SW Topper 1 (resized).jpg
Screen Bezels (resized).jpg
IMG_3171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3170 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4042 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240411-000808 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,065 posts in this topic. You are on page 139 of 302.
#6901 5 years ago

Speaking of Star Wars fans...... this at a brewery in northern Michigan.

20190413_175802 (resized).jpg20190413_175802 (resized).jpg
#6902 5 years ago
Quoted from stenbough:

I think raising or lowering the habitrail at the Death Star opening is all that needs to be adjusted if it's hitting the wireform and kicking back out (or not orbiting the habitrail during hyperspace). I'm fairly certain the shot cannot be backhanded with the left flipper from a cradled position. If there is enough speed on the pinball hitting against the left flipper it's possible. At least on my table, I can only get the ball into the hyperspace habitrail from the right flipper.

Star Wars fans are very passionate about the franchise, to a fault. Anything Star Wars gets nitpicked to death. The table is difficult and could probably use a few more toys to look at but the fun factor is a 10 for the excellent theme integration and diverse modes. The sounds and light show are perfect.

I am able to backhand the DS shot from the left flipper after cradling on my premium consistently. Play field is level and at 6.5 degrees.

#6903 5 years ago

I also can backhand the DS shot. If you can BH the left orbit and not the DS, then something is out of wack.

#6904 5 years ago
Quoted from woodmedic:

I am able to backhand the DS shot from the left flipper after cradling on my premium consistently. Play field is level and at 6.5 degrees.

Interesting... did you change anything from stock (flipper bands)? My table is at 6.5 and it rolls back out if I try to backhand it from cradling.

#6905 5 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

I also can backhand the DS shot. If you can BH the left orbit and not the DS, then something is out of wack.

I can backhand the left orbit but it lacks the power to get up the fork ramp on a Death Star BH. When the fork ramp is down, however, I can BH the left inner loop all day.

#6906 5 years ago
Quoted from stenbough:

I can backhand the left orbit but it lacks the power to get up the fork ramp on a Death Star BH. When the fork ramp is down, however, I can BH the left inner loop all day.

Flipper issue? Are the machine settings at low coil power? Or maybe the fork ramp is not aligned heightwise with the entrance to the hyperloop? It needs to be pretty well aligned.

#6907 5 years ago
Quoted from stenbough:

Interesting... did you change anything from stock (flipper bands)? My table is at 6.5 and it rolls back out if I try to backhand it from cradling.

My machine is bone stock. Still has the original flipper rubbers on it. It doesn’t always stay up there. Sometimes it rolls back out but if I hit the mark, it will stay.

#6908 5 years ago

Finally got to moving my posts at the side drains to the position where it closes them a bit. It definitely helps during gameplay... but man that was a pain in the rear!

#6909 5 years ago

Brought home a premium tonight!

6EA53F58-AABC-404C-84ED-ED02DBEBB54B (resized).jpeg6EA53F58-AABC-404C-84ED-ED02DBEBB54B (resized).jpeg
#6910 5 years ago

3d printed star wars republic and rebels symbol.

Not sure if i will keep red and black as it is or I will print both in black or both in white.

2692C23F-B881-4C21-BC6E-F7CB8B341FD2 (resized).jpeg2692C23F-B881-4C21-BC6E-F7CB8B341FD2 (resized).jpeg6572FD4A-2C9D-490A-8DD3-936CC7DD1656 (resized).jpeg6572FD4A-2C9D-490A-8DD3-936CC7DD1656 (resized).jpeg977C9F4A-6D5E-40E6-B843-15D49E642975 (resized).jpeg977C9F4A-6D5E-40E6-B843-15D49E642975 (resized).jpeg
#6911 5 years ago

Guys is there a way to skip video mode or lightsaber duel? I hate it when Im in a mission and one of these start sidetracking me
Thanks

#6912 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Guys is there a way to skip video mode or lightsaber duel? I hate it when Im in a mission and one of these start sidetracking me
Thanks

Video mode, no. Lightsaber duel.. just complete it once and it won't bug you again until after you defeat the Emperor. Lightsaber Duel is a requirement to be able to battle the Emperor.

#6913 5 years ago

Anyone know of a Star Wars pro or premium for sale around VA?

#6914 5 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

Video mode, no. Lightsaber duel.. just complete it once and it won't bug you again until after you defeat the Emperor. Lightsaber Duel is a requirement to be able to battle the Emperor.

Planning on picking up a pro. Have watched your guys Star Wars videos multiple times. Great stuff!

#6915 5 years ago
Quoted from Mnluz:

3d printed star wars republic and rebels symbol.
Not sure if i will keep red and black as it is or I will print both in black or both in white.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Look nice. You might consider blue for empire symbol. Unfortunately the black on black doesn't look good.

#6916 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Thanks

Turn off the setting to pause timers on inactivity and then just cradle the ball for 30s is the best you can do

*ducks for cover before The Law logs on*

#6917 5 years ago

Man this game is fun. This is one of the better stern machines I've played. Theme integration is great and that hyper loop is awesome.

#6918 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Man this game is fun. This is one of the better stern machines I've played. Theme integration is great and that hyper loop is awesome.

It’s underrated for sure. One of my favorite fun-intense games to own/play. I get the luxury of playing my pro at home or an LE on location close to my work love both versions for different reasons.

#6919 5 years ago

I honestly don't think the theme integration is the best for a star wars pin but the gameplay is fantastic!

#6920 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Yes this is my favorite pin right now, its so fast paced. It makes me sweat. Ive played that destroy the death store mode 100 times, and only have destroyed it once! I dont know what Im doing wrong. I can get to it, but then I loose two balls and that whole thing is over! Definitely one of the most intense games out there right now.

#6921 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Yes this is my favorite pin right now, its so fast paced. It makes me sweat. Ive played that destroy the death store mode 100 times, and only have destroyed it once! I dont know what Im doing wrong. I can get to it, but then I loose two balls and that whole thing is over! Definitely one of the most intense games out there right now.

Not sure if you do this, but it helps:
Try banking an add a ball. So basically do one of the other planet mb’s First, qualify the add a ball, and don’t use the add a ball. Then, during destroy the Death Star mb; qualify it’s add a ball and you’ll have 2 add a balls.

It also helps doing this as Luke as it’ll be a 4 ball mb rather than a 2 with Han or R2. And I think Leia is a 3-ball for that mode.

#6922 5 years ago
Quoted from J-Freeze:

I honestly don't think the theme integration is the best for a star wars pin but the gameplay is fantastic!

I agree about integration. Turning mode stacking off does help bring some of the integration to life though.

#6923 5 years ago

Played it on location today again and I'm really enjoying it. I think it helps not having played a ton of pins so I'm still kind of in awe of Steve Ritchie flow and the layout seems new to me. My one concern about owning it is that it might be too intense for my wife. At this point she prefers BM66 to our TNA (outside of co-op mode) in part because of the intensity of TNA (she also has this weird fixation with the "you failed" at the end of TNA).

#6924 5 years ago

I had this on my wish list and then removed it after reading a lot of bad reviews on it, especially surrounding the death star fork ramp and how horrible it was and rejected shots for no reason etc. But my wife and I played one that Zach from Flip N Out had set up at the MGC show this weekend and we had to have it. The fork ramp is a difficult shot, but works like butter every time I hit it. We really liked it, so I brought it home with me.

#6925 5 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

Played it on location today again and I'm really enjoying it. I think it helps not having played a ton of pins so I'm still kind of in awe of Steve Ritchie flow and the layout seems new to me. My one concern about owning it is that it might be too intense for my wife. At this point she prefers BM66 to our TNA (outside of co-op mode) in part because of the intensity of TNA (she also has this weird fixation with the "you failed" at the end of TNA).

SW and TNA definitely have a similar crazy intensity to them that few games match

#6926 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

I had this on my wish list and then removed it after reading a lot of bad reviews on it, especially surrounding the death star fork ramp and how horrible it was and rejected shots for no reason etc. But my wife and I played one that Zach from Flip N Out had set up at the MGC show this weekend and we had to have it. The fork ramp is a difficult shot, but works like butter every time I hit it. We really liked it, so I brought it home with me.

Man you’re just going crazy buying new pins all the time aren’t you.

#6927 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

SW and TNA definitely have a similar crazy intensity to them that few games match

Yeah, I think that's part of why I like Star Wars. Maybe it's best to keep Star Wars as the game I get if I ever rotate TNA out.

#6928 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Man you’re just going crazy buying new pins all the time aren’t you.

Can't help it, we want them all :p

#6929 5 years ago

Joined the club yesterday. This is such a fast and fun game!

IMG_4234 (resized).JPGIMG_4234 (resized).JPGIMG_4232 (resized).JPGIMG_4232 (resized).JPGIMG_4231 (resized).JPGIMG_4231 (resized).JPG
#6930 5 years ago

I really like playing this game. It makes me want to come back and play another game type of pinball machine. The only issue I have with the game is the light saber mode. I thought Revenge From Mars was dark. The light show is awesome, but without buying a set of Pin Stadium lighting, the ball is so hard to follow.

#6931 5 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Joined the club yesterday. This is such a fast and fun game!
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You are missing a topper.

#6932 5 years ago

Figured I’d post in here. Have a really nice HUO GOTLE I’ve had since new that has color DMD, several tasteful mods and is in excellent condition. Have it listed in market now. Interested in SW prem/LE. PM me if interested in talking trade.

#6933 5 years ago
Quoted from Behnendl:

You are missing a topper.

My brother who knows nothing about pinball said the same thing when he came over. I hope my wait is not as long ........

#6934 5 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

My brother who knows nothing about pinball said the same thing when he came over. I hope my wait is not as long ........

Stumbled upon Hallmark's topper for the Christmas Tree. Pretty neat, perhaps even better than the one I ordered.

#6935 5 years ago

After watching some guys posting that they made it to Battle the Emperor on three ball-I started thinking I really suck at pinball. I am barely able to blow up the Death Star, let alone complete all of the other modes. I have my machine on five ball and still have my out lanes wide open, but I felt like I would never progress enough to see the wizard mode. So about a month ago during a snow blizzard I decided to take the glass off and see what it is all about. I never have done this before because I like to try and get to the wizard mode on my own merit. Well I was bored and curious-so I did it. The Battle of the Emperor is amazing! I thought the blowing up Death Star was cool, but the Emperor mode is super bad ass. The sounds and lights change over to sound like electricity flowing and the GI's turn blue and highlight plastics that I never noticed before. Out of all the modes-Escape from Hoth seemed like the most difficult one to accomplish. I was worried if I explored the wizard mode with the glass off it might spoil the game for me, but it made me want to try and play better-to actually get there one day. I flippin love this game!

#6936 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

After watching some guys posting that they made it to Battle the Emperor on three ball-I started thinking I really suck at pinball. I am barely able to blow up the Death Star, let alone complete all of the other modes. I have my machine on five ball and still have my out lanes wide open, but I felt like I would never progress enough to see the wizard mode. So about a month ago during a snow blizzard I decided to take the glass off and see what it is all about. I never have done this before because I like to try and get to the wizard mode on my own merit. Well I was bored and curious-so I did it. The Battle of the Emperor is amazing! I thought the blowing up Death Star was cool, but the Emperor mode is super bad ass. The sounds and lights change over to sound like electricity flowing and the GI's turn blue and highlight plastics that I never noticed before. Out of all the modes-Escape from Hoth seemed like the most difficult one to accomplish. I was worried if I explored the wizard mode with the glass off it might spoil the game for me, but it made me want to try and play better-to actually get there one day. I flippin love this game!

A highly motivated person can do anything...and you sound motivated good luck on your adventure. This game is just fun glad I came to my senses and kept it.

#6937 5 years ago

Closing up the outlanes made the game way more fun for me. It is very drainy.

#6938 5 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

A highly motivated person can do anything...and you sound motivated good luck on your adventure. This game is just fun glad I came to my senses and kept it.

Yes me too! I was about to sell it because I thought it was a horrible game.. but no way jose!

#6939 5 years ago

This is a SW premium on 6,5 degrees.
With the bubble between the lines, it is 4 degrees.

The game is faster but it is easier to stop the ball on the flippers and there is less straight down the middle by launching the ball or by the scoop

EB72A4DD-B9BC-474C-A87F-2C846A7E07FD (resized).jpegEB72A4DD-B9BC-474C-A87F-2C846A7E07FD (resized).jpeg
#6940 5 years ago
Quoted from Mnluz:

This is a SW premium on 6,5 degrees.
With the bubble between the lines, it is 4 degrees.
The game is faster but it is easier to stop the ball on the flippers and there is less straight down the middle by launching the ball or by the scoop
[quoted image]

Where are you measuring 6.5 degrees? Using a digital level and measuring between the slings, I have 6.5 degrees but my bubble barely touches the top line, with the rest of the bubble between the lines. I don't think I've ever had a bubble sit that high and I've had some machines up to 7.2 degrees.

#6941 5 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Where are you measuring 6.5 degrees? Using a digital level and measuring between the slings, I have 6.5 degrees but my bubble barely touches the top line, with the rest of the bubble between the lines. I don't think I've ever had a bubble sit that high and I've had some machines up to 7.2 degrees.

Ignore the installed bubble level. They are notoriously inaccurate from one machine to the next.

#6942 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Ignore the installed bubble level. They are notoriously inaccurate from one machine to the next.

I'm curious is someone offers a digital micro-level for pins (perhaps mount in the same location and powered by pin). It would be great if it showed deviations front-to-back and side-to-side.

#6943 5 years ago
Quoted from RockfordReplay:

I'm curious is someone offers a digital micro-level for pins (perhaps mount in the same location and powered by pin). It would be great if it showed deviations front-to-back and side-to-side.

Of all the random mods out there it's surprising that no one has ever come up with some way of mounting a few leveling devices in the corners of the playfield to constantly and instantly indicate the slope left/right grade.

#6944 5 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

I took several measures around the play field, triple checked, used two different Phones . I guess there are so many things that could change from one machine to another that it is better not to have the bubble level as everyone nowadays can use a phone or other device to correctly set it up.

I was getting lots of air balls, got the machine from a friend with 320 plays and it has so many marks of balls on the playfeld. If the angle was right probably it would take 3.000 plays to look the way it is right now.

Death star shot is more reliable and there are less STDM balls from the scoop (there is still room for adjustment and improvement) and i can now stop the ball at the flippers so much easier. It is definitely better and playing the way it should.... bubble level is very inaccurate, stern can save costs right there

#6945 5 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

Lesson learned, too bad the playfiled is now looking like it took airballs from 3.000 plays instead of 300

#6946 5 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Of all the random mods out there it's surprising that no one has ever come up with some way of mounting a few leveling devices in the corners of the playfield to constantly and instantly indicate the slope left/right grade.

using a smart phone is already a great improvement over the bubble level

#6947 5 years ago
Quoted from Mnluz:

using a smart phone is already a great improvement over the bubble level

Get a digital level. Any time I used a phone app, it was inaccurate compared to my digital level. Maybe because my phone was curved a bit.

#6948 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Planning on picking up a pro. Have watched your guys Star Wars videos multiple times. Great stuff!

I am going to be at the Allentown show in a couple weeks. I have a pro for sale I coild bring. You wouldnt be disapointed with the condition. https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/77660

#6949 5 years ago
Quoted from Jasontaps:

I am going to be at the Allentown show in a couple weeks. I have a pro for sale I coild bring. You wouldnt be disapointed with the condition. https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/77660

Thanks for the offer . Looks nice with a good price. Unfortunately I will not be attending.

#6950 5 years ago

I am new to the game. Can someone explain to me how the hyperspace loop works? I have got it to work but it is always just one ball that goes around. I hear people talking about getting 2 or 3 balls but I never have that many in play? Not sure how the mode is activated or works.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
Machine - For Sale
Portland, OR
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,065 posts in this topic. You are on page 139 of 302.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/139?hl=rasavage and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.