet's art package

#7618 4 years ago

As an LE woner I enjoy the family growing, but this is going too much into the toddler-style lego star wars direction, for me to be sad to not have one of them. I'm happy with the LE as it is, but now I'm hoping for two things again:
1. Topper
2. Code Update

#7619 4 years ago

I’m kind of surprised that there was no code update to go along with the release.

Not saying it needs a whole lot, but the Premium could interact with the Deathstar waaaay more often.

#7620 4 years ago

I’m here for the $3500 second hand pro machine now that this new art package and saturated market drive the prices down

#7621 4 years ago

You would have thought they would do a code release, instead of a new art package on Force Friday. I do like the art.

#7622 4 years ago
Quoted from Soapman:

You would have thought they would do a code release, instead of a new art package on Force Friday. I do like the art.

I knew about May the Fourth of course, but had never heard of Force Friday. So I googled and landed on https://www.starwars.com/news/triple-force-friday-events with the photo below. Color me confused. Why is Sandra Bullock's adult niece and Gardner Minshew's cousin (the one that works at the auto parts store, not that there's anything wrong with that) playing with Star Wars toys?

I like the Star Wars universe as much as the next 50-something geek, but I'm baffled as to where this advertising is targeted.

Star Wars force friday (resized).pngStar Wars force friday (resized).png
#7623 4 years ago

I'll pass on the 80's Star Wars bed sheets art style.

#7624 4 years ago
Quoted from Adaminski:

I knew about May the Fourth of course, but had never heard of Force Friday. So I googled and landed on https://www.starwars.com/news/triple-force-friday-events with the photo below. Color me confused. Why is Sandra Bullock's adult niece and Gardner Minshew's cousin (the one that works at the auto parts store, not that there's anything wrong with that) playing with Star Wars toys?
I like the Star Wars universe as much as the next 50-something geek, but I'm baffled as to where this advertising is targeted.[quoted image]

That is Gina Carano ... she is in the Star Wars Mandalorian series, as the the gentlemen in the picture. But I agree, on the surface it does seem an odd fit.

#7625 4 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

That is Gina Carano ... she is in the Star Wars Mandalorian series, as the the gentlemen in the picture. But I agree, on the surface it does seem an odd fit.

Aaaahhhhh! Thanks. At least it makes a little more sense to me now. Still, it might be interesting to be a fly on the wall at that photo shoot.

"Don't knock over the Lego AT-ST again, Gina."
"Do the big head toys have more brains than the normal head toys? I think that they wouldn't mix in real life."
"Smile bigger."
"I need a gaze of inquisitiveness - consider how the unarmored toy manages to survive."
"Why are we doing this?"
"It's on your contract, section VI, paragraph 7, clauses a1 and b4."

I should go have dinner and play pinball.

#7626 4 years ago

I like the new art package way more.

It's how all the toys looked back in the day.
Maybe I'll loose Houdini and grab a Premium?

What to do?

#7627 4 years ago
Quoted from Dkjimbo:

I’m here for the $3500 second hand pro machine now that this new art package and saturated market drive the prices down

You can put it right next to your $11k Lebowski.

#7628 4 years ago

Have a buyer for Houdini now what to do?
Prefer the art on Pro as well as backglass but want the Premium loop and toys?

1st thought is just get Premium with Pro backglass.
In my lineup won't notice side art much anyhow.

Never played premium and only put 2 games on pro walked away saying I'll never get this machine as it was to easy and repetitive.

#7629 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinchild:

Have a buyer for Houdini now what to do?
Prefer the art on Pro as well as backglass but want the Premium loop and toys?
1st thought is just get Premium with Pro backglass.
In my lineup won't notice side art much anyhow.
Never played premium and only put 2 games on pro walked away saying I'll never get this machine as it was to easy and repetitive.

Pro is easy? Man I must be doing something wrong !

#7630 4 years ago

New art looks silly to me.

#7631 4 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Pro is easy? Man I must be doing something wrong !

Pro is easy(ier) than the Premium / LE. But not easy.

#7632 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

New art looks silly to me.

Agreed. It looks like somebody ran the original playfield artwork through a 1980s printer. Cabinet doesn't do it for me, either. Let's hope for a code update.

#7633 4 years ago

Not sure what to think of new art but it’s smart of Stern to do this. Will certainly boost StarWars sales.

#7634 4 years ago
Quoted from Adaminski:

Aaaahhhhh! Thanks. At least it makes a little more sense to me now. Still, it might be interesting to be a fly on the wall at that photo shoot.
"Don't knock over the Lego AT-ST again, Gina."
"Do the big head toys have more brains than the normal head toys? I think that they wouldn't mix in real life."
"Smile bigger."
"I need a gaze of inquisitiveness - consider how the unarmored toy manages to survive."
"Why are we doing this?"
"It's on your contract, section VI, paragraph 7, clauses a1 and b4."
I should go have dinner and play pinball.

Get the premium with the pro back glass. Good idea. I like pro artwork, but with the back glass, you’ll never notice difference on the side art. Also, have an LE and love the play of the hyperloop and exploding DS. Both awesome mechs, plus the metal ramps are worth it alone. Pre/LE plays so well and is a blast to play, with that one more hit start button feeling.

#7635 4 years ago

Below is a .pdf showing the maximum points on offer for all the missions and major modes in the game.

Because it is a long read, some will decide to skip it so here are some things that might peak your interest and persuade you to give it a read after all:

You can timeout key shots to stay in the following missions to score some massive points:
- Death Star 4: You can time out each LL hurry-up to relight the ramps!
- Hoth 3 (R2-D2): Most know how this one works already.
- Endor 4: While difficult, you can time out the LL hurry-up and hold onto your multipliers for some major points.

The last shot in Endor 4 offers no points! (or does it?)

Death Start 1 should be saved for when you have a high multiplier. The points potential in this mission is huge! And there is something interesting in this mission that can make it easier to achieve a big score.

There is a way to hold onto the shot value you have built up in Tatooine 2 after the LL hurry-up expires!

Some shots in LSD are worth double points.

And finally, while I didn't mention this in the .pdf and for many this is already known, it's important to clarify how Planet High Scores are calculated for those that aren't sure:

The end of game Planet High Scores such as Death Star Champion, Hoth Champion, Tatooine Champion and Endor Champion are calculated on how many points you've made in ALL the missions in that planet, including that planet's mini-wizard mode. To be more specific: For the DS Champion for instance, it counts all the purple shots you made in all the missions, for Hoth it’s all the blue shots etc, it doesn't include things like the Hyperspace Hurry-Up shot which is potentially worth billions or TIE Fighter MB Jackpots etc. You also have to enter the mini-wizard mode for that planet for your score to be eligible. So if you make billions in Hoth 3 with R2-D2 but don't at least enter Hoth 4 then you will not be able to register a Hoth Champion Score.

Click on the image below to open the .pdf in a new window.

StarWarsScore105.pdfStarWarsScore105.pdf

#7636 4 years ago
Quoted from Hoochoo:

Below is a .pdf showing the maximum points on offer for all the missions and major modes in the game.
Because it is a long read, some will decide to skip it so here are some things that might peak your interest and persuade you to give it a read after all:
You can timeout key shots to stay in the following missions to score some massive points:
- Endor 4: While difficult, you can time out the LL hurry-up and hold onto your multipliers for some major points.
Death Start 1 should be saved for when you have a high multiplier. The points potential in this mission is huge! And there is something interesting in this mission that can make it easier to achieve a big score.
There is a way to hold onto the shot value you have built up in Tatooine 2 after the LL hurry-up expires!
And finally, while I didn't mention this in the .pdf and for many this is already known, it's important to clarify how Planet High Scores are calculated for those that aren't sure:
The end of game Planet High Scores such as Death Star Champion, Hoth Champion, Tatooine Champion and Endor Champion are calculated on how many points you've made in ALL the missions in that planet, including that planet's mini-wizard mode. To be more specific: For the DS Champion for instance, it counts all the purple shots you made in all the missions, for Hoth it’s all the blue shots etc, it doesn't include things like the Hyperspace Hurry-Up shot which is potentially worth billions or TIE Fighter MB Jackpots etc. You also have to enter the mini-wizard mode for that planet for your score to be eligible. So if you make billions in Hoth 3 with R2-D2 but don't at least enter Hoth 4 then you will not be able to register a Hoth Champion Score.
[quoted image]

I love this! Thanks for putting that together!
Someone make this a key post please

#7637 4 years ago

Fantastic work thanks a lot !

#7638 4 years ago
Quoted from Hoochoo:

[quoted image]

Wow! Thanks so much for sharing all the work you’ve put into this PDF SW game strategy layout. It is amazing! How long did it take you to compile this? Love this type of detailed understanding. It will make a great game code, even greater. Understanding of what we are doing is key to enjoying the game and the difference between fun and just flinging the ball all over the place. Not only worth the read, but study is worth it too. You’ve kicked up my interest in my SWLE exponentially. Big Thanks again!

#7639 4 years ago

Just got 1.124B in bonus. Love this game!

#7640 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

How long did it take you to compile this?

The graphs I did last year. I wanted to line up all the missions to see which ones fit best together when stacking, so I already had that. But everything else took a few weeks on and off.

I would have uploaded it much sooner but I kept finding new things. Take the Endor 4 mission. With the glass off, for the longest time I thought that you couldn't get the shot value higher than 1mil, that's because I thought it should have worked like the DS4 mission with each hit of the force targets I was expecting the value to increase, and it wasn't. Only when I was in a regular game (glass on) and went for an Add-a-Ball did I notice that the shot value had increased. When things like that happen you start doubting yourself and end up rechecking everything again, so that slowed down the process.

There was still a few more things I wanted to retest just to be sure but the recent reveal of the SW comic book art edition and seeing that they had uploaded new code: attract mode tutorial as shown in the picture in this link: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/new-stern-star-wars-art/page/3#post-5239638 got me thinking that I better finish this thing soon before it's obsolete.

#7641 4 years ago
Quoted from Hoochoo:

[quoted image]

Thank you so much for this! Now I love this game even more!

#7642 4 years ago

It's cool that the planet champ is for the whole planet, not just the end multiball. Now I'm using that guide to try amd figure out who cam wring the most points out of each one.

#7643 4 years ago

Hello thinking of joining the SW club, wanted to ask about how people think the code is currently?

I am debating these 4 pins, what has the best code?

DP
Iron Maiden
SW
JP

#7644 4 years ago

I would vote dp

#7645 4 years ago

Vote SW, although JP is coming along nicely.

#7646 4 years ago

Hey guys, just picked this game up a few days ago, how ever slight problem. My escape bar on the right outside near the bottom right seems to be malfunctioning. The bar will stay down even though escape is not lit and sometimes it doesn't go all the way down or is only halfway down. I attached a picture of of the piece.
star wars stern (resized).JPGstar wars stern (resized).JPG

#7647 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Hello thinking of joining the SW club, wanted to ask about how people think the code is currently?
I am debating these 4 pins, what has the best code?
DP
Iron Maiden
SW
JP

I dont know about Iron Maiden as I haven't play that much but I think SW is the hardest of the other 3. I think they are all great games and will be adding both a DP and JP to my lineup.

#7648 4 years ago
Quoted from deadghosty:

Hey guys, just picked this game up a few days ago, how ever slight problem. My escape bar on the right outside near the bottom right seems to be malfunctioning. The bar will stay down even though escape is not lit and sometimes it doesn't go all the way down or is only halfway down. I attached a picture of of the piece.
[quoted image]

Make sure the screw holding the gate in at the top is tight. Mine would come lose every now and then.

#7649 4 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

Make sure the screw holding the gate in at the top is tight. Mine would come lose every now and then.

Just checked it out and the screw up top is tight.

#7650 4 years ago
Quoted from deadghosty:

[quoted image]

Mine came from the factory like that, underneath the playfield, there is an adjustment hex bolt, just loosen it a slight amount with an allen wrench, lift the gate up a very slight amount on the top of the playfield and retighten the bolt. You may have to loosen and tighten a couple times to get the gate positioned correctly when closed (inline with the shooter lane).

Also, see this thread post

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/97#post-4432011

Inkedc06bda824fa0e81c55b22ea10b3fa9a14c87fda1_LI (resized).jpgInkedc06bda824fa0e81c55b22ea10b3fa9a14c87fda1_LI (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,062 posts in this topic. You are on page 153 of 302.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/153 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.