SW Topper 1 (resized).jpg
Screen Bezels (resized).jpg
IMG_3171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3170 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4042 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240411-000808 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,058 posts in this topic. You are on page 144 of 302.
#7151 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Stop giving me more reasons to buy that game...

Ha. It's an awesome machine. Loaded with spinning magnet, wolvie magnet, pop-up trolls, moving ramp (real cool after update and keeps you on your toes. Don't shoot it when it's moving...) Very Deep and challenging!

Should I go on ...

#7152 4 years ago

With the full John Williams soundtrack is not bad too

#7153 4 years ago

Hello all. Considering a Star Wars le. Recommend the game? Decent price? Etc erc. Thanks for the input

#7154 4 years ago
Quoted from Celofane:

That’s perfect, nice job!

Any chance you would be willing to share that with us Star Wars fans?

#7155 4 years ago
Quoted from Celofane:

Wow what angle is your game at? This is hard to watch.

Sound is great tho. I agree. Seemless

#7156 4 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

That’s perfect, nice job!
Any chance you would be willing to share that with us Star Wars fans?

Thanks
I don't have the game anymore but perhaps i can do my update for the last code.

#7157 4 years ago
Quoted from Chitownpinball:

Wow what angle is your game at? This is hard to watch.

6.5 of my memory

#7158 4 years ago
Quoted from Celofane:

6.5 of my memory

Gravity must be different in France.

I'm guessing that's about 5. Cool stuff though...nice work!

#7159 4 years ago
Quoted from Celofane:

That is outstanding, love it! It is totally seemless. Is the sound track different only for ball play between missions? In other words is there custom music for some of the missions too? How did you do this? P.S. You are an awesome player. That was a joy to watch. It's a great demonstration of what an awesome game Star Wars is.

#7160 4 years ago

Id like a copy of that soundtrack! Way better music for sure.

#7161 4 years ago

Excellent Mix Celofane! Sounds Great!

#7162 4 years ago

These is a free Version of a star wars John Williams remix out there. Pm me for details.

@PinballMIX: how do you deal with game code updates? I understand each game code revision needs a special mix... ?

#7163 4 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

PinballMIX: how do you deal with game code updates? I understand each game code revision needs a special mix... ?

Excellent question.

When you hire Pinball MIX to make a custom mix, if there is a future code update for the machine, you are entitled to have your Music Mix adapted to the new code for an extremely low flat rate.

Best to PM Pinball Mix for details.

#7164 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballMIX:

Excellent question.
When you hire Pinball MIX to make a custom mix, if there is a future code update for the machine, you are entitled to have your Music Mix adapted to the new code for an extremely low flat rate.
Best to PM Pinball Mix for details.

I love how you refer to yourself in the 3rd person. . There are a few guys in this hobby that help each other out in this regard for the love of the hobby rather than to make a buck. Just sayin'.

#7165 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I love how you refer to yourself in the 3rd person. . There are a few guys in this hobby that help each other out in this regard for the love of the hobby rather than to make a buck. Just sayin'.

If he’s making custom mixes for people at their request, I don’t have a problem with him charging for them. The people that share are generally sharing something they were already making for themselves. Which is indeed part of what makes this a great hobby, but not quite the same thing.

#7166 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

If he’s making custom mixes for people at their request, I don’t have a problem with him charging for them.

I agree. The question is how much. As a matter of fact loading these files into the code with pinball browser isn't really a big thing.

What needs to be done is:
1. Identify which modified sounds and songs you want at what part of the game
2. create an image of the original SD card in the machine with win32diskimager(dont use the code image from the stern website)
3. Open PinballBrowser, load that image and find those original sounds you want to replace. This is a bit of wrk, because some audio assetts are used multiple times. Not the songs tho, at least in star wars.
4. use AUDACITY to create the replacement songs later to be uploaded into the code. They need to be exact length as the originals and match in sampling rate etc.
5. replace assetts in the SD image with pinball browser and save it
6. buy a new SD card and write the image to that SD usinf win32diskimager.
7. replace original SD in the game with your modded one.
8. save the original SD for game code update purposes, described below.

