IMG_9659 (resized).JPG
IMG_9657 (resized).JPG
IMG_0839 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0836 (resized).jpeg
0633E303-DBFF-4422-A598-AA2F7AB7BCB5 (resized).jpeg
20240202_112319 (resized).jpg
20240202_111955 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 14,932 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 299.
#601 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Okay, I SWEAR to you I'm not trying to be a dick here (although many would say it comes naturally). But SW is the only machine you've got and you've played the snot out of it. How many hours a night since you got it? If I did that with any one of my machines, I bet it would start grating on me as well. Take a break from it for a few days or just don't play it quite as much...I think it will help the honeymoon return. I always take breaks from my games and when I play them again I find myself asking why I ever took a break in the first place. If I DON'T find myself asking that, then I know it's time to sell.

I agree. The other factor he is that the code isn't complete and there are 3(?) main features still missing. A second machine in the collection will go a long way to avoiding burnout on 1 game.

Rob

#602 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I agree. The other factor he is that the code isn't complete and there are 3(?) main features still missing. A second machine in the collection will go a long way to avoiding burnout on 1 game.
Rob

I'm working on it! You're all right. I just wanted to give my impressions after a bit with the game so far. As I said, I still love the game, I'm just not really into the way the button is used overall and I know that's not changing. Otherwise, it's an amazing shooter with awesome media.

#603 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

I'm working on it! You're all right. I just wanted to give my impressions after a bit with the game so far. As I said, I still love the game, I'm just not really into the way the button is used overall and I know that's not changing. Otherwise, it's an amazing shooter with awesome media.

I don't blame you on the button mashing game. Very few pins put the lockbar button to good use. And to be honest, these button mashing (tie fighter + multipliers) features raised a flag with me as a concern from the get go home environment but I wanted to keep silent til I play it. They look like fun intriguing features to be apart of, but when you're doing it for the umpteenth time, it seems more like work than pinball. I'll reserve final judgement til I play, but I'm with you - the button looks exhausting to use game after game.

#604 6 years ago

I played SW for the first time today, and it was a blast. The scoring seems to be really bonus and multiplier centric, e.g I got 760M bonus on one of the balls. Seems to be standard for Stern nowadays, hopefully it gets more balanced when the code develops

#605 6 years ago
Quoted from Kkuoppamaki:

I played SW for the first time today, and it was a blast. The scoring seems to be really bonus and multiplier centric, e.g I got 760M bonus on one of the balls.

During the latest Dead Flip Comicon stream, Dwight was in the chat window and said that he's going to be lowering the scores. He wants a moderate player score to be 1 billion. I'm assuming this means moderate cuts in bonus points and maybe trimming some hurry up values.

Rob

#606 6 years ago

Has anybody written a strategy guide yet? I'm starting to get my head around how the major modes of the game works and the shot multipliers, etc, but looking for some more in depth explanation of the rules. If such a guide exists, is it possible to add it as a key item for this thread?

Edit: Looks like a rulesheet based on .83 code is located here
http://www.tiltforums.com/t/star-wars-rulesheet-0-83/2812

#607 6 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

Has anybody written a strategy guide yet? I'm starting to get my head around how the major modes of the game works and the shot multipliers, etc, but looking for some more in depth explanation of the rules. If such a guide exists, is it possible to add it as a key item for this thread?

Even a basic game play guide would be good. Nomenclature as to what everything on the playfield is called, what the shots are called, what the various colors of the arrows mean, what it means when there is a lit x in an arrow, how multipliers go on and off - how they are selected, why they are scored or not, what a hurry up is (terminology), etc.

Also a good short video of 5-10 minutes that just thoroughly explains gameplay itself with the glass off would be a good thing to have out there.

You can stumble through and learn on your own, but if you are not very familiar with the newest games you can be scratching your head as you learn to play this game. You can bang away and learn as you go, but a good guide along with a nice short instructional video would be welcomed by a number of folks I would think.

#608 6 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Even a basic game play guide would be good. Nomenclature as to what everything on the playfield is called, what the shots are called, what the various colors of the arrows mean, what it means when there is a lit x in an arrow, how multipliers go on and off - how they are selected, why they are scored or not, what a hurry up is (terminology), etc.
Also a good short video of 5-10 minutes that just thoroughly explains gameplay itself with the glass off would be a good thing to have out there.
You can stumble through and learn on your own, but if you are not vary familiar with the newest games you can be scratching your head as you learn to play this game. You can bang away and learn as you go, but a good guide along with a nice short instructional video would be welcomed by a number of folks I would think.

There will be a video of this coming very soon.

#609 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

I just feel like this guy is going to be more of a competition game than a home game(which is how I play --- at home..for fun..I'm not chasing anyone's scores.

You are not alone. I feel like Star Wars will be good for tournaments and for location but it may get stale quickly in a home environment. I don't pay attention to scoring, I like to just play and try and progress as far as possible. I enjoy getting to or close to wizard mode and it is about the progression and not about scoring. Adding a bunch of multipliers and bonuses does nothing for me. Star Wars modes are very rinse and repeat and they are all so similar that you will be chopping wood in no time. I understand how it could get old quick with a small collection in the home environment. I really enjoy fast flowing games and Star Wars seems to take the cake, but it does not do it for me because of the similar modes and objectives. LOTR feels like you are taking a journey, SW feels like you are just blowing through similar modes and hitting a button thousands of times to kill tie-fighters. Hoping it will grow on me but for now I do not feel like chopping wood.

#610 6 years ago

well my Hoth Insert started Ghosting but at least it is Hoth / Hoth is cold . one could say it is Frosty now . Ice is forming on edges / Ha / Damn why oh why cant it stay Brand new looking after 50 games / Hope no more start / Still enjoying the Honeymoon but will stop playing it and play my others so I do not get burned out . Feels different than my other games so I enjoy the variety I have here

#611 6 years ago

oh. and is there a hyperspace multiball available on the pro? I have not yet gotten one

#612 6 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

oh. and is there a hyperspace multiball available on the pro? I have not yet gotten one

Yes, you have to hit hyperspace hurry up 3 times, then it will capture a ball and throw another one at you, if you knock the other ball out of captivity(or your multiball hurry up ends without collecting), it will then throw a 3rd ball onto the table.

#613 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

Wow I see you are selling your SW already. This speaks loudly to me as a collector who likes to alsomplay my games a lot. However you are looking for a GB instead and I can tell you that with the linear modes and the lack of variety in things to accomplish it got old for me and I could not handle it any longer. Not sure you are going to get the "adventure" you seek there.

Still to be selling SW so quickly and has the honeymoon phase end after only a few hundred plays- OUCH!

#614 6 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Wow I see you are selling your SW already. This speaks loudly to me as a collector who likes to alsomplay my games a lot. However you are looking for a GB instead and I can tell you that with the linear modes and the lack of variety in things to accomplish it got old for me and I could not handle it any longer. Not sure you are going to get the "adventure" you seek there.
Still to be selling SW so quickly and has the honeymoon phase end after only a few hundred plays- OUCH!

It's not because I find the game bad, I promise. I still love the game. I just only have one pin, and am looking for a specific gameplay style. (I feel SW offers more of a competition style of play than a "journey"(sorry for that word)) -- if I were to not sell or trade it and have to keep it, I would honestly not mind. SW is my dream theme. So is TWD, so I'm kind of shooting around for that more than anything.

Thanks for your thoughts on GB.

#615 6 years ago

Im 300 games in and love this game!!! Its a risk/reward game alot to me when you have to hit the action button and not have both hands on the flipper buttons. The button mashing for Tie Fighters and moving the multipliers is similar to having your Tilt set properly and knowing that bump could cost you a Tilt, risk/reward.

TWD and GB i wouldnt consider journey games. Only games i felt like that were Hobbit and LOTR.

#616 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

It's not because I find the game bad, I promise. I still love the game. I just only have one pin, and am looking for a specific gameplay style. (I feel SW offers more of a competition style of play than a "journey"(sorry for that word)) -- if I were to not sell or trade it and have to keep it, I would honestly not mind. SW is my dream theme. So is TWD, so I'm kind of shooting around for that more than anything.
Thanks for your thoughts on GB.

You'd love be LOTR. The best journey pin ever.

#617 6 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Oh I do love LOTR. I do not however have the funds available to purchase one.

#618 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

You could turn your SW into an LOTR without too much trouble!

#619 6 years ago

If he got bored with SW that fast, he should be able to sell LOTR within two weeks.

#620 6 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Yes LOTR is definitely a journey machine. So deep you will likely never finish it (I have only once been one shot away). It follows the movies so closely but is still fast and has great flow (unlike Hobbit). But as deep as the game is to complete it is still very easy for anyone to just pickup and play.

I also had TWD and nothing close the the journey and accomplishment that LOTR offers.

#621 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

If he got bored with SW that fast, he should be able to sell LOTR within two weeks.

Lol. LOTR is my holy grail pin and will never leave my collection. With that said, I think I'd hate playing it if was my only pin. You nailed it, it would feel different really quickly if I didnt have some short ball time games like IM or TWD to mix it up a bit.

#622 6 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Lol. LOTR is my holy grail pin and will never leave my collection. With that said, I think I'd hate playing it if was my only pin. You nailed it, it would feel different really quickly if I didnt have some short ball time games like IM or TWD to mix it up a bit.

I also agree with this 100%. It's a game a month for me but also never leaving my collection

#623 6 years ago

I've had my lotr for over 10 years now and never finished it. Will be in my collection for a long time.

Looking forward to my Star Wars arriving one day too.

#624 6 years ago

My pro arrives Friday morning. Looked at pinball map and saw the local bar had both SW and DI so went to play both. Having played DI in before, I really wasn't too interested this time, as it was all about SW. SW was a blast and I can say I was a bit relieved after getting some games in. Friday can't come soon enough!

#625 6 years ago
Quoted from Groo:

My pro arrives Friday morning. Looked at pinball map and saw the local bar had both SW and DI so went to play both. Having played DI in before, I really wasn't too interested this time, as it was all about SW. SW was a blast and I can say I was a bit relieved after getting some games in. Friday can't come soon enough!

You are going to enjoy your SW when it arrives ! May the force be with you.

#626 6 years ago

I think SW is good in a larger collection. As an only pin it may struggle. So fast and has that 1 more game feel but if you don't get that good game where you progress it will probably get frustrating.
I still think it compares very well to Iron Man. No Monger type toy, but the video screen engages you along with the lockdown bar button.

#627 6 years ago

I recently lost my IM and GOT and can not friggin wait to get my SW pro this week to fill the hole in my heart (and collection) they left behind!

#628 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

One pin is just not enough.....trust me, haha

#629 6 years ago
Quoted from Butch2099:

I think SW is good in a larger collection. As an only pin it may struggle

The majority of games will struggle in a 1 game collection, that's why many have more than 1

Rob

#630 6 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

I recently lost my IM and GOT and can not friggin wait to get my SW pro this week to fill the hole in my heart (and collection) they left behind!

How did you lose 2 games?

Rob

#631 6 years ago

I'm just about to sell my LOTR. Everyone summed it up well - it's probably the best journey game out there. Wonderfully done. But, been in my collection for a very long time. Time for some new blood.

Still on fence on SW. Need to play it - premium.

#632 6 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

How did you lose 2 games?

haha man I love all my games so much and am mildly space-restricted.

When one gets sold or traded I get super bummed. I think of them all as old friends and family members!

*pours a bit of my drink out*

#633 6 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

I think my initial honeymoon phase might be over.

This happens to everyone I think. It's just a matter of how long before you have seen everything. My first game with a wizard mode was ruined for me by playing with the glass off and reading rulesheets and strategy posts on RGP.

Ever since I turn off all extra balls, never play with the glass off, and open the outlanes all the way. Or install extra hard in the settings.

They last longer and I still get the quick games. Some games I have never seen the end like SM. But I really enjoy it still on location almost 10 years after first playing it. There are lots of games people call easy that are not if setup this way. Some games, I will tweak to be easier after a year or 2 to keep them fun but not at first. Like on ACDC, I will never get to the end due to the settings I have.

Just move on if you feel that way or get a couple so that you just can't put the time in on the game too fast. People mention LOTR but if that was your only game when you miss after a really long game, you just don't feel like doing the spadeword anymore and need a quick fast and fun game. YMMV though.

Enjoy it while you own it.

#634 6 years ago
Quoted from KJL:

This happens to everyone I think. It's just a matter of how long before you have seen everything. My first game with a wizard mode was ruined for me by playing with the glass off and reading rulesheets and strategy posts on RGP

Does anyone think the wizard mode in SW is going to be easier to get to that the Iron Throne in GoT?

Rob

#635 6 years ago

Tonight I was playing and was having the game of my life, when the machine freaked out and rebooted. All the GI went out and LCD turned off but I still had a ball in play and still had power to my flippers. I'm not sure if I had too much running or what.

I was in the middle of two modes (destroy the Death Star and battle above endor) started tie fighter multiball and then also started hyperspace multiball. Ended up losing all of my balls exexpt for the one locked by hyperspace. It released my hyperspace ball and that last when everything turned off and the game rebooted.

#636 6 years ago

I don't like these spotlights in the way of the left loop shot. Anybody else bothered by this? Im gonna fix it next weekend with a simple bracket to move them over the left return ramp. This is from my view when I play.

IMG_0916 (resized).JPGIMG_0916 (resized).JPG

#637 6 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Tonight I was playing and was having the game of my life, when the machine freaked out and rebooted. All the GI went out and LCD turned off but I still had a ball in play and still had power to my flippers. I'm not sure if I had too much running or what.
I was in the middle of two modes (destroy the Death Star and battle above endor) started tie fighter multiball and then also started hyperspace multiball. Ended up losing all of my balls exexpt for the one locked by hyperspace. It released my hyperspace ball and that last when everything turned off and the game rebooted.

Happens fairly regularly on my Aerosmith LE. I think its an underlying Spike 2 thing.

#638 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Happens fairly regularly on my Aerosmith LE. I think its an underlying Spike 2 thing.

That really sucks. Hopefully they can fix it as a mate has got an Aerosmith and a Star Wars coming soon.
I'm not keen to have problems like that ruining new machines playability.

#639 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Happened to me a few times on my GB as well. All lights/display off but flippers were still working for a few before everything cut out and it rebooted. Of course mine happened on a great ball as well.

#640 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

We have never had that happen on any Spike machine. Sounds more like a voltage (drop or spike) issue to me. Try a good quality device protector (spike and o/load protection). If that does not fix it I would be finding out what the power supply issue is and go from there. I do not think it has anything to do with the Pinny!

#641 6 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

This happened during the Dead Flip Comicon stream. Dwight said during the stream that one reset bug is fixed already. Is there more than one? I don't know, but it will get sorted out.

Hitting a force target at the start of victory multiball may trigger it?

Rob

#642 6 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

We have never had that happen on any Spike machine. Sounds more like a voltage (drop or spike) issue to me. Try a good quality device protector (spike and o/load protection). If that does not fix it I would be finding out what the power supply issue is and go from there. I do not think it has anything to do with the Pinny!

Actually it's happened on all my Spike machines inc. GB and in different physical locations (like different buildings in different suburbs). Never happened to any SAM or WhiteStar machine I've owned, in the same locations, over a longer period.

Might be code, might be how Spike handles power, but of the Stern games I've owned, it's definitely limited to Spike.

#643 6 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Actually it's happened on all my Spike machines inc. GB and in different physical locations (like different buildings in different suburbs). Never happened to any SAM or WhiteStar machine I've owned, in the same locations, over a longer period.
Might be code, might be how Spike handles power, but of the Stern games I've owned, it's definitely limited to Spike.

It has happened to me twice on about 1,200 Spike games played, between GOT and Ghostbusters. Both were Ghostbusters.

#644 6 years ago

my GOT was resetting when i first got it, stern sent me a new power supply and it has not reset since the replacement....

#645 6 years ago

It has happened to me once in over 800 games played on my Aerosmith LE. I have a very high quality power conditioner hook up also so it's an issue with the Pin and not my power supply.

#646 6 years ago
Quoted from Tmezel:

I don't like these spotlights in the way of the left loop shot. Anybody else bothered by this? Im gonna fix it next weekend with a simple bracket to move them over the left return ramp. This is from my view when I play.

I think anything improving site lines is a good mod Tim

#647 6 years ago

Just took delivery of my pro today. Couldn't be happier

IMG_5863 (resized).JPGIMG_5863 (resized).JPG

#648 6 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Just took delivery of my pro today. Couldn't be happier

I'm driving on 78...on my way.

#649 6 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm driving on 78...on my way.

You're welcome anytime Jersey buddy! PM me if you'd like to come check it out sometime

#650 6 years ago

Has anybody had their ball bounce back out of the loop when coming in from the right side when Hoth was lit and The ball hits the posts that pop up? Happens to me lots on a really fast/hard right loop shot, kind of annoying, my strategy now has been trying to hit it in a way where it's not going so quickly.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
€ 160.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
€ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 175.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
Sound/Speakers
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
Machine - For Sale
Wilkes-barre, PA
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 39.00
€ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball
Protection
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
8,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades
Toys/Add-ons
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 14,932 posts in this topic. You are on page 13 of 299.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.