IMG_8600 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6632 (resized).jpeg
sw1 (resized).JPEG
sw2 (resized).JPEG
sw3 (resized).JPEG
sw4 (resized).JPEG

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,046 posts in this topic. You are on page 133 of 301.
#6601 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Adjust your shooter lane guide

I'm kinda new at this. How do I do that?

#6602 5 years ago

Go ahead, put a post in your Premium. Then explain to the buyer why you drilled a hole in the playfield when you sell. Not worth it. STTNG lane extenders are reversible.

#6603 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Go ahead, put a post in your Premium. Then explain to the buyer why you drilled a hole in the playfield when you sell. Not worth it. STTNG lane extenders are reversible.

Whoa whoa whoa...sorry my fault, I thought the Prem had a thread hole it was just empty like DI? Obviously no one should ever be drilling any holes themselves

Quoted from bowtech:

Usually the metal guide can be loosened and moves a little and then retightened.

#6604 5 years ago
Quoted from bowtech:

I think there's a screw near the tip, under the plastic, that you can loosen. Then adjust the guide and tighten. Probably move it a bit to the right? It's supposed to hit the force targets, not the rubber above them. Even if it doesn't do that, a tiny change can make a huge difference across three bounces it takes to hit the outlane.

Sadly you may have to partially remove the right ramp to get in there

#6605 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I think there's a screw near the tip, under the plastic, that you can loosen. Then adjust the guide and tighten. Probably move it a bit to the right? It's supposed to hit the force targets, not the rubber above them. Even if it doesn't do that, a tiny change can make a huge difference across three bounces it takes to hit the outlane.
Sadly you may have to partially remove the right ramp to get in there

Thanks for the help

#6606 5 years ago

Occasionally during tie fighter multiball it will eject 2 balls into the launch at the same time. Anyone else have this happen? If so how did you fix it?

#6607 5 years ago
Quoted from bowtech:

Occasionally during tie fighter multiball it will eject 2 balls into the launch at the same time. Anyone else have this happen? If so how did you fix it?

I notice that I sometimes get two balls ejected if I am rapidly hitting the lock bar button to destroy tie fighters, and it’s usually just as the multiball is starting up. I am not certain, but it almost feels like a code timing thing. It hasn’t bothered me enough to seek out a solution. It also isn’t putting more than 3 balls into play, which is the correct number for TF multiball. If I am starting TF multiball by shooting TF targets on the playfield instead of mashing the lockbar button, my balls get ejected into play properly.

#6608 5 years ago
Quoted from bowtech:

I've gotten this in most multiballs, not just TIE. Never actually causes a problem though. I assume it's a bug

#6609 5 years ago
Quoted from bowtech:

I have this as well. Usually at Tie fighter start. I feel if it was a trough problem or something, it would happen at other times. I agree it feels like a code timing thing.

#6610 5 years ago

The shooter lane ball detection switch was loose on mine and tightening it really cut down on the issue. It did not eliminate it, but now it hardly ever happens.

#6611 5 years ago

Looking to purchase a partial set of Star Wars art blades. Prefer Dagobah and Carbonite Scene. PM me if available.

#6612 5 years ago
Quoted from pudealee:

Looking to purchase a partial set of Star Wars art blades. Prefer Dagobah and Carbonite Scene. PM me if available.

I sent you a pm

#6613 5 years ago

Joined the club. A co-buy with a friend of me. Light routed (like 1500 plays) and in good condition with just need of some playfield cleaning and some very tiny touch up on the siderails.

Only issue is that I don’t have room so I have to travel 1 mile to play it

9094E318-756D-4EF4-8732-3AA93EAE8171 (resized).jpeg9094E318-756D-4EF4-8732-3AA93EAE8171 (resized).jpegE864DDD0-A806-410C-B872-99A060EB45CB (resized).jpegE864DDD0-A806-410C-B872-99A060EB45CB (resized).jpegFD575149-10B8-4867-ACDE-DAAF4E012E1A (resized).jpegFD575149-10B8-4867-ACDE-DAAF4E012E1A (resized).jpeg
#6614 5 years ago

Is there a guide on how the shot multiplier works? Every time I think I have it I hit the shot or do the video mode with the green X and I don't get the multiplier.