When needing to do a game code update, insert the original SD back and perform the update. then create modded SD again, as described above.
All of this takes about 2-3h, if done for the first time. the time consumer is step 3. if you go crazy and do fancy edits, also 4 will take time. if you document, which original assetts need to be replaced, the update will be MUCH faster - maybe 30 mins, if you have the assetts ready.
if you do a different mix for the same machine, it will only be the editing of the customers songs and sounds, but the process of replacing the files will be rather quick.

all that said, good editing is worth paying for. replacing the files, however, well ... i guess that depends on how unwilling or unable you are to do the steps described above.

#7167 4 years ago

The newest Star Wars club member is...Me

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
#7168 4 years ago

My biggest gripe about this game is the way hurry ups and multi balls take priority over modes. I was doing Escape from Hoth and started hyperspace multi ball and that just completely takes over. Other than the blue shots on the field you would never even know you were still in Hoth. That's annoying.

#7169 4 years ago

love that music ! I would like that as well

#7170 4 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

My biggest gripe about this game is the way hurry ups and multi balls take priority over modes. I was doing Escape from Hoth and started hyperspace multi ball and that just completely takes over. Other than the blue shots on the field you would never even know you were still in Hoth. That's annoying.

This is so true. Have you ever found yourself purposefully starting and completing both the hyper hurry-up and a round of Tie smashy smashy right before going into a Planet M-Ball?

Been guilty of not not moving my lane during the Planet M-Balls in hopes not to light the Hyper Hurryup a 2nd time.

At least LS and Boba aren't interrupted.

#7171 4 years ago

The catch 22 is that stack helped me put up a 7B score. I guess you can go for immersion or you can for points.

#7172 4 years ago
Quoted from Jerickso77:

The catch 22 is that stack helped me put up a 7B score. I guess you can go for immersion or you can for points.

Yes. It is also much harder to get to Jedi Multiball without stacking.

#7173 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Yes. It is also much harder to get to Jedi Multiball without stacking.

True.

Does anyone know if you get Jedi Training progress (hitting the mini standups) during the Multiballls? Or just in single ball play?

Haven't tested this yet. Just curious.

#7174 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballMIX:

True.
Does anyone know if you get Jedi Training progress (hitting the mini standups) during the Multiballls? Or just in single ball play?
Haven't tested this yet. Just curious.

Yes you can progress Jedi Training during all multiballs. If thats the one thing preventing you I would play as either Luke or Leia. You can advance Jedi Training as a plunge award.

#7175 4 years ago

How does the end of the ball bonus multiplier work? I don't know how it determines what my multiplier equals.

Also, how does the hyperloop best score work? I have not got myself on the board yet.

#7176 4 years ago

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to share a video showing the 'Epic' John Williams mix that PinballMIX created for me. I've been really happy with the results, and tried to showcase the music as best I can in the game I video'd. It's a bit scrappy as the camera was right in my face, but hopefully gets across the idea/experience.
The idea here was that most of the mix is John Williams, but a few choice tracks are specifically chosen by me (for a variety of reasons). It's not finished yet - this was the first pass which I've been playing and getting to know. I can say it really improves my gameplay for some reason and just makes the game so much more authentic for me personally. It may not be to everyones taste, but I've found this the best bang for buck mod I could personally add to a game I love.
Hoping to put more videos up in the future, but wanted to share this whilst it was fresh in the thread.
Cheers!

#7177 4 years ago

Courious when does the shaker enguage on Star Wars?

#7178 4 years ago

Lots of subtle shakes like when you hit the correct shot in a mode or hit the drops. Big shakes at the match screen and crashing into asteroids in video mode.

#7179 4 years ago

I nailed the hyperloop/death star hurry up shot for 1.3 billion points a couple days ago (had 40x running).

#7180 4 years ago
Quoted from Jazzbouche:

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to share a video showing the 'Epic' John Williams mix that PinballMIX created for me. I've been really happy with the results, and tried to showcase the music as best I can in the game I video'd. It's a bit scrappy as the camera was right in my face, but hopefully gets across the idea/experience.
The idea here was that most of the mix is John Williams, but a few choice tracks are specifically chosen by me (for a variety of reasons). It's not finished yet - this was the first pass which I've been playing and getting to know. I can say it really improves my gameplay for some reason and just makes the game so much more authentic for me personally. It may not be to everyones taste, but I've found this the best bang for buck mod I could personally add to a game I love.
Hoping to put more videos up in the future, but wanted to share this whilst it was fresh in the thread.
Cheers!

Thanks very much for sharing! That was a great game by the way. I like most of the music. Not so much on the Escape Bobba Fet or select mission. It sounds unbalanced though. The music is loud and mission call outs are mostly muted. In between mission call outs are loud though. Like "shoot the hyperspace ramp", etc. I have noticed this about the factory firmware. I wish this was the opposite. Mission call outs louder and common call outs muted down some. I don't need C3PO screaming "go for the hyperspace ramp" at hiked up volume. That gets very old on a HUO game. I can see that being reasonable for location games. A balanced volume level for all call outs would be much better though.

#7181 4 years ago
Quoted from PlayPin:

Thanks very much for sharing! That was a great game by the way. I like most of the music. Not so much on the Escape Bobba Fet or select mission. It sounds unbalanced though. The music is loud and mission call outs are mostly muted. In between mission call outs are loud though. Like "shoot the hyperspace ramp", etc. I have noticed this about the factory firmware. I wish this was the opposite. Mission call outs louder and common call outs muted down some. I don't need C3PO screaming "go for the hyperspace ramp" at hiked up volume. That gets very old on a HUO game. I can see that being reasonable for location games. A balanced volume level for all call outs would be much better though.

Thanks man - the game was solid, but I was a bit hampered by the damn phone in my face! I want to setup a streaming rig, so need to find out how to do that!
Anyway, yep the mix isn't finished yet - you're right a few of the levels are off (couple of the tracks too loud) and the mission callouts very quiet. All that is to be sorted by PinballMIX. This first version was for me to play, get to know, then suggest any final changes. I personally love the Boba Fett track and especially the select mission music, but that's the beauty of the process - you would be able to change out the stuff that doesn't work for you. As with all things pinball, its a great mod if you value this particular aspect of the game. I'll hopefully do more videos in the future to share.

#7182 4 years ago

For those interested in the tournament scene for Star Wars and want to understand the early game scoring, this is for you.

TLDR:
------------------------------------------------------------
The more missions a character has in a planet, the more points you get for manually unlocking that planet and the more planets you manually unlock the more points you get.
These points are awarded as compensation; because the more missions you have in a planet, the further away you are from that planet's mini-wizard mode.
Importantly, multipliers do work while unlocking planets but only for the first 2 of the 3 shots for that planet.

Since the 2019 Stern Pro Circuit Tournament there has been increased interest in the early game scoring in SW. Discussion has mainly focused on Leia and wondering why she seems to get higher early game scores than other characters for simply unlocking planets. So I took off the glass and experimented and this is what I've come up with:

The more missions a character has in a planet, the more points you get for manually unlocking that planet and the more planets you manually unlock the more points you get.

For reference:
Luke has: 8 Missions (3 in DS, 2 in Endor, 1 in Hoth, 2 in Tatooine)
Leia has: 8 Missions (2 in DS, 2 in Endor, 3 in Hoth, 1 in Tatooine)
R2-D2 has: 6 Missions (1 in DS, 1 in Endor, 2 in Hoth, 2 in Tatooine)
Han has: 6 Missions (3 in DS, 1 in Endor, 1 in Hoth, 1 in Tatooine)

Leia has the most missions in planets that can be unlocked via the easier shots such as Endor and Hoth, that's why more often than not she scores the most points in the very early game. These points are awarded as compensation; because the more missions you have in a planet, the further away you are from that planet's mini-wizard mode. What looks like imbalance is actually a method to balance the game between the heroes.

Here is a sample of the minimum points you can expect for manually unlocking the most popular planets with each character:

(Working off of the following assumptions: Leia, Luke and Han players will typically choose "Light Tatooine Missions" via the "Choose Your Path" option prior to plunging while R2-D2 players will typically choose the Death Star. All scores displayed in this post are rough figures; a lot of rounding up and down has been used and when scores have sometimes been inconsistent in testing I have averaged them out.)

For unlocking Hoth and Endor without any multipliers:
Leia: 159,000,000
Luke: 94,000,000
R2-D2: 82,000,000
Han: 49,000,000

If Leia, Luke and Han also unlock the Death Star along with Hoth and Endor you end up with the following points:
Leia: 249,000,000
Luke: 213,000,000
Han: 162,000,000
R2-D2: 82,000,000 (Already unlocked the DS prior to the plunge)

Notice Luke and Han get a huge jump in score for unlocking the DS? That's because they have 3 missions in the DS planet while Leia has 2.

The points awarded for unlocking a particular planet is not always static; it all depends on when you have unlocked that planet, there is an exponential / snowball effect occurring as you unlock more planets. Example:

Leia has 2 missions in each of the Death Star and Endor planets, so you would think unlocking them both should give you about double the score one planet would give you. But you'll notice below that you are awarded a lot more than double.

Leia:
DS: 20mil
Endor: 70mil
Total = 90mil

Leia, now unlocking the planets in reverse order:
Endor: 20mil
DS: 70mil
Total = 90mil

You will still end up with about the same points in total doing them in any order; it balances out in the end, more or less. What's important to know is that all things being equal, (planets having the same number of missions in them) the more you manually unlock the more points you get.

Now let's move on to multipliers: Importantly, multipliers DO work while unlocking planets but only for the first 2 of the 3 shots for that planet.

Here is a sample of Leia unlocking the Death Star prior to any other planet. Comparing it with No multiplier and a 5x multiplier:

No multiplier:

Shot 1: 817,620
Shot 2: 2,296,620‬
Shot 3: 16,663,620

Total Points: 19,777,860

5x Multiplier:

Shot 1: 817,620 x 5 = 4,088,100
Shot 2: 2,296,620‬ x 5 = 11,483,100
Shot 3: 16,663,620 (cannot be multiplied)

Total Points: 32,234,820

12 million extra points might not look like much but the reward for using the multipliers gets greater as you manually unlock more planets (snowball effect). Luke for instance with an average multiplier of 6 or 7 can get over 700 million points just from unlocking all the planets manually (including Tatooine). That score alone would be enough to do well in many tournaments, all without starting a multiball, completing a mission, video mode or hyperspace hurry-up!

Something extra to consider: Hoth into Endor is a combo shot (so is DS into Endor) and combo shots make use of the multiplier. So Hoth into Endor repeated three times should score more points than shooting Hoth three times and then Endor three times.

I hope this has helped clear up some of the confusion regarding early game and tournament scoring. If you view the scoring as compensation then the scoring for unlocking planets makes sense. What looks like imbalance is actually a method to balance the game between the heroes. If it wasn't in place there is a good chance that Han and maybe R2-D2 would be the only heroes chosen in tournaments, as they have a much easier time accessing some planet mini-wizard modes. But with the compensation in place, Leia and Luke suddenly become appealing and provide the player with some very interesting points scoring opportunities in the early game.

#7183 4 years ago
Quoted from Hoochoo:

For those interested in the tournament scene for Star Wars and want to understand the early game scoring, this is for you.

TLDR:
These points are awarded as compensation; because the more missions you have in a planet, the further away you are from that planet's mini-wizard mode.
Importantly, multipliers do work while unlocking planets but only for the first 2 of the 3 shots for that planet.

Impressive analysis! This aspect of SW makes more sense now. Except for the shot multiplier *not* applying to the 3rd shot of your lite mission shots -- that's coding/rules silliness, IMHO.

Then what benefit do you actually get from Leia for her "Character" benefit? Is there truly increased scoring in each mission's multiball when you play as Leia?

#7184 4 years ago

Leia's special ability is +3x on top of your current multiplier, happens instantly when entering a planet's mini-wizard mode but it never goes over the cap. If you enter "Destroy the Death Star" with say 5x with Leia you instantly jump to 8x but if you are already at a max level (20x/40x) you get nothing.

While I've focused a lot of the analysis on Leia I don't want to leave people with the impression that she has some hidden special abilities in addition to her current one of +3x in planet multiballs. In reality Luke also has this "ability" of getting big scores simply from unlocking planets (even Han if he unlocks the DS). It's all a by-product of balancing.

I've always thought that Leia and Luke have a "what's next" problem for tournament play, each have quick access to 1 mini-wizard mode (Leia: Tatooine, Luke: Hoth) but then what? In tournament play they are at least 2 missions away from accessing another planet's multiball mode. Han and R2-D2 don't have a "what's next" problem, Han has easy access to 2 or 3 planet's multiballs while R2-D2 has DS and Endor. So with the compensated scoring it all evens out in the end.

Regarding the 3rd shot not being multiplied, I agree at first glance it's not very intuitive but one could argue that having too much emphasis in the early game with multipliers could hurt the flow of the game. Multiplier or not, the last shot is always the most rewarding so it feels like it's multiplied but now we know it isn't, more power to us.

Speaking of multipliers... I've gone through every mission and worked out which shots are multiplied and which shots are not... This might surprise.

From preliminary testing:

R2D2 missions: 24 of 26 shots - 92.3%
Leia missions: 26 of 35 shots - 74.3%
Han missions: 17 of 26 shots - 65.4%
Luke missions: 11 of 40 shots - 27.5%

There you go, for those that like to park the multiplier and just shoot... Luke is your man! Those that like it busy R2 is for you.

I'll eventually double check everything and I'll make a follow up post in a few weeks similar to this one: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/122#post-4709781

But I wont leave you hanging till then, here it is in text form:

DS1: All shots
DS2 Han: All shots
DS2 Leia/Luke: Only last shot
DS3: None

Endor 1: Only last shot
Endor 2 Luke: Only the second ramp shot when completing a set. x3
Endor 3: All shots. Second set of 4 worth much more than the first.

Hoth 1: Video Mode, yes
Hoth 2 Leia/R2-D2: All shots
Hoth 2 Luke: Only last shot
Hoth 3 Leia: Only last shot
Hoth 3 R2-D2: Only last shot

Tatooine 1: All shots
Tatooine 2: Only last shot
Tatooine 3 Luke: None

Again this is preliminary, I'll be going through all missions again just to be sure.

#7185 4 years ago

Hoochoo Excellent analysis. Thanks for putting this together and sharing.

I think you should be eligible for some type of pinside achievement. Usually rules/scoring stuffs gets posted over at Tilt, but I got here from a link there.

#7186 4 years ago
Quoted from Jazzbouche:

Thanks man - the game was solid, but I was a bit hampered by the
damn phone in my face! I want to setup a streaming rig, so need to
find out how to do that!
Anyway, yep the mix isn't finished yet - you're right a few
of the levels are off (couple of the tracks too loud) and the
mission callouts very quiet. All that is to be sorted by
PinballMIX. This first version was for me to play, get to know,
then suggest any final changes. I personally love the Boba Fett
track and especially the select mission music, but that's the
beauty of the process - you would be able to change out the stuff
that doesn't work for you. As with all things pinball, its a great
mod if you value this particular aspect of the game. I'll hopefully
do more videos in the future to share.

Glad to hear PinballMIX is going to level everything for you. I am very interested in hearing how this turns out for you. I would be very great full if you could share how that turns out. The unbalanced call outs are one of the things that bother me most about this excellent game. The way hurry ups and other things take priority over all mission audio/video(including planet multiballs) is the other. At least there is hope to fix the audio leveling(muted call outs) in the game. I wonder if anything could be done to keep mission audio/video as top priority by editing the code? At least for planet multiball's anyway. I wouldn't be surprised if hurry ups, tie figher multiball, etc. can even over-ride audio/video during battle the emperor. I have never got that far in part because I have mission stacking set to off. Is Jedi multiball the same as battle the emperor?

#7187 4 years ago

Thanks for that. I just saw that link over at Tilt, cool stuff. My hope is that more tournament players and tournament commentators get to grips with how the early game scoring works in SW and not just a select few because I'd love to see it continue to be used in competitions well into the future.

#7188 4 years ago
Quoted from Hoochoo:

Leia's special ability is +3x on top of your current multiplier,
happens instantly when entering a planet's mini-wizard mode but it
never goes over the cap. If you enter "Destroy the Death Star" with
say 5x with Leia you instantly jump to 8x but if you are already at
a max level (20x/40x) you get nothing.
While I've focused a lot of the analysis on Leia I don't want to
leave people with the impression that she has some hidden special
abilities in addition to her current one of +3x in planet
multiballs. In reality Luke also has this "ability" of getting big
scores simply from unlocking planets (even Han if he unlocks the
DS). It's all a by-product of balancing.
I've always thought that Leia and Luke have a "what's next"
problem for tournament play, each have quick access to 1
mini-wizard mode (Leia: Tatooine, Luke: Hoth) but then what? In
tournament play they are at least 2 missions away from accessing
another planet's multiball mode. Han and R2-D2 don't have a "what's
next" problem, Han has easy access to 2 or 3 planet's multiballs
while R2-D2 has DS and Endor. So with the compensated scoring it
all evens out in the end.
Regarding the 3rd shot not being multiplied, I agree at first
glance it's not very intuitive but one could argue that having too
much emphasis in the early game with multipliers could hurt the
flow of the game. Multiplier or not, the last shot is always the
most rewarding so it feels like it's multiplied but now we know it
isn't, more power to us.
Speaking of multipliers... I've gone through every mission and
worked out which shots are multiplied and which shots are not...
This might surprise.
From preliminary testing:
R2D2 missions: 24 of 26 shots - 92.3%
Leia missions: 26 of 35 shots - 74.3%
Han missions: 17 of 26 shots - 65.4%
Luke missions: 11 of 40 shots - 27.5%
There you go, for those that like to park the multiplier and
just shoot... Luke is your man! Those that like it busy R2 is for
you.
I'll eventually double check everything and I'll make a follow
up post in a few weeks similar to this one:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/122#post-4709781
But I wont leave you hanging till then, here it is in text
form:
DS1: All shots
DS2 Han: All shots
DS2 Leia/Luke: Only last shot
DS3: None
Endor 1: Only last shot
Endor 2 Luke: Only the second ramp shot when completing a
set. x3
Endor 3: All shots. Second set of 4 worth much more than the
first.
Hoth 1: Video Mode, yes
Hoth 2 Leia/R2-D2: All shots
Hoth 2 Luke: Only last shot
Hoth 3 Leia: Only last shot
Hoth 3 R2-D2: Only last shot
Tatooine 1: All shots
Tatooine 2: Only last shot
Tatooine 3 Luke: None
Again this is preliminary, I'll be going through all missions
again just to be sure.

Very thorough investigation! I think it's so cool how many ways there are to approach this game. The variety will keep it interesting for a long time. I had no idea some shots do not get multiplied. Are you saying that you could have a 40X multiplier qualified, shoot a lit shot, and not get any extra points for the shot? If so it seems like the green lit multiplier inserts should change to some other color(like yellow) to indicate they will not count at that time. Very good observations!

#7189 4 years ago

Correct, you could have 40x in say Death Star mission 2 with
Leia or Luke and the multipliers could be set to the inner loop and
you get nothing. Only when you move to the last orbit hurry-up
phase of the mission does that shot use the multiplier. If it
wasn't the case though, you could technically get infinite score if
you kept timing out the orbit and restarting the three inner loop
shots. So again much like the early game scoring, there is method
to the madness. There are very good reasons for some shots not
being multiplied.

#7190 4 years ago
Quoted from Hoochoo:

Correct, you could have 40x in say Death Star mission 2 with
Leia or Luke and the multipliers could be set to the inner loop and
you get nothing. Only when you move to the last orbit hurry-up
phase of the mission does that shot use the multiplier. If it
wasn't the case though, you could technically get infinite score if
you kept timing out the orbit and restating the three inner loop
shots. So again much like the early game scoring, there is method
to the madness. There are very good reasons for some shots not
being multiplied.

Very cool info on the planet unlocking, Leia ability, and multiplier info Hoochoo! I thought I knew the game fairly well, but I had no idea the depth in these areas. The thought and effort Dwight put into this game is amazing. Dude doesn't get enough credit. I'd love to see him take one more polishing pass on it (at least some A/V priority fixes), but what an awesome game as-is!

#7191 4 years ago

can someone explain the combo shots to me?

#7192 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Very cool info on the planet unlocking, Leia ability, and
multiplier info Hoochoo! I thought I knew the game fairly well, but
I had no idea the depth in these areas. The thought and effort
Dwight put into this game is amazing. Dude doesn't get enough
credit. I'd love to see him take one more polishing pass on it (at
least some A/V priority fixes), but what an awesome game as-is!

It is a seriously awesome machine. Get all the right things going ... and the adrenaline kicks in.

A +1 for Dwight on this mammoth code. Every mission feels like just that ... a "Mission." Never feels redundant. (and like others have said, giving priority to the planet multi-ball music over Tie and Hyper would be the icing on the cake.)

No easy feat. Dwight and Steve captured the theme while still giving us plenty of flow and speed!

#7193 4 years ago

How much better is the premium vs pro? We have the pro and it’s way too hard. Never played the premium. N I love the theme but the family hates the gameplay of the pro. I have it as flat as it can go and tried to adjust for cheap drains but we can’t get any good balls. They want me to sell it so I posted it but if there is a way to get the pro to be friendly i would like to try. It’s an awesome looking pin and seems like from these posts people really enjoy it

#7194 4 years ago
Quoted from nowakster:

can someone explain the combo shots to me?

Combos01 (resized).pngCombos01 (resized).png

This table shows what each shot activates. Example: From the top, shooting the LO starts a hurry-up, activating the LL and the LR for 5 seconds and making those shots light up as Light Blue. Then shooting the LL or LR within the hurry-up completes a combo, while also activating other shots as Light Blue, so you can continue to chain combos.

#7195 4 years ago
Quoted from Happy81724:

How much better is the premium vs pro? We have the pro and it’s
way too hard. Never played the premium. N I love the theme but the
family hates the gameplay of the pro. I have it as flat as it can
go and tried to adjust for cheap drains but we can’t get any good
balls. They want me to sell it so I posted it but if there is a way
to get the pro to be friendly i would like to try. It’s an awesome
looking pin and seems like from these posts people really enjoy
it

I know it sounds counter-intuitive, but try increasing the pitch before you sell it. You mentioned having it as flat as possible, and that might actually be making it harder. The side-to-side motion in this game can be brutal, and increasing the pitch will help minimize that. If you go too far, you might have trouble making some shots though (especially the backhands). At least give the standard 6.5 a shot, and increase up for 7 or so to see how it feels. It definitely will not turn it into a "safe" game by any means, but it might actually help a bit.

#7196 4 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

At least give the standard 6.5 a shot, and increase up for 7 or so to see how it feels.

It was designed for 6.5, nothing more nothing less.

#7197 4 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Actually Steve Ritchie has said that anywhere between 6.5 and 7.0 is ok.

#7198 4 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Yes, I understand that, and that is why I suggested it since he currently has his as flat as possible. Some people enjoy steeper, and some games even play better steeper (Deadpool), but that can sometimes affect things working correctly. I tried mine steeper to help the side-to-side motion, but everything just felt off. 6.5 is where mine plays the best. I can't imagine shallower due to the already insane outlane drains with the side-to-side action.

#7199 4 years ago

This is a post made by Steve Ritchie on FB:

Black Knight Sword of Rage was designed to play at 6.5 to 7 degrees. While I realize game owners can do as they wish with their games, this game plays fast at 6.5-7 degrees. Making it steeper is absolutely cheating, because it removes the side-to-side action that makes the game interesting. I hate a float-y game as much as you guys do, ya think? It is fun to learn to react with the right nudges and flipper skills to keep the ball in play, and is part of the Black Knight's challenge. It will help improve your game play skills. Side-to-side ball action when mastered also affords some really cool ways of knocking down the drops, scoring the Ball Saver in the left drain and setting up for nice feeds to the flippers. BKSOR has made me a better player, but I am no champion.

With the Premium and LE, a steeper slope is not a good idea. Besides cheating, fewer shots will make it to the upper playfield through the Flail Lane.

#7200 4 years ago

SW Pro has more flexibility on pitch too it seems. Sterns typically play great at 6.8. I found a happy medium at 7.0 for SW.

Quoted from Happy81724:

How much better is the premium vs pro? We have the pro and it’s
way too hard. Never played the premium. N I love the theme but the
family hates the gameplay of the pro. I have it as flat as it can
go and tried to adjust for cheap drains but we can’t get any good
balls. They want me to sell it so I posted it but if there is a way
to get the pro to be friendly i would like to try. It’s an awesome
looking pin and seems like from these posts people really enjoy
it

The premium has more cheap drains so that’s probably not a good substitute. I’d say increase the pitch as @jediturtle suggested. The other thing is knowledge of rules and missions. Once you start learning what shots and combos are needed for each mission, the game really starts to open up. Also, turn mission stacking off - the game is a hot mess when you have 2 missions running and no idea what to do in either of them. Lastly, When you’re picking missions, be sure to look at the insert matrix on the playfield, not the display. This makes it easier to remember and progress.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,058 posts in this topic. You are on page 144 of 302.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/144?hl=jlatko and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.