• Pro 129 votes
    28%
  • Premium 191 votes
    41%
  • LE 148 votes
    32%

(468 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,256 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

1E85029F-62B0-498E-AB89-64CF050C8F16 (resized).jpeg
videomode (resized).jpg
20200112_210804.jpg
20200112_210819.jpg
20200111_191859.jpg
20200111_191842.jpg
20200111_191351.jpg
20200111_191334.jpg
20200111_191341.jpg
20200111_191300.jpg
20200111_191157.jpg
20200111_191240.jpg
20200111_191147.jpg
20200111_170853_HDR (resized).jpg
82790820_1220950488107934_7391565646137393152_n (resized).jpg
81559856_3121942514696867_3985339418549420032_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8380 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 168.
#651 2 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

Has anybody had their ball bounce back out of the loop when coming in from the right side when Hoth was lit and The ball hits the posts that pop up? Happens to me lots on a really fast/hard right loop shot, kind of annoying, my strategy now has been trying to hit it in a way where it's not going so quickly.

Haven't seen this. .86 code is imminent so maybe that will help you.

#652 2 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

Has anybody had their ball bounce back out of the loop when coming in from the right side when Hoth was lit and The ball hits the posts that pop up? Happens to me lots on a really fast/hard right loop shot, kind of annoying, my strategy now has been trying to hit it in a way where it's not going so quickly.

Yes mine does that..it also does it from the left side Death Star side the back post comes up ball hits it and sends it rocketing back before the death star posts come up...After doing some inspection under the PF of the death star pop up posts I found that they were actually loose. Tightened up the posts and it helped some but it still happens sometimes if the ball is really moving when it goes through the loop.

Phoebe

#653 2 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

this happens to me pretty regularly also. My game also suffered from the posts not coming up quick enough to catch the death star a lot of the time, but the .85 code solved that. Hope .86 solves the hoth one.

#654 2 years ago
Quoted from Butterflygirl24:

After doing some inspection under the PF of the death star pop up posts I found that they were actually loose. Tightened up the posts and it helped some but it still happens sometimes if the ball is really moving when it goes through the loop.
Phoebe

Yes, I also took a look and found the screws that hold each individual post were a touch loose, so I tightened them up. I've still had it happening a couple games. One game I shot that shot about 4 times in a row before I managed to get it so it wouldn't bounce back out. Maybe because it's still new and fast? I did put brand new silver jets in the game, since the stock Stern balls looked really hazy. That could be the little bit of difference with the extra speed from the better ball.

#655 2 years ago

Looks like code 0.87 was just released

PRO V0.87 - July 26, 2017
======================
Fixed:
- Far right mini target was no working properly in v0.86; will now work correctly.

Tweaked:
- Changed the priortiy of TIE fighter hurry up lamps to be higher than Death
Star III mission.

PRO V0.86 - July 26, 2017
======================
Fixed:
- Removed Accelerator switches from reporting they are bad in tech alert.
- Game will no longer crash during mini-wizard modes if you complete them
during the grace.
- Made 2nd Hyperspace multiball in the same game end correctly.
- Made 2nd Victory multiball in the same game end correctly.

Tweaked:
- Shortened one of the speech calls for choosing Han.
- Greatly slowed down how fast the shot arrows blink esecpially if there is
more than one color the arrow is cycling through.
- Added left side flasher to the TIE fighter explosion.
- Greatly reduced the scoring of most of the game.
- Tweaked default High Scores to reflect new score levels.

#656 2 years ago

When you update code do you have to do each one sequentially, or can you just update to the latest version if you missed any updates in between ?

#657 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

When you update code do you have to do each one sequentially, or can you just update to the latest version if you missed any updates in between ?

just update to the latest.

#658 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Just the latest one.

#659 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

You just install the latest, it is cumulative with all the past updates.

#660 2 years ago

Thanks Code Masters.

Added over 2 years ago: Have updated to .87

#661 2 years ago

Here is some more StarWars crap to put on top of your games!!!!

On sale $1.99 at JCP:

http://www.jcpenney.com/s/disney-stuffed?sort=PLH&Ntt=disney%2Bstuffed

DP0331201617061968M.tif (resized).jpg

DP0421201617042542M.tif (resized).jpg

DP0331201617061952M.tif (resized).jpg

#662 2 years ago

star-wars-dive-toys-1 (resized).jpg

#663 2 years ago

Millennium Falcon added...tied into ramp flasher circuit.

star-wars-pinball-illiminated-millennium-falcon-mod-1 (resized).JPG

#664 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

looks sic.
does that come with the premium or no?