#6615 5 years ago
Quoted from TBatti:

Is there a guide on how the shot multiplier works? Every time I think I have it I hit the shot or do the video mode with the green X and I don't get the multiplier.

There isn't much to it, or there shouldn't be.
Hit 3 bank increases multiplier number, green shots are multiplied by that number.

#6616 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

There isn't much to it, or there shouldn't be.
Hit 3 bank increases multiplier number, green shots are multiplied by that number.

I'm not getting the multiplier when I make a shot. The X is green I make the shot and get nothing not even video mode and the green X is there when I make it. I don't follow how you are actually getting it. Can someone explain how it works please.

#6617 5 years ago
Quoted from TBatti:

...not even video mode and the green X is there when I make it. I don't follow how you are actually getting it.

Hmmm...yeah videa mode 'should' have text on the after screen that tells you how much it's multiplied by. Trying to find a pic now..

EDIT: Can't find one.

Anyway, take the glass off and get a solid multiplier going, then trigger a hurry up (hyperspace) that shows the points counting down and see if it is multiplied when you hit it.

#6618 5 years ago

Maybe it's turned off for you to move it and that's why it isn't scoring? I thought that was how it worked. Frankly I don't pay that much attention to the multiplier, I just play for progression.

#6619 5 years ago
Quoted from TBatti:

I'm not getting the multiplier when I make a shot. The X is green I make the shot and get nothing not even video mode and the green X is there when I make it. I don't follow how you are actually getting it. Can someone explain how it works please.

Did you start the video mode from the Hoth shot or a different shot? It can be started from a different mode shot (i.e. Endor ramp) as the video mode is one of the mode selections, and if that Endor ramp doesnt have the multiplier on it, it won’t be multiplied.

Now if you hit the Hoth shot while the video mode insert was lit, and your multiplied arrow shot was active (green) then it should be at least 2x (or whatever your current multiplier is at).

Multiplier works like this:
+ 3 shots are lit green which Will multiply the shot value. The multipliers can be turned off (red) with action button and moved with flipper buttons, then press action button again to lock them in (green).
+ The multiplier starts at 2x; hitting the mini LCD 3-bank targets will increase it by 1 to a maximum of 20x.
+ a count down thud sound indicates when your multiplier is about to reset back to 2x. Hitting the 3-bank resets the timer. There is a generous grace period if the timer ends and multipliers reset so you can get your multiplier back if you hit the 3-bank in time.
+ As the multiplier increases, the # of multiplied shots will diminish from 3 to 2 and eventually to 1.
+ The furthest left multiplier is the master multiplier so to speak so as your multiplier increases, you will lose the furthest right multiplier first, then the next multiplier, leaving you with one multiplier which was the original furthest left one.
+ there are two ways to double the multiplier. First, random mystery award. Second is spelling FORCE on the drop targets. Each time you clear the FORCE bank targets you will be awarded a letter, F-O-R-C-E.
F = lights mystery
O = lights escape
R = lights video mode
C = double multipliers
E = lights light saber duel.

#6620 5 years ago

A good beginner rule of thumb is to just keep your multipliers locked on Death Star, Endor, Hoth and only moving it (if necessary) when video mode is lit.

#6621 5 years ago
Quoted from TBatti:

Why don't you think you are getting it?

#6622 5 years ago

Also remember that the higher your multiplier is, it takes shots away from your multiplier. When it's at 2X (the default), you have a spread of 3 shots. as you increase the Multiplier, it will drop down to 2 shots, and then finally to 1 shot. Choosing to play with R2D2 lets you have higher multipliers before it removes the number of multiplied shots available. I believe it moves the rightmost shot, so in theory, if you locked the default multiplier on the Death Star, Endor, and Hoth shots, once you've maxed out the multiplier, only the Death Star shot would still be multiplied. I don't recall the Multiplier thresholds for it moving to 2 shots, and then 1... it varies from character to character I think, but definitely, R2D2 is the one you want to use if you are actually paying attention to multipliers and want to optimize your results.

Also, apparently Leia Multipliers default at 3X During Mini Wizard modes.

#6623 5 years ago

One more thing.. the multiplier times out if you aren't constantly hitting the 3 bank targets under the playfield LCD. When you hear that THUNK THUNK THUNK sound, your multiplier is going to time out soon and go back to 2X and you need to fire a shot off at the 3 banks to reset the timer. This 3 bank shot is what makes playing for multipliers risky (it could easily fire the ball right back down the middle). As someone said above, just park your 3 multiplier shots on Death Star, Endor, and Hoth and forget it if you don't want to manage the overhead of multipliers and just enjoy the game. You don't need multipliers at all unless you are playing competitively. You can beat the emperor without ever worrying about the multipliers, and if you've made it that far, you're probably going to have a pretty impressive score anyway.

#6624 5 years ago

Oh, by the way, can someone tell me how to switch my game on? I'm totally confused and don't know what to do and I'm to lazy to read this thread...

#6625 5 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Oh, by the way, can someone tell me how to switch my game on? I'm totally confused and don't know what to do and I'm to lazy to read this thread...

LOL, are you looking for the power switch? The power switches on Stern games with Spike systems are located on the lower right bottom of the backbox instead of the usual spot by the right front leg on the bottom of the cabinet. I notice you posted this question 4 hours ago, so you might've found it by now.

#6626 5 years ago
Quoted from Rum-Z:

LOL, are you looking for the power switch? The power switches on Stern games with Spike systems are located on the lower right bottom of the backbox instead of the usual spot by the right front leg on the bottom of the cabinet. I notice you posted this question 4 hours ago, so you might've found it by now.

Pretty sure he's being sarcastic and suggesting that people are asking questions easily answered by opening the manual.

#6627 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Pretty sure he's being sarcastic and suggesting that people are asking questions easily answered by opening the manual.

Hahaha, I was wondering, but around here, who knows?

#6628 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Hmmm...yeah videa mode 'should' have text on the after screen that tells you how much it's multiplied by. Trying to find a pic now..
EDIT: Can't find one.
Anyway, take the glass off and get a solid multiplier going, then trigger a hurry up (hyperspace) that shows the points counting down and see if it is multiplied when you hit it.

Asteroid Field video mode does show the multiplier in one of the corners while you are navigating. It also shows what level asteroid field you are navigating.

#6629 5 years ago

After two weeks of owning the game, I met this guy for the first time last night. Factory, 3 ball, replay.

IMG_0454 (resized).jpgIMG_0454 (resized).jpg
#6630 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Quoted from Rum-Z:

Hahaha, I was wondering, but around here, who knows?

My apologies - it was too tempting after the 100th lazy request for having the multipliers explained....

#6631 5 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

After two weeks of owning the game, I met this guy for the first time last night. Factory, 3 ball, replay.
[quoted image]

Two weeks?! Damn - it took me a year to defeat him with my outlanes set to easy :O

#6632 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

Two weeks?! Damn - it took me a year to defeat him with my outlanes set to easy

Ditto - and with 5-ball.

#6633 5 years ago

Owning this game now for three days and men it can be frustrating but has the one more game feeling. The drains left and right if you make a wrong shot

But most frustrating is that quite some times, 5-10%?, the inner loop shot returns the ball sdtm

Already played a little with leveling the game different which did help some but is this a common issue? Should I be bending ball rails?

Any advise would be appreciated. Thnx.

#6634 5 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

Owning this game now for three days and men it can be frustrating but has the one more game feeling. The drains left and right if you make a wrong shot
But most frustrating is that quite some times, 5-10%?, the inner loop shot returns the ball sdtm
Already played a little with leveling the game different which did help some but is this a common issue? Should I be bending ball rails?
Any advise would be appreciated. Thnx.

Yes i personnaly install a diverter, 100% no more sdtm

#6635 5 years ago
Quoted from HPR:

A diverter? Any picture of this?

#6636 5 years ago
Quoted from HPR:

Please show us some pictures of your mod.

#6637 5 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Please show us some pictures of your mod.

I remember somebody glueing a small rubber thingy into the horseshoe to divert the ball...

#6638 5 years ago

I just gave an ever so lightly slight bend to the exit of the ball guide at Hoth. And, increasing the pitch (roughly 7.1 deg) helped too.

#6639 5 years ago

Just tweaking it a bit is all that is needed.

#6640 5 years ago

What is the maximum number of balls that the hyperloop ramp can accommodate during HSMB?
I’ve reached 3, then the balls fall off the ramp and onto the playfield

#6641 5 years ago
Quoted from Hawks:

What is the maximum number of balls that the hyperloop ramp can accommodate during HSMB?

There has been talk that you hit the yellow shots to increase the time on the multiball loop. I've gotten 4 in there and i think i've seen others report 5 and 6

#6642 5 years ago

If the loop has a ball already in it, every successive ball that is shot into it can collide with any balls that are there and that can screw it all up.

#6643 5 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

If the loop has a ball already in it, every successive ball that is shot into it can collide with any balls that are there and that can screw it all up.

This only happens if the ramp shot to load the ball is timed perfectly with the other ball making the turn by the ramp. EXTREMELY rare. I have seen it once. Put your game into hyperloop test to test this. Make sure all 4 magnets are working properly. You can load six balls in there with little issue. Doing it in a game is another story. Very hard to accomplish. I have loaded 4 in there. Seen others load 5.

#6644 5 years ago
Quoted from Hawks:

In order to load more than 3, you need to shoot the yellow arrows during the hurry up to extend the hurry up time and give you enough time to load the extra balls. The right ramp and left orbits are lit yellow during the hurry up / start of hyperspace Multiball.

#6645 5 years ago

I have my sw premium since 2 weeks... factory settings, 3 balls :

Death star destroyed, emperor dead and 19 billions... ok... damned... already finished...

20190303_144845 (resized).jpg20190303_144845 (resized).jpg
#6646 5 years ago
Quoted from Yfichelle:

Death star destroyed, emperor dead and 19 billions... ok... damned... already finished...[quoted image]

I'd submit my application for PAPA A bank right now with that score on a premium.

#6647 5 years ago
Quoted from Yfichelle:

Death star destroyed, emperor dead and 19 billions... ok... damned... already finished...[quoted image]

Impressive especially for a premium. How many plays in that 2 weeks? I think the Game is a little too easy on factory. Try setting extra balls max to 1, extra balls from missions off, tie fighter extra ball at 100, hyperspace and tie fighter on extra hard, victory multiball ball saver at 5 secs.

#6648 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Impressive especially for a premium. How many plays in that 2 weeks? I think the Game is a little too easy on factory. Try setting extra balls max to 1, extra balls from missions off, tie fighter extra ball at 100, hyperspace and tie fighter on extra hard, victory multiball ball saver at 5 secs.

Also try wearing an eye patch and rollerskates.

#6649 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

This only happens if the ramp shot to load the ball is timed perfectly with the other ball making the turn by the ramp. EXTREMELY rare. I have seen it once. Put your game into hyperloop test to test this. Make sure all 4 magnets are working properly. You can load six balls in there with little issue. Doing it in a game is another story. Very hard to accomplish. I have loaded 4 in there. Seen others load 5.

Whenever it happens to me it's one of those weak shots that just makes it up the fork.

#6650 5 years ago
Quoted from Yfichelle:

Now try it with the glass on. Also, your death star needs adjustment.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 21.50
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,046 posts in this topic. You are on page 133 of 301.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/133 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.