20230222_084649 (resized).jpg
20230222_085316 (resized).jpg
20230222_084653 (resized).jpg
20230222_084538 (resized).jpg
20230222_084535 (resized).jpg
20230222_084134 (resized).jpg
20230222_084126 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 14,972 posts in this topic. You are on page 131 of 300.
#6501 5 years ago

Ok i have tested it one hour ago... a premium model and now i just want it !! Played gotg and aerosmith to... i only want SW for sure... wow..... shots really differents and so fun, artwork, music, complex rules... wow... i will receipt it next week...

Thanks guys for your advice and happy to join the club )

#6502 5 years ago
Quoted from Yfichelle:

Thanks guys for your advice and happy to join the club

You will not regret it, SW is a fantastic game that has deep immersive code that ties you into a journey of greatness. The orchestrated sounds and music really add to the enjoyment of this title. The first month it came out I did not see the light. I bashed it and thought the hyperloop was not cool. I then learned the objectives and started to play more and more, and decided the Premium/LE with fork ramp and hyperloop was worth the extra money. SW for me never gets old, I still keep going back to it to push that start button over and over trying to progress further-very addicting. The fork ramp & hyperloop are frustrating and difficult at times, but I do feel it adds substantially to gameplay. The other thing that is enjoyable is watching your guest see the hyperloop for the first time playing Star Wars-they are amazed. It truly is an engineering marvel how it works. Welcome to the club-Now it's time to learn 'Control'.

#6503 5 years ago

going to be joint the club tomorrow when I go to pick up my Pro. anything I should look for before I by it? its a huo with 600 plays and a shaker motor. my pins are older and from all the posts I know dimpling will be normal but is there any other common things I need to check before I hand him the cask? I will play the game before I take it.

#6504 5 years ago
Quoted from bowtech:

going to be joint the club tomorrow when I go to pick up my Pro. anything I should look for before I by it? its a huo with 600 plays and a shaker motor. my pins are older and from all the posts I know dimpling will be normal but is there any other common things I need to check before I hand him the cask? I will play the game before I take it.

Ensure that the latest code, 1.05, is installed. Pull the back glass and check for serial number match and general condition. See if the pin is affected by the bulletins posted by Stern.

#6505 5 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Ensure that the latest code, 1.05, is installed. Pull the back glass and check for serial number match and general condition. See if the pin is affected by the bulletins posted by Stern.

This will be my first Stern. How do I find tsbs? How do I check the code?

#6506 5 years ago
Quoted from bowtech:

When you start the game it will show you what code version it is

#6507 5 years ago

Just got home and played a few games of my Star Wars pro. The game is so much more than I expected and I am really happy I got it over The Munsters.
Sending out a good guy thank you to Thedarkknight77 for meeting me this morning!

#6508 5 years ago
Quoted from bowtech:

To check service bulletins, go to Stern's site and go to the support tab. Browse around, it's there somewhere.

#6509 5 years ago

Thanks for the help guys. Next question, I would like to add a shaker motor to it. Should I just buy one from stern? It seems to be the same price as some others I have seen and I figured if that's the case an o.e.m. one might be the best since I would know it's comparable.

#6510 5 years ago
Quoted from bowtech:

Thanks for the help guys. Next question, I would like to add a shaker motor to it. Should I just buy one from stern? It seems to be the same price as some others I have seen and I figured if that's the case an o.e.m. one might be the best since I would know it's comparable.

The current Pinball Life shaker motors are great. If you do a group buy you can get 6+ for $65, so best to coordinate.

https://www.pinballlife.com/shaker-motor-kit-rev-c-for-stern-spike-spike-2-system-games.html

#6511 5 years ago

Hi all, someone has a pdf for the rules. I search but dont find.

Thanks,

Yannick

#6512 5 years ago
Quoted from Yfichelle:

Hi all, someone has a pdf for the rules. I search but dont find.
Thanks,
Yannick

http://www.tiltforums.com/c/game-specific/rulesheet-wikis

#6513 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

The current Pinball Life shaker motors are great. If you do a group buy you can get 6+ for $65, so best to coordinate.
https://www.pinballlife.com/shaker-motor-kit-rev-c-for-stern-spike-spike-2-system-games.html

Bowtech, I just got a Pro and I would down for a shaker. If we 4 more people, they are $64.97 each. Thanks for the tip Kermit24!

