20230222_084649 (resized).jpg
20230222_085316 (resized).jpg
20230222_084653 (resized).jpg
20230222_084538 (resized).jpg
20230222_084535 (resized).jpg
20230222_084134 (resized).jpg
20230222_084126 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 14,971 posts in this topic. You are on page 150 of 300.
#7451 4 years ago
Quoted from pudealee:

Posting again about playfield LCD screen issues. Still having issues with my mini LCD screen booting up all white. I've tried replacing the cat-5 cable with another one. That seems to work for a while, but occasionally (more often than not) I still get the white screen. I've found if I manually hold in the cables on the node board while I boot, it will boot up correctly. But it's a pain to have to lift the PF all the time.
There may be an issue with the cable socket. Not really sure. I've notified Stern about this and I've never received any good response on possible resolution. If the board that the screen plugs into is bad, any ideas on replacement costs? Any other suggestions? Does anybody have any suggestions on a "premium cable" or a cable with some sort of upgraded connectors?
Very frustrated. It makes me want to leave the game turned on all of the time (which can't be great for the game).
[quoted image]

Sorry you are having troubles with this!

From you description, sounds like a loose housing on the node board. Can you see if the black plastic housing where the cable plugs in is loose or cracked?

Any way to wrap a zip tie (or ties) around the board and connector to hold the cable snuggly in place?

#7452 4 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Any way to wrap a zip tie

Thanks. I’ll check all your suggestions!

#7453 4 years ago

Responded in the other thread.

#7454 4 years ago

Quick question. When I hit a full left orbit shot and the ball goes all the way around and out the right side, the ball barely can hit my left flipper and is very close to going down the middle. Does anyone else find this happens? I would think it should hit more solidly on the left flipper. Any fixes?

#7455 4 years ago
Quoted from goldmaes:

Quick question. When I hit a full left orbit shot and the ball goes all the way around and out the right side, the ball barely can hit my left flipper and is very close to going down the middle. Does anyone else find this happens? I would think it should hit more solidly on the left flipper. Any fixes?

If it's coming down the right orbit it should hit the right flipper. Mine even hits the top of the right sling sometimes

#7456 4 years ago
Quoted from goldmaes:

Does anyone else find this happens?

I discussed this with Steve Ritche as one of my main concerns with the design. That shot is designed to come to the right flipper. The problem is often the following:

The Orbit lane guide gets hit from below frequently when missing the JEDI target placed at its end. That flattens the face of it and bends metal outwards, creating a burr. This little burr sticks out and bumps the ball coming from the orbit forcing it towards the left.

I thought he was shitting me, because it is such a SMALL thing. I couldn't believe this could actually have an impact. but it does.

How to solve:
Take off the glass and listen carefully for a "click" as the ball rolls past the end of the guide. Also run your fingernail along the place to feel for the burr. its ridiculously MINOR. Remove it with a file - it's not supposed to be there. Probem solved.

#7457 4 years ago

Has anyone put cliffys on the switch slots under the ball drops? I’m thinking of doing an order and thought they might be worth getting but not sure if it’s overkill?

#7458 4 years ago
Quoted from Jazzbouche:

Has anyone put cliffys on the switch slots under the ball drops

I did. Can't hurt.

#7459 4 years ago
Quoted from Jazzbouche:

Has anyone put cliffys on the switch slots under the ball drops? I’m thinking of doing an order and thought they might be worth getting but not sure if it’s overkill?

I did. I was starting to see some cracking of the clear where the ball landed

#7460 4 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

I discussed this with Steve Ritche as one of my main concerns with the design. That shot is designed to come to the right flipper. The problem is often the following:
The Orbit lane guide gets hit from below frequently when missing the JEDI target placed at its end. That flattens the face of it and bends metal outwards, creating a burr. This little burr sticks out and bumps the ball coming from the orbit forcing it towards the left.
I thought he was shitting me, because it is such a SMALL thing. I couldn't believe this could actually have an impact. but it does.
How to solve:
Take off the glass and listen carefully for a "click" as the ball rolls past the end of the guide. Also run your fingernail along the place to feel for the burr. its ridiculously MINOR. Remove it with a file - it's not supposed to be there. Probem solved.

Thanks so much. I'll give it a shot this weekend!

#7461 4 years ago
Quoted from goldmaes:

Thanks so much. I'll give it a shot this weekend!

Let me know if this was the issue for you as well, after you get around to it

#7462 4 years ago

May have come across a bug, not sure:

When not in any mode (or mode - doesn't seem to matter), get the Mystery R2-D2 award from the scoop...one of the options awarded is Light Hyperspace Hurry Up..

Results after ball is ejected:

The fork ramp rises, but no Hyperspace is cued and hitting the fork ramp through the Death Star doesn't trigger an orbit hyperspace...

I could be wrong about this but I'll try to capture it on video...just wondered if anyone else out there has encountered this or if it is a known bug

#7463 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

May have come across a bug, not sure:
When not in any mode (or mode - doesn't seem to matter), get the Mystery R2-D2 award from the scoop...one of the options awarded is Light Hyperspace Hurry Up..
Results after ball is ejected:
The fork ramp rises, but no Hyperspace is cued and hitting the fork ramp through the Death Star doesn't trigger an orbit hyperspace...
I could be wrong about this but I'll try to capture it on video...just wondered if anyone else out there has encountered this or if it is a known bug

I thought that award just lit the yellow arrows

#7464 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I thought that award just lit the yellow arrows

Ah you're correct, I mistook it to mean it Spotted the yellow arrow and triggered a death star hyperloop shot in one...thanks for the clarification

#7465 4 years ago

Had a personal best today. Managed to complete Light Saber Duel and got 40x on every shot (I believe) - 2.532 billion.

#7466 4 years ago

Left the club on Sunday, and returned on Monday.

Kind of a duplicate post from "What machine did you bring home today? Post your pictures!" but I think there may not be much overlap.

Bought my Star Wars pro off route, fixed minor problems, cleaned, waxed, added new titan rubbers, shaker, slide brackets, inner blades, and played the heck out of it for 4 months (and volunteered it for a show). I was able to sell it for a fair price on Sunday, and upgrade to a low play, stock LE + shaker on Monday.

My LE is 440, which I like - it's the frequency of concert A, used for tuning orchestras (pianos, etc).

SW_Pro_and_LE_small (resized).JPGSW_Pro_and_LE_small (resized).JPG
#7467 4 years ago
Quoted from Adaminski:

My LE is 440, which I like - it's the frequency of concert A, used for tuning orchestras (pianos, etc).

Congrats - my LE is #666, which explains why the game is always kicking my butt........

#7468 4 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Congrats - my LE is #666, which explains why the game is always kicking my butt........

Might have thought they would skip that number. In the 1970's and 1980's, my family owned and operated a small "park at your door" type motel, built in 1960, and they skipped room 13. The 13th room was there - they just put a 14 on the door.

I see LE 251 is currently for sale on Pinside, and 1 other LE. Be interesting to me (just curiosity) to know where the distribution is. Can't easily on map, cause Prem/LE are grouped.

#7469 4 years ago

So what the heck is this new stern Star Wars “pin”?

#7470 4 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

So what the heck is this new stern Star Wars “pin”?

A overly priced so called "entry level home edition " machine.

#7471 4 years ago

Earlier this week I purchased my first machine, a SW Pro. I’m really looking forward to receiving it and am excited to join the club.

#7472 4 years ago

Am I missing something or is repair the hyperdrive just 2 shots and done? Any way to build value?

#7473 4 years ago
Quoted from pudealee:

I did. Can't hurt.

I did also

#7474 4 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Am I missing something or is repair the hyperdrive just 2 shots and done? Any way to build value?

Regarding R2-D2's Hoth 3 mission, yep, 2 shots is the minimum to finishing it. Shoot the LO, RL or RR then the LL within the hurry up and you're done. You can not build the value of the final shot but you can stay in the mission by deliberately timing-out the LL shot which in turn relights the LO, RL and RR shots. If you do this, note these shots use the multiplier and have a decent base value of 7.5 mil, so there are a lot of points on offer in this mission if you choose to stay in it. High risk reward scenario because you constantly have to keep your multipliers from expiring by hitting the 3-bank, and as we all know that's dangerous.

#7475 4 years ago

Anybody interested in a Star Destroyer for your Playfield? I bought this one new and had it on my desk while I got around to installing but decided I don't really need to add anything else to the machine. $15 shipped ... it's basically brand new (although i didn't keep box) ... smoke free home.

IMG_3755 (resized).jpgIMG_3755 (resized).jpg
#7476 4 years ago

Pm sent.

#7477 4 years ago

I just set up a NIB SW Pro yesterday, and during a game just now I had a spotlight flasher pop out of one of the two spotlights above the Force drop targets. I realize this is a silly question, but is there any trick to reinstalling the bulb into the holder? I have secured (I believe) the bulb back into the spotlight, but it is not turning on.

I also realized that the other spotlight bulb is missing, but I do not believe it was there to begin with. I have searched the playfield and all gaps on it, and there is no spotlight in the bottom of the cabinet.

This is my first pin, so I’d appreciate any help or tips that you have.

Thanks!

#7478 4 years ago

By the way, here are a few photos, including of the bulb once I put it back into the spotlight. Thanks for any help you can provide.

437E4680-660C-4310-881C-B3785921FF46 (resized).jpeg437E4680-660C-4310-881C-B3785921FF46 (resized).jpeg512D68D2-D78E-4E0E-9569-24B60502A4D1 (resized).jpeg512D68D2-D78E-4E0E-9569-24B60502A4D1 (resized).jpeg
#7479 4 years ago
Quoted from Looking4FirstPin:

I just set up a NIB SW Pro yesterday, and during a game just now I had a spotlight flasher pop out of one of the two spotlights above the Force drop targets. I realize this is a silly question, but is there any trick to reinstalling the bulb into the holder? I have secured (I believe) the bulb back into the spotlight, but it is not turning on.
I also realized that the other spotlight bulb is missing, but I do not believe it was there to begin with. I have searched the playfield and all gaps on it, and there is no spotlight in the bottom of the cabinet.
This is my first pin, so I’d appreciate any help or tips that you have.
Thanks!

That bulb is a flasher bulb and does not always light on. For examply only in certain light animations or in the 'game over' flasher sequence.
Installing it is ok when it's behind the thin metal holder bracket.
Both should hold the same flasher, colour white. If one not present, contact your distributor, he should hook you up with one.

#7480 4 years ago

Thank you very much. I appreciate it.

#7481 4 years ago
Quoted from Looking4FirstPin:

Thank you very much. I appreciate it.

If it isn't lighting, spin it 180 degrees. They are polarity sensitive.

Also, sometimes the wire contacts slip out of place. Make sure they are correctly in place around the wedge and not off to the side.

#7482 4 years ago

I want in the club! Send me a pm if you're thinking about getting out.

#7483 4 years ago

Picked up a LE a few weeks ago now and really enjoying it. Really enjoy getting the hyperloop cranking with several balls

#7484 4 years ago

Got to the emperor for the 1st time and beat him! Mode was kind of disappointing actually. Could have done better on planet multiballs, only completed Endor.

20190816_184733 (resized).jpg20190816_184733 (resized).jpg
#7485 4 years ago

Good job! I have yet to get to Emperor.

#7486 4 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Got to the emperor for the 1st time and beat him! Mode was kind of disappointing actually. Could have done better on planet multiballs, only completed Endor.[quoted image]

Wow, I had the same game tonight, only didn’t beat the Emperor! In fact, I was so worked by the time I got there that I’m not sure I made one blue shot! Funny, the first and only other time I faced the Emperor, I beat him. Yes, mildly disappointing Wizard Mode experiences, but all in all, what a ruleset! I mean, Jesus, when that 40x is lit, you do things on this game that you would NEVER do on any other game at any time! It’s crazy. And it means that the rules have been divined very well. Love this game.

#7487 4 years ago

Indeed, even though I essentially "beat" the game all I can think about are all the missed opportunities to wring out more points. I was 1 shot away from destroying the death star and I totally blew Hoth and Tattoine.

#7488 4 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Indeed, even though I essentially "beat" the game all I can think about are all the missed opportunities to wring out more points. I was 1 shot away from destroying the death star and I totally blew Hoth and Tattoine.

My high is 15B, but I didn’t beat the game. There are so many ways to play this game for points, and maybe 1 out of 10 games I play that way, but I prefer trying to beat the game. And I really love trying to beat the planet multi’s, and I’m really bad at it!

#7489 4 years ago

Victory multiball is so satisfying! I especially love it on my pinballmix because I had him play the 20rh Century Fox fanfare when it starts.

#7490 4 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Victory multiball is so satisfying! I especially love it on my pinballmix because I had him play the 20rh Century Fox fanfare when it starts.

I suppose you did that fanfare through pinbrowser? Has anyone put together an alternate SW sound tracks for the game software?

I too love My SWLE. Very underrated game for sure! It should be ranked in the top 5 of all time!! It is only because it’s SW, that it ranks so low. People all have their own ideas about what it should look like, but Stern did a superb job re-creating the final battle scene on the playfield. Add a few fighters and you’ve got a stunning table!

0C1B0CE1-4FCD-4F86-A0C7-9774907CF71B (resized).jpeg0C1B0CE1-4FCD-4F86-A0C7-9774907CF71B (resized).jpeg
#7491 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

I want in the club! Send me a pm if you're thinking about getting out.

I flirt with the idea of parting with my pro, but I’m really torn. If I keep it until the snow flies it’ll probably be anchored until spring. I haven’t even played it with mode stacking yet! And I’ve had it nearly a year!

The game is truly outstanding, and the rules are special. It needs some polish, and I’d really like to still own the game when the update finally comes through, but man, with Dwight, who the hell knows? SW probably after GB in the pecking order. But GoT just got done.

Can’t believe I finally made it back to Emperor last night and couldn’t make a shot!

#7492 4 years ago
Quoted from Thunderbird:

I suppose you did that fanfare through pinbrowser? Has anyone put together an alternate SW sound tracks for the game software?
I too love My SWLE. Very underrated game for sure! It should be ranked in the top 5 of all time!! It is only because it’s SW, that it ranks so low. People all have their own ideas about what it should look like, but Stern did a superb job re-creating the final battle scene on the playfield. Add a few fighters and you’ve got a stunning table![quoted image]

I hired pinballmix to do it but yeah I assume he used pinball browser. Here is a video. It's so good!

#7493 4 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

I hired pinballmix to do it but yeah I assume he used pinball browser. Here is a video. It's so good!

That is excellent! Thanks for sharing!

Are you able to give a list of the sound you used?

#7494 4 years ago

It's mostly just the original trilogy box set soundtrack. I also threw in Duel of the Fates and a few non Star Wars tracks though.

#7495 4 years ago

Question I have a Star Wars pro since May of this year I have noticed the play field is beginning to have some dimples. Is this normal, what can be done, is this the way the game is? I have owned mainly 1989’s Williams games in the past also have a Stern Kiss Pro that does not show the same issue. Any advice would be helpful thanks in advance.

#7496 4 years ago

And, they're off!

#7497 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballRockDude:

Question I have a Star Wars pro since May of this year I have noticed the play field is beginning to have some dimples. Is this normal, what can be done, is this the way the game is? I have owned mainly 1989’s Williams games in the past also have a Stern Kiss Pro that does not show the same issue. Any advice would be helpful thanks in advance.

It’s normal. Steel ball, soft wood, wood loses. Over time - thousands of games, maybe 10’s of thousands - the dimpling evens out. Which is why old games appear smooth.

It’ll get worse before it gets better. And then it keeps getting better. Kind of like marriage.

#7498 4 years ago

I realize this may be a dumb questions, but SW LE is my 1st pin so I'll go ahead and ask. I was cleaning the play field and noticed that it appears that there is a clear sticker on the play field that also goes down the outlanes. I wasn't sure if this is something protective used in shipping that should be removed or if it is meant to be there long term? I notice where it stops just above the flippers that this area is where the most dirt accumulates. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

#7499 4 years ago
Quoted from goldmaes:

I realize this may be a dumb questions, but SW LE is my 1st pin so I'll go ahead and ask. I was cleaning the play field and noticed that it appears that there is a clear sticker on the play field that also goes down the outlanes. I wasn't sure if this is something protective used in shipping that should be removed or if it is meant to be there long term? I notice where it stops just above the flippers that this area is where the most dirt accumulates. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Mylar. It protects the high wear spots.

#7500 4 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

It’ll get worse before it gets better. And then it keeps getting better. Kind of like marriage.

Unless it gets worse, and continues to get more worse, kind of like some marriages.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
There are 14,971 posts in this topic. You are on page 150 of 300.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/150?hl=jazzbouche and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.