IMG_8600 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6632 (resized).jpeg
sw1 (resized).JPEG
sw2 (resized).JPEG
sw3 (resized).JPEG
sw4 (resized).JPEG

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,046 posts in this topic. You are on page 149 of 301.
#7401 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

I have a lighting issue where all of the following lights have gone out: FORCE, Lightsaber Duel, Jedi Multiball, Hoth Missions, Death Star Missions, large Endor insert, Super Jackpot.
Not getting any node warnings and they don't work in the tests either. Any ideas on the best way to diagnose this further would be greatly appreciated.

Reseat all the connectors in that chain, or just try wiggling them, see if they come back. Even when I had half my lights unplugged I never got any warnings, I don't think it detects it for some reason

#7402 4 years ago

This game, while brutal, is SO MUCH FUN!

Just sayin'.

#7403 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Reseat all the connectors in that chain, or just try wiggling them, see if they come back. Even when I had half my lights unplugged I never got any warnings, I don't think it detects it for some reason

I traced all of the CN3 and CN1 lines through the boards that were not working. Did not notice anything loose, but gave everything in the chain a little rogering and the lights all fired back up again

Appreciate it greatly!

#7404 4 years ago

Has anyone had a ball snap a wing off the tie fighter?

#7405 4 years ago

It has been reported before.

#7406 4 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

The first time I played a Pro on location, when they first came out had a missing wing.

#7407 4 years ago

I've had my Prem since they first came out, and I am just now wondering - how the heck is the Hyperspace Multi-ball Champion calculated in terms of parsecs? And, is a lower number better? (It is is as far as the Kessel run is concerned)

#7408 4 years ago

I have yet to really dissect that mode so I could be wrong but I think HS MB Champion is calculated on how long you can keep the second phase of HS MB active by shooting shoots similar to Victory MB and collecting medals. The parsecs traveled is displayed in small font on the mini-display and as far as I can tell, the higher the better.

#7409 4 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

My second ball of my first game. Right wing blew up. I ended up supergluing it back together and I bet I’ve played 500+ games with no issues.

#7410 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

This game, while brutal, is SO MUCH FUN!
Just sayin'.

I love the moving multipliers, it adds such a cool layer of strategy IMO. It’s also the difference between a decent score and an amazing one.

#7412 4 years ago

Is there some trick to working on this thing? This is my first Stern and I didn't realize prop bars were a luxury. The stupid posts are to short to do anything under and stood up it's too tall to work on the flippers. What am I supposed to do?

#7414 4 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

I love the moving multipliers, it adds such a cool layer of strategy IMO. It’s also the difference between a decent score and an amazing one.

I love those too. So satisfying when you can build them up and then strategically relocate them and hit a big payoff shot!

#7415 4 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I love those too. So satisfying when you can build them up and then strategically relocate them and hit a big payoff shot!

Yep. You've got to call your shot and then make it. I nailed a hyperspace hurry up at 40X for 1.2 billion. So satisfying!

#7416 4 years ago

Latest high score

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
#7417 4 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Latest high score

I like to play at least four games a day on my machine - one for each character. And since I'm almost the only person that plays our SW Prem any longer, if I get a high score, I use a different distinct version of my initials/name for each character. That allows me to see which character I play better, and which character is better at various goals/achievements. Yeah, it's nerdy.

#7418 4 years ago

Han seems like the hardest character. He can get through Hoth and Tattooine quick but I never put up big numbers with him.

#7419 4 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Han seems like the hardest character. He can get through Hoth and Tattooine quick but I never put up big numbers with him.

Great for getting 500m-1b though. He's my go-to for match play

#7420 4 years ago

Yea; Han can be really good for quick points as you can get Hoth, Tatooine, and even Endor multiballs fairly easily. But then there’s a block; how to light and complete the Death Star missions. The trick is to try and light Death Star from the get go. Then use Endor (or Hoth) shots to be able to select the Death Star missions. If you can pull that off it’s all downhill to the emperor.

#7421 4 years ago

I will usually pick Han for league or tournament games, since it’s a pretty quick path to some big points. Choose +5 tie fighters each ball, get yourself setup for Tie Fighter multi ball. Crank up the shot multiplier as high as you can and lock your multiplier on the hoth shot... rake in some easy points on the Video mode and then take it into the Hoth mini wizard mode, and hopefully be ready to stack Tie Fighter multi ball on it. A load of points for very little work!

#7422 4 years ago

For whats it's worth I seem to get the most bang for the buck with Han. First, after destroying the death star it's the only time I have gotten victory multi ball.

I get action with him and have achieved maybe 4 or 5 of the 8 goals, and have my largest score over 5 billion with him.

#7423 4 years ago

For me, my lowest scores and fewest "champions" is with Leia. (I know there's a joke in there somewhere).

#7424 4 years ago

I was at a location yesterday for the second time in a month's time. They had a good lineup of latter-day Sterns (all pro models). The playfield LCD on the Star Wars pro was still out. I'm curious, is there an adjustment that allows or accounts for a busted LCD screen? If not, how could the game be played with out it? It's a shame it been out of service for a month (yet the game is still plugged in and turned on).

#7425 4 years ago

Have an issue where the right flipper will stop working after playing for a while. The button works, i.e. the leaf switch inside is touching and I can still move the multiplier etc. with the right button, but the coil does not engage at all.

Probably something simple to diagnose and fix but not sure what to check next.

#7426 4 years ago

Check connections at the coil. Broken wire, solder joint, etc. Also the plugs on the driver board.

#7427 4 years ago

Had an epic game Monday and finally, after almost 1.5 yrs of ownership, blew up episode 4 death star! Actually ended up beating all 4 planet modes as well. Was 2 seconds late hitting last light saber duel shot and ended up draining before could restart or else would have gotten to Emperor. New GC of over 10 billion as a result. Wow, can't believe I considered selling this game at one time. So much fun!

#7428 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

Have an issue where the right flipper will stop working after playing for a while. The button works, i.e. the leaf switch inside is touching and I can still move the multiplier etc. with the right button, but the coil does not engage at all.

hopefully just a bad EOS switch on the flipper assembly. when they fail you will see weaker flipper power as games progress. pretty normal for stern, i tend to have to replace both of them after 1000 plays.

#7429 4 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

hopefully just a bad EOS switch on the flipper assembly. when they fail you will see weaker flipper power as games progress. pretty normal for stern, i tend to have to replace both of them after 1000 plays.

Shouldn't sterns work fine even without the EOS?

#7430 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Shouldn't sterns work fine even without the EOS?

Yes, the eos doesn't matter for normal operation. It will only signal to the cpu to momentarily repower the flipper coil to full power if deflected from the up position by, say, a hard hit from the ball.

#7431 4 years ago

Quick question for SW premium owners: what colored lighted flipper buttons look best? I was thinking red or maybe orange would match both sides best. Now that I've made this one a keeper, time to add a little bling.

#7432 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Quick question for SW premium owners: what colored lighted flipper buttons look best? I was thinking red or maybe orange would match both sides best. Now that I've made this one a keeper, time to add a little bling.

Blue.

B33288BE-6616-4219-B794-8079EB81D087 (resized).jpegB33288BE-6616-4219-B794-8079EB81D087 (resized).jpeg
#7433 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Blue.[quoted image]

How does it match the other side?

#7434 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

How does it match the other side?

I think it looks pretty good. Seems like a bright star in space to me.
10FBB068-F417-4A2F-8D5F-5AFCEEE86591 (resized).jpeg10FBB068-F417-4A2F-8D5F-5AFCEEE86591 (resized).jpeg

#7435 4 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I think it looks pretty good. Seems like a bright star in space to me.
[quoted image]

Or a moon...wait, that's no moon!

#7436 4 years ago

If you contact pinball life you can have a custom kit ordered with a different color on each side...

#7437 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

what colored lighted flipper buttons look best

I have color changing lamps in mine, with clear buttons.

#7438 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Mine has green on the right (see pic below) and purple on the left. Don't have a picture of the left side handy, but I think I'd do blue on the left now. It would also match the blue start button I installed.

SW right (resized).jpgSW right (resized).jpg

#7439 4 years ago

Who says Luke isn’t good for points?

C35156A0-5123-45E3-9341-CD6BE0070A20 (resized).jpegC35156A0-5123-45E3-9341-CD6BE0070A20 (resized).jpeg
#7440 4 years ago

What? I thought multipliers didn't work in lightsaber duel.

#7441 4 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

They work everywhere?

#7442 4 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Ummmm yes they do. For sure.

#7443 4 years ago

On every shot or just the final? I've tried to watch the screen for the multipliers on each shot and never saw it.

#7444 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

They work everywhere?

They don't work everywhere. There are definitely certain modes with certain characters where shots aren't multiplied.

#7445 4 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Yes, the eos doesn't matter for normal operation. It will only signal to the cpu to momentarily repower the flipper coil to full power if deflected from the up position by, say, a hard hit from the ball.

i've experienced major flipper failure on spike system GOT from a cracked EOS switch. The game was not playable, so the EOS does actually matter.

#7446 4 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

On every shot or just the final? I've tried to watch the screen for the multipliers on each shot and never saw it.

They work on light saber duel. Plus, Lukes bonus is he gets increased scoring in light saber duel. On that particular game I hit every shot but 1 with a 40x multiplier.

#7447 4 years ago

Cool. Nice work!

#7448 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

So I recently did a lineup shakedown and the 3 pins I currently have (IMDN, AFMr, SW) have all joined the household all within the last month or 2. It will be interesting to see how each fairs up in the long run. IMDN and AFM being the most popular amongst pinsiders; and SW being one of the most hated hahaha. I see how IMDN and AFM have that natural popular appeal to them (they are awesome); but man, SW has such an addictive personality to it - it’s like the chick that doesn’t show off her hotness, then you get her naked in bed and then wow! Hottest thing you ever laid eyes on
[quoted image]

Interesting arbitrary thought of the day: I posted this above ^^^ a little over a year ago. Since then; AFMr has left, ACDC PRO vault and DP PREM have joined, and SW and IMDN remain.

So my current lineup is SW, IMDN, DP, ACDC. SW still remains on top as my favorite with DP & IMDN a close 2nd.

#7449 4 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

i've experienced major flipper failure on spike system GOT from a cracked EOS switch. The game was not playable, so the EOS does actually matter.

Not on spike 2. The flippers work fine with it disconnected. Maybe you had another issue?

#7450 4 years ago

Posting again about playfield LCD screen issues. Still having issues with my mini LCD screen booting up all white. I've tried replacing the cat-5 cable with another one. That seems to work for a while, but occasionally (more often than not) I still get the white screen. I've found if I manually hold in the cables on the node board while I boot, it will boot up correctly. But it's a pain to have to lift the PF all the time.

There may be an issue with the cable socket. Not really sure. I've notified Stern about this and I've never received any good response on possible resolution. If the board that the screen plugs into is bad, any ideas on replacement costs? Any other suggestions? Does anybody have any suggestions on a "premium cable" or a cable with some sort of upgraded connectors?

Very frustrated. It makes me want to leave the game turned on all of the time (which can't be great for the game).
021 (2) (resized).JPG021 (2) (resized).JPG

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 21.50
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,046 posts in this topic. You are on page 149 of 301.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/149 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.