#6514 5 years ago
Quoted from Jasontaps:

Bowtech, I just got a Pro and I would down for a shaker. If we 4 more people, they are $64.97 each. Thanks for the tip Kermit24!

Yeah if you are close that's great. Otherwise not really a great deal to reship them.

#6515 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Yeah if you are close that's great. Otherwise not really a great deal to reship them.

I forgot these babies have some weight to them.

#6516 5 years ago

Was playing some SW last night. This is such a great pin, we all know that. Adrenalin, brutality, breadth of code, strategy, it has it all. I do think the factory settings are a little too easy, however - i.e too much multiball, and too many extra balls. That said, if anyone feels the same, here’s my current settings for the game - i love the balance of brutality, fun, Adrenalin, and risk/reward:

1. Factory outlanes
2. Max EB’s: 1
3. EB from missions: Turned off
4. EB from tie fighters: 100
5. Hyperspace multiball: Extra Hard
6. Victory multiball ball saver: 5 secs
7. Video mode: 15 secs
8. Mission stacking: Default on (off with planet multiballs)

That said, in hope’s that Dwight is reading this (or someone at stern) here’s a great idea for the video mode:
+ The higher your multiplier is, the faster the video mode becomes. So a 40x video mode would be amaze balls intense. It would definitely help with the balance of 1bil video modes.

Or another idea
+ The longer you hold down the left or right buttons, your multiplier will slowly increase - like its being energized. So you can take a 2x video mode and make it 10x in like 5 secs or so. Then the draw back would be anytime you’re hit by an asteroid, your multiplier decreases.

Final last random thought:
My favorite character to play is Luke; what’s all yours favorite?

#6517 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Was playing some SW last night. This is such a great pin, we all know that. Adrenalin, brutality, breadth of code, strategy, it has it all. I do think the factory settings are a little too easy, however - i.e too much multiball, and too many extra balls. That said, if anyone feels the same, here’s my current settings for the game - i love the balance of brutality, fun, Adrenalin, and risk/reward:
1. Factory outlanes
2. Max EB’s: 1
3. EB from missions: Turned off
4. EB from tie fighters: 100
5. Hyperspace multiball: Extra Hard
6. Victory multiball ball saver: 5 secs
7. Video mode: 15 secs
8. Mission stacking: Default on (off with planet multiballs)
That said, in hope’s that Dwight is reading this (or someone at stern) here’s a great idea for the video mode:
+ The higher your multiplier is, the faster the video mode becomes. So a 40x video mode would be amaze balls intense. It would definitely help with the balance of 1bil video modes.
Or another idea
+ The longer you hold down the left or right buttons, your multiplier will slowly increase - like its being energized. So you can take a 2x video mode and make it 10x in like 5 secs or so. Then the draw back would be anytime you’re hit by an asteroid, your multiplier decreases.
Final last random thought:

I go back and forth on characters to play modes I usually don’t see. My default character is usually Han or R2D2 based on the number of modes already lit.

Everything in the software is default... I need those EBs!

If I plow through the modes, I usually find myself needing EFBF or LSD. My latest strategy is to knock those out early if I can.

I rediscovered this game after toying with selling. There are like 12 normal game modes, 4 movie based multiballs, Hyperspace multiball, Tie Fighter multiball, multiple mini-modes, and of course the wizard mode.

SW has a ton to offer despite a relatively barren playfield.

#6518 5 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I go back and forth on characters to play modes I usually don’t see. My default character is usually Han or R2D2 based on the number of modes already lit. ..

"Leia all daya!"

- Jack Danger

#6519 5 years ago

I almost always play a set of four games - starting with Han and working my way down the line to Luke.

