IMG_8600 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6632 (resized).jpeg
sw1 (resized).JPEG
sw2 (resized).JPEG
sw3 (resized).JPEG
sw4 (resized).JPEG

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,046 posts in this topic. You are on page 146 of 301.
#7251 4 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

major bugs, we need a new code update.
i updated mine from an older code to the latest code a week ago. i had never seen this bug in the older coe.
i have experience 2-3 times where i have closed out 1, 2, or 3 planets and there is nothing lit or available to advance to the next planet(s) or missions. really weird, all i could do was drain out the ball as i couldn't advance them. anyone else experience this? code is 1.05.

What character were you playing as? Go to the instant info screen and see what it says is remaining. I think I’ve seen something similar to this once; I was playing R2D2 and tilted in a specific mission, when next ball started I couldn’t do anything.

#7252 4 years ago

yeah, i suppose when it happens again i will try to record it. there are just no available shots lit to start or advance planets and missions. seems that maybe i broke the code as i was stacking tie fighter and hyperspace multiballs on top of victory mbs possibly.

Make sure you are trying the 3 bank below the mini display. Some modes use these targets.

#7253 4 years ago

I ran into a bug as well. Got HS multiball while doing the Endor battle. Screwed up the mode, Got two balls in the loop, which slowed down and then dropped out after a few laps. Later the same game, Lit DS, but the ball shot around the loop once and diverted out instead of being held in the DS. Of course, the flippers were dead and the ball drained.

#7254 4 years ago

I ran into a bug as well. Got HS multiball while doing the Endor battle. Screwed up the mode, Got two balls in the loop, which slowed down and then dropped out after a few laps. Later the same game, Lit DS, but the ball shot around the loop once and diverted out instead of being held in the DS. Of course, the flippers were dead and the ball drained.

#7255 4 years ago

Double post mode must be on.

#7256 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

What character were you playing as

either leah or r2d2 if i recall. seems most of the bugs were in leah, as i had just recently started playing with her (character). lol

Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Lit DS, but the ball shot around the loop once and diverted out instead of being held in the DS. Of course, the flippers were dead and the ball drained.

yeah, still seeing the ball drop from and the flippers dead = end of ball bug too. that happens with hoth if i recall.

#7257 4 years ago

major bugs, we need a new code update.
i updated mine from an older code to the latest code a week ago. i had never seen this bug in the older coe.
i have experience 2-3 times where i have closed out 1, 2, or 3 planets and there is nothing lit or available to advance to the next planet(s) or missions. really weird, all i could do was drain out the ball as i couldn't advance them. anyone else experience this? code is 1.05.

If you hadn't qualified (lit) one of the remaining planets, you have to shoot that planet's shot a certain amount of times to make it's missions available. There will not be anything "lit" to tell you this.

#7258 4 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

If you hadn't qualified (lit) the one remaining planet, you have to shoot that planet's shot a certain amount of times to make it's missions available. There will not be anything "lit" to tell you this.

yes, i am aware of that. I am saying that those shots are not available to shoot to qualify and start planet missions. there is nothing to shoot, you can't light the planets to even start the missions.

#7259 4 years ago

yes, i am aware of that. I am saying that those shots are not available to shoot to qualify and start planet missions. there is nothing to shoot, you can't light the planets to even start the missions.

Yea. It’s probably the R2D2 bug. I think it was mentioned in this thread before or on tilt forums. No one knows how it’s triggered because it’s so rare. I think it’s one of the Hoth missions (perhaps stacked with another?), playing as R2D2, and then tilting or tilt warning during a drain.

That’s about all I got in my memory tank lol.

#7260 4 years ago

I figured you probably knew that but I didn't want to leave out the obvious either.

Strange bug for sure.

#7261 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Yea. It’s probably the R2D2 bug. I think it was mentioned in this thread before or on tilt forums. No one knows how it’s triggered because it’s so rare.

sounds about right, i guess i'll try to duplicate it over the weekend if i'm lucky.

Quoted from RobT:

I figured you probably knew that but I didn't want to leave out the obvious either.

for sure, i guess a lot of people wouldn't know that if they don't own the game.

#7262 4 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

...the flippers were dead and the ball drained.

I've experienced this numerous times. I suspect the software is holding the ball, at least intended to, then changed into mission select mode.

As the ball fell from the machine's grasp an unexpected switch/sensor may have tripped stopping progress into mission select. I suspect that mission select would pop on-screen, before ball-drain, if the ball fell cleanly without tripping a switch/sensor.

#7263 4 years ago

It went into mission select mode without hanging on to the ball in the DS. Instead, it sent the ball out the hyperspace diverter. If I had selected a mission quickly, the flippers would have re-energized and I could have saved the ball. Definitely a bug.

#7264 4 years ago

In the Service Menu; Feature Adjustment #5 provides Death Star Hold Power. Perhaps bumping this setting will assist.

#7265 4 years ago

No. The ball didn't fall back out of the DS. It was kicked into the Hyperloop and sent immediately into the diverter and down the right inlane. A software bug for sure.

#7266 4 years ago

Just added lightsaber from a trip to disney, if I could find a way to make it turn on and off with the red and blue GI, it would be interactive and very cool
8D0EA074-3689-428E-B580-C72537F542F9 (resized).jpeg8D0EA074-3689-428E-B580-C72537F542F9 (resized).jpeg

#7267 4 years ago

Did some paint work on the pinworlds mods.

136C0C8E-DEA7-4CD1-8720-2FCDE8530832 (resized).jpeg136C0C8E-DEA7-4CD1-8720-2FCDE8530832 (resized).jpeg5D5D5418-C349-441D-B7CE-4D1AF587D10E (resized).jpeg5D5D5418-C349-441D-B7CE-4D1AF587D10E (resized).jpeg865D2126-9D6E-4933-9688-2CA5B48AA766 (resized).jpeg865D2126-9D6E-4933-9688-2CA5B48AA766 (resized).jpegD58663AC-4661-4C17-8A49-DD67E9C23957 (resized).jpegD58663AC-4661-4C17-8A49-DD67E9C23957 (resized).jpegA55C6776-16C4-4085-9F33-5E5C6FE80BE4 (resized).jpegA55C6776-16C4-4085-9F33-5E5C6FE80BE4 (resized).jpeg
#7268 4 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

Did some paint work on the pinworlds mods.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That looks really good!

Want to paint a set for me? Lol

I like the Hoth world with at-at

#7269 4 years ago

After I slayed the Emperor awhile back, I worried I might be done with the game. Hell no. This game has legs. I’m back in the groove. About to start stacking modes, as I finally think I can remember them all!

#7270 4 years ago
Quoted from Zdoor:

Did some paint work on the pinworlds mods.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow!! Your detail work on the Ion cannon is amazing! Particularly the icicles hanging off the edge of the structure below the sphere - nice job!

#7271 4 years ago

Sorry to ask, maybe mentioned before, but is there an award for beating all four characters?

#7272 4 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

Sorry to ask, maybe mentioned before, but is there an award for beating all four characters?

Nothing special for finishing all 4 characters. It simply lets you pick a new hero again.

#7273 4 years ago

Basically, it’s a self induced reward which involves quietly, and calmly, powering down your game, unplugging it, wheeling it out to the front lawn, place a for sale sign on it; and might as well as wheel all your pins to the front lawn in fact. Then, go online and custom order an ‘I win at Pinball’ T-shirt, as there’s really no need to play ever again.

#7274 4 years ago

Quoted from JoshODBrown:

Nothing special for finishing all 4 characters. It simply lets you pick a new hero again.

It's like a pie eating contest, where the prize is more pie.

#7275 4 years ago

It would be nice if there was something, even though I would never see it.
Just a video clip of something congratulating you would suffice.

#7276 4 years ago

What does “beating” all (or any for that matter) characters mean? Aren’t I playing as the character anyway?

#7277 4 years ago

Just had a great game on IMD and after that I decided to play s few games on SW and look what happened.

7EE0F4F7-3D07-40B1-800C-22EBF9A46D1A (resized).jpeg7EE0F4F7-3D07-40B1-800C-22EBF9A46D1A (resized).jpeg251F723E-F1D4-47D9-9C68-711DABD57CE3 (resized).jpeg251F723E-F1D4-47D9-9C68-711DABD57CE3 (resized).jpeg9C2D519E-F8B7-40EB-99FB-E27C3363C6B8 (resized).jpeg9C2D519E-F8B7-40EB-99FB-E27C3363C6B8 (resized).jpegED5AF79C-DBA4-4F29-8CF3-BD34EF1AA131 (resized).jpegED5AF79C-DBA4-4F29-8CF3-BD34EF1AA131 (resized).jpegFB46330A-76A4-479B-8B79-7C60350E1572 (resized).jpegFB46330A-76A4-479B-8B79-7C60350E1572 (resized).jpegBC1F74E0-65C0-4DA8-84D0-401CDC980773 (resized).jpegBC1F74E0-65C0-4DA8-84D0-401CDC980773 (resized).jpeg
#7278 4 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Just had a great game on IMD and after that I decided to play s few games on SW and look what happened.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Holy smokes! You were awarded a free credit! Sweet.

