• Pro 106 votes
    26%
  • Premium 165 votes
    40%
  • LE 142 votes
    34%

(413 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 991 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

EA95AAF0-E07C-4C5B-85E5-590B6D8FC0DE (resized).jpeg
9B57542C-DE47-4A81-A17D-E594F7EDC881 (resized).jpeg
38671EB7-DF18-4BC1-8416-B1CC0F3DFD22 (resized).jpeg
78D796D2-3C17-4D96-8840-E3B592BCF5D1 (resized).jpeg
ABFE7B52-4143-4F31-9B01-034ED3AE876E (resized).jpeg
57421963740__38E9B9B6-87EF-4843-9C68-A3627B3482F9 (resized).jpeg
B56A2706-88CE-4479-921E-9CB054D8D0FC (resized).jpeg
X-Men LE (resized).jpg
20190313_060902 (resized).jpg
20190313_060917 (resized).jpg
20190313_060856 (resized).jpg
sw (resized).jpg
02a72cb6c5d082c3f123b3345c1198b7221d3af5 (resized).jpg
A9BB2549-C356-4AEB-995D-E102BCE73F59 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3478 (002) (resized).jpg
20190303_144845 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6769 posts in this topic. You are on page 135 of 136.
#6701 6 days ago

Anybody know how to re-light escape(right outlane)? I know that it is occasionally one of the choose your path choices. I am assuming there is a way to earn it though.

#6702 6 days ago
Quoted from PlayPin:

Anybody know how to re-light escape(right outlane)? I know that it is occasionally one of the choose your path choices. I am assuming there is a way to earn it though.

I think it's one of the drop target awards

#6703 6 days ago

FORCE Drop Targets: Each completion of the 5-bank drop targets during non-mode play scores a different award. The awards are as follows:

“F” - Light Mystery (at the right scoop)

“O” - Light Escape (ball save at the right outlane)

“R” - Light Video Mode (at the right loop)

“C” - Doubled Multipliers (times out if your overall multiplier does as well)

“E” - Light Lightsaber Duel (at the left ramp)2nd set of drops lights the "O" and Escape is the award.

#6704 5 days ago

Just ordered my PDI glass... This machine with mirror blades is super bright and crazy reflective!!!!

#6705 5 days ago

I bought my first pin yesterday- a gently used Star Wars Premium. I'm really digging everything about this game. I've put in about 40 games or so and got to the final Death Star mission twice with R2D2. My ball times are starting to get a lot longer as I'm controlling the ball vs smacking it around at all the flashing lights. Contrary to what a lot of people are saying about the premium Death Star shot, I'm finding it to not be so bad. I actually find it's easier to hit from the left flipper instead of the right. Maybe it's because I'm still trying to find the angles and the left shot is more aligned with the ramp. And that hyperspace rail around the top... it's so satisfying to watch that I wish it went around a few more times for fun! Well, that's it for now... I have a lot of pages to read and this Death Star to destroy. The fate of the galaxy rests in my hands!

And no the ceiling of my game room isn't THAT low... just where the vent runs through. It's not very cramped when you step back and look at it.

57421963740__38E9B9B6-87EF-4843-9C68-A3627B3482F9 (resized).jpeg
#6706 5 days ago
Quoted from stenbough:

I bought my first pin yesterday- a gently used Star Wars Premium. I'm really digging everything about this game. I've put in about 40 games or so and got to the final Death Star mission twice with R2D2. My ball times are starting to get a lot longer as I'm controlling the ball vs smacking it around at all the flashing lights. Contrary to what a lot of people are saying about the premium Death Star shot, I'm finding it to not be so bad. I actually find it's easier to hit from the left flipper instead of the right. Maybe it's because I'm still trying to find the angles and the left shot is more aligned with the ramp. And that hyperspace rail around the top... it's so satisfying to watch that I wish it went around a few more times for fun! Well, that's it for now... I have a lot of pages to read and this Death Star to destroy. The fate of the galaxy rests in my hands!
And no the ceiling of my game room isn't THAT low... just where the vent runs through. It's not very cramped when you step back and look at it.
[quoted image]

Congratulations on the premium. A great choice I think. I am putting some new mods in mine at the moment but I think I will post a few photos when I get done(It's pretty pimped out with upgrades & mods). I still need to get a digital level to adjust playfield angle. I can't make the D.S. with left flipper. I think mine is too steep.