#6520 5 years ago

I went to a pinball place the other day to play Munsters. They had all the new games and I played Munsters, Deadpool, SW, Beatles, Aerosmith, MBrLE, BM66 (which I have) plus Totan, FH, Adams Family, TZ (which I wish I never sold). They had Iron Maiden but didnt play that as I have played it before. Of all the games I was surprised that I liked SW the best. I wish I could of got to the hyper loop but didnt know how. I also didnt know you could choose your players until I came back home and did a little research on the game. After playing the game it has me wanting one so I am going to read some more about the game and go back and play it some more. I was on the fence about the Munsters game and will probably pass at this time. I also liked the MBrLE - that was pretty nice compared to my restored MB that I currently have.

#6521 5 years ago

So I have owned my Pro now for about 27 hours now and I noticed something that bothers me. At 2 different times they refer to Padawans and Younglings. Should those even be included in a game focused on 4, 5 and 6?

#6522 5 years ago

I was a Han only guy for a long time and just recently I started playing with R2 and had my most successful games with him. I’m going to try Luke next and see how that goes.

#6523 5 years ago
Quoted from Jasontaps:

So I have owned my Pro now for about 27 hours now and I noticed something that bothers me. At 2 different times they refer to Padawans and Younglings. Should those even be included in a game focused on 4, 5 and 6?

This has been addressed. Yes you are right those terms did not originate in 4,5, or 6. But, if 1,2,3 was actually a true prequel, Using the terms is passable.

#6524 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Han is probably my favorite because he's very versatile but for me Luke has some of the coolest missions in the game: Tatooine 3 (Rancor) , Hoth 2 (Duel with Vader), Death Star 3 (Destroy TIE Fighters and that epic music) and Endor 2 (Confront Vader one last time). That's why when I play Luke I prefer not to stack missions, it's so must more immersive. Though in theory playing Luke (or maybe even Leia) without stacking missions is the hardest way to play the game if your goal is to defeat the Emperor but when you do, it's oh so much more satisfying.

#6525 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

This has been addressed. Yes you are right those terms did not originate in 4,5, or 6. But, if 1,2,3 was actually a true prequel, Using the terms is passable.

When you say it has been addressed, addressed where here or with Stern?
I am wondering if they would remove the language from the next system update if it were pointed out to them. Next thing you know Jar Jar Binks will be making call outs in the game. LOL. Oh the humanity.

#6526 5 years ago
Quoted from Jasontaps:

... Next thing you know Jar Jar Binks will be making call outs in the game. LOL. Oh the humanity.

Word on the street is Stern is saving this until the vault edition.

Yet ANOTHER reason to get a SW now!

#6527 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

LOL

#6528 5 years ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Yet ANOTHER reason to get a SW now!

I have been modifying the audio on my SW premium. Was starting to look at the video assets too in order to see if I can replace some of the Yoda end ball comments for some variety. I am SO putting in the worst Jar Jar moments for the ball drain. You think Yoda got annoying! How wude...over and over again!

#6529 5 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

I have been modifying the audio on my SW premium. Was starting to look at the video assets too in order to see if I can replace some of the Yoda end ball comments for some variety. I am SO putting in the worst Jar Jar moments for the ball drain. You think Yoda got annoying! How wude...over and over again!

Mesa do getsa tired of hearen Yoda all da time.

#6530 5 years ago

I am hoping Steve Ritchie will be Pintastic New England. Maybe ask him if it was an oversight and would they be willing to remove it. Normally the guys from Stern are pretty friendly. I think they like to hear feedback about their babies. I love my pro model and I always loved ST Pro as well. Steve should be proud!

#6531 5 years ago
Quoted from Jasontaps:

I am hoping Steve Ritchie will be Pintastic New England. Maybe ask him if it was an oversight and would they be willing to remove it. Normally the guys from Stern are pretty friendly. I think they like to hear feedback about their babies. I love my pro model and I always loved ST Pro as well. Steve should be proud!

If you’re asking for code changes, Dwight’s your man.

#6532 5 years ago

Played this with my good bud kermit24 yesterday.

This is the best LCD game and it’s not close. This coming from a dude who has never seen more than 5 consecutive minutes of any SW movie. And coming from a dude who highly values theme in a pin. SW layout and rules are that good. While I prefer Prem/Le, the Pro is extremely strong too.

#6533 5 years ago
Quoted from Jasontaps:

What should the levels progressing up to Jedi Master be called? Not sure the original triology has that content.

#6534 5 years ago
Quoted from Hoochoo:

Han is probably my favorite because he's very versatile but for me Luke has some of the coolest missions in the game: Tatooine 3 (Rancor) , Hoth 2 (Duel with Vader), Death Star 3 (Destroy TIE Fighters and that epic music) and Endor 2 (Confront Vader one last time). That's why when I play Luke I prefer not to stack missions, it's so must more immersive. Though in theory playing Luke (or maybe even Leia) without stacking missions is the hardest way to play the game if your goal is to defeat the Emperor but when you do, it's oh so much more satisfying.

Yea Luke has cool missions, and he gets more balls during the multiballs. Han is tough cause all the planet multiballs are 2-balls. So tough to get the add a ball lit before ball saver is over then get control. Progressing through the planets is easier with Han, however achieving Jedi is probably the hardest for him. Such cool diversities and thought into these rules.

#6535 5 years ago

How are you guys dealing with (or avoiding) playing the video mode again and again and again? One of the main reasons I sold mine was on a good game, I was playing that damn video mode 5-6 times with no way to skip it. At least with GoT, you could choose to play or skip. Why can't that be an option here? It is honestly one of my favorite video modes, but I really do not want to see it more than once per game.

I also wish you could avoid getting stuck in "LSD Jail". It seemed like if I was focused on and making headway towards a planet multiball, I would end up having to start LSD and that's when I would magically be unable to complete the shots on time. Since you have to shoot the left ramp to start the mode anyway, I would love to see a skip for now option like the regular modes have. Either that, or at least after you drain, have the option to continue or not. It would add some strategy too by making you requalify to play it later. Even though LSD is an awesome mode, I hate that it locks you out of everything else, especially when you are close to a planet multi. I do not want to stack it, but I would love to choose whether or not I want to play it...especially after draining.

If Dwight would add the ability to skip replaying the video mode (at least after the first one), and a way to opt out of LSD (at start and at next ball start), I would seriously consider buying it back. I really enjoyed everything else about the code. Heck...I could probably live with the LSD thing if repeating the video mode would at least be avoidable.

#6536 5 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

a way to opt out of LSD

A way to opt out of the video mode and choose points instead would also be wonderful.

#6537 5 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

How are you guys dealing with (or avoiding) playing the video mode again and again and again? One of the main reasons I sold mine was on a good game, I was playing that damn video mode 5-6 times with no way to skip it. At least with GoT, you could choose to play or skip. Why can't that be an option here? It is honestly one of my favorite video modes, but I really do not want to see it more than once per game.
I also wish you could avoid getting stuck in "LSD Jail". It seemed like if I was focused on and making headway towards a planet multiball, I would end up having to start LSD and that's when I would magically be unable to complete the shots on time. Since you have to shoot the left ramp to start the mode anyway, I would love to see a skip for now option like the regular modes have. Either that, or at least after you drain, have the option to continue or not. It would add some strategy too by making you requalify to play it later. Even though LSD is an awesome mode, I hate that it locks you out of everything else, especially when you are close to a planet multi. I do not want to stack it, but I would love to choose whether or not I want to play it...especially after draining.
If Dwight would add the ability to skip replaying the video mode (at least after the first one), and a way to opt out of LSD (at start and at next ball start), I would seriously consider buying it back. I really enjoyed everything else about the code. Heck...I could probably live with the LSD thing if repeating the video mode would at least be avoidable.

If you’re playing 5-6 video modes per game you’re beyond an exceptional player in a percentile that simply doesn’t apply to more than a few other people. That’s not a common problem, by any stretch. It’s a strange complaint. You sure you’re not exaggerating?

Spot on with the light saber duel. It has played a part in killing joy in a ton of my games

#6538 5 years ago

There are some font issues, too, with blue font on a blue background. It would be nice if that were corrected.

