SW Topper 1 (resized).jpg
Screen Bezels (resized).jpg
IMG_3171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3170 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4042 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240411-000808 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,065 posts in this topic. You are on page 151 of 302.
#7501 4 years ago

I finally was able to get my light saber side rails back lit. The color is not perfect but I think they look awesome now.

20190818_193815 (resized).jpg20190818_193815 (resized).jpg20190818_193823 (resized).jpg20190818_193823 (resized).jpg
#7502 4 years ago

Was going through the setting menu and noticed setting for changing the difficulty for bobba fett and I believe another mode. What does this actually do? Makes the mode longer or shorter?
There was also another where it asks if you want the game on easy, med, hard etc. how will this change play or current changes in settings by the owner?

#7503 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I finally was able to get my light saber side rails back lit. The color is not perfect but I think they look awesome now.[quoted image][quoted image]

Ok...that is pretty cool. Thought I was done modding out my SW, guess I was wrong. Lol. So did you cut that out yourself?

#7504 4 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

Ok...that is pretty cool. Thought I was done modding out my SW, guess I was wrong. Lol. So did you cut that out yourself?

The rails are obviously the Stern official mod:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1092-great-american-pinball/02061-star-wars-side-armor-official-stern

I was able to get Hooked on Pinball to sell me the lighting kit. This was not a ready to go kit like with the LE. I had to do some custom cutting to leave the original backing behind the saber handle and just have the lit portion on the saber part itself. I also bought some theater gel material in red and blue to add the color and carefully cut and taped it over the EL panel to tint the light. One other key thing that is needed regardless of whether you backlight is to highlight the saber handles with a white paint pen so they stand out better. As they come from Stern, these side rails are basically a fail. With a little work they look awesome as heck. Here is the post with before and after on the white paint pen mod:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/81#post-4321453

#7505 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

The rails are obviously the Stern official mod:
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1092-great-american-pinball/02061-star-wars-side-armor-official-stern
I was able to get Hooked on Pinball to sell me the lighting kit. This was not a ready to go kit like with the LE. I had to do some custom cutting to leave the original backing behind the saber handle and just have the lit portion on the saber part itself. I also bought some theater gel material in red and blue to add the color and carefully cut and taped it over the EL panel to tint the light. One other key thing that is needed regardless of whether you backlight is to highlight the saber handles with a white paint pen so they stand out better. As they come from Stern, these side rails are basically a fail. With a little work they look awesome as heck. Here is the post with before and after on the white paint pen mod:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/81#post-4321453

Ah so is the blade not cut out and the EL paper in on top?

#7506 4 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

Ah so is the blade not cut out and the EL paper in on top?

No it's all laser cut. Replaced the original white backing on the blade portion with EL

#7507 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

No it's all laser cut. Replaced the original white backing on the blade portion with EL

Ah, didn’t realize the stock one had a cutout. A set is magically on the way.

#7508 4 years ago

Ugh, after seeing all these threads about pooling clearcoat around the slings I checked all of my tables... my Star Wars premium is the only one that has the issue, and it doesn't look major yet, but it definitely exists

#7509 4 years ago

Looks like there is actually some chipping already as well at the Jedi target to the left of the Tatooine/Mystery scoop

Not even sure what can be done about this. I bought the machine NIB a few months ago. Guess I have to reach out to distro first.

Will post pics if anyone cares to share in my misery.

#7510 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

Looks like there is actually some chipping already as well at the Jedi target to the left of the Tatooine/Mystery scoop
Not even sure what can be done about this. I bought the machine NIB a few months ago. Guess I have to reach out to distro first.
Will post pics if anyone cares to share in my misery.

What’s the build date?

#7511 4 years ago

Pics of clear bunching under the bottom sling posts:
IMG_20190823_203452968 (resized).jpgIMG_20190823_203452968 (resized).jpgIMG_20190823_203525789_HDR (resized).jpgIMG_20190823_203525789_HDR (resized).jpg

#7512 4 years ago

Somewhat harder to see but the clear is peeling up at the bottom of the right orbit guide:

IMG_20190823_203807350 (resized).jpgIMG_20190823_203807350 (resized).jpgIMG_20190823_203830138 (resized).jpgIMG_20190823_203830138 (resized).jpg
#7513 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Sorry for this. Contact Chas...that said. I’m not sure what Stern will do. A new populated playfield would be nice, but haven’t heard of that since the Metallica replacement program. If your stuck with it...enjoy the sh!t out of it...it’s a great game, and the more you play it, the more worn/imperfections there will be...so just enjoy.

#7514 4 years ago

I don't mind putting washers down under the slings but I am concerned about the peeling clearcoat at the orbit.

Not sure how I contact Chas. I don't want to annoy Stern either by trying to contact them directly :/ Is it OK to contact him or should I work through my distributor?

#7515 4 years ago

Seems like an odd couple of last numbers for a pinball score...?

20190824_113000 (resized).jpg20190824_113000 (resized).jpg
#7516 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

I don't mind putting washers down under the slings but I am concerned about the peeling clearcoat at the orbit.
Not sure how I contact Chas. I don't want to annoy Stern either by trying to contact them directly :/ Is it OK to contact him or should I work through my distributor?

At the orbit, that doesn't look like a clear issue, it looks like the ball guide had been impacted and is shifting, therefore scratching the playfield. Make sure the ball guide is tight. There should be nuts under the playfield. As for the slings, that seems pretty minimal compared to some of the newer issues, assuming it doesn't get larger or chip.

#7517 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

At the orbit, that doesn't look like a clear issue, it looks like the ball guide had been impacted and is shifting, therefore scratching the playfield. Make sure the ball guide is tight. There should be nuts under the playfield. As for the slings, that seems pretty minimal compared to some of the newer issues, assuming it doesn't get larger or chip.

I think the ball guide might have been overly tightened. It appears to be digging into the clear but does not shift around or move at all.

#7518 4 years ago

As a huge Star Wars geek I bought a NIB premium a couple of weeks ago, leveled it, set it to the proper pitch and was amazed how fast it was. I ordered the Blitz wax from pinball life and holy hell it is about 4 x faster. It took a fast game and made it like flying through hyperspace, but the shots are so much smoother now. Highly recommend it to anyone owning this game.

Thanks to everyone on this thread for all the tips tricks and rules.

On another not can anyone point me to an Armada Imperial Class Star Destroyer so I can mount it on the playing field and can't find one anywhere.

#7519 4 years ago

Yeah, I looked around a bit and the usual sources are sold out. Glad I got mine.

#7520 4 years ago
Quoted from theant:

On another not can anyone point me to an Armada Imperial Class Star Destroyer so I can mount it on the playing field and can't find one anywhere.

There is a lit one here..

https://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p117/Star-Wars-Star-Destroyer-Ship-Add-On-Pinball-Mod.html

luckily mine came with the game I bought....

#7521 4 years ago

That looks pretty good but a bit pricey. Anyone have it?

#7522 4 years ago

Anyone else have a problem with the ball getting stuck here when exiting the hyperspace loop...?
Seems to happen quite a bit

20190824_125504 (resized).jpg20190824_125504 (resized).jpg
#7523 4 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

I have it and it's an awesome mod and perfect scale
Screenshot_20190824-204947_Photos (resized).jpgScreenshot_20190824-204947_Photos (resized).jpg

#7524 4 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Used to be able to buy the "Star Wars: Armada - Imperial Class Star Destroyer" on Amazon for $40 and mount it yourself. Its not lighted but looks great none the less.

20190825_003914 (resized).jpg20190825_003914 (resized).jpg
#7525 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Contact Stern, they reportedly just started replacing Beatles PF’s for similar issue.

#7526 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:Used to be able to buy the "Star Wars: Armada - Imperial Class Star Destroyer" on Amazon for $40 and mount it yourself. Its not lighted but looks great none the less.[quoted image]

Lightedpinballmods.com has the lighted one on sales for $70. Have on my machine and it looks great with the light diffused throughout the whole ship.

https://lightedpinballmods.com/product/playfield-mods/star-wars-sw-pinball-machine-star-destroyer-led-mod-stern/

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#7527 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

No its a clear issue, had the same on mine , bunching up on every mount point of the guiderail posts, and other places. When one chipped of I asked my distributor what to do, I sent pics and at the time he was informed “ not bad enough , live with it or get a new pf out and fix it .

#7528 4 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

Lightedpinballmods.com has the lighted one on sales for $70. Have on my machine and it looks great with the light diffused throughout the whole ship.
https://lightedpinballmods.com/product/playfield-mods/star-wars-sw-pinball-machine-star-destroyer-led-mod-stern/[quoted image]

I would take a serious look at that one before I plunk down my money. I have seen one in person that looked terrible.

#7529 4 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

I would take a serious look at that one before I plunk down my money. I have seen one in person that looked terrible.

The armada version is the way to go for a star destroyer, way more detail.

I bought one of these as well and it was a hunk of shit.

#7530 4 years ago
Quoted from theant:

As a huge Star Wars geek I bought a NIB premium a couple of weeks ago, leveled it, set it to the proper pitch and was amazed how fast it was. I ordered the Blitz wax from pinball life and holy hell it is about 4 x faster. It took a fast game and made it like flying through hyperspace, but the shots are so much smoother now. Highly recommend it to anyone owning this game.

This is important to remember. I bought a pro off route, and couldn't backhand Death Star or right ramp. After thorough cleaning (Novus 1 and Novus 2) and waxing with Blitz, the game was much faster, but I could now backhand those shots.

I loved the game so much, I sold my Pro and bought a very lightly used LE. The Death Star shot is much harder, but I also note that I get quite a few shots that get most of the way up the Death Star ramp, and the ball comes back down. This I attribute to lack of wax, and plan to clean and lightly wax soon.

IMO, make sure you lightly wax the ramps, habitrails, and guides also, whether plastic or metal.

#7531 4 years ago

Wax the habitrails?

#7532 4 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

No its a clear issue, had the same on mine , bunching up on every mount point of the guiderail posts, and other places. When one chipped of I asked my distributor what to do, I sent pics and at the time he was informed “ not bad enough , live with it or get a new pf out and fix it .

I have a ticket opened with Stern through my distributor, but am expecting the same thing.

Trying to be reasonable since I know none of this is under warranty and my issue isn't severe yet. I need a way to fix the clear peeling though because it is going to get progressively worse.

#7533 4 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Wax the habitrails?

Well, I wiped parts that I could reach with the clean rag that I last used to buff off the playfield, then wiped habitrails down one more time with another clean rag. That may not be absoulutely necessary, but I definitely wax the ramps.

Always room for different pinions and ways of doing things, of course.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-you-guys-waxing-everything
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/are-you-guys-waxing-everything#post-4169628

#7534 4 years ago

I have a Star Wars pro and looking for advice on where to go from here. My game stopped playing in the middle of a game and an error message of node board 8 not recognized. Also lighting on the bottom half of the playfield now does not work. Lifted the playfield and went through and checked for loose connections. The only node board not recognized is 8 the others when the diagnosis was run. First issue I have had with either of my Stern games, suggestions?

#7535 4 years ago
Quoted from phantasmo:

Seems like an odd couple of last numbers for a pinball score...?[quoted image]

How do u get 6 points lol

#7536 4 years ago

Finally put a real physical knocker in my SW Prem. Had to play a few games before I got a replay. It is much better than the screech!

#7537 4 years ago

Star Wars: The Pin
Unboxing, Setup, & Gameplay

#7538 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Star Wars: The Pin
Unboxing, Setup, & Gameplay

Looks better than I was expecting. Simple, but looks well made with the metal ramps and new speaker panel. Even the dots are nice. As a supporter of Project Pinball charity, I'm hoping a lot of these make it into Children's hospitals. This is a perfect game for that purpose.

#7539 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Looks better than I was expecting. Simple, but looks well made with the metal ramps and new speaker panel. Even the dots are nice. As a supporter of Project Pinball charity, I'm hoping a lot of these make it into Children's hospitals. This is a perfect game for that purpose.

The cabinet speaker is an upgrade? There's a spot for one, but nothing there.

Rob

#7540 4 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The cabinet speaker is an upgrade? There's a spot for one, but nothing there.
Rob

Sorry, I meant the backbox. Previously the speaker was where the "coindoor" is now.

#7541 4 years ago

Nice tiny screen.

#7542 4 years ago

Pro question. I must be missing something. I’m trying to figure out what the deal is with my settings and I just don’t get the game. I can shoot the ball and not even get a chance to use the flippers before it goes down the middle or out the lanes all on its own.

I know I’m a mediocre player but have several nib pins and this the only pin I have that will always go out the sides or straight down the middle right after a shot or hitting a bumper. I have tried 6 and 7 degree angles and it’s perfectly level.

Is this normal and I just really suck at the game?

#7543 4 years ago
Quoted from Kmoirkne:

Pro question. I must be missing something. I’m trying to figure out what the deal is with my settings and I just don’t get the game. I can shoot the ball and not even get a chance to use the flippers before it goes down the middle or out the lanes all on its own.
I know I’m a mediocre player but have several nib pins and this the only pin I have that will always go out the sides or straight down the middle right after a shot or hitting a bumper. I have tried 6 and 7 degree angles and it’s perfectly level.

It’s a common adjustment that at times needs to be made. For an easy fix, I’d try to see if the game has a power adjustment on that coil or flipper. If not, the try bending the exit of the plunger lane a hair left or right.

#7544 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I will say, it shoots the part. The play feels like a commercial pinball machine with a damn good layout.

#7545 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Is it weird that I want that pin in addition to my premium? I think I have a problem. Looks fun though.

#7546 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

It’s a common adjustment that at times needs to be made. For an easy fix, I’d try to see if the game has a power adjustment on that coil or flipper. If not, the try bending the exit of the plunger lane a hair left or right.How would I check that?

#7547 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:I will say, it shoots the part. The play feels like a commercial pinball machine with a damn good layout.

Aside from everything else, my main criticism is I think the display size is just too small.

Rob

#7548 4 years ago

Contact your distributor for a walkthrough. If you don’t have any luck with that, contact me at Flip N Out Pinball.

#7549 4 years ago
Quoted from Kmoirkne:

Where does the ball hit? Does it do the same if you auto plunge? I always short plunge when possible, it'd a good skill to practice

#7550 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Contact your distributor for a walkthrough. If you don’t have any luck with that, contact me at Flip N Out Pinball.

If this walkthrough is useful and more to that different from "how to adjust the lane guide", it would very much like to know about this as well. Can it be written in brief?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
There are 15,065 posts in this topic. You are on page 151 of 302.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/151?hl=phantasmo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.