Quoted from tktlwyr:

FORCE Drop Targets: Each completion of the 5-bank drop targets during non-mode play scores a different award. The awards are as follows:
“F” - Light Mystery (at the right scoop)
“O” - Light Escape (ball save at the right outlane)
“R” - Light Video Mode (at the right loop)
“C” - Doubled Multipliers (times out if your overall multiplier does as well)
“E” - Light Lightsaber Duel (at the left ramp)2nd set of drops lights the "O" and Escape is the award.

Thank you so much for this information! I have had this game a year and somehow managed to not figure out how to light escape.

#6707 5 days ago
Quoted from stenbough:

[quoted image]

Congrats !!! I’m a huge fan of the “gently used” purchase. The hobby is pretty saturated with buyers and manufacturers so there are tons of quick turns. As long as the hobby has a nice selection of “gently used” inventory ... I won’t be buying NIB for a long time.

Kinda wish I’d picked up a premium... maybe some day I’ll sell my pro and upgrade.

#6708 5 days ago
Quoted from PlayPin:

Congratulations on the premium. A great choice I think. I am putting some new mods in mine at the moment but I think I will post a few photos when I get done(It's pretty pimped out with upgrades & mods). I still need to get a digital level to adjust playfield angle. I can't make the D.S. with left flipper. I think mine is too steep.

I think the iPhone has an app to tell pitch. Might be worth looking into for a quick fix.

Quoted from Ricochet:

Congrats !!! I’m a huge fan of the “gently used” purchase. The hobby is pretty saturated with buyers and manufacturers so there are tons of quick turns. As long as the hobby has a nice selection of “gently used” inventory ... I won’t be buying NIB for a long time.
Kinda wish I’d picked up a premium... maybe some day I’ll sell my pro and upgrade.

Yeh! This machine was built October 2018 and I got it for less than new. I went back and forth about the pro and premium. Reading complaints about the Death Star ramp and hyperspace issues made me nervous. I’m glad I didn’t let that sway my decision because it really is fun to watch.

#6709 5 days ago
Quoted from PlayPin:

Thank you so much for this information! I have had this game a year and somehow managed to not figure out how to light escape.

Angle Cube is the only way to go! Works great with table saw blade alignment as well.

amazon.com link »

#6710 5 days ago

That's the Pro translite, BTW. Enjoy the machine!

#6711 5 days ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

That's the Pro translite, BTW. Enjoy the machine!

I got both the pro and premium translite with the purchase. I personally think the pro looks better. The original owner even had the pro translite signed by Steve Richie.

#6712 5 days ago
Quoted from stenbough:

I got both the pro and premium translite with the purchase. I personally think the pro looks better. The original owner even had the pro translite signed by Steve Richie.

Way cool.

#6713 5 days ago
Quoted from stenbough:

Any interest in selling the premium trans? If so, shoot me a pm.

#6714 4 days ago

Totally stoked opening NIB and 2nd ball of 2nd game this happens. I've not really played this game and at first thought it was part of the game like the exploding Death Star, lol.

Anyway after inspecting tie fighter the wing seems about as durable as a potato chip. Has anyone come up with a more durable tie fighter swap out? Looks pretty straight forward. Thanks.

78D796D2-3C17-4D96-8840-E3B592BCF5D1 (resized).jpegABFE7B52-4143-4F31-9B01-034ED3AE876E (resized).jpeg

#6715 4 days ago

Anyone ever routinely choose Luke. I have started using him lately for something different to do. Fun to try to develop a new strategy. I'm pretty much an R2D2/Han guy. Can't play Leah because my daughter doesn't want me to remove her "Leah Champion".

#6716 4 days ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Anyone ever routinely choose Luke. I have started using him lately for something different to do. Fun to try to develop a new strategy. I'm pretty much an R2D2/Han guy. Can't play Leah because my daughter doesn't want me to remove her "Leah Champion".

Luke is my go to. I love him for 2 reasons; available missions and LSD scoring.

First, missions. I start with Tatooine lit and quickly light Endor and Hoth. I then do Tatooine 2 solo, 2 shots > right ramp then Death Star which also cashes in hyperspace.

Then, if I’m still on ball 1 I may try to light Death Star. Otherwise, my next mission is stacked with Tatooine 3 and Endor 2. Both these missions are focused on ramps with Tatooine 3 cashing n on the 3-bank. This stack does a multitude of things. 1. Left/right ramp combos to progress Endor 2 and prepare my hyperspace 2 hurry up. 2. I build up my multipliers with Tatooine 3 mission. And lastly, this will get my Tatooine multiball ready.

Next, if I’m not on ball 3 and I have a hyperspace or tie fighter multiball ready, I’ll stack Hoth 2 (I think it’s hoth 2 the one vs Vader) and Endor 1. Then I start multiball. When I come out of this multiball and missions I’ll be at 20x (or 40x) with 3 planet multiballs ready.

I’ll do Endor mb first, load the add a ball but bank it (i.e. don’t use it at all and save it for my Hoth multiball). Then 4 shots to destroy the Death Star.

Next I’ll do Hoth multiball with 2 add a balls. Then Tatooine multiball.

Somewhere in there I would have started LSD; and typically it’s after a multiball with a 40x running and that’s where you can get some serious Luke points if you can play LSD and the multiplier.

Typically, I will somehow get Death Star missions lit before completing Hoth missions and try to get those done before Hoth and save Hoth for the final planet multiball as I can use that shot safely to start Death Star missions/multiball.

#6717 4 days ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Totally stoked opening NIB and 2nd ball of 2nd game this happens. I've not really played this game and at first thought it was part of the game like the exploding Death Star, lol.
Anyway after inspecting tie fighter the wing seems about as durable as a potato chip. Has anyone come up with a more durable tie fighter swap out? Looks pretty straight forward. Thanks.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I installed this plastic to prevent those airballs:

https://mezelmods.com/products/star-wars-pinball-airball-protector?variant=5941824192541

Seems that the version for premium/le is currently out of stock.

Manufacturer is Pinball Universe in Germany. I dont know, if they ship directly to the US.

#6718 4 days ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Happened to me, new fighter is $70.

#6719 4 days ago

It didn't even feel like an air ball. No way I pay $70 for the same Tie Fighter. I might see what others are out there. If I can find the center part of the plastic I will super glue it for now. That wing is way to brittle.

I will look into the air ball plastic. Thanks. No clue I needed it

#6720 4 days ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

It didn't even feel like an air ball. No way I pay $70 for the same Tie Fighter. I might see what others are out there. If I can find the center part of the plastic I will super glue it for now. That wing is way to brittle.
I will look into the air ball plastic. Thanks. No clue I needed it

Maybe Stern or Distributor will cover it?

#6721 4 days ago

Getting there ... it’s pretty exciting when you get through the missions!!!

38671EB7-DF18-4BC1-8416-B1CC0F3DFD22 (resized).jpeg
#6722 4 days ago
Quoted from Toasterdog:

Wow, that’s too bad. I haven’t really messed around inside the glass but I can’t believe it’s that brittle. Seems like something Stern should cover with so little plays on a NIB game. Good luck.

Quoted from Demwyn:

I installed this plastic to prevent those airballs:
https://mezelmods.com/products/star-wars-pinball-airball-protector?variant=5941824192541
Seems that the version for premium/le is currently out of stock.
Manufacturer is Pinball Universe in Germany. I dont know, if they ship directly to the US.