#6539 5 years ago
Quoted from ATLpb:

If you’re playing 5-6 video modes per game you’re beyond an exceptional player in a percentile that simply doesn’t apply to more than a few other people. That’s not a common problem, by any stretch. It’s a strange complaint. You sure you’re not exaggerating?
Spot on with the light saber duel. It has played a part in killing joy in a ton of my games

LOL...I wish that were the case, but sadly, no exceptional percentile here. To be fair it wasn't something that happened all the time. I definitely hit it 5 times a handful of times, and 6 times on my very last game on my machine, where I finally made it to The Emperor. But I will say 3-4 times was pretty common on a decent game, and I rarely hit more than 2 or 3 planet multis in a game. It just killed the flow for me. John_I had a good idea letting you take points instead (just like STTNG would be perfect!), but I wouldn't even need points...just don't force me to play it.

Maybe mine just had more side-to-side action than most...I rarely ever aimed for the FORCE targets...they just pretty much happened on their own from bounces and ate through bank completions pretty fast. I donno...

#6540 5 years ago

If I have a video mode ready I usually stay away from the Hoth shot. If you start a mode then you’re safe to progress through it. Now if I see 40x then I trap rotate to Hoth and start video mode. The LSD mode probably could use a pass maybe in competition settings.

#6541 5 years ago

Going through the video to replace some of the Yoda end of ball sequences and came across a random picture in the assets. Anyone know the story?

starwars (resized).JPGstarwars (resized).JPG
#6542 5 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

Going through the video to replace some of the Yoda end of ball sequences and came across a random picture in the assets. Anyone know the story?
[quoted image]

Dwight is in the blue and white shirt. Don’t recognize the others.

#6543 5 years ago

I reduced the video mode timer to the minimum of 15 seconds. Now it's not so bad.

#6544 5 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

I reduced the video mode timer to the minimum of 15 seconds. Now it's not so bad.

Been there, done that. Still wish I could bypass it or simply disable it in the menus.

#6545 5 years ago

Getting my star wars pro within the next few weeks, very excited! I know this has been addressed, but thoughts on shaker motor? I put one in my BM 66 (pinball life) I purchased a little over a month ago. 2 days later the bat turn broke off at the welding point, I was not happy to say the least. I chalked this up to the shaker motor, or I guess could've been a faulty part that was going to break anyway. But it has left a sour taste for shaker motors. I did like the added feature, but very hesitant to try another one. There are less moving parts on Star Wars.

#6546 5 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

Getting my star wars pro within the next few weeks, very excited! I know this has been addressed, but thoughts on shaker motor? I put one in my BM 66 (pinball life) I purchased a little over a month ago. 2 days later the bat turn broke off at the welding point, I was not happy to say the least. I chalked this up to the shaker motor, or I guess could've been a faulty part that was going to break anyway. But it has left a sour taste for shaker motors. I did like the added feature, but very hesitant to try another one. There are less moving parts on Star Wars.

Shaker is great. There is zero chance a shaker broke a weldment, unless it physically hit it. Bad parts happen.

#6547 5 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Shaker is great. There is zero chance a shaker broke a weldment, unless it physically hit it. Bad parts happen.

Shaker on all titles. Reiterating what jediturtle said- ZERO chance a shaker broke something, unless you threw it at something.

#6548 5 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

Getting my star wars pro within the next few weeks, very excited! I know this has been addressed, but thoughts on shaker motor?

I put one in my Star Wars but I’m honestly thinking of turning it off. The thing is extremely violent compared to JJPOTC’s shaker.

I don’t know if this is just the shaker I purchased (official Stern part btw) or just the way Star Wars uses it.
The biggest and most tooth-jarring hits are crashes in video mode and the endgame explosion.

#6549 5 years ago

I have shakers in all my games that use them and I love the added effect that they provide! I've never had a shaker cause a part connection to break that I'm aware of, and if it somehow has, I would bet that the connection was defective to begin with.

Star Wars is the only game that I have turned the shaker setting down to the low setting. The match video explosion shaker effect was way too long and drastic otherwise.

#6550 5 years ago

For the shaker, video mode when you crash into an asteroid shakes way too much! Match sequence is a little rough too. Everything else feels good to me.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
There are 14,972 posts in this topic. You are on page 131 of 300.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/131?hl=breger1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.