SW Topper 1 (resized).jpg
Screen Bezels (resized).jpg
IMG_3171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3170 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4042 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240411-000808 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,065 posts in this topic. You are on page 148 of 302.
#7351 4 years ago

Yup. I originally had mine at 7.3 but read that post from Steve Ritchie about how playing steep is cheating so i dropped to 6.8 and it's noticeably harder.

#7352 4 years ago

I just joined the club with a SW Premium. I got it leveled and pitch is at 6.5. I gave it a good waxing and adjusted the right scoop eject so it fires to the left flipper consistently. Now it’s time to start playing and learning the rules. Everything is at factory settings. Do you guys suggest mode stacking on or off when trying to learn the game?

#7353 4 years ago
Quoted from rawbars:

I just joined the club with a SW Premium. I got it leveled and pitch is at 6.5. I gave it a good waxing and adjusted the right scoop eject so it fires to the left flipper consistently. Now it’s time to start playing and learning the rules. Everything is at factory settings. Do you guys suggest mode stacking on or off when trying to learn the game?

Off for sure.

#7354 4 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

playing steep is cheating.

Lol

#7355 4 years ago
Quoted from rawbars:

Definitely off.

#7356 4 years ago

Got my mix back from Pinball Mix and the added music and balanced audio really make the game come alive.

#7357 4 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Got my mix back from Pinball Mix and the added music and balanced audio really make the game come alive.

Sounds awesome

#7358 4 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Yup. I originally had mine at 7.3 but read that post from Steve Ritchie about how playing steep is cheating so i dropped to 6.8 and it's noticeably harder.

Thank you, input appreciated! Will drop it a little

#7359 4 years ago

Sounds awesome!
Can you list the tracks you used?

Was thinking of getting this done by PinballMix myself. Just couldn't think of the extra tracks to use!

Thanks!

Quoted from Jerickso77:

#7360 4 years ago
Quoted from rawbars:

Keep stacking on, especially at the beginning. There is no way I would have made it to the Emperor without it. Then, slowly dial up the difficulty by turning it off and other adjustments. But to keep this game fun at home with the kids and guests, I have stacking on, set to 5 ball, and replay and Special will award extra ball. Otherwise, just too difficult for mod to poor players. But, once you learn the game and up your catch and nudging skills, start backing the settings to factory. Just one average players opinion. It's your game, set it how you like. It's about having fun, not impressing some dude on Pinside.

#7361 4 years ago

So I'm going to take a cue from this threat and relocate my lockdown bar button.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-drill-bk3000-to-properly-add-magnasave-button

Unfortunately nobody really has done anything so I guess I'll be the first to document the relocation. I ordered a lockdown bar with no button hole and receiver. I plan to relocate the button below the right flipper button (preferably a little forward of and below)

I have no problem drilling a hole in the cabinet it just has to look factory. I like this game too much to be handicapped by the location of that button.

#7362 4 years ago
Quoted from Ponzie:

Sounds awesome!
Can you list the tracks you used?
Was thinking of getting this done by PinballMix myself. Just couldn't think of the extra tracks to use!
Thanks!

PM if you want your own slightly personalized version of this Mix. Right now I am running a nice promotional rate on Star Wars.

#7363 4 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

So I'm going to take a cue from this threat and relocate my lockdown bar button.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anyone-drill-bk3000-to-properly-add-magnasave-button
Unfortunately nobody really has done anything so I guess I'll be the first to document the relocation. I ordered a lockdown bar with no button hole and receiver. I plan to relocate the button below the right flipper button (preferably a little forward of and below)
I have no problem drilling a hole in the cabinet it just has to look factory. I like this game too much to be handicapped by the location of that button.

The location of the button is the whole point here. If you can bash tie fighters while flipping it removes all the challenge

#7364 4 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

That's the dumbest idea ever. Steve Ritchie himself said he wanted the player to need to make that risk vs reward choice. Relocating the button is a great way to mess up the game.

#7365 4 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Keep stacking on, especially at the beginning.

Right now I have stacking off just to get a feel for each mission on its own. Then I’ll probably turn stacking back on.

How do you get extra balls on this pin?

#7366 4 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

I like the mix with the original arcade game music too. Very cool.

#7367 4 years ago
Quoted from rawbars:

Right now I have stacking off just to get a feel for each mission on its own. Then I’ll probably turn stacking back on.

Yoda: "Turn off ... you will ... the stack ... hmm? And never ... young jedi will you go back."

#7368 4 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

That's the dumbest idea ever. Steve Ritchie himself said he wanted the player to need to make that risk vs reward choice. Relocating the button is a great way to mess up the game.

Did he say that? It seems like the button is on the lockdown bar so a non pinhead knows what to do.

Convenient that Stern just happens to locate it there.

#7369 4 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Did he say that?

I do seem to remember something like that in a couple of interviews. Definitely would not be a mod that I want for the exact reason stated by Steve. Your machine though, so do as you want. Just keep in mind that some might consider this a mod that would lower the price of the game if you sell it. Definitely put the button where it would be covered by a new set of extended side rails or light saber rails if you ever want to sell the game.

#7370 4 years ago

I’m okay with the button where it’s at, but figured the game could be improved. If Steve put it there for risk vs reward I could kind of see that, but it seems like the same deal with BK3000. I don’t think they intended Magnasave to be on the LD just to make it a R vs R situation.

Anyway knowledge is power. I’ll hold off. I’m obviously in the minority here.
7CD88F47-5E91-49B8-AAD9-B4C70A2BE117.gif7CD88F47-5E91-49B8-AAD9-B4C70A2BE117.gif

#7371 4 years ago

Is there an earnable extra ball in this game?

#7372 4 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

I’m okay with the button where it’s at, but figured the game could be improved. If Steve put it there for risk vs reward I could kind of see that, but it seems like the same deal with BK3000. I don’t think they intended Magnasave to be on the LD just to make it a R vs R situation.
Anyway for now I’ll reconsider and hold off. I’m obviously in the minority here.[quoted image]

I’m pro-mod on BK3K because of the placement on the original, and the fact that it’s super-hard to ever save the ball with the center button. With the TIE Fighter mode you can regularly trap up and shoot a bunch, and otherwise you have to decide when to chance taking your hands off the flippers, but you can almost always shoot at least s few without draining. Feels much more intentional (and fun) to me than the BK3K center button design.

#7373 4 years ago
Quoted from rawbars:

100 tie fighters lights the extra ball shot.

#7374 4 years ago
Quoted from rawbars:

And completing x number of missions as well. (Changeable in the settings)

#7375 4 years ago

Not sure if this has been posted in a thread elsewhere.

Dwight Sullivan interview at the Texas Pinball Festival 2019:

He talks about Star Wars, how it's his current favorite game and the moving multiplier.

#7376 4 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Did he say that?

Yupp. In one of the interviews. I remember hearing that, but can't recall which one. I did download them all, so I 'could' look it up...

#7377 4 years ago

Question for the PREM/LE folks:

I was playing an LE on location and during Hyperspace mb, I loaded 3 balls in very quickly, one after the other. The game just sat there with the 3 balls whizzing around the hyperdrive, it never put a 4th ball into play. I did notice 2 of the balls were very close to each other. Eventually, 2 of the 3 balls released and then finally the 3rd. It was a real buzz kill. I guess the question is; did I load the 3rd ball into the hyperdrive so quick the game didn’t register it? Or was it so close to another ball the opto Didn’t pick up on it? Or a bug?

Have you ever seen the hyperdrive just keep going like that and not kick a ball into play during the multiball?

#7378 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Have you ever seen the hyperdrive just keep going like that

I've never had that happen on mine. The most I have ever gotten is three or four, and a new ball was always introduced.

#7379 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Have you ever seen the hyperdrive just keep going like that and not kick a ball into play during the multiball?

I have had that happen to me, couldn't figure out what was going on. It was the first time I ever put 3 balls into the loop and nothing happened.

#7380 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I was playing an LE on location and during Hyperspace mb, I loaded 3 balls in very quickly, one after the other. The game just sat there with the 3 balls whizzing around the hyperdrive, it never put a 4th ball into play. I did notice 2 of the balls were very close to each other. Eventually, 2 of the 3 balls released and then finally the 3rd. It was a real buzz kill. I guess the question is; did I load the 3rd ball into the hyperdrive so quick the game didn’t register it? Or was it so close to another ball the opto Didn’t pick up on it? Or a bug?

Once in awhile during hyper-multiball if I shoot a ball in real close to one that’s already going around it takes a few laps before it gets enough space to register that 2 balls are actually in the loop. I never had them just go around until it timed out without releasing another ball, could be a bug.

#7381 4 years ago

I lowered the back of the game, tightened the tilt and scored 15B today + jedi multiball
Admitted I play the game in a risky manner and mantain and move my multiplier constantly, certainly for the big payoffs.
Hyperspace hurryups of 1B+ are fun

What else could I do to make it harder, can you play with the tie figher/hyperspace multiball settings? Or should I disable stacking of regular modes? (multiball modes stacking is off)
Because entering a multiball with 2 modes running is mostly a guaranteed both mode completion.

#7382 4 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

What else could I do to make it harder

Lower tilt debounce and remove the rubbers from the outlanes

#7383 4 years ago

I lowered the back of the game, tightened the tilt and scored 15B today + jedi multiball
Admitted I play the game in a risky manner and mantain and move my multiplier constantly, certainly for the big payoffs.
Hyperspace hurryups of 1B+ are fun
What else could I do to make it harder, can you play with the tie figher/hyperspace multiball settings? Or should I disable stacking of regular modes? (multiball modes stacking is off)
Because entering a multiball with 2 modes running is mostly a guaranteed both mode completion.

Here’s what I’ve done, pick and choose to what suits you:

+ hyperspace mb on extra hard (3 hurryups instead of 2 to get multiball).
+ decrease ball save time on victory mb from 20 secs to 5 secs.
+ decrease video mode time to 15 secs.
+ limit max extra balls to 1
+ turn off extra balls via mission completions
+ set extra ball via tie fighters to 100
+ turn stacking off for 1st character

Other things I’ve toyed with but reverted back to default:
+ decrease ball saver for tie fighter mb
+ decrease ball saver for hyperspace mb
+ set multipliers to extra hard (multipliers time out faster).

#7384 4 years ago

Ok I'll go for the hyperspace multiball extra hard and will increase the nr of tie fighters needed for multiball and decrease both their ball savers in multiball.
I prefer to keep the normal mode stacking, cause it's part of the fun.

#7385 4 years ago

Ok I'll go for the hyperspace multiball extra hard and will increase the nr of tie fighters needed for multiball and decrease both their ball savers in multiball.
I prefer to keep the normal mode stacking, cause it's part of the fun.

Yeah, I increased Ties needed to 50 (to start multiball). Think that was the max. That way you get less Tie interruption during planet mutiballs.

Works well for story integration and immersion in home use. That and turning mode stacking off.

Tourney players seem to prefer Ties at 35 for stacking opportunities.

Many ways to love this machine! Set it how you like ... then go to tournament mode 2 weeks before Pinburgh to get ready ... oh wait, if you want to practice for theirs you will need to put on lightning flippers. I kid you not. PAPA actually put lighting flippers on their SW. Ha.

#7386 4 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

One million percent this. Might as well install a foot pedal for it.

#7387 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

... Might as well install a foot pedal for it.

Oooooooh! BRILLIANT!!!

#7388 4 years ago
Quoted from tpir:

One million percent this. Might as well install a foot pedal for it.

If you really want to cheat the system, leave the button on the lock bar as is for multiplier changes and add a rapid fire button in parallel on a foot pedal. Hold the pedal down and get 15 fighters per second!

#7389 4 years ago

Soooo, node board 11 appears to not be working on my HUO Premium.

I went through the generic support page(https://sternpinball.com/support/contact-us/) but have a feeling that may be a bit of a communication black hole. Does anyone have any other recommendations on how best to get support for this?

#7390 4 years ago

Node board 11 is the one by the accelerators at the front of the playfield. Try reseating the connections.

#7391 4 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Node board 11 is the one by the accelerators at the front of the playfield. Try reseating the connections.

Front of the playfield? Do you mean the hyperspace accelerators at the back? Or the node board at the front where the shaker moter is plugged in. This PDF doesn't make it entirely clear as to where it is.

https://files.winwithp1ag.com/products/pinball-machines/Stern-Star-Wars-Premium-and-LE-Pinball-Manual.pdf

It just says it's on the "back panel".

#7392 4 years ago

By the hyperspace accelerators. That is the back panel, I guess.

#7393 4 years ago

Not sure if this game will get another update (I don't think it needs one), but I would love to see a hard difficulty setting for missions with no stacking + no spotted missions at all. I don't care that much about having to play Luke v. Vader when I chose R2/Han/Leia for my character and it not making sense movie-wise. I want to have to run all 16 modes.

#7394 4 years ago
Quoted from Elfman:

Front of the playfield? Do you mean the hyperspace accelerators at the back? Or the node board at the front where the shaker moter is plugged in. This PDF doesn't make it entirely clear as to where it is.
https://files.winwithp1ag.com/products/pinball-machines/Stern-Star-Wars-Premium-and-LE-Pinball-Manual.pdf
It just says it's on the "back panel".

Turns out, Node 11 wasn't getting power because the 48v coupler in the back box had wiggled just a little loose. Assuming the shaker motor did this. Wish we could turn down the intensity of the shaking. I know we can turn down the frequency of when it shakes but adjusting the intensity would be a real nice to have.

#7395 4 years ago
Quoted from Elfman:

Turns out, Node 11 wasn't getting power because the 48v coupler in the back box had wiggled just a little loose. Assuming the shaker motor did this. Wish we could turn down the intensity of the shaking. I know we can turn down the frequency of when it shakes but adjusting the intensity would be a real nice to have.

Adjust the weights, parallel=most 90°=medium 180°=least intensity.

To achieve 180° you may have to adjust each weight 90° from parallel.

#7396 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Not exactly sure the time frame per se, but there is a very limited time when hyperspace multi-ball begins in which you have to get balls up the fork and into the ramp. If you miss that window, you can no longer get balls into the ramp. That said, you can increase that amount of time by hitting the same yellow lit shots that were hit to start that multi-ball, namely the right ramp in the left orbit. I had this question early on and it was recommended that win hyperspace multi-ball starts, as opposed to immediately trying to get balls up the ramp, which is certainly an option, that individual immediately went to the right ramp in left orbit to try and increase the amount of time, after which time he started trying to nail the ramp shot. Hope that helps some. I would love to see something in the settings that increases that time from the start as I can never find enough time to get more than a couple balls up that ramp and into the loop.

#7397 4 years ago
Quoted from Elfman:

Soooo, node board 11 appears to not be working on my HUO Premium.
I went through the generic support page(https://sternpinball.com/support/contact-us/) but have a feeling that may be a bit of a communication black hole. Does anyone have any other recommendations on how best to get support for this?

Glad you got it fixed. For next time: with Stern, the website is a black hole. The best way (by FAR) to get support is to call them.

#7398 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Question for the PREM/LE folks: Have you ever seen the hyperdrive just keep going like that and not kick a ball into play during the multiball?

Yep, it's happened to me a few times though it's rare. Most likely the last ball didn't register going into the hyperloop. There are a few other oddities with the first part of the HS MB, for instance most notably in Endor 3 you can progress all other shots except the left loop. I've also started HS MB mid way through the 'Destroy the Death Star' mission and it would not let me progress the mission until the first part of HS MB was over. Not sure if this is the case on the Pro. Having said that, there might be a good reason code-wise as to why it doesn't let you progress but it still a bit of an oddity.

Side note: I wish during HS MB, while the ball save is still active, that a ball will auto plunge the instant a ball drains in an out lane just like in regular play. It's painful seeing that ball taking its sweet time rolling down into the trough while the HS MB hurry-up is counting down.

#7399 4 years ago

That's why I yank the plunger ahead of autolaunch.

#7400 4 years ago

I have a lighting issue where all of the following lights have gone out: FORCE, Lightsaber Duel, Jedi Multiball, Hoth Missions, Death Star Missions, large Endor insert, Super Jackpot.

Not getting any node warnings and they don't work in the tests either. Any ideas on the best way to diagnose this further would be greatly appreciated.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Portland, OR
5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Bryn Athyn, PA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,065 posts in this topic. You are on page 148 of 302.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/148?hl=jerickso77 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.