#7279 4 years ago

Quick question.

Does the “May the force be with you” swing gate back into the shooter lane do anything?

Not sure I’ve ever seen my work. Thanks.

#7280 4 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Quick question.
Does the “May the force be with you” swing gate back into the shooter lane do anything?
Not sure I’ve ever seen my work. Thanks.

Yes. The 'Escape' light will light too.

On delivery, my gate would open 40% to clog the lane and stop the ball. I spent a bit of time working on it. In the end the coil mount/bracket was ever-so-slightly out-of-square. The small loss in coil-gap translated into a significant loss of rotation with the play-field's arm.

I'm curious if you feel resistance/binding if the arm is swung by hand?

#7281 4 years ago
Quoted from RockfordReplay:

On delivery, my gate would open 40% to clog the lane and stop the ball. I spent a bit of time working on it. In the end the coil mount/bracket was ever-so-slightly out-of-square. The small loss in coil-gap translated into a significant loss of rotation with the play-field's arm.

Also, check settings and make sure it isn't disabled.

#7282 4 years ago
Quoted from Wudchopper:

On tie fighter assault mode, when smashin for tie fighters what do the flashing red arrows do on the ramps? I can usually hit one ramp but very seldom have a chance to hit the 2nd during the mode.

This is a good question. I assume it's an incentive to keep you from just trapping up and hammering the button but is it worth the risk?

#7283 4 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

This is a good question. I assume it's an incentive to keep you from just trapping up and hammering the button but is it worth the risk?

I've never been able to see any effect from hitting them

#7284 4 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I've never been able to see any effect from hitting them

Me neither, but thinking about it - maybe they increase the time you have to bash that button...?

#7285 4 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Me neither, but thinking about it - maybe they increase the time you have to bash that button...?

I think that would make the most sense.

#7286 4 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

I always thought they just gave you an extra tie fighter kill.

#7287 4 years ago
Quoted from RockfordReplay:

So are you saying when “escape is lit” the ball is supposed to be rerouted to the shooter lane? Mine currently drains down the outlane and into the trough. A new ball is kicked into shooter lane.

I will look at the bracket underneath. Thanks

#7288 4 years ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:So are you saying when “escape is lit” the ball is supposed to be rerouted to the shooter lane?

Yes, the gate should open and reroute the ball to the shooter lane.

#7289 4 years ago
Quoted from Wudchopper:

On tie fighter assault mode, when smashin for tie fighters what do the flashing red arrows do on the ramps? I can usually hit one ramp but very seldom have a chance to hit the 2nd during the mode.

Edit: I thought that shooting both ramps rewarded you with the points you had remaining after you've hit the TIE Fighter target from a TIE Fighter hurry-up, but thanks to Jerickso77 I had another look ..and.. it's back to the drawing boards. If I ever work it out I'll post the answer.

#7290 4 years ago

Interesting. I always thought you got those points just for hitting the tie fighter. I assume the multipliers work for this as well?

Speaking of multipliers, I hit a 1.2B hyperspace hurry up and it was glorious!

#7291 4 years ago

Anyone ever have the problem of the lock post on the Endor Shot dropping, but not far enough for the ball to roll over it? I ran the coil test however it doesn't do much. How do I adjust the height? Thanks.

#7292 4 years ago

My game is for sale if anyone is interested. 310 total plays. Located outside Philadelphia. Great pin, but unfortunately got no love from my family.

#7293 4 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

Interesting. I always thought you got those points just for hitting the tie fighter. I assume the multipliers work for this as well?
Speaking of multipliers, I hit a 1.2B hyperspace hurry up and it was glorious!

You know what... looking back at some of the recordings I've made while playing, I think your right. It's very hard to tell what is going on as the TIE Fighter choreography takes up all of the main screen. Now this is more of a head scratcher than before.

#7294 4 years ago

I'm curious to hear players opinions on R2-D2's unique mission in Hoth 3.

The way the mission currently works is that you have 3 blue shots (LO, RL and the RR) and when shooting one of them you are awarded 7.5 million base points and then it starts a 15 seconds hurry-up on the LL that can be timed-out. If you timeout that shot, the mission restarts.

Now here's the interesting part. The 3 shots that activate the LL hurry-up can be multiplied (I originally thought they could not). So 40 x 7.5mil = 300 million points. If you timeout the LL shot, the original 3 activation shots re-light, and again they can be multiplied! So this mission can technically go on for as long as you want.

Here's the setup:

Enter mission with 40x. (or the highest multiplier possible at the time)

Step 1: Shoot the easiest shot of your choice RL or RR and make sure it's multiplied. (I like the RR)
Step 2: Control the ball then shoot the 3-Bank to refresh your multipliers about midway into the LL hurry-up.
Step 3: Control the ball and by this time the LL hurry-up has most likely expired; restarting the mission.

Then repeat the steps.

It helps if you have the game set up to not pause timers when inactive but the above works with both options, on or off.

The 3-Bank shot is so evil on my machine. It loves directing the ball to either the left out-lane or SDTM. I've tried to see how many loops I can do, my current highest is 8. I had to fight the machine to get those 8 repetitions (I usually get far fewer before draining). The fact that I currently have to fight the machine to exploit the mission tells me that the mission is probably fair as is but the mission's points potential still worries me a bit.

So for those that have tried it, I'd like to hear your opinions.

#7295 4 years ago

While playing on my premium it registering shoots in the mystery scoop without the ball hitting the scoop, any suggestions on what to adjust?

Also the "may the force be with you" gate has started to malfunction.

#7296 4 years ago
Quoted from Frli002:

"may the force be with you" gate

I had an issue with the gate at one time. The top screw on the gate just needed to be tightened. Can't help with the scoop.

#7297 4 years ago
Quoted from Hoochoo:

I'm curious to hear players opinions on R2-D2's unique mission in Hoth 3.
The way the mission currently works is that you have 3 blue shots (LO, RL and the RR) and when shooting one of them you are awarded 7.5 million base points and then it starts a 15 seconds hurry-up on the LL that can be timed-out. If you timeout that shot, the mission restarts.
Now here's the interesting part. The 3 shots that activate the LL hurry-up can be multiplied (I originally thought they could not). So 40 x 7.5mil = 300 million points. If you timeout the LL shot, the original 3 activation shots re-light, and again they can be multiplied! So this mission can technically go on for as long as you want.
Here's the setup:
Enter mission with 40x. (or the highest multiplier possible at the time)
Step 1: Shoot the easiest shot of your choice RL or RR and make sure it's multiplied. (I like the RR)
Step 2: Control the ball then shoot the 3-Bank to refresh your multipliers about midway into the LL hurry-up.
Step 3: Control the ball and by this time the LL hurry-up has most likely expired; restarting the mission.
Then repeat the steps.
It helps if you have the game set up to not pause timers when inactive but the above works with both options, on or off.
The 3-Bank shot is so evil on my machine. It loves directing the ball to either the left out-lane or SDTM. I've tried to see how many loops I can do, my current highest is 8. I had to fight the machine to get those 8 repetitions (I usually get far fewer before draining). The fact that I currently have to fight the machine to exploit the mission tells me that the mission is probably fair as is but the mission's points potential still worries me a bit.
So for those that have tried it, I'd like to hear your opinions.

If I’m reading this right. Are you saying each time you hit the initial setup ramp (300 mil in your example) it continues to accumulate the value for the final death Star shot? So shoot right ramp, 300 mil banked, timeout, shoot right ramp, 600 mil banked, timeout, shoot right ramp, 900 mil banked, timeout, etc...?

If that’s correct, is the final cash in shot to complete the mission multiplied too?

#7298 4 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

If I’m reading this right. Are you saying each time you hit the initial setup ramp (300 mil in your example) it continues to accumulate the value for the final death Star shot? So shoot right ramp, 300 mil banked, timeout, shoot right ramp, 600 mil banked, timeout, shoot right ramp, 900 mil banked, timeout, etc...?
If that’s correct, is the final cash in shot to complete the mission multiplied too?

In R2-D2's Hoth 3 mission there's no banked points, you get 300mil (with 40x) added to your main score each time you hit the RR, so long as that shot is active and you achieve that by continually timing out the LL hurry-up. You could technically stay in that mission gaining points without ever completing it.

The final LL Death Star shot is also worth 7,500,000 base points (counting down) that can be multiplied but its points are not altered by how many times you've hit the RR.

#7299 4 years ago
Quoted from Hoochoo:

In R2-D2's Hoth 3 mission there's no banked points, you get 300mil (with 40x) added to your main score each time you hit the RR, so long as that shot is active and you achieve that by continually timing out the LL hurry-up. You could technically stay in that mission gaining points without ever completing it.
The final LL Death Star shot is also worth 7,500,000 base points (counting down) that can be multiplied but its points are not altered by how many times you've hit the RR.

Nice. Ill give it a shot.

#7300 4 years ago
Quoted from pudealee:

I had an issue with the gate at one time. The top screw on the gate just needed to be tightened. Can't help with the scoop.

Screw was tight

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 21.50
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,046 posts in this topic. You are on page 146 of 301.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/146?hl=rockfordreplay and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.