IMG_8600 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6632 (resized).jpeg
sw1 (resized).JPEG
sw2 (resized).JPEG
sw3 (resized).JPEG
sw4 (resized).JPEG

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,046 posts in this topic. You are on page 134 of 301.
#6651 5 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Now try it with the glass on. Also, your death star needs adjustment.

I have nothing to prove you know... im 45 yo so im not a kid... i love pinball, and i love so much that for me, i do everything to play the more properly.

But its like that. I have finished it after around 200 games... but, i have not finished the final of hoth and tattooine. So the pinball stay challenging for me. And i will try to complete the 4 wizards.

#6652 5 years ago
Quoted from Yfichelle:

I have nothing to prove you know... im 45 yo so im not a kid... i love pinball, and i love so much that for me, i do everything to play the more properly.
But its like that. I have finished it after around 200 games... but, i have not finished the final of hoth and tattooine. So the pinball stay challenging for me. And i will try to complete the 4 wizards.

That’s the cool thing about this pin if you defeated the Emperor with one hero you can now move on to a different one for a different adventure.... have fun and don’t forget to try and load the hyper loop with 4+ balls.

#6653 5 years ago

I just don't see how it is possible with the outlanes set to stock and 3 ball. It is a drain monster.

#6654 5 years ago

In the first week, i have admitted that this pin i a drain munster. I have read this forum from the page 1 to here and i have learned some interesting things... and the results of my high score :
- i have adjusted my shooter lane with the screw under the plastic... and wow, no more drain at the start.
- i have put classic rubber on the 2 flips (silicone has clearly less precision in the shots). Same on the outlane post.
- i never shoot the 3-bank except with the left flipper
- i just search the 40x multiplicator when i am at around 30x, and i launch the hyperspace or the videogame (950 millions is my record for the video game).

Juste one question :
sometimes, i put 2 balls in the hyperspace ramps and im waiting but the pin dont give me other balls... i must wait that the 2 balls are descending of the ramps... dont understand why ?

#6655 5 years ago
Quoted from Yfichelle:

Juste one question :
sometimes, i put 2 balls in the hyperspace ramps and im waiting but the pin dont give me other balls... i must wait that the 2 balls are descending of the ramps... dont understand why ?

Seems to be a bug or something.

Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

I just don't see how it is possible with the outlanes set to stock and 3 ball. It is a drain monster.

Learn to nudge? I've gotten close to the emperor even with a medium tilt, no ball save, and no outlane runners

#6656 5 years ago

Oddity...I was randomly pressing the flipper buttons duting attract mode and all of a sudden the screen said something like "Competition Mode Ready - Press Start" then a countdown from 5 in the corner. C-3PO said something like "You can't go in there, that's forbidden."

I wasn't able to reproduce it. Any idea what I stumbled upon?

#6657 5 years ago
Quoted from pudealee:

Oddity...I was randomly pressing the flipper buttons duting attract mode and all of a sudden the screen said something like "Competition Mode Ready - Press Start" then a countdown from 5 in the corner. C-3PO said something like "You can't go in there, that's forbidden."
I wasn't able to reproduce it. Any idea what I stumbled upon?

Nothing top secret. Holding one of the flippers buttons down during attract mode will give you the option to start competition mode, which essentially makes all of the seemly random mystery awards deterministic. The callout you heard was totally random and a bunch of them can be occasionally triggered in attract mode by hitting flipper buttons.

However, there are a couple other flipper button combinations you can do in attract mode that are sort of Easter eggs. You can google them easy enough, and I am sure they are buried in this thread somewhere as well.

#6658 5 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

However, there are a couple other flipper button combinations you can do in attract mode that are sort of Easter eggs. You can google them easy enough, and I am sure they are buried in this thread somewhere as well.

In case you know them, it would be cool to share. The only one I know is deadflip's code.
"L&R L-L-L-L R L-L-L-L-L R L R-R"

#6659 5 years ago

The most recent Stern of the Union communication didn't offer up any real "new" topper news. Same ol' same ol' - it's approved...blah blah..

#6660 5 years ago

My bottom left spotlight led keeps coming loose. Doesn't fall out, just becomes loose enough to not work. I can pop it back in, but after 1 ball, will be out again. What is the best fix? Hot glue or replace with a new/different LED?

#6661 5 years ago

I had the same thing happen to my bottom right spotlight, this fix described in this thread did the trick: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fixing-led-bulbs-flashers-that-fall-out-of-spotlights#post-4402506

#6662 5 years ago
Quoted from pudealee:

The most recent Stern of the Union communication didn't offer up any real "new" topper news. Same ol' same ol' - it's approved...blah blah..

Topper is April

#6663 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

My bottom left spotlight led keeps coming loose. Doesn't fall out, just becomes loose enough to not work. I can pop it back in, but after 1 ball, will be out again. What is the best fix? Hot glue or replace with a new/different LED?

Does it have the retaining clip installed?

#6664 5 years ago

Got my NIB Star Wars Pro last Friday, am loving it! The flow is excellent and when you learn the shots and catching the ball it is a manageable game despite some of the bad reviews I've read. Got to and beat the emperor, but was too damn nervous to stop and take a picture. I think the light shows, especially during lightsaber duel and emperor, are what makes this machine such a great experience that will keep drawing me back.

IMG_3478 (002) (resized).jpgIMG_3478 (002) (resized).jpg

#6665 5 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

Got my NIB Star Wars Pro last Friday, am loving it! The flow is excellent and when you learn the shots and catching the ball it is a manageable game despite some of the bad reviews I've read. Got to and beat the emperor, but was too damn nervous to stop and take a picture. I think the light shows, especially during lightsaber duel and emperor, are what makes this machine such a great experience that will keep drawing me back.
[quoted image]

I’ve owned the game since it launched and have yet to get to the emporer. I need a pinball coach!

#6666 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I’ve owned the game since it launched and have yet to get to the emporer. I need a pinball coach!

Well I'm single, non-social, and play a lot every night . Has the game changed a lot with code updates from release?

#6667 5 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

Well I'm single, non-social, and play a lot every night . Has the game changed a lot with code updates from release?

It has. When it launched there was no video mode and no lightsaber duel.

Honestly I wish I could reduce the frequency of video mode! It drives me crazy now.

#6668 5 years ago

I've had it 6 days and wish I could reduce the video mode. I think you can decrease the duration of it in the adjustment settings.

#6669 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

It has. When it launched there was no video mode and no lightsaber duel.
Honestly I wish I could reduce the frequency of video mode! It drives me crazy now.

Really? My two most disliked modes. Would there be any harm in rolling back?

#6670 5 years ago

I wouldn't think so, it would just shorten the duration of it, which would result in less scoring potential I guess. But damn it shakes the hell out of my shaker motor and is annoying.

#6671 5 years ago

Why did you guys install a shaker motor if you don't like it when the game shakes?

#6672 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Why did you guys install a shaker motor if you don't like it when the game shakes?

Mostly it is fine, the endgame and asteroid shakes are particularly violent. Obviously we expect shaking after installing a shaker.

#6673 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Mostly it is fine, the endgame and asteroid shakes are particularly violent. Obviously we expect shaking after installing a shaker.

I like the shaker effects. If my ship got hit by an asteroid or the Death Star blew me up (end game animation), I would hope it should shake pretty aggressively!

#6674 5 years ago

I agree the shaker motor is perfect in Star Wars, except during video mode, just my opinion though.

#6675 5 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

I've had it 6 days and wish I could reduce the video mode. I think you can decrease the duration of it in the adjustment settings.

There's your in incentive to play better. If you don't hit asteroids, it doesnt shake at all

#6676 5 years ago

Joined the club tonight... only had time for one game. Very excited to be in the galaxy !!!

A9BB2549-C356-4AEB-995D-E102BCE73F59 (resized).jpegA9BB2549-C356-4AEB-995D-E102BCE73F59 (resized).jpeg
#6677 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

There's your in incentive to play better. If you don't hit asteroids, it doesnt shake at all

I’m with this guy, how many asteroids are you hitting per run? If it’s more than 1or 2, probably a sign you’re too drunk to be playing anyhow.

#6678 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I’m with this guy, how many asteroids are you hitting per run? If it’s more than 1or 2, probably a sign you’re too drunk to be playing anyhow.

A lot since I tend to just check my email or something while the mode runs if I get it at below 10x

#6679 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I've never had a clean run. Probably because I don't like video modes and I have never really tried. It's just 15 seconds of intermission before getting back to playing pinball.

#6680 5 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I've never had a clean run. Probably because I don't like video modes and I have never really tried. It's just 15 seconds of intermission before getting back to playing pinball.

I have gotten almost a billion on a level 2 40X video mode. It is pretty lucrative.

#6681 5 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Even as someone who usually likes video modes... it's not a very good video mode. If I've got 20x going I'll at least try but besides from the points it doesn't matter at all anyway. Other modes in this game you actually have to do good to pass them, not just time it out

#6682 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Even as someone who usually likes video modes... it's not a very good video mode. If I've got 20x going I'll at least try but besides from the points it doesn't matter at all anyway. Other modes in this game you actually have to do good to pass them, not just time it out

I like it. It's a throwback to retro gaming. Gyruss is the game it pays homage to.

#6683 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I like it. It's a throwback to retro gaming. Gyruss is the game it pays homage to.

It would be cool if ya could shoot too

#6684 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I think you could very very early code. Prerelease code. CrazyLevi played one in London early on with a different video mode. I think Disney rejected it since it since the Falcon doesn't shoot during that scene.

#6685 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

YES!!!!!!

#6686 5 years ago

Haven't looked at the ratings on S.W. for awhile. It's already down to 33! I wonder if it's going to fall completely off the top 100? I think its a hugely under appreciated game.

#6687 5 years ago
Quoted from PlayPin:

I think its a hugely under appreciated game.

It is, because you actually have to get into it. Since I'm not looking to sell it and can't imagine that will change, I'm happy about the drop though because it means prices will drop and more people will be able to have one and discover it

#6688 5 years ago

I've had this game for about a week... I've put about 50 or so games on it.

I'm super satisfied with this title. I am a Star Wars nut (that helps) but that alone isn't enough to keep me interested. I like the fact that this game is really fast. I've found that fast games appeal to me more and consequently I also like loop shots and this one has lots of both.

It is a complicated game. I was playing with my friend and he was like "what are my goals here?". We just came off of playing a ton Monster Bash and hadn't spent too much time to understand the mechanics of this game... learning the mechanics of Star Wars is light-years more complex compared to MB. If you walk into this game blind, you MUST pay attention to the instructions provided on the displays, otherwise you are immediately lost and you will quickly find your self just keeping the ball alive. So first impression (Star Wars goodness aside) can be misleading if you don't pay attention. If I could critique this game a bit it would be on the interactive video mode, its pretty lame IMHO... Star Wars is ripe with video mode options... I feel like having just the asteroid field is very repetitive and a missed opportunity for this pin. Having a video mode per mission would have been really cool.

I'm satisfied with the pro, I've never played the premium but there is enough here to keep me going for a while.

#6689 5 years ago

Been thinking about possible interactive video modes... (not that it matters... just my Star Wars brain going off)

- Tatooine Search for R2 - Landspeeder perspective, time based, desert rocks, obstacles. Obstacles knock off your time/bonus... similar to Asteroid field. Maybe add a scanner so you can tell if your headed towards R2.
- Hoth Probe Droid Attack - Probe droid is able to move around and hide behind snow banks, your objective is to destroy, more than hit required, time based bonus. Droid self destructs if you don't complete the mission in time.
- Death Star - Trench run, avoid trench obstacles, knock out guns (like the star wars video game). I know its been done to death but it would work just fine IMHO.
- Endor Death Star Run - Maneuver through the super-structure, without wrong turns or collisions. Like the mine car run from IJ rewards based upon number of correct maneuvers.
- Endor Speeder Bike Chase - Although this is already a mission, I think this really should have been an interactive video mode. This is basically a re-skin of the Endor Death Star run... but would be a nice variation. Maybe add a enemy you can hit with the action button.

I know its not a video game, its a pinball machine, but I think of all the great video modes in my IJ machine and they are fun breaks in the game.

#6690 5 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Joined the club. A co-buy with a friend of me.

Your 2 spot lights are facing the wrong direction. They should point towards the Falcon. You will see how it lights up the playfield when you adjust them. I had a tighten my screws a few times until I finally got it to stay in place.

#6691 5 years ago
Quoted from Jasontaps:

Your 2 spot lights are facing the wrong direction. They should point towards the Falcon. You will see how it lights up the playfield when you adjust them. I had a tighten my screws a few times until I finally got it to stay in place.
[quoted image]

Every picture I’ve seen shows them facing parallel to and in between the ball drop and hyper space loop.

Are you saying intended position should put at approximately 45 degree and with them pointing at Death Star mission I and III inserts?

#6692 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Every picture I’ve seen shows them facing parallel to and in between the ball drop and hyper space loop.
Are you saying intended position should put at approximately 45 degree and with them pointing at Death Star mission I and III inserts?

I grabbed this pic from a few posts back. See how much it lights up the Falcon and the playfield. My SW was doing the same thing. The spot lights keep moving.

02a72cb6c5d082c3f123b3345c1198b7221d3af5 (resized).jpg02a72cb6c5d082c3f123b3345c1198b7221d3af5 (resized).jpg

#6693 5 years ago

I recently moved both to face forward under the guise this was the correct orientation.

Is that not the case?

#6694 5 years ago

Just joined the club with a NIB premium. What a fun but challenging game! Only problem I had with mine is that the death star releases the ball right down the middle. Other wise I love this game. Now I just have to figure out what the hell I am doing. The objectives are kind of hard to follow.

#6695 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I recently moved both to face forward under the guise this was the correct orientation.
Is that not the case?

This picture is from the flyer for the pro model. If you look at the spot lights, they are facing almost straight, but the Falcon is well lite. In reality, if you point you spots like this, that area is dark. I suspect they took this pic with professional studio lights.
Bottom line is you own the game and can do what you want to it.
Personally I think its too dark with the lights pointed the way they are in this picture.

sw (resized).jpgsw (resized).jpg
#6696 5 years ago

Last night my son and I added a few more mods to our game.

20190313_060856 (resized).jpg20190313_060856 (resized).jpg20190313_060902 (resized).jpg20190313_060902 (resized).jpg20190313_060917 (resized).jpg20190313_060917 (resized).jpg
#6697 5 years ago
Quoted from Jasontaps:

This picture is from the flyer for the pro model. If you look at the spot lights, they are facing almost straight, but the Falcon is well lite. In reality, if you point you spots like this, that area is dark. I suspect they took this pic with professional studio lights.
Bottom line is you own the game and can do what you want to it.
Personally I think its too dark with the lights pointed the way they are in this picture.
[quoted image]

I wouldn't put much stock in Stern early promo pictures. The ones for X-men LE had all of the LE features photoshopped (or just mounted) onto the Pro playfield. Wolvie position different (as he actually should have been on the LE), no ramp docking area on the left ramp and how would that right ramp move to the left with that post and spotlight in the way on the right slingshot? The real scary part is the LE was released first....yeah....a bit of a rush job on that one.

X-Men LE (resized).jpgX-Men LE (resized).jpg
#6698 5 years ago

Got this today... pricy but cool

B56A2706-88CE-4479-921E-9CB054D8D0FC (resized).jpegB56A2706-88CE-4479-921E-9CB054D8D0FC (resized).jpeg
#6699 5 years ago

Wow nice !! Where did you buy it ?

#6700 5 years ago
Quoted from Yfichelle:

Wow nice !! Where did you buy it ?

Metalhead Pinball here in the Marketplace

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 21.50
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

8,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,046 posts in this topic. You are on page 134 of 301.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/134?hl=yfichelle and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.