#665 2 years ago
Quoted from orb:

looks sic.
does that come with the premium or no?

I think it does. We will have them for sale in limited quantities for the pro.

#666 2 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Here is some more StarWars crap to put on top of your games!!!!
On sale $1.99 at JCP:
http://www.jcpenney.com/s/disney-stuffed?sort=PLH&Ntt=disney%2Bstuffed

haha. We already own those!

#667 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I think it does. We will have them for sale in limited quantities for the pro.

Looks great, gimme

#668 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Doesn't really look like the Millenium Falcons engine glow, is there a way you could make a cover, even if it was 3D printed to disperse the light to create a spread out look rather than the spots?

$15 USB charger believe has LED strip mounted behind two little plastic screens/covers, spreads light nicely.

IMG_4057 (resized).JPG

#669 2 years ago

I was poking through the feature adjustments on the new code and came across this. I hadn't noticed anyone talking about the official topper, but motorized R2D2 and projector sounds sweet!

IMG_1262 (resized).JPG

IMG_1264 (resized).JPG

IMG_1267 (resized).JPG

#670 2 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

I was poking through the feature adjustments on the new code and came across this. I hadn't noticed anyone talking about the official topper, but motorized R2D2 and projector sounds sweet!

Cool! Be interesting to see what the projector does, projection of the message Luke receives of Leia?

#671 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Doesn't really look like the Millenium Falcons engine glow, is there a way you could make a cover, even if it was 3D printed to disperse the light to create a spread out look rather than the spots?
$15 USB charger believe has LED strip mounted behind two little plastic screens/covers, spreads light nicely.

Here is a slight modiication so that you don't see the LEDs and it's more of a glow. They will be available late next week. It's a great addition to the game, should have come like this.

20170728_065502 (resized).jpg

20170728_065522 (resized).jpg

#672 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Here is a slight modiication so that you don't see the LEDs and it's more of a glow. They will be available late next week. It's a great addition to the game, should have come like this.

Yeah that looks a lot more film accurate, nice work man!

#673 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Yeah that looks a lot more film accurate, nice work man!

The camera exaggerates the LEDs, it's not glaring as it is in the pic. It can be tied to any GI or flasher in the game so you can have it lit all the time or only in certain modes when the flasher is active, same connection. It's the perfect size for the game, multiple mounting options if you want to put it somewhere else, but I think it looks best off the left ramp. Definitely helps reduce the barren look of the pf.

#674 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Looks fantastic!

#675 2 years ago

Looks like it would be blinding to the player. Otherwise looks great

#676 2 years ago

My pro arrived this morning. Played about 10 games with .84 and updating to .87 now. Machine arrived in perfect shape, no visual defects at that I can see at this point. Keeping an eye on the inserts. Much better in the home environment with the sound and time to look around. Lot of cool info on that scoreboard.

#677 2 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Can anybody comment in general about the differences in settings for game play setups...
We set my game up with the Home play setting. How does this vary vs the Factory setting ?

Anybody have an answer - Home play Setting vs Factory setting ? Is one easier than the other ??

#678 2 years ago

Got to have the right key chain for the coin door when that Star Wars LE comes in!!!

IMG_4691 (resized).JPG

#679 2 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Got to have the right key chain for the coin door when that Star Wars LE comes in!!!

I'm boring, I change all my lock cylinders to be keyed the same so I just have 1 pinball machine key to keep track of. I actually already had that exact keychain for my regular keys though

#680 2 years ago

Backbox mod...this one was a lot of work, a lot of detail to be brought out.

Before:

20170728_171610 (resized).jpg

After:

20170728_172737 (resized).jpg

#681 2 years ago

Too much blue on the left side IMO. The stormtroopers and Boba look all muddled.

#682 2 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

Too much blue on the left side IMO. The stormtroopers and Boba look all muddled.

I agree. After seeing stock against another option, I really like the stock lighting. Seems like all the colors are more true to the art.

#683 2 years ago
Quoted from yuriijos:

I have to agree. It's colorbombing the translite.

Rob

#684 2 years ago

Lower left area and the saber fight in the middle are color changing, it just happened to be on blue when I took the pic. LEDs are exaggerated in pics. It's much better in person, at least I think so.

20170728_172739 (resized).jpg

20170728_194109 (resized).jpg

#685 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Lower left area and the saber fight in the middle are color changing,

Ahh...well there's that then.

#686 2 years ago

No offense, but I think you just ruined the only good art on this pin.

EDIT: the last picture actually looks pretty good.

#687 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

EDIT: the last picture actually looks pretty good.

Well you'll get to see that look like once every 7-9 seconds or so. Taste the rainbow!

#688 2 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Well you'll get to see that look like once every 7-9 seconds or so. Taste the rainbow!

Not necessarily, it's controllable, so if that last pic is what you like, color changing can be turned off and it can be set to an individual color. Colored LEDs, particularly blue and purple, often look oversaturated in photos, at least coming from my S6, but in person it's more vivid and the composition of the translight tends to be better.

Anyway, I posted it to get feedback, good or bad, and to offer options for those that may want them.

#689 2 years ago

anyone else have the Crazy yellow looking hair imperfection at Luke's head on the back glass ? and in between the A and the R of Wars a Blue looking Hair in the art ? Just curious

#690 2 years ago

These colour changing backbox mods are like something from a JPOP dream. Plus they are just dragged from one game to the next, no creativity.

Make the lightsabers have a gentle Red and Blue glow (a gentle flicker or pulse would replicate how the sabres are not completely static I the movies) behind them and put a flasher behind the centre where Luke is fighting Vader so get the effect from the films when the sabers clash - backbox mod done!

#691 2 years ago

i think it looks good. does it have flashers when game plays? any interaction?

#692 2 years ago
Quoted from orb:

i think it looks good. does it have flashers when game plays? any interaction?

No flashers on this one, but it can easily be done if someone wanted it.

#693 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Plus they are just dragged from one game to the next, no creativity.

Uh, I can assure you my backbox mods are not dragged from game to game. Each game has a custom pattern to bring out the details of the translight better. Takes me several hours to make one, stars wars was particularly challenging because of how much detail is in the translight, the original just looks flat to me.

#694 2 years ago

Waiting for the LE to ship, but cant wait to see all the cool mods people will be coming up with for this machine! I have a feeling i will be going broke soon....

#695 2 years ago

May have to grab a few of these...made by Hot wheels

20170730_095423 (resized).jpg

#696 2 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I don't blame you on the button mashing game. Very few pins put the lockbar button to good use. And to be honest, these button mashing (tie fighter + multipliers) features raised a flag with me as a concern from the get go home environment but I wanted to keep silent til I play it. They look like fun intriguing features to be apart of, but when you're doing it for the umpteenth time, it seems more like work than pinball. I'll reserve final judgement til I play, but I'm with you - the button looks exhausting to use game after game.

Waspinator bought, played, and already got rid of his Star Wars because he said that tie fighter button mashing was super awful.

#697 2 years ago

Been playing my Pro now for two days...Lot of fun but hard. Very very very fast game and that death star loop is killing me with SDTM coming out. No long ball times on this machine.

#698 2 years ago
Quoted from jorant:

Waspinator bought, played, and already got rid of his Star Wars because he said that tie fighter button mashing was super awful.

I think it's kind of a cool feature, challenging to hit and control the ball at the same time,

#699 2 years ago
Quoted from jorant:

That's not why he got rid of his machine. That guy goes through games faster than I go through laundry. He's already getting bored with his TWD and says SW and GOT were his two favorite machines.

The TIE fighter button, while somewhat lame, is a cool feature when it comes to risk/reward because you have to take your hand off the flipper to blow up TIE fighters...and frequently wind up losing your ball doing so. But taking out TIE fighters gets you multiball (I think), so you kinda want to do it...

#700 2 years ago
Quoted from Bramvk:

Been playing my Pro now for two days...Lot of fun but hard. Very very very fast game and that death star loop is killing me with SDTM coming out. No long ball times on this machine.

To be fair, I think he's already worked his way through GOT, SW and now TWD over the course of a month - he likes to buy 'em, play the hell out of them for a short time, and then move 'em along.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5,899.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 119.00
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
There are 8380 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 168.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside