• Pro 104 votes
    26%
  • Premium 158 votes
    39%
  • LE 140 votes
    35%

(402 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 970 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

3F5AF1A6-47C7-497D-B286-D92A557914A2 (resized).png
A51F95D4-AFB9-4216-8161-325D68D03BFD (resized).png
starwars (resized).JPG
B11D5617-47E1-4030-A1FF-7CAD477FF17A (resized).jpeg
37380CF3-09CE-407B-9D79-98744BD6EE00 (resized).jpeg
ECDA506D-B059-421E-A7DC-871994AD75C8 (resized).jpeg
9690CF0F-866E-4F05-98AF-452638B36B49 (resized).jpeg
FAE087D5-8BA8-4ECC-86F1-64C0A81E2542 (resized).jpeg
CE99DA9D-84C3-4C83-8780-CFBC5F636E1C (resized).jpeg
StarWarsBlades (resized).jpg
20190204_154121 (resized).jpg
001 (resized).JPG
IMG_20190126_134406 (resized).jpg
EA71D509-3E9B-4BB9-87FE-BC3D3F758D87 (resized).jpeg
SWTotal (resized).jpg
20181020_202512 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6574 posts in this topic. You are on page 130 of 132.
#6451 13 days ago
Quoted from dnapac:

pinballcharlie made those. Message him and see if he’ll make more. I have all of them and really think they look great! Well made too.

Thanks, Just sent him a PM.

#6452 13 days ago
Quoted from Breger1:

Are there any art blades available for the pro, other than the 6 pack I'm seeing for $160? Why do I need 6 pairs, I only have 1 machine. Isn't this odd

It's beyond odd. I'm thinking Stern was forced by Disney to sell all of them together. Sounds like Disney licensing is a pain to work with. Best bet is to find someone on here or on Ebay that is selling a single set.

#6453 12 days ago
Quoted from dnapac:

pinballcharlie made those. Message him and see if he’ll make more. I have all of them and really think they look great! Well made too.

I agree with that. They look great. I hate corny mods. I think these look original.

#6454 10 days ago

I just defeated the Emperor and it felt very satisfying...

9690CF0F-866E-4F05-98AF-452638B36B49 (resized).jpegCE99DA9D-84C3-4C83-8780-CFBC5F636E1C (resized).jpegFAE087D5-8BA8-4ECC-86F1-64C0A81E2542 (resized).jpeg
#6455 10 days ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

I just defeated the Emperor and it felt very satisfying...
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow that’s seriously impressive. I couldn’t do that with 5 balls, 20 minute ball save and hair ties on the outlanes.

#6456 10 days ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Wow that’s seriously impressive. I couldn’t do that with 5 balls, 20 minute ball save and hair ties on the outlanes.

I was always close to the Emperor but I always waited to start boba fett until I started all the world multiballs and I just always drained. I finally changed the order in which way I attacked the game and now I feel like I can get to the Emperor pretty often. This game is fun and definitely should be higher on the top 100.

#6457 10 days ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

I was always close to the Emperor but I always waited to start boba fett until I started all the world multiballs and I just always drained. I finally changed the order in which way I attacked the game and now I feel like I can get to the Emperor pretty often. This game is fun and definitely should be higher on the top 100.

Agree that it’s an excellent pin. That said, I can’t even look at it lately because I’m smitten with JJPOTC.

#6458 10 days ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Agree that it’s an excellent pin. That said, I can’t even look at it lately because I’m smitten with JJPOTC.

JJpotc is on my radar but one of my pins must get rotated to make room and it might be SW.

#6459 9 days ago

Finally defeated the emperor! That was epic! Thanks to all on the strategy, I had to get EFBF first and then go after everything else. That light show is absolutely amazing. As good as killing Smaug only way more tiring.

#6460 9 days ago

Man I’m really starting to second guess myself on trading this game. I think the game knows it’s on the chopping block so it’s just being extra nice.

37380CF3-09CE-407B-9D79-98744BD6EE00 (resized).jpegB11D5617-47E1-4030-A1FF-7CAD477FF17A (resized).jpegECDA506D-B059-421E-A7DC-871994AD75C8 (resized).jpeg
#6461 9 days ago

Holy cow. 9 Billion! I need to play more.

#6462 9 days ago

Hi, just joined the club..... Bought myself a Star Wars Premium, third run, built December 5th 2018. In my house in the Netherlands since yesterday, very nice Pin!

#6463 8 days ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:Man I’m really starting to second guess myself on trading this game. I think the game knows it’s on the chopping block so it’s just being extra nice.

Same for me. Every time I think about putting it up, I fall back in love with it. Although for this game it is definitely a love/hate relationship.

#6464 8 days ago

Star Wars is an awesome mix of video / audio assets from all 3 films, classic Steve Ritchie design and great code.

#6465 8 days ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Star Wars is an awesome mix of video / audio assets from all 3 films, classic Steve Ritchie design and great code.

Yeah, but one of the worst ball plunges of all times into the three bank stand ups.

#6466 8 days ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Yeah, but one of the worst ball plunges of all times into the three bank stand ups.

The plunger is user controllable.

#6467 8 days ago

Finally played a prem+ and have no idea WTF people are still complaining aboot the auto plunger.

#6468 8 days ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Quoted from Wildbill327:

JJpotc is on my radar but one of my pins must get rotated to make room and it might be SW.

I was seriously looking at doing the same thing. What finally burned me out was trying to keep up with the hundreds of posts about various problems with JJPOTC. Quality issues of just about every kind seem to be on the owners thread. It's a very complex game and the last thing I feel like is getting another new game that needs lots of tweaking and repairs to keep it playing. Especially when it costs $9500 for the premium version. Problems included bubbles in the art work on cabinets, chipping on playfields, cable harnesses rubbing through to bare wires(too short), etc. Not just minor adjustment stuff, but unacceptable quality issues too. It's all on the owners thread but I got weary trying to keep up with it all(currently at nearly 600 posts). Very sad because I really liked a lot of things about the game. In the end its not worth dumping Star Wars to get it for me. Besides I have still not faced the Emperor. I have blown the death star many times(mostly Endor) though and its always a rush. I have he premium version which I think makes that harder to do but much more satisfying. The love or hate thing about this game to me is it takes strategy to master it. Not a good game for zoning out and just having a mindless escape. If you are not paying attention you will not get very far. It rewards those who patiently learn the rules and begin to build various strategies to accomplish them. There are many different ways to play it too which keeps its interesting. The depth of the rules, the difficulty, and the freedom to play it so many different ways is what I think make it such a great long term home game. I also prefer the "mode based" structure of the game which has great video/audio clips from the series to reward your progress.

#6469 8 days ago
Quoted from PlayPin:

I was seriously looking at doing the same thing. What finally burned me out was trying to keep up with the hundreds of posts about various problems with JJPOTC. Quality issues of just about every kind seem to be on the owners thread. It's a very complex game and the last thing I feel like is getting another new game that needs lots of tweaking and repairs to keep it playing. Especially when it costs $9500 for the premium version. Problems included bubbles in the art work on cabinets, chipping on playfields, cable harnesses rubbing through to bare wires(too short), etc. Not just minor adjustment stuff, but unacceptable quality issues too. It's all on the owners thread but I got weary trying to keep up with it all(currently at nearly 600 posts). Very sad because I really liked a lot of things about the game.

As the author of many of those posts, let me say a few things.

I own two LE machines. The first one had a ton of problems. All have been fixed. The second one had only minor adjustments (pearl ramp, tortuga scoop and chest fork. )

Both machines are working 100% and i absolutely love playing them. This is by far my favorite pin and I wouldn’t have bought a second if I didn’t believe in it deeply.

The posts about fixes are a double edged sword. I personally think it’s good to share knowledge about the fixes so we can all learn. I can see that they would be off putting.

#6470 8 days ago
Quoted from PlayPin:

I was seriously looking at doing the same thing. What finally burned me out was trying to keep up with the hundreds of posts about various problems with JJPOTC. Quality issues of just about every kind seem to be on the owners thread. It's a very complex game and the last thing I feel like is getting another new game that needs lots of tweaking and repairs to keep it playing. Especially when it costs $9500 for the premium version. Problems included bubbles in the art work on cabinets, chipping on playfields, cable harnesses rubbing through to bare wires(too short), etc. Not just minor adjustment stuff, but unacceptable quality issues too. It's all on the owners thread but I got weary trying to keep up with it all(currently at nearly 600 posts). Very sad because I really liked a lot of things about the game. In the end its not worth dumping Star Wars to get it for me. Besides I have still not faced the Emperor. I have blown the death star many times(mostly Endor) though and its always a rush. I have he premium version which I think makes that harder to do but much more satisfying. The love or hate thing about this game to me is it takes strategy to master it. Not a good game for zoning out and just having a mindless escape. If you are not paying attention you will not get very far. It rewards those who patiently learn the rules and begin to build various strategies to accomplish them. There are many different ways to play it too which keeps its interesting. The depth of the rules, the difficulty, and the freedom to play it so many different ways is what I think make it such a great long term home game. I also prefer the "mode based" structure of the game which has great video/audio clips from the series to reward your progress.

The vast majority of POTC games had zero issues. Many of the "common" issues are quick and easy adjustments or fixes. Some of them were also shipping induced or bugs that are fixed in the next release. This game has had really no more or less issues compared to any other game you buy. I think you're making a mountain out of a molehill and scaring yourself from owning what is easily one of the best games ever made.

#6471 8 days ago

So I put in some new Kicker 4 Ohm speakers today. Surprised that they sound significantly better when set to 8 ohm in the settings versus 4 ohm. Better highs and sounds fuller. Had to set the treble way up at 4 ohms. Why would this be and is there danger playing at the 8 ohm setting?

#6472 8 days ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

Finally defeated the emperor! That was epic! Thanks to all on the strategy, I had to get EFBF first and then go after everything else. That light show is absolutely amazing. As good as killing Smaug only way more tiring.

You guys are making me jelly

#6474 7 days ago

Anyone in New England / NY area interested in selling their Pro or Prem model? PM me.

#6475 7 days ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

So I put in some new Kicker 4 Ohm speakers today. Surprised that they sound significantly better when set to 8 ohm in the settings versus 4 ohm. Better highs and sounds fuller. Had to set the treble way up at 4 ohms. Why would this be and is there danger playing at the 8 ohm setting?

I am no expert, but the settings should match the speakers. You can run an 8 ohm speaker at a 4 ohm setting without harm, but running a 4 ohm speaker at 8 can overload the amplifier.

#6476 7 days ago

Cool - thanks. Did they blow up the Death Star? Haven't see this yet (w/ full lighting effects) - on my game or any streamed.

#6477 7 days ago
Quoted from zaphX:

As the author of many of those posts, let me say a few things.
I own two LE machines. The first one had a ton of problems. All have been fixed. The second one had only minor adjustments (pearl ramp, tortuga scoop and chest fork. )
Both machines are working 100% and i absolutely love playing them. This is by far my favorite pin and I wouldn’t have bought a second if I didn’t believe in it deeply.
The posts about fixes are a double edged sword. I personally think it’s good to share knowledge about the fixes so we can all learn. I can see that they would be off putting.

Why would you need two, do you operate these games? It is an impressive game and I really had good impressions from the one I played. I loved the flow and variety of shots. My only negative impressions were that all the major multiball modes felt about the same to me. Also I wanted more differentiation between the chapters or whatever. I see little video/audio that feels different and progresses to a finish like mode based games. For example how S.W. modes feel so different because you see/hear video and audio clips from different movies and planets. I like how you see new progressing clips and audio with each successful shot all the way to a conclusion which is satisfying. I do want to put more time in on JJPOTC but nearest game is 2hrs away.

Quoted from f3honda4me:

The vast majority of POTC games had zero issues. Many of the "common" issues are quick and easy adjustments or fixes. Some of them were also shipping induced or bugs that are fixed in the next release. This game has had really no more or less issues compared to any other game you buy. I think you're making a mountain out of a molehill and scaring yourself from owning what is easily one of the best games ever made.

How do you know this? I mean I hope its true but the massive posts on the owners thread sure give me a different impression. I personally just have far less patience than I used to for repairing new games. Not to mention having to start over with the upgrades that I like to install. I have put about 2K of upgrades into my S.W. premium. To be fair Star Wars looked empty by comparison and badly needed some help. It took a long time to get everything I wanted ordered & installed including a full playfield protector from germany(to prevent dimples). It looks & plays so sweet now I don't think I can part with it. Believe me JJPOTC really got my attention and I would love to own it. I am in the same boat and need to sell one to afford another and have room for it. All the work of starting the whole process over is just too much to bare though.

#6478 7 days ago
Quoted from PlayPin:

How do you know this? I mean I hope its true but the massive posts on the owners thread sure give me a different impression. I personally just have far less patience than I used to for repairing new games. Not to mention having to start over with the upgrades that I like to install. I have put about 2K of upgrades into my S.W. premium. To be fair Star Wars looked empty by comparison and badly needed some help. It took a long time to get everything I wanted ordered & installed including a full playfield protector from germany(to prevent dimples). It looks & plays so sweet now I don't think I can part with it. Believe me JJPOTC really got my attention and I would love to own it. I am in the same boat and need to sell one to afford another and have room for it. All the work of starting the whole process over is just too much to bare though.

It's the nature of forums. It often looks like the sky is falling when people post issues and people tend to go to extremes with their take on "how bad" it is. A great example recently was the cracking decals on the new MBr - the way the thread read, the sky was falling, this was a massive issue, people were canceling orders, it was huge drama. Only to then have CGC post that less than 1% of machines were affected, and that they had a fix.

#6479 7 days ago
Quoted from PlayPin:

Why would you need two, do you operate these games?

Nope. I have a permanent home in another state and a work home in CA. I didn’t want to stop playing when I came back to work after the holidays so I bought another one, confident I can sell when I need to.

#6480 7 days ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Nope. I have a permanent home in another state and a work home in CA. I didn’t want to stop playing when I came back to work after the holidays so I bought another one, confident I can sell when I need to.

Nice! Well you are obviously sold on the game to buy two. Do you know why the first one had so many problems and the second was so much better? Do you think the quality has improved? I really appreciate your input, thank you.

#6481 7 days ago
Quoted from PlayPin:

Nice! Well you are obviously sold on the game to buy two. Do you know why the first one had so many problems and the second was so much better? Do you think the quality has improved? I really appreciate your input, thank you.

First one was built on a Friday, second one was built on the following Monday. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#6482 7 days ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

Cool - thanks. Did they blow up the Death Star? Haven't see this yet (w/ full lighting effects) - on my game or any streamed.

Death star destroyed 1:48

#6483 7 days ago
Quoted from pinwaz:

Death star destroyed 1:48

Just watched - very cool! Martin seems like he is now a little more of a Star Wars fan than he was at the start of the stream anyway.

I like his separate "F me" clip too. Classic and SO familiar!

Thanks again!

#6484 5 days ago

Hi all, i search a new pinball for my collection : deadpool and iron maiden. Is SW premium a good choice ? I have read a lot of negative things about this pinball.

Is it great ? A good choice ? Not boring ?

Thanks for your answer ;o)

#6485 5 days ago
Quoted from Yfichelle:

Hi all, i search a new pinball for my collection : deadpool and iron maiden. Is SW premium a good choice ? I have read a lot of negative things about this pinball.

I think it's a fantastic game and is diff'rent enough to be enjoyed in your collection. Mine is right next to my Iron Maiden and they are totally diff'rent and work great together.

IF...IF you're not a weepy Star Wars fan that will get hurt by not having a bunch of action pictures glued on it, You want to look into the scoring/multipliers rule set and see if it's something you hate or not; as some people do. But besides that it has diverse modes, lots of multiballs, fun shots, combos...etc etc. Seems to check all the boxes.
Good luck

#6486 5 days ago
Quoted from Yfichelle:

Great game fun and has lots of modes to play. All the bad things you have read are probably from pinsiders that didn’t understand the game(rules,bonus multiplying) and just didn’t give it a real chance. If you played this in the wild it could leave a bad taste because of the quick drains but at home once it’s setup correctly it is awesome.

