SW Topper 1 (resized).jpg
Screen Bezels (resized).jpg
IMG_3171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3170 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4042 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240411-000808 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,065 posts in this topic. You are on page 152 of 302.
#7551 4 years ago

I will take some video clips so you can see what I mean. I am not that great with terminology. It does it with the auto plunge, it will hit force targets and then go right out the side lane, it will hit a side bumper by the flipper and just go right out the side lane. Once again, I am a beginner, but the pro machines I have played at arcades don't see to do this, so I have to be missing something.

Just as an FYI, I loved pinball as a kid in the 80's and now finally have money as an adult to buy NIB machines. I am really just learning as I am going along here with this hobby. Started going to conventions, watching YouTube channels and such to gain knowledge.

#7552 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Star Wars: The Pin
Unboxing, Setup, & Gameplay

So this actually had underside playfield service rails and my pro has what looks like Popsicle sticks ? Seriously ???

#7553 4 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

So this actually had underside playfield service rails and my pro has what looks like Popsicle sticks ? Seriously ???

They switched to rails for all pro games released after Iron Maiden.

#7554 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Now I feel much better

#7555 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I wonder if KME had input on this since it was his game where this behavior changed? The pegs were one of the most awful, cheap ass, cost cutting designs ever seen in pinball.

Rob

#7556 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I wonder if KME had input on this since it was his game where this behavior changed? The pegs were one of the most awful, cheap ass, cost cutting designs ever seen in pinball.
Rob

You are right its all KME on that. mollyspub you can buy the rails from Pinball Life for $55.

#7557 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

You are right its all KME on that. mollyspub you can buy the rails from Pinball Life for $55.

I thought he said it was a coincidence that it was his game, and that they'd been planning to switch back before he arrived

#7558 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I thought he said it was a coincidence that it was his game, and that they'd been planning to switch back before he arrived

No, I believe it was the opposite. He said in an interview that he was pushing for it. Don't remember the podcast. Maybe H2H or Slam Tilt around the Iron Maiden launch timeframe?

#7559 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Thanks for the heads up but these should have come with the game from day one.
Along with a metal apron !

#7560 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I'm glad they did this. The pegs sucked. To me it makes sense to make all the games the same anyway. The more rails you buy, the cheaper they are. Just put them everywhere! I'm still glad they stuck with the latches instead of the levers for the lock bar. I like those a lot better now after having them for a while. And I also like the metal heads with the small bolts instead of the coffin locks a lot better.

#7561 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

And I also like the metal heads with the small bolts instead of the coffin locks a lot better.

They're nicer but I really worry what happens when those welded in threads go bad. I've seen two games now with damaged threads that had to be chased :/

#7562 4 years ago
Quoted from Mnluz:

I know the feeling
On the fist month I was almost giving up on it, and them took the time to do the necessary adjustments to make it enjoyable and if it did not work I would trade for something else. It is very sensitive to adjustments, much different them any other pin I every owned.
- Pitch to 6.5
- Bend the metal on the exit next to Right scoop to avoid STDM return
- Adjust the inner loop to reduce STDM
- Loose the tilt a bit
- when recently waxed I play with the coil adjustment on soft, them back to normal with a couple of says of playing.
- removed perfect play silicon on the flippers and added titan
It is a completely different pin right now, still Brutal but "enjoyable brutal" Got to 9 bi and it is my go to pin for a faster and shorter game.

How did you "adjust" the inner loop? My Premium goes SDTM too often shooting left inner loop and exiting right inner loop.

#7563 4 years ago

Does anybody have an idea what it might cost to buy Brand new Premium playfield?

What is the expected price range for modern Stern playfields?

#7564 4 years ago

Finally blew up the Death Star via the purple Destroy the Death Star route, granted I stacked an add a ball but immediately following victory multi ball had tie fighter multi kick in... Man talk about intense, I think at this time I was just shooting flipper/ball position for known shots and barely glancing up.. crazy fun

#7565 4 years ago

Does anyone else have this issue in Standard Adjustments? It goes from #5 standard adjustment being selectable, then jumps to #11? Cannot find standard adjustments #6, #7, #8, #9 and #10???

I wanted to adjust sling power, but it appears that adjustment is totally missing. Anyone else find this missing under S.P.I. Standard adjustment menu?

#7566 4 years ago

Picked up 2 series of Star Wars metallic cards at a estate sale. Thought Id give this a try.
image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#7567 4 years ago

Has anyone had the issue where during start of Tie Fighter multiball, it ejects two balls into the trough at once instead of one? Ideas as to what it could be?

#7568 4 years ago
Quoted from SpadeofAces18:

Has anyone had the issue where during start of Tie Fighter multiball, it ejects two balls into the trough at once instead of one? Ideas as to what it could be?

Does it still end up with the proper number of balls in play? I've had that in multiple multiballs.

#7569 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Does it still end up with the proper number of balls in play? I've had that in multiple multiballs.

Yes, it does. Just tried to launch two at once instead of sequentially.

#7570 4 years ago

Does anyone have descriptions of what each mode install does like Directors Cut, Add a ball, etc? There's nothing in the manual.

#7571 4 years ago

So with the topper being a complete joke, I’ve found myself looking for an alternative. I was at Disneyland last week and picked up two of the hand-build lightsabers from Star Wars land there. They’re awesome. I was hoping to use them as a topper. Has anyone tried this before?

I was especially hoping I could tie it into the power supply and have them turn on when the game is turned on.

Thoughts?

#7572 4 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

So with the topper being a complete joke, I’ve found myself looking for an alternative. I was at Disneyland last week and picked up two of the hand-build lightsabers from Star Wars land there. They’re awesome. I was hoping to use them as a topper. Has anyone tried this before?
I was especially hoping I could tie it into the power supply and have them turn on when the game is turned on.
Thoughts?

I too have thought about doing this. It would be a cool topper. I’ll keep lurking this thread hoping some innovative person forgives this out.

#7573 4 years ago

Will there be another code update? What happened to Midnight Madness?

#7574 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I too have thought about doing this. It would be a cool topper. I’ll keep lurking this thread hoping some innovative person forgives this out.

Hard to photograph, but here’s the idea. It’s much longer than it appears. Foreshortening.

That’s what she said...

369FCEAE-85AE-4609-8593-4083D4C390C2 (resized).jpeg369FCEAE-85AE-4609-8593-4083D4C390C2 (resized).jpeg
#7575 4 years ago

Does anyone have descriptions of what each mode install does like Directors Cut, Add a ball, etc? There's nothing in the manual.

Anyone?

#7576 4 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Hard to photograph, but here’s the idea. It’s much longer than it appears. Foreshortening.
That’s what she said...[quoted image]

Starbucks?

#7577 4 years ago

Oh yeah. Prizes for taking me off the leaderboard at a recent pinball night in the basement.

#7578 4 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Oh yeah. Prizes for taking me off the leaderboard at a recent pinball night in the basement.

Ha! I may have to try that with my kids! Great idea.

#7579 4 years ago

I don’t think those things mean much of anything nowadays. Vestiges of a bygone age.

Some older games the designer changed the rules to their liking for “Directors Cut”.

If it does anything, add a ball will add another ball to your game, like a extra ball, when determined scores or special is achieved.

#7580 4 years ago

Check the readme for the code updates. The installs drive a bunch of settings so you will have to see what the changes from factory are by going through the settings. Should not take long since the changed settings will be marked as changed. This is the only mention in the current readme:

Added overrides to the HOME and DIRECTORS CUT INSTALL options:
- PLAY MUSIC IN ATTRACT MODE - YES
- PLAY AUDIO IN ATTRACT CLIPS - YES
- FLIPPERS END BONUS SOUNDS - NO
- FREE PLAY - YES
- HSTD INITIALS - 10 LETTER NAME

#7581 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

Check the readme for the code updates. The installs drive a bunch of settings so you will have to see what the changes from factory are by going through the settings. Should not take long since the changed settings will be marked as changed. This is the only mention in the current readme:
Added overrides to the HOME and DIRECTORS CUT INSTALL options:
- PLAY MUSIC IN ATTRACT MODE - YES
- PLAY AUDIO IN ATTRACT CLIPS - YES
- FLIPPERS END BONUS SOUNDS - NO
- FREE PLAY - YES
- HSTD INITIALS - 10 LETTER NAME

Thanks--that's all I could find, too.

#7582 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I don’t think those things mean much of anything nowadays. Vestiges of a bygone age.
Some older games the designer changed the rules to their liking for “Directors Cut”.
If it does anything, add a ball will add another ball to your game, like a extra ball, when determined scores or special is achieved.

Thanks

#7583 4 years ago

I’m looking to leave the club to get a new/different game. Anyone looking for a nicely modded pro? NYC suburbs.

#7584 4 years ago

Thanks--that's all I could find, too.

It's easy enough to see what they do by flipping through the adjustments menu after installing. I am curious now myself

1 week later
#7585 4 years ago

Is their a setting to turn off or turn down the multiplier thunk sound? I know I can do it in pinball browser but was wondering if it was a setting I could change.

#7586 4 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

I discussed this with Steve Ritche as one of my main concerns with the design. That shot is designed to come to the right flipper. The problem is often the following:
The Orbit lane guide gets hit from below frequently when missing the JEDI target placed at its end. That flattens the face of it and bends metal outwards, creating a burr. This little burr sticks out and bumps the ball coming from the orbit forcing it towards the left.
I thought he was shitting me, because it is such a SMALL thing. I couldn't believe this could actually have an impact. but it does.
How to solve:
Take off the glass and listen carefully for a "click" as the ball rolls past the end of the guide. Also run your fingernail along the place to feel for the burr. its ridiculously MINOR. Remove it with a file - it's not supposed to be there. Probem solved.

I just filed down my burr, and wow. What a huge difference it makes. Thank you for sharing this. I am playing the game twice as much now! So much more fun when the ball isn't travelling to the tip of the right flipper for a reflex save shot...

#7587 4 years ago

I now have this game since 3 months and I keep playing it.

No mode stacking (only after defeating the emperor)
3 hyper space hurry ups for mb
50 tie fighters for multiball
Outlanes open, 3balls, one extra

The fun thing is, that though theme doesn't interest me a lot, but the shot/mode variation and music is just so great.
And shooting billion shots on the hyper space hurry ups feels just so so great.

I still don't get the second part of hyper space hurry up multiball. make all the shots? Or is there more to it?

#7588 4 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

I still don't get the second part of hyper space hurry up multiball. make all the shots? Or is there more to it?

Not much more to it really. All six major shots light up yellow and it works similar to victory MB, keep shooting them until the mode ends. The shot value is shown on the mini-display along with the parsecs traveled.

Side note: I've been recording my games and taking heaps of notes to give an in-depth look into the scoring for each mission and major modes in the game. I'm about 95% done, hopefully in the next few days I'll post it in this thread. By the looks of it most modes have fairly intuitive scoring rules but there are a few missions that have surprised me with their depth and overall points potential... scary but in a good way.

#7589 4 years ago
Quoted from Hoochoo:

Not much more to it really. All six major shots light up yellow and it works similar to victory MB, keep shooting them until the mode ends. The shot value is shown on the mini-display along with the parsecs traveled.
Side note: I've been recording my games and taking heaps of notes to give an in-depth look into the scoring for each mission and major modes in the game. I'm about 95% done, hopefully in the next few days I'll post it in this thread. By the looks of it most modes have fairly intuitive scoring rules but there are a few missions that have surprised me with their depth and overall points potential... scary but in a good way.

Doesn't it go back to the hurry up at some point?

#7590 4 years ago

I haven't noticed it transitioning back in to the hyperspace hurry-up shot during that part of the MB, no. The first phase is all about shooting more balls into the LL but the very last phase of HS MB is the lighting of the six major shots, just like Victory MB.

If you go down to one ball, maybe then it might relight the HS activation shots if you have activated the bottom set of rebel lanes four times, but not during the MB. You never know though, I can't tell you the amount of times I thought I had a mode or mission figured out only to find out that at best I was just scratching the surface... this code is deep.

#7591 4 years ago

Left the club, but boy I did it in style. On my last game I had 15B points and beat the Emperor!

And no mode stacking!

#7592 4 years ago

I just updated my SW Premium to the latest code. I'm noticing changes like the video mode is set, but when the ball goes into it the video mode doesn't start. Or hyperspace get's ready after going over the yellow orbit, but the ramp that normally goes up under the death start does not go up. Is this part of the new code or are there setting changes I need to do?

#7593 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Left the club, but boy I did it in style. On my last game I had 15B points and beat the Emperor!
And no mode stacking!

Nice....same thing happened to me. Last game before I sold it was my first time getting to the Emperor. I didn't defeat him, but it was close. Of course, I unexpectedly missed it more than any other game I have sold, and luckily bought it back six months later. Since then I have gotten back to the Emperor only once, but this time I beat him. Great game...and for those of us who click with it, it really gets under your skin. I really thought I had enough of it, and was frustrated by it's unfortunate quirks. But man...I missed that game almost instantly and it left a hole in the collection. I had to have it back. I hope you do not end up regretting letting it go!

#7594 4 years ago
Quoted from TrueJedi:

I just updated my SW Premium to the latest code. I'm noticing changes like the video mode is set, but when the ball goes into it the video mode doesn't start. Or hyperspace get's ready after going over the yellow orbit, but the ramp that normally goes up under the death start does not go up. Is this part of the new code or are there setting changes I need to do?

I would reinstall the code. Did you install the pro version by mistake?
Just asking because the pro may use different switches for the video mode lock and it doesn’t have a ramp to raise so that wouldn’t be coded in

#7595 4 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

I would reinstall the code. Did you install the pro version by mistake?
Just asking because the pro may use different switches for the video mode lock and it doesn’t have a ramp to raise so that wouldn’t be coded in

Hmm, maybe that's it. Maybe I downloaded the incorrect code. Thanks.

#7598 4 years ago

Wow, I dig the comic book style art.

#7599 4 years ago

I think I like the new pro art more than the premium. I'm defintely digging the pro translite more.

#7600 4 years ago

Is Stern going to produce these new art versions of the game, or is this just a concept thing?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Portland, OR
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,065 posts in this topic. You are on page 152 of 302.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/152?hl=jlatko and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.