• Pro 120 votes
    27%
  • Premium 178 votes
    40%
  • LE 146 votes
    33%

(444 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,100 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

369FCEAE-85AE-4609-8593-4083D4C390C2 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
pasted_image (resized).png
20190825_003914 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20190824-204947_Photos (resized).jpg
20190824_125504 (resized).jpg
20190824_113000 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190823_203830138 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190823_203807350 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190823_203452968 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190823_203525789_HDR (resized).jpg
20190818_193815 (resized).jpg
20190818_193823 (resized).jpg
0C1B0CE1-4FCD-4F86-A0C7-9774907CF71B (resized).jpeg
20190816_184733 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 7584 posts in this topic. You are on page 152 of 152.
#7551 16 days ago

I will take some video clips so you can see what I mean. I am not that great with terminology. It does it with the auto plunge, it will hit force targets and then go right out the side lane, it will hit a side bumper by the flipper and just go right out the side lane. Once again, I am a beginner, but the pro machines I have played at arcades don't see to do this, so I have to be missing something.

Just as an FYI, I loved pinball as a kid in the 80's and now finally have money as an adult to buy NIB machines. I am really just learning as I am going along here with this hobby. Started going to conventions, watching YouTube channels and such to gain knowledge.

#7552 16 days ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Star Wars: The Pin
Unboxing, Setup, & Gameplay

So this actually had underside playfield service rails and my pro has what looks like Popsicle sticks ? Seriously ???

#7553 16 days ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

So this actually had underside playfield service rails and my pro has what looks like Popsicle sticks ? Seriously ???

They switched to rails for all pro games released after Iron Maiden.

#7554 16 days ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Now I feel much better

#7555 16 days ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I wonder if KME had input on this since it was his game where this behavior changed? The pegs were one of the most awful, cheap ass, cost cutting designs ever seen in pinball.

Rob

#7556 15 days ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I wonder if KME had input on this since it was his game where this behavior changed? The pegs were one of the most awful, cheap ass, cost cutting designs ever seen in pinball.
Rob

You are right its all KME on that. mollyspub you can buy the rails from Pinball Life for $55.

#7557 15 days ago
Quoted from kermit24:

You are right its all KME on that. mollyspub you can buy the rails from Pinball Life for $55.

I thought he said it was a coincidence that it was his game, and that they'd been planning to switch back before he arrived

#7558 15 days ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I thought he said it was a coincidence that it was his game, and that they'd been planning to switch back before he arrived

No, I believe it was the opposite. He said in an interview that he was pushing for it. Don't remember the podcast. Maybe H2H or Slam Tilt around the Iron Maiden launch timeframe?

#7559 15 days ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Thanks for the heads up but these should have come with the game from day one.
Along with a metal apron !

#7560 15 days ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I'm glad they did this. The pegs sucked. To me it makes sense to make all the games the same anyway. The more rails you buy, the cheaper they are. Just put them everywhere! I'm still glad they stuck with the latches instead of the levers for the lock bar. I like those a lot better now after having them for a while. And I also like the metal heads with the small bolts instead of the coffin locks a lot better.

#7561 15 days ago
Quoted from John_I:

And I also like the metal heads with the small bolts instead of the coffin locks a lot better.

They're nicer but I really worry what happens when those welded in threads go bad. I've seen two games now with damaged threads that had to be chased :/

#7562 12 days ago
Quoted from Mnluz:

I know the feeling
On the fist month I was almost giving up on it, and them took the time to do the necessary adjustments to make it enjoyable and if it did not work I would trade for something else. It is very sensitive to adjustments, much different them any other pin I every owned.
- Pitch to 6.5
- Bend the metal on the exit next to Right scoop to avoid STDM return
- Adjust the inner loop to reduce STDM
- Loose the tilt a bit
- when recently waxed I play with the coil adjustment on soft, them back to normal with a couple of says of playing.
- removed perfect play silicon on the flippers and added titan
It is a completely different pin right now, still Brutal but "enjoyable brutal" Got to 9 bi and it is my go to pin for a faster and shorter game.

How did you "adjust" the inner loop? My Premium goes SDTM too often shooting left inner loop and exiting right inner loop.

#7563 12 days ago

Does anybody have an idea what it might cost to buy Brand new Premium playfield?

What is the expected price range for modern Stern playfields?

#7564 8 days ago

Finally blew up the Death Star via the purple Destroy the Death Star route, granted I stacked an add a ball but immediately following victory multi ball had tie fighter multi kick in... Man talk about intense, I think at this time I was just shooting flipper/ball position for known shots and barely glancing up.. crazy fun

#7565 4 days ago

Does anyone else have this issue in Standard Adjustments? It goes from #5 standard adjustment being selectable, then jumps to #11? Cannot find standard adjustments #6, #7, #8, #9 and #10???

I wanted to adjust sling power, but it appears that adjustment is totally missing. Anyone else find this missing under S.P.I. Standard adjustment menu?

#7566 4 days ago

Picked up 2 series of Star Wars metallic cards at a estate sale. Thought Id give this a try.
image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#7567 4 days ago

Has anyone had the issue where during start of Tie Fighter multiball, it ejects two balls into the trough at once instead of one? Ideas as to what it could be?

#7568 4 days ago
Quoted from SpadeofAces18:

Has anyone had the issue where during start of Tie Fighter multiball, it ejects two balls into the trough at once instead of one? Ideas as to what it could be?

Does it still end up with the proper number of balls in play? I've had that in multiple multiballs.

#7569 4 days ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Does it still end up with the proper number of balls in play? I've had that in multiple multiballs.

Yes, it does. Just tried to launch two at once instead of sequentially.

#7570 4 days ago

Does anyone have descriptions of what each mode install does like Directors Cut, Add a ball, etc? There's nothing in the manual.

#7571 3 days ago

So with the topper being a complete joke, I’ve found myself looking for an alternative. I was at Disneyland last week and picked up two of the hand-build lightsabers from Star Wars land there. They’re awesome. I was hoping to use them as a topper. Has anyone tried this before?

I was especially hoping I could tie it into the power supply and have them turn on when the game is turned on.

Thoughts?

#7572 3 days ago
Quoted from paynemic:

So with the topper being a complete joke, I’ve found myself looking for an alternative. I was at Disneyland last week and picked up two of the hand-build lightsabers from Star Wars land there. They’re awesome. I was hoping to use them as a topper. Has anyone tried this before?
I was especially hoping I could tie it into the power supply and have them turn on when the game is turned on.
Thoughts?

I too have thought about doing this. It would be a cool topper. I’ll keep lurking this thread hoping some innovative person forgives this out.

#7573 3 days ago

Will there be another code update? What happened to Midnight Madness?

#7574 3 days ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I too have thought about doing this. It would be a cool topper. I’ll keep lurking this thread hoping some innovative person forgives this out.

Hard to photograph, but here’s the idea. It’s much longer than it appears. Foreshortening.

That’s what she said...

369FCEAE-85AE-4609-8593-4083D4C390C2 (resized).jpeg
#7575 3 days ago

Does anyone have descriptions of what each mode install does like Directors Cut, Add a ball, etc? There's nothing in the manual.

Anyone?

#7576 3 days ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Hard to photograph, but here’s the idea. It’s much longer than it appears. Foreshortening.
That’s what she said...[quoted image]

Starbucks?

#7577 3 days ago

Oh yeah. Prizes for taking me off the leaderboard at a recent pinball night in the basement.

#7578 3 days ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Oh yeah. Prizes for taking me off the leaderboard at a recent pinball night in the basement.

Ha! I may have to try that with my kids! Great idea.

#7579 3 days ago

I don’t think those things mean much of anything nowadays. Vestiges of a bygone age.

Some older games the designer changed the rules to their liking for “Directors Cut”.

If it does anything, add a ball will add another ball to your game, like a extra ball, when determined scores or special is achieved.

#7580 3 days ago

Check the readme for the code updates. The installs drive a bunch of settings so you will have to see what the changes from factory are by going through the settings. Should not take long since the changed settings will be marked as changed. This is the only mention in the current readme:

Added overrides to the HOME and DIRECTORS CUT INSTALL options:
- PLAY MUSIC IN ATTRACT MODE - YES
- PLAY AUDIO IN ATTRACT CLIPS - YES
- FLIPPERS END BONUS SOUNDS - NO
- FREE PLAY - YES
- HSTD INITIALS - 10 LETTER NAME

#7581 1 day ago
Quoted from tpir:

Check the readme for the code updates. The installs drive a bunch of settings so you will have to see what the changes from factory are by going through the settings. Should not take long since the changed settings will be marked as changed. This is the only mention in the current readme:
Added overrides to the HOME and DIRECTORS CUT INSTALL options:
- PLAY MUSIC IN ATTRACT MODE - YES
- PLAY AUDIO IN ATTRACT CLIPS - YES
- FLIPPERS END BONUS SOUNDS - NO
- FREE PLAY - YES
- HSTD INITIALS - 10 LETTER NAME

Thanks--that's all I could find, too.

#7582 1 day ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

I don’t think those things mean much of anything nowadays. Vestiges of a bygone age.
Some older games the designer changed the rules to their liking for “Directors Cut”.
If it does anything, add a ball will add another ball to your game, like a extra ball, when determined scores or special is achieved.

Thanks

#7583 1 day ago

I’m looking to leave the club to get a new/different game. Anyone looking for a nicely modded pro? NYC suburbs.

#7584 23 hours ago

Thanks--that's all I could find, too.

It's easy enough to see what they do by flipping through the adjustments menu after installing. I am curious now myself

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 96.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
There are 7584 posts in this topic. You are on page 152 of 152.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside