20230222_084649 (resized).jpg
20230222_085316 (resized).jpg
20230222_084653 (resized).jpg
20230222_084538 (resized).jpg
20230222_084535 (resized).jpg
20230222_084134 (resized).jpg
20230222_084126 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 14,971 posts in this topic. You are on page 141 of 300.
#7001 4 years ago

Is thee a flipper power adjustment setting somewhere? I keep reading references to it but can’t find it?

#7002 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Wife loves it too

That's probably the most important thing...

#7003 4 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Is thee a flipper power adjustment setting somewhere? I keep reading references to it but can’t find it?

Not specifically for the flippers, but you can adjust the coil strength for all coils. It is on the adjustment menu, "coil pulse", soft, normal or hard

#7004 4 years ago

I've had my SW Premium for awhile, and at first the left loop shot was okay, occasional SDTM with speed, then started getting worse. Lately a hard left loop shot gets air somehow, bounce over the right flipper, sometimes hitting the glass. I think I have it much better now, will see if it holds up, but what worked for me:

1) As mentioned other places in the thread, the left inner loop should go to the right flipper. I loosened the loop guide on the right side, and pushed it to the right as far as it would go and re-tightened. There wasn't a lot of play so was dubious, but has helped with where the left loop hit on the flipper. I haven't had a SDTM since and it hits either in the middle or close to the tip of the right flipper.

2) The crazy out of control ball jumping the flipper thing was still happening though, seems like I was losing a ball a game on it. I noticed that the targets on either side of the Endor ramp were slightly leaning out and moved pretty easily. Not a huge lean, but I could see how the ball may possibly catch on some trajectories. I made sure they were straight and out the way and tightened the snot out of them. After doing this I tested for a bit with the glass off hitting that left inner loop from a hard direct right flipper shot and no out of control behavior. Fingers crossed. My best guess is that on fast shots it was catching on the edge of one or both of the targets sending the ball out of control.

Not sure if this is a 100% solve yet, but definitely seems to be better. 10 out of 10 fast hits to the left inner loop hit the right flipper with no hop so far. YMMV.

#7005 4 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

I've had my SW Premium for awhile, and at first the left loop shot was okay, occasional SDTM with speed, then started getting worse. Lately a hard left loop shot gets air somehow, bounce over the right flipper, sometimes hitting the glass. I think I have it much better now, will see if it holds up, but what worked for me:
1) As mentioned other places in the thread, the left inner loop should go to the right flipper. I loosened the loop guide on the right side, and pushed it to the right as far as it would go and re-tightened. There wasn't a lot of play so was dubious, but has helped with where the left loop hit on the flipper. I haven't had a SDTM since and it hits either in the middle or close to the tip of the right flipper.
2) The crazy out of control ball jumping the flipper thing was still happening though, seems like I was losing a ball a game on it. I noticed that the targets on either side of the Endor ramp were slightly leaning out and moved pretty easily. Not a huge lean, but I could see how the ball may possibly catch on some trajectories. I made sure they were straight and out the way and tightened the snot out of them. After doing this I tested for a bit with the glass off hitting that left inner loop from a hard direct right flipper shot and no out of control behavior. Fingers crossed. My best guess is that on fast shots it was catching on the edge of one or both of the targets sending the ball out of control.
Not sure if this is a 100% solve yet, but definitely seems to be better. 10 out of 10 fast hits to the left inner loop hit the right flipper with no hop so far. YMMV.

Dont trust the bubble, the level is useless.
Check the angle, should be exactly 6,5 if it less you will get a lot of airballs (might be the case) and the playfiled will look like a war zone really fast. If it is more than 6,5 you will get a lot of drains, from everywhere :-0

Even with th proper angle and adjusting the power of the left kicker , I had to bend the guide and it is working perfectly.

#7006 4 years ago

When I use highly polished mirror finish balls about 15% of full power right flipper to left loop shots go SDTM but interestingly when I use non-mirror finish balls the inner loop works perfectly.

#7007 4 years ago
Quoted from Mnluz:

Dont trust the bubble, the level is useless.
Check the angle, should be exactly 6,5 if it less you will get a lot of airballs (might be the case) and the playfiled will look like a war zone really fast. If it is more than 6,5 you will get a lot of drains, from everywhere :-0

Even with th proper angle and adjusting the power of the left kicker , I had to bend the guide and it is working perfectly.

Agreed, but not my issue. Had it dead level left to right and exactly 6.5 using a digital level, been that way ever since I owned it, still had issues. Definitely the first place someone should start though.

#7008 4 years ago

Hey all,
I’ve been playing my premium a bunch this week and just started to have some fork issues; I was getting more rollbacks than usual so decided to adjust it slightly (moved the Death Star Rail slightly higher, and tried to lower the ramp that leads off the forks but without success). Anyway, over the past few games i’ve had an issue where mid game the ramp doesn’t lower when it should, so it remains up when the mode is not lit. I hit it a couple of times to light the mode and then flippers go dead, ball drains and the game fires me out a new ball. This has now happened several times - has anyone else had this and is there a solution?
Cheers

#7009 4 years ago

First question that comes to mind is whether you are running the latest software. 1.05

#7010 4 years ago
Quoted from Jazzbouche:

... and then flippers go dead, ball drains ...

This tells me the software sees a condition that should not be. Example: (2) or more of the Fork Ramp switches are active. The ramp position is either up or down, never both. Perhaps the 'down-position' switch for the Fork Ramp was providing signal when it shouldn't. Give it a few presses under diagnostics. Watch for intermittent response as you slowly press and slowly release. Could be a switch in another area too. Sometimes a full press and release makes a switch happy for a while.

Lifting the death-star's rail too high can result in dead flippers and ball draining too.

#7011 4 years ago

My premium is at 6.5 degrees and am still getting what is called rejects from the hyperloop. Before I go messing around with raising it up, I have one question. Are those of you that have done this and it worked, did you actually hear the ball hit the hyperloop or did the ball just fall down? I have never actually heard the ball hitting the railing and if that isn't the issue with mine, I don't want to be messing with it if it is not necessary? I am still new to owning a pinball machine and don't want to create a disaster if I don't have to? Additionally if you are hearing it hit, is there an adjustment I can make to the hyperloop magnets that will hold it better? Thanks

#7012 4 years ago

finally got the hyperloop multi ball - that was cool. I feel this game is making me a better player on my other games. This is a good game to have in your collection to help your pinball skills.

#7013 4 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

finally got the hyperloop multi ball - that was cool. I feel this game is making me a better player on my other games. This is a good game to have in your collection to help your pinball skills.

I felt the exact same way. SW has for sure improved my ability on other pins. I warm up on it!

#7014 4 years ago
Quoted from goldmaes:

... did you actually hear the ball hit the hyperloop or did the ball just fall down? I have never actually heard the ball hitting the railing and if that isn't the issue with mine, I don't want to be messing with it if it is not necessary? ...

The ball hits the fork-ramp and launches into the deathstar so fast and out-of-sight, it's hard to know where the contact is. There's definitely a violent bouncing during and after entry. I haven't invested the time that I intend toward improving this machine. I suppose oiling/chalking the area may reveal touch-points. I'd like to blueprint the rail. It looks like the flat bar underneath is intended to direct the ball when needed, but may slow it down and result in more bouncing. I have too much ignorance in specifically what's happening; I'd love to place a slo-mo camera on it.

I have thoughts toward a molded channel insert. I'd like to calm a wild ball and smoothly direct it into the loop. If it works, it may be worthwhile. The costs to produce 3D samples are discounted into manufacturing the mold. I estimate a $2,500 mold plus piece/costs base on quantity ordered. I have a bit on my plate, but I think about this.

#7015 4 years ago

anyone happen to have a new SW Pro Translite they would be willing to sell me?

#7016 4 years ago
Quoted from goldmaes:

My premium is at 6.5 degrees and am still getting what is called rejects from the hyperloop. Before I go messing around with raising it up, I have one question. Are those of you that have done this and it worked, did you actually hear the ball hit the hyperloop or did the ball just fall down? I have never actually heard the ball hitting the railing and if that isn't the issue with mine, I don't want to be messing with it if it is not necessary? I am still new to owning a pinball machine and don't want to create a disaster if I don't have to? Additionally if you are hearing it hit, is there an adjustment I can make to the hyperloop magnets that will hold it better? Thanks

If you mean that while the fork ramp is up you're getting frequent rejections trying to get the ball up and into the hyper loop, then try loosening the nut just under the left hand side of the Death Star, lifting the rail a tad then tightening the nut back up to see if that helps. It was the best adjustment I made to the game to date and I highly recommend it to anyone having frequent Death Star shot rejections. Whether you can hear the ball hit the underside of the rail or not, if you know you're making clean full powered shots with the right flipper and you still get frequent rejections there is no harm in trying to lift the rail slightly to see if it helps.

On a related note, it's been mentioned before in this thread but for clarity I thought I'd edit a stock pic showing just how far the ball must travel for the shot to be a successful DS/Hyperspace loop shot. The ball has to reach the first accelerator behind the Death Star.

DShold (resized).jpgDShold (resized).jpg
#7017 4 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I feel this game is making me a better player on my other games. This is a good game to have in your collection to help your pinball skills.

The other great thing about having difficult titles in your collection is they never seem to get old. They tend to become keepers because all you want to do is keep hitting that start button-very addicting trying to advance further. Star Wars kicks me in the nuts-and I keep asking for more please.

#7018 4 years ago
Quoted from Hoochoo:

If you mean that while the fork ramp is up you're getting frequent rejections trying to get the ball up and into the hyper loop, then try loosening the nut just under the left hand side of the Death Star, lifting the rail a tad then tightening the nut back up to see if that helps. It was the best adjustment I made to the game to date and I highly recommend it to anyone having frequent Death Star shot rejections. Whether you can hear the ball hit the underside of the rail or not, if you know you're making clean full powered shots with the right flipper and you still get frequent rejections there is no harm in trying to lift the rail slightly to see if it helps.
On a related note, it's been mentioned before in this thread but for clarity I thought I'd edit a stock pic showing just how far the ball must travel for the shot to be a successful DS/Hyperspace loop shot. The ball has to reach the first accelerator behind the Death Star.
[quoted image]

Thanks so much!

#7019 4 years ago

Maybe the topper will start shipping this Saturday!

#7020 4 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Maybe the topper will start shipping this Saturday!

May 7 is the next Stern of the Union.

#7021 4 years ago

Don't hold your breath. I hope it does get released. Wagers?

#7022 4 years ago

Money aside, which is the best version of this game? I've always assumed Premium because I wanted the warp ramp. I'm also typically a "get the full game" kinda person. But how much is it used? I haven't played the game a ton (although enough to know I want one), and I'm not even sure how to start the warp ramp multiball.

The downside of the warp ramp is the interruption in the u-turn. I played a Pro recently and forgot how much the ball can whip around that loop without the warp ramp blocking it. Is there not hardware / software to support quickly raising or lowering the ramp so as to not impede the loop shot from the back side?

So, I like the warp ramp concept, as well as metal ramps and wireform versus plastic ramps. But I don't love the clunkiness of the u-turn with Premium / LE.

If we're not trying to cost-justify one model from another, and only looking at the best / most fun game experience, what's the right model?

#7023 4 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Money aside, which is the best version of this game? I've always assumed Premium because I wanted the warp ramp. I'm also typically a "get the full game" kinda person. But how much is it used? I haven't played the game a ton (although enough to know I want one), and I'm not even sure how to start the warp ramp multiball.
The downside of the warp ramp is the interruption in the u-turn. I played a Pro recently and forgot how much the ball can whip around that loop without the warp ramp blocking it. Is there not hardware / software to support quickly raising or lowering the ramp so as to not impede the loop shot from the back side?
So, I like the warp ramp concept, as well as metal ramps and wireform versus plastic ramps. But I don't love the clunkiness of the u-turn with Premium / LE.
If we're not trying to cost-justify one model from another, and only looking at the best / most fun game experience, what's the right model?

The pro has a post that is up at the same times the lift ramp is up on the Premium. The ball stops very similarly on both models.

#7024 4 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Honestly, it’s a hard choice. I have a pro and play an LE on location. The hyper loop feels dam good to hit, especially on a destroy the Death Star shot. However, the takeaway is the horseshoe loop can at times be obstructed; and the Prem/LE is more prone to cheap drains on an already cheap drain layout. So pick your poison; a more satisfying shot to destroy the Death Star (LE) or a fairly better overall playing experience (Pro)?

One other thing; hyperspace multiball seems to be slightly different rules between the versions. It’s much harder on the LE (more satisfying in that regard? Perhaps). The pro seems to have longer grace periods to continue adding balls into play and since they stay in play it’s easier to continue to add more. Someone correct me if I’m wrong here but here’s the rules as i understand:

LE -
Feed hyperloop; add one ball into play > short time period to get that ball in the hyperloop > if you do, add another ball into play and try to get that in the hyperloop > if you don’t make it in the hyperloop in the grace period, then any and all balls in hyperloop come out and you play out the normal multiball.

Pro -
Lock a ball in the Death Star shot; add one ball into play > a bit longer period of time to hit that ball > if you do, it releases the ball and adds another ball into play; so rather than playing with 1 ball (LE) and 2 in hyperloop, you now have 3 balls in play and can try to get any one of them back into the Death Star. If you do > you’ll have another grace period to knock it out and add a 4th ball into play.

So all in all the pro has more chaotic multiball as you have more in play; and it seems to offer a much more generous grace timer to hit locked balls. While the LE hyperspace mb is more intense with the rush of a ball looping and trying to feed in another. Quite polar opposites and both instances feel frantic and good.

The takeaway; with the way the ruleset is laid out - playing the multiball alone is not wise and not too fun. It’s always best to stack it with missions or a planet mb. Playing the multiball solo is more fun on the LE because it is more intense, but in the end it’s pointless playing the mb solo as it doesn’t help progress towards end goals.

#7025 4 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Money aside, which is the best version of this game?

This is an easy question - the Hyperloop is one of the best toys in pinball and they did a great job integrating it into the rules. The Prem/LE does play slower / clunkier on some Sterns, but SW is still lightening fast and anything but clunky. The ball still rips around the u-turn on the Prem/LE. It's a great shot because you need to consider risk/reward and hit it with finesse to maintain control.

#7026 4 years ago

I sold my pro and bought a premium so you know where I stand. I do agree that the premium is harder. Quite a bit harder. Not a bad thing IMO, but it is.

#7027 4 years ago

You can always add ball save time in settings.

#7028 4 years ago

The hyper loop is super cool but it does ruin the flow a bit hitting the back of the ramp and stuff. I'd go pro overall

#7029 4 years ago
Quoted from luckymoey:

the Hyperloop is one of the best toys in pinball and they did a great job integrating it into the rules. T

agreed

#7030 4 years ago

To me if there's any question, opt for the pro and pocket the extra 2k.

There are very few cases to me where the premium is worth the extra money. The loop is cool, but not 2k cool.

#7031 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

The loop is cool, but not 2k cool.

Sorry but the loop is at least 2k cool-save up cheap ass!

#7032 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Those who say it isn't 2k cool have never had 3+ balls zooming around the loop after some clutch shooting.

#7033 4 years ago

Premium-- steel ramps, gate, hyperloop, resale. What's not to like?

#7034 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Ha! I bought in on an ACDC premium years ago. It was cool, but today I like the pro of that game better, too. The toys on premiums a lot of time just aren't fun, or at least slow the game down. This one is better than most, but its gotta be something pretty big to make me want to spend a sys11 worth of money on it.

Do you really think there's more ROI on the premium? I guess it's hard to say until they're no longer in production.

#7035 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Ha! I bought in on an ACDC premium years ago. It was cool, but today I like the pro of that game better, too.

I agree I bought a Luci and sold for a Pro, but Star Wars is a different story. I feel it blows the Pro away, just watching people see the hyperloop for the first time, or getting 3 balls on hyperloop going is one of the best feelings in pinball. The hyperloop is an engineering marvel, not to mention all the other extras-well worth it imo.

#7036 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I agree I bought a Luci and sold for a Pro

Luci is one of my favorites.....

Quoted from pinmister:

but Star Wars is a different story. I feel it blows the Pro away, just watching people see the hyperloop for the first time, or getting 3 balls on hyperloop going is one of the best feelings in pinball. The hyperloop is an engineering marvel, not to mention all the other extras-well worth it imo.

we agree here - surprised they didnt charge $3k for it.....

#7037 4 years ago

Had my le for over a yr and I still think it is my fav game to play. Just a blast. Could it of been better hell yeah. But it’s badass

#7038 4 years ago

I love my premium and my friend wants to trade me his pro and 2G’s, but I don’t think I can own the pro after owning the premium. The only other thing that might change your mind is the premium is a bit more difficult than the pro, so if you’re just a casual player you might be good with the pro version.

#7039 4 years ago

I have the pro, friend has the Premium. You really can't go wrong with either. Lighting on both is incredible. Love the use of the color changing GI and the lighting on Escape from Bobafet is a real treat and puts you right in the movie! Modes, sounds and video clips are the best of any big-big screen Stern. You can flip through any of them if you are a flow person. Artwork is awesome on all models. Both may need some simple tweaking to end cheap drains. Easily done in an afternoon of playing and tweaking.

His Premium has chrome side blades which REALLY make the game look cool with the chrome hyperloop. It just shines! Hyperloop is a really fun feature. I thought I would like the "exploding" death star more than I do. Looks too much like an egg cracking in half. Great concept, just didn't work out as well as they thought, I think.

Pro is a easier and more fun to shoot IMO. EVERY shot is backhandable on the pro You have to really be clean to backhand the Deathstar with the fork up on the premium and even then, it doesn't always work. Pro has the drop target bank, just like the prem. If this was missing from the pro, I think the prem would have more appeal for me.

This being said, I am still on the fence about swapping my pro out for a premium, if the right deal came along.

You can't go wrong with either. Still my favorite game, not just in my collection, in all of pinball.

#7040 4 years ago

Thanks for all the feedback. How adjustable is the jump ramp? I have played a machine where I could make the shot and another where I couldn't. If I go Prem/LE, do I need to play the specific machine first, or can any game be adjusted to work perfectly? I've seen some for sale ads list that the jump ramp is "butter smooth" which implies others may not be. Just curious if the ramp experience is what it is per machine, or if it is adjustable and fixable for virtually any game.

#7041 4 years ago

There is an adjustment provided. I have not seen one that could not be adjusted properly and I have seen more than a few.

#7042 4 years ago

All games can be adjusted. You are never stuck with a poorly playing game.

#7043 4 years ago

To me the premium with the light saber side rails is the best combination of art and game play. At first I really wanted the LE side rails, but after seeing them in person a few times I'd rather stick with the light saber rails. I love the hyperloop ramp. Nothing in pinball has ever gotten my adrenalin flowing like that ramp!

#7044 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

All games can be adjusted. You are never stuck with a poorly playing game.

Tell that to joekiss

#7045 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

At first I really wanted the LE side rails

I'm in this same boat. Do you have any pictures?

#7046 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

To me the premium with the light saber side rails is the best combination of art and game play. At first I really wanted the LE side rails, but after seeing them in person a few times I'd rather stick with the light saber rails. I love the hyperloop ramp. Nothing in pinball has ever gotten my adrenalin flowing like that ramp!

Quoted from foobeer:

I'm in this same boat. Do you have any pictures?

Hmm...I'd love to see pictures too. I was leaning LE because of the rails, etc.

#7047 4 years ago

Is the topper out yet??

#7048 4 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

Here is a link to my original post. These rails didn't come without problems of their own. I used a white paint pen in a simple method to make the saber handle stand out better.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/81#post-4321453

#7049 4 years ago
Quoted from Cheeks:

The rails on the LE are pretty sweet...... just saying

IMG_4232 (resized).JPGIMG_4232 (resized).JPGIMG_4231 (resized).JPGIMG_4231 (resized).JPG
#7050 4 years ago

It's a real bummer that the planet multiballs have some of the best clips in the game but they're mixed so low you can barely hear them. Really sucks the momentum out of an epic moment.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
There are 14,971 posts in this topic. You are on page 141 of 300.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/141?hl=mnluz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.