#6487 5 days ago
Quoted from Yfichelle:

Umm... You're in the star wars club thread. Not too many of us think it's boring

#6488 5 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I think it's a fantastic game and is diff'rent enough to be enjoyed in your collection. Mine is right next to my Iron Maiden and they are totally diff'rent and work great together.
IF...IF you're not a weepy Star Wars fan that will get hurt by not having a bunch of action pictures glued on it, You want to look into the scoring/multipliers rule set and see if it's something you hate or not; as some people do. But besides that it has diverse modes, lots of multiballs, fun shots, combos...etc etc. Seems to check all the boxes.
Good luck

My SW is next to my Iron Maiden also, they are good neighbors.

#6489 5 days ago

Thanks for your answer, i will test it tomorrow )

#6490 5 days ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

I agree about a Star Wars update as well. It really can't be that time consuming to clean up existing code and add small features, compared to writing it from scratch. Stern has the bugs submitted to them so it's no mystery as to what is needed. Updates need to be better planned and implemented across the board, not left at 1.0. There is always plenty of room for improvement.

I wonder if Dwight will fix any additional bugs and polish the code a bit more once Munsters is complete? On a recent Head2Head pinball podcast Dwight said that after he rolls off his current game (Munsters) he will have time to work on code for other games. I'm sure Ghostbusters is in line first to receive a code update but maybe Star Wars code will be worked on afterwards?

#6491 5 days ago

Just a question : gotg or sw ? Which do you prefer ?

#6492 5 days ago
Quoted from Yfichelle:

Ha, again this is the SW thread so it's probably a good chance we'll say SW. I like the layout of SW much more than than GOTG for what it's worth

#6493 5 days ago
Quoted from Yfichelle:

Guardians is pretty much a linear ladder style ruleset. Star Wars has a lot more twists and turns and diversities.

#6494 5 days ago
Quoted from Yfichelle:

SW all day for me but yeah this is a Star Wars thread so...lol. GOT has always felt off to me due to the generic and unappealing medevial times artwork. Also, the code never feels like I'm playing through the GOT story as the ruleset only covers about half of the show.

#6495 5 days ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

GOT has always ...

Think he's asking aboot gardians...

#6496 5 days ago

SW club or not, SW over GOTG for sure. Really wanted to like that one but the callouts wreck it for me. New code may have improved GOTG lately but the last time I played one, it felt like a hot mess.

Deadpool and Iron Maden are very close but I still like SW better. So many ways to play it. So many skills and strategies to learn. Almost every shot is backhandable which adds flexibility (Death star ramp not necessarily backhandable on every premium/LE). Great theme/callouts.

#6497 5 days ago

For me, and I haven't played either a ton, GTOG just feels off a bit, like not smooth and didn't click with me. Deapoool on the other hand which doens;t interest me in the least, every shot feels really nice and smooth.

#6498 5 days ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Think he's asking aboot gardians...

Oh lol.

#6499 5 days ago
Quoted from Yfichelle:

I didn't care that much for SW based on playing it (Pro and LE) on route. I ended up trading for a Premium on a whim and now that I have it set up right at home as well as know the rules - holy hell this game is so much fun! Shoots so cleanly, the code is fantastic, and the hyper loop is SO F'in COOL!!!

And I'm not close to being a big SW movie fan either.

#6500 4 days ago
Quoted from Tuna_Delight:

I didn't care that much for SW based on playing it (Pro and LE) on route. I ended up trading for a Premium on a whim and now that I have it set up right at home as well as know the rules - holy hell this game is so much fun! Shoots so cleanly, the code is fantastic, and the hyper loop is SO F'in COOL!!!
And I'm not close to being a big SW movie fan either.

Agree! This is a very under-rated game that is an adrenaline rush to play. Love it!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 13.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 86.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pin Mods
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Elyria, OH
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 90.00
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 40.00
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Metalhead Pinball
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Flip N Out Pinball
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 7,499.99
Pinball Machine
Little Shop Of Games
$ 129.95
Lighting - Interactive
Hookedonpinball.com
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Fontana, CA
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 34.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple
Pinball Machine
Music City Pinball
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 7,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
$ 5,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
There are 6574 posts in this topic. You are on page 130 of 132.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside