IMG_8599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6632 (resized).jpeg
sw1 (resized).JPEG
sw2 (resized).JPEG
sw3 (resized).JPEG
sw4 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1440 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,042 posts in this topic. You are on page 140 of 301.
#6951 5 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I am new to the game. Can someone explain to me how the hyperspace loop works? I have got it to work but it is always just one ball that goes around. I hear people talking about getting 2 or 3 balls but I never have that many in play? Not sure how the mode is activated or works.

It’s a hurry up shot. Do two of them and it starts hyperdrive multiball.

#6952 5 years ago

You have some catching up to do.. As far as Hyperloop- the first time that you get it in there and it goes around, it will exit after 3 laps. The next time you make the hyper space shot, it will go around a lot longer and another ball is launched onto the playfield from the shooter lane. Keep shooting them into the hyper loop.

#6953 5 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I am new to the game. Can someone explain to me how the hyperspace loop works? I have got it to work but it is always just one ball that goes around. I hear people talking about getting 2 or 3 balls but I never have that many in play? Not sure how the mode is activated or works.

Hyperspace multiball starts when you complete 2 hyperspace hurry ups. The hurry up is started with a yellow shot and completed with a hyper loop (Death Star) shot. When Hyperspace Multiball starts your first goal should be to extend the time you have to load balls. You need to extend the time you have to get the balls in the hyper loop. You do that by extending the hurry up with the yellow shots after hyperspace multiball starts. The yellow shots are lit on the right ramp and left orbit. I like to backhand the right ramp and combo that into the hyper loop.

So that combo extends your time to load additional balls and also gets a ball up there. I have had 5 in there. That’s a complete rush!!!!

#6954 5 years ago

Thanks for all the replies and strategy - I need to play better......

#6955 5 years ago

I wish I could have mode shots and clips take priority over displaying hyperspace and tie fighter hurryups. IMHO those dominate the display.

#6956 5 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

In hyperspace mb there is only a very small amount time that you are given to get balls up into the hyperspace ramp and still get additional balls added I to play, so you have to be kind of quick about it and it does add some pressure... In order to increase the amount of time you have to get more balls into the hyperspace ramp, you hit the yellow flashing insert shots (left orbit and right ramp, I believe). Thus, if you get one ball in the hyperspace loop a second ball will come, if you miss the time window, the fork ramp still remains up, so you can put a second ball up there and 2 balls will spin there for a small period of time, but that session will be limited to a 2 ball mb. On the other hand, if you can get one up the death star ramp quickly, hit the yellow insert flashing lights to add a little time, slam another up the ramp, a third ball will come, and so on...

#6957 5 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

I wish I could have mode shots and clips take priority over displaying hyperspace and tie fighter hurryups. IMHO those dominate the display.

Agreed. When mode is running maybe have the hyperspace/tie fighter hurry ups display on small screen instead?

#6958 5 years ago

I have a fresh Pro with a few problems that I'm not entirely sure how to fix.

#1 plunger feels weak. Full plunge = rather soft launch
#2 auto plunger misses 3 bank left a fair amount
#3 right orbit exits left orbit and SDTM

I saw a mention of adjusting coil strength to help the plunger, but it seems like the manual plunge is also off. I also read something about a guide rail adjustment, but didn't see any details on how to perform the adjustment.

Any help would be appreciated.

#6959 5 years ago
Quoted from x-out:

#3 right orbit exits left orbit and SDTM

Check if there is a bit on the lane guide. Even if you can fell it only with your finger nail, it can bump the ball.

For the other two make sure the ball doesn't touch the right Jedi target upon launch. It did that with mine for a while and resulted in the same behaviour as you describe

Added over 5 years ago:

Bit was supposed to mean burr. Sorry for this, I'm getting super annoyed with autocorrect on my phone...

#6960 4 years ago

I am a 1st time pinball owner that just bought Star Wars Premium. I love the game but noticed that I have a flasher (I think that's what its called, a light with a hood around it) that faces the tie fighter) that doesn't light up. When I do a light test it doesn't light up. What do I do to get this light working? Any suggestions?

#6961 4 years ago

Congrats on your new machine. Those lights are part of the GI (general illumination) if I recall correctly, so maybe your not in the correct setting when testing but even so I'd still take the glass off and push the light into the socket as it could have become loose (the most likely scenario), then test it again.

If it still doesn't light up you'll have to slightly loosen the top screw holding the lamp in place and shift the spotlamp retainer clip that holds the lamp in its socket to get access to the lamp. Then pull out the lamp and maybe swap it with another one on the machine to see if there is an issue with that specific lamp or socket.

I could be wrong but I think all the GI lights get used at some point in time during the end of game light sequence, you might have to wait for it but they eventually get used, so that might be another way to see if everything is working.

#6962 4 years ago

It's a flasher lamp and can be tested in the diagnostics.

#6963 4 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

It's a flasher lamp and can be tested in the diagnostics.

Thanks so much, I tested the lamp (181) and it does not light up at all. I'll see if I can do what the previous poster suggested. It is all very intimidating to do for your 1st time, so I want to ensure that I don't mess anything up. I have a 1 year warranty from the place I purchased the machine however I would like to be able to do some of this stuff myself. You never learn if you don't try. Thanks so much for all your help.

#6964 4 years ago
Quoted from goldmaes:

Thanks so much, I tested the lamp (181) and it does not light up at all. I'll see if I can do what the previous poster suggested. It is all very intimidating to do for your 1st time, so I want to ensure that I don't mess anything up. I have a 1 year warranty from the place I purchased the machine however I would like to be able to do some of this stuff myself. You never learn if you don't try. Thanks so much for all your help.

There is one up in the back that isn't always lit. I thought I had a bad bulb, but it comes on once a game is started.

#6965 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

There is one up in the back that isn't always lit. I thought I had a bad bulb, but it comes on once a game is started.

Thanks so much. I just had to adjust it and seat it a bit better and it began flashing. It is tough being a newbie.

Also, anyone, how do you get verified? Anyone willing to vouch for me?

#6966 4 years ago

You know what...some of the music they put in for some of the modes actually aren't that bad. They aren't even original music scores. I wonder where Stern got them from or if they composed these themselves, because some of them are not too bad (eg throne duel etc)

#6967 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

You know what...some of the music they put in for some of the modes actually aren't that bad. They aren't even original music scores. I wonder where Stern got them from or if they composed these themselves, because some of them are not too bad (eg throne duel etc)

I 100% agree with you on this! I am pleasantly surprised how well it was done.

#6968 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Jerry Thompson is the sound designer at Stern. He composed the new stuff.

#6969 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Jerry Thompson is the sound designer at Stern. He composed the new stuff.

Well hats off to Jerry for doing an excellent job making his work feel like a genuine piece Star Wars music !

#6970 4 years ago

Yea Jerry nailed the sound package for music and sound effects.

#6971 4 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Check if there is a bit on the lane guide. Even if you can fell it only with your finger nail, it can bump the ball.
For the other two make sure the ball doesn't touch the right Jedi target upon launch. It did that with mine for a while and resulted in the same behaviour as you describe

Added yesterday: Bit was supposed to mean burr. Sorry for this, I'm getting super annoyed with autocorrect on my phone...

hahaha...i was wondering what you meant when you said to check for a "bit". i'll have to check the rail for any oddities that might be causing the ball to redirect to the center like that.

i still need to figure out why the auto plunge is acting strange. sometimes it will touch the banks, but doesn't register a skill shot. other times it will launch long towards the left ramp or the tie fighter. there is also the occasional weak launch from the lane/gate that dribbles out into the center of the play field.

#6972 4 years ago
Quoted from x-out:

i still need to figure out why the auto plunge is acting strange. sometimes it will touch the banks, but doesn't register a skill shot. other times it will launch long towards the left ramp or the tie fighter. there is also the occasional weak launch from the lane/gate that dribbles out into the center of the play field.

Under the plastic above the shooter guide is a screw you can loosen to allow you to adjust its aim

#6973 4 years ago
Quoted from x-out:

still need to figure out why the auto plunge is acting strange. sometimes it will touch the banks, but doesn't register a skill shot. other times it will launch long towards the left ramp or the tie fighter. there is also the occasional weak launch from the lane/gate that dribbles out into the center of the play field.

Can you please video that, upload to YouTube and post a link?

#6974 4 years ago
Quoted from x-out:

i'll have to check the rail for any oddities that might be causing the ball to redirect to the center like that.

The very end on the right guide gets hit by the ball from below often. That creates a deformation of the lane guide. You can hear it as a minor 'click' when the ball rolls past the end of the guide. You also feel it with your fingernail. File it of and it solved the issue.
Steve Ritchie told me this, when I asked him about his understanding of where the shots should be returned to.

#6975 4 years ago

Blew up the Death Star for the first time ever. So awesome.

#6976 4 years ago

Hi! I am planing on buying a Premium new or in great HUO condition. Any issues with it before I make my purchase? Also, I would like to know what Stern will offer next.

#6977 4 years ago

Anyone knows how to remowe tie fighter to put on the protector plastic?

#6978 4 years ago
Quoted from Frli002:

Anyone knows how to remowe tie fighter to put on the protector plastic?

First remove the screw towards the rear of the bracket that is holding the spring... this will remove the Tie. Remove the allen screw that you will now see that was under the Tie spring and the phillips screw towards the back of the bracket.

#6979 4 years ago

Joined the club. Got the latest code and everything is default. Any audio tweaks or any other settings you recommend adjusting?

#6980 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Blew up the Death Star for the first time ever. So awesome.

How long did it take you? I have had mine for a couple of months now and still have not been able to blow up the death star.

#6981 4 years ago

Blowing up the Death Star... are you all referring to the Endor multiball? Or the Death Star multiball.... or both? Or something else entirely?

#6982 4 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

Blowing up the Death Star... are you all referring to the Endor multiball? Or the Death Star multiball.... or both? Or something else entirely?

Battle Above Endor (Return of the Jedi) and Destroy the Death Star (A New Hope) are two multi balls where you can blow up the Death Star. Its virtual on the Pro and mechanical on the Premium/LE.

#6983 4 years ago

The battle of Endor path is fairly easy in comparison to the Death Star path. I blew mine up using Endor path.

#6984 4 years ago

I thought I was missing a mini-wizard mode or something. I've done both on the Pro. It's pretty neat, but I'm sure it's much more of a spectacle on the Premium/LE.

#6985 4 years ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

First remove the screw towards the rear of the bracket that is holding the spring... this will remove the Tie. Remove the allen screw that you will now see that was under the Tie spring and the phillips screw towards the back of the bracket.

Thx

#6986 4 years ago

Hey, has anyone replaced a blue led from the g.i.? The top view rated off one of mine under the lower lane guide. They are branded "stern" so I emailed them. They sent part number 112-5034-05. I searched stern site and elsewhere, but j can't seem to locate one.
Thanks in advance.

#6987 4 years ago

Stern uses Comet leds. That's what I was told. Call Comet and inquire.

#6988 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

The battle of Endor path is fairly easy in comparison to the Death Star path. I blew mine up using Endor path.

I wish they made it easier on the premium to blow up the death star. I have not done it yet I was close but the death star shot is hard even with a good hit.

#6989 4 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Stern uses Comet leds. That's what I was told. Call Comet and inquire.

Thanks!

Edit* per comet, they do not supply stern their bulbs.

#6990 4 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

I wish they made it easier on the premium to blow up the death star. I have not done it yet I was close but the death star shot is hard even with a good hit.

It’s certainly a tight shot but if your game is level a direct shot should go up like butter.

#6991 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

It’s certainly a tight shot but if your game is level a direct shot should go up like butter.

I will need to check the level of my game. The 1st day I got it, I could hit it with the left flipper but I havent been able to do that since and it is now getting harder to hit it with the right flipper. I just hope I dont have to keep adjusting the game after it moves a little bit on the floor.

#6992 4 years ago

From what I understand the shot should not be able to be made with the left flipper. If it is, your flipper power is too high or angle of pf too low.

#6993 4 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Hey, has anyone replaced a blue led from the g.i.? The top view rated off one of mine under the lower lane guide. They are branded "stern" so I emailed them. They sent part number 112-5034-05. I searched stern site and elsewhere, but j can't seem to locate one.
Thanks in advance.

I think stern uses cointaker leds.

#6994 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

From what I understand the shot should not be able to be made with the left flipper. If it is, your flipper power is too high or angle of pf too low.

Not true. I have my Premium at 6.5 perfectly level and can backhand the Death Star with a clean shot.

#6995 4 years ago

I love this damn game.

9CE43BAD-3E8C-4DB8-AE38-BC13D85ADE9D (resized).jpeg9CE43BAD-3E8C-4DB8-AE38-BC13D85ADE9D (resized).jpeg

1C936039-0706-4217-9DAA-14644D80CC40 (resized).jpeg1C936039-0706-4217-9DAA-14644D80CC40 (resized).jpeg
#6996 4 years ago
Quoted from sublime90803:

I love this damn game.
[quoted image]

BAM! Thats great!

#6997 4 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Not true. I have my Premium at 6.5 perfectly level and can backhand the Death Star with a clean shot.

I stand corrected!

#6998 4 years ago

Bought this premium a few days ago and we’re having a great time. Wife loves it too

2FA3A4E8-B189-4A21-903F-684AB2080DEE (resized).jpeg2FA3A4E8-B189-4A21-903F-684AB2080DEE (resized).jpeg
#6999 4 years ago
Quoted from Coz:

Bought this premium a few days ago and we’re having a great time. Wife loves it too
[quoted image]

Hahaha Stromtrooper blood drive..bet you have an extra high midi-chlorian count!

#7000 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I stand corrected!

6.5 is the sweet spot, ate least for me.
Amazing how sensitive it is to adjustments, with 6.8 drains insanely, with less than 6 there are a lot of airballs and damage to the playfield.

Set it at 6.5 and them loose the bolt below the death star (left) to adjust to a spot where returns from the death star shot are minimal. I can back hand with 6.5, with a clean shot.....

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 21.50
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Wanted
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,042 posts in this topic. You are on page 140 of 301.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/140?hl=frli002 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.