Thanks for this. It’s going to be my next mod when they get it back in stock.

#6723 4 days ago
Quoted from stenbough:

I haven’t really messed around inside the glass but I can’t believe it’s that brittle

Happened to one of the local ones on location after a few days too.

meanwhile mine has taken multiple direct hits from balls and is still fine. Maybe a bad batch or something?

#6724 4 days ago

Seems like that could be repaired with some UV glue. I've had good luck with "Bondic".

#6725 3 days ago
Quoted from John_I:

Seems like that could be repaired with some UV glue. I've had good luck with "Bondic".

^ 2nd that. Give Bondic a try.

#6726 3 days ago

Can someone that has a Premium/LE tell me where your ball rolls to once the deathstar releases it? I am talking about as an example when you hit it into the deathstar and it holds it while you select a mission. Then it releases it back down the fork ramp. On mine, it is perfectly down the middle every time. I have found that I have to shake the machine while it is releasing it to keep that from happening. Not sure what I need to adjust but wanted to know where it was designed to drop the ball to. I am going to guess that it should be to the left flipper.

#6727 3 days ago
Quoted from woodmedic:

Not sure what I need to adjust but wanted to know where it was designed to drop the ball to. I am going to guess that it should be to the left flipper.

left slingshot on mine. but barely. i sometimes hits hard enough to trigger it, sometmes not. it'S managemable though

#6728 3 days ago
Quoted from Sprudeldudel:

left slingshot on mine. but barely. i sometimes hits hard enough to trigger it, sometmes not. it'S managemable though

Thanks for the info!

#6729 3 days ago
Quoted from woodmedic:

Can someone that has a Premium/LE tell me where your ball rolls to once the deathstar releases it? I am talking about as an example when you hit it into the deathstar and it holds it while you select a mission. Then it releases it back down the fork ramp. On mine, it is perfectly down the middle every time. I have found that I have to shake the machine while it is releasing it to keep that from happening. Not sure what I need to adjust but wanted to know where it was designed to drop the ball to. I am going to guess that it should be to the left flipper.

One the one on location here it usually goes to the left flipper, occasionally left sling

#6730 3 days ago

This is my first sheet of PDI glass I’ve ever purchased... I’m blown away by how great this looks!!!

9B57542C-DE47-4A81-A17D-E594F7EDC881 (resized).jpeg
#6731 3 days ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

This is my first sheet of PDI glass I’ve ever purchased... I’m blown away by how great this looks!!![quoted image]

I started with just one, then every pin had to have one....

#6732 3 days ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

I started with just one, then every pin had to have one....

Just curious... Do you guys order direct from PDI, or have you found a distributor here in the US? It looks fantastic!

#6733 3 days ago
Quoted from MacJedi:

Just curious... Do you guys order direct from PDI, or have you found a distributor here in the US? It looks fantastic!

Got mine from Joey at pinballdecals.com

#6734 3 days ago
Quoted from MacJedi:

I was lucky enough to have a local collector who was getting rid of some so I picked up everything he had available. He did get his from Joey though. With what they cost here VS there, it made me think it would be better to just order a pallet full and have them shipped here for me and my local friends who needed some.

#6735 3 days ago
Quoted from woodmedic:

I simply have my right back leg (facing the machine) up slightly higher to divert the ball to the left flipper. Just a turn higher & this should solve your problem. Don't want to go too far up on that back leg, for this will throw the whole playfield off & unleveled.

#6736 3 days ago

below

#6737 3 days ago
Quoted from HeadRush:

I've been on low coil pulse power for a week or so in hopes of reducing the number of the dreaded left outlane drains (maybe a small difference) and I noticed that during that time I didn't have any timing issues with the hypersloop gate opening too late. However, today I decided to try the coil pulse power on hard and immediately had a hyperloop gate timing issue which caused the ball to fly into the shooter lane. When set to normal pulse power I had occasional issues, so it seems that the coil pulse power setting on low is a fix for now until this is resolved in the code.

do you mean when the ball is diverted to the right flipper, or does it fly off the hyperloop?
I'm having an issue where the ball is coming out the hyperloop and hitting the rail and either going into the shooter lane or outlane.
doesn't happen everytime, but at least 50%. Even the times it doesn't, you can tell the ball wants to jump the rail.

Would of thought they would of coded it so maybe only one of the four coils is energized on exit, but it exits the hyperloop with some speed.

#6738 3 days ago

Opened the outlanes and gave the pf a good wipedown. That may have been a mistake haha...

EA95AAF0-E07C-4C5B-85E5-590B6D8FC0DE (resized).jpeg

Half a dozen games later and I was able to get into an Adrenalin groove and got a few 5 bil games. 1 EB allowed per game via 100 tie fighters, open outlanes, extra hard hyperspace mb...lookout! Your ball hairs gonna stand up like no other. Such a fun, Adrenalin filled game.

I played as all 4 characters tonight but really had a good time with Leia and Han. Han is really good for the complainers out there who despise LSD as a cock block mode; Han really can let you get to 2-3 planet multiballs before playing it. That is, in Boba Fett doesn’t cock block you haha.

#6739 2 days ago

I’m actually digging R2 at the moment.... I was playing Han, Luke and Leia a bunch ... but R2 is killing it for me right now!

#6740 2 days ago
Quoted from Ricochet:

but R2 is killing it for me right now

I try to play at least four games per day, one for each "hero." It mixes it up a bit.

#6741 1 day ago

Does anyone think we can do this to a SW?

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/converting-taf-flippers-from-leaf-switch-to-optical-boards

I actually think it can be done, if the opto boards get their power and +12V from an external power supply or somehow directly from the main psu. Ultimately, once opwered the optos do nthing but close and opena switch, so it should work...

Opinion anyone?

#6742 1 day ago
Quoted from Sprudeldudel:

Does anyone think we can do this to a SW?
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/converting-taf-flippers-from-leaf-switch-to-optical-boards
I actually think it can be done, if the opto boards get their power and +12V from an external power supply or somehow directly from the main psu. Ultimately, once opwered the optos do nthing but close and opena switch, so it should work...
Opinion anyone?

Is there a reaso why would you want to do this?

#6743 1 day ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

Yeah usually I'd want to specifically do the opposite, if anything...

#6744 1 day ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

Yes, to have consistent sring force on the flipper buttons - but that that's not really what I wanted to discuss here I'm more interested in the HOW.

#6745 1 day ago

Hi all, i need your help !

My Sw stop completely during a game. Node 8 9 10 and 11 are not responding. 2 minutes later in the diagnostic menu, the nodes start again.... i do a new game and same problems.

Do you have an idea ?

Thanks ;o(

#6746 1 day ago

Hummm when i just shoot the tie fighter target, the game stop with this error 8 9 10 11 node not responding...

#6747 1 day ago

Ok find the problem. My Rj cable is cutten...

This is a simple rj45 cable ?

#6748 1 day ago
Quoted from Yfichelle:

Ok find the problem. My Rj cable is cutten...
This is a simple rj45 cable ?

Yes.

#6749 1 day ago

Thinking of picking up a pro. Any issues with cabniet separation ?

#6750 1 day ago

Anyone else think Han's "I think were in trouble" call out is too loud / distorted?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 5,799.99
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball
$ 15.00
Lighting - Led
3D MODS
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Orlando, FL
6,850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Bismarck, ND
Machine - For Sale
Fullerton, CA
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Great American Pinball
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 50.00
$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple
Machine - For Sale
Milford, CT
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 24.25
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple
$ 14.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Metalhead Pinball
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Operation Pinball
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6769 posts in this topic. You are on page 135 of 136.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside