SW Topper 1 (resized).jpg
Screen Bezels (resized).jpg
IMG_3171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3170 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4042 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240411-000808 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,065 posts in this topic. You are on page 129 of 302.
#6401 5 years ago
Quoted from pudealee:

Posted something about my mini LCD a few months back (see below). Basically the mini LCD is going all white on boot up. Previously, if I power-cycled the machine it would clear up. Now, I have to remove the glass and fiddle with the cat-5 cables before it works. It's starting to be a pain in the butt. I tried anchoring the cable in the socket with some zip-ties, and that worked for a while, but it continues to pop up occasionally. I have contacted Stern. Was wondering if anybody else is seeing this.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/120#post-4637515
[quoted image]

That particular problem hasn't happened to my machine but I'd try an off the shelf cat 5 cable as a replacement and see how that goes. Early on I did have to replace one of my cat 5 cables for a different reason. When the inner loop up post was activating, the mechanism below the playfield would touch a cat 5 cable that was loose and eventually damaged the cable and the machine wouldn't boot up. A few cable zip-ties and a replacement cable fixed the issue up.

#6402 5 years ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

Most I've ever gotten is 2 balls in Hyper space. Wish I knew how to add more!

I had this question a while back and posted it on this thread.

Turns out, during hyperspace mb, there is a very short time limit to get balls up the ramp and into the hyperspace loop. Also turns out, that you can add time to do this by hitting either the left orbit or the right ramp (you will see at the start of this mb the left orbit and right ramp have yellow insert lights lit, similar to hyperspace hurry-up). How much time exactly, I am not entirely sure.

The person that responded to this question said that first thing that he does when Hyperspace mb starts is that he tries to hit an orbit or a right ramp right off the bat to add time and then tries to load the balls up the fork.

In actual gameplay, I have a difficult time doing this in time, but, if you take the glass off and do it by hand to test it, you will find that you can actually get multiple balls into the loop through this method. That said, if you can just quickly fire balls up that fork right off the bat, that would also work, but most times (if not every time) I get so excited I just miss the damn shot.

#6403 5 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

I had this question a while back and posted it on this thread.
Turns out, during hyperspace mb, there is a very short time limit to get balls up the ramp and into the hyperspace loop. Also turns out, that you can add time to do this by hitting either the left orbit or the right ramp (you will see at the start of this mb the left orbit and right ramp have yellow insert lights lit, similar to hyperspace hurry-up). How much time exactly, I am not entirely sure.
The person that responded to this question said that first thing that he does when Hyperspace mb starts is that he tries to hit an orbit or a right ramp right off the bat to add time and then tries to load the balls up the fork.
In actual gameplay, I have a difficult time doing this in time, but, if you take the glass off and do it by hand to test it, you will find that you can actually get multiple balls into the loop through this method. That said, if you can just quickly fire balls up that fork right off the bat, that would also work, but most times (if not every time) I get so excited I just miss the damn shot.

The basic strategy is to shoot the right ramp via backhand and shoot the loop immediately after on the return. If you manage to make 3 right ramps, you will have a lot of time to get balls in the hyper loop.

#6404 5 years ago

Hey guys, I love my Star Wars game, its actually pretty fun. This am I finally destroyed the second death star. The only thing I dont like is the shaker motor feels too strong to me. On my Tron I had Gameroomguys adjust the weights and that helped.. I couldnt get the weights off myself. Is there an easier solution to taming down the shaker motor? I want to do same on my walking dead.. its like shaking that thing to bits.

#6405 5 years ago

Have you already adjusted the setttings and set the shaker to low?

#6406 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Have you already adjusted the setttings and set the shaker to low?

I always thought thought that setting adjusts the shaker frequency during the game.. not adjust the intensity.. am I wrong?

#6407 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

That's funny-I used to be like you when I first got into the hobby(self-proclaimed purist). I had the perception that a game should be set up as close to what people would play at a tournament or event. 3 Ball, wide open lanes, no ball save, no extra balls, basically kick you in the nuts on every game. I then had the realization that I do not give a shit if it set up as "Tournament" style or not. To me I would rather have fun and progress further. Star Wars is a game where(unless you are a really good player) that it is almost mandatory to set up on five ball. The game is so fast and has some cheap drains which can be frustrating when you are trying to progress. So I have it on five ball and out of almost every game played, I get at least two cheap drains-so it evens out. Are all of my games on 5 ball-hell no. I can't imagine LOTR and others on 5 ball-it would be torture. I have also decided to leave my out lanes wide open and I like my games at a slightly aggressive pitch.
Long story short-Guys don't be afraid to change your settings to 5 ball or adjust your out lanes, etc. on this title. Do what YOU have to do to make the game fun to play. Now make those adjustments and destroy that damn Death Star!

I've always thought setting a hard game to 5 balls is a lot better than adjusting the outlanes, etc. . First it's relatively easy to know how you stand against 3 ball players, just note your score after three balls (maybe extra balls complicate things, but still). You are also playing the game at the same difficulty per ball, so nudging, etc. remains the same so the skills you're practicing are directly applicable to the machine at 3 balls. Not saying you should put it to five balls, but I'd do that first before closing the outlanes on a machine.

Oh and I finally played Star Wars on location -- it's fun, I'm jealous of you guys.

#6408 5 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

...First it's relatively easy to know how you stand against 3 ball players....

You don't.

#6409 5 years ago

Well, I've always heard it's not the number of balls but what you do with them that matters. Just something I heard though.

#6410 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I always thought thought that setting adjusts the shaker frequency during the game.. not adjust the intensity.. am I wrong?

I’m pretty sure it’s the intensity.
I found mine ridiculously violent at default settings and backed it down to medium. It’s still fairly excessive.

#6411 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Hey guys, I love my Star Wars game, its actually pretty fun. This am I finally destroyed the second death star. The only thing I dont like is the shaker motor feels too strong to me. On my Tron I had Gameroomguys adjust the weights and that helped.. I couldnt get the weights off myself. Is there an easier solution to taming down the shaker motor? I want to do same on my walking dead.. its like shaking that thing to bits.

I have the same issue with my shaker on SW. I turned it off it was so bad. I’m wrapped up with work and family so have been really procrastinating in troubleshooting it. But I plan to move the shaker into my IMDN and see if it’s still too strong or not. I’ll report back if and when I get to it - #lazypinballcollector

#6412 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I’m pretty sure it’s the intensity.
I found mine ridiculously violent at default settings and backed it down to medium. It’s still fairly excessive.

I tried low setting and it was better but, I think it just effects how often the shaker gets triggered, not the strength of it. I mainly get the strong intensified shaker effect during the video mode more than anything, even at low. Maybe some anti rattle tape will help on the glass and backbox?

#6413 5 years ago
Quoted from iloveplywood:

Just something I heard though.

Yep 5 ball players say that i think

#6414 5 years ago

Correct. the settings for shakers on Sterns are for how often the game calls the shaker. it has nothing to do with the shaking effect. If its violent on max its violent on low. Is this an aftermarket shaker or a Stern shaker? Too bad the PWM controllers can't be used with spike that would be perfect.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

I tried low setting and it was better but, I think it just effects how often the shaker gets triggered, not the strength of it. I mainly get the strong intensified shaker effect during the video mode more than anything, even at low. Maybe some anti rattle tape will help on the glass and backbox?

#6415 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I have the same issue with my shaker on SW. I turned it off it was so bad. I’m wrapped up with work and family so have been really procrastinating in troubleshooting it. But I plan to move the shaker into my IMDN and see if it’s still too strong or not. I’ll report back if and when I get to it - #lazypinballcollector

The best is to adjust the weights like gameroomguys did for my Tron, but I couldnt get the damn weights off, it broke my hex tool!

#6416 5 years ago

Just enjoy the shake.... Holy crap!

#6417 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Correct. the settings for shakers on Sterns are for how often the game calls the shaker. it has nothing to do with the shaking effect. If its violent on max its violent on low. Is this an aftermarket shaker or a Stern shaker? Too bad the PWM controllers can't be used with spike that would be perfect.

Mine was Pinball life which I get all my shakers from. I’ve never had an issue with theirs. They do now offer Stern factory approved shakers which I got for my acdc which actually is a little on the violent side too to be honest. I think the problem is the pro’s are so lightweight built nowadays, they just can’t handle the shake to be honest.

My 1st IMDN PRO I had a Pinball life shaker and no issues, I really need to swap my SW one into my new IMDN and confirm. I wonder if the service rails play a factor in this as the added weight keeps the pf more secure? <thinking out loud>

#6418 5 years ago
Quoted from nowakster:

What version of code and which tier? (pro or prem/le)?

LE and Premium only have hyper space...

#6419 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

The basic strategy is to shoot the right ramp via backhand and shoot the loop immediately after on the return. If you manage to make 3 right ramps, you will have a lot of time to get balls in the hyper loop.

How do you activate hyper space mb?

#6420 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I wrapped tape around the edges of the glass and now it fits right and doesn't rattle. Big difference.

#6421 5 years ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

How do you activate hyper space mb?

Activate by hitting the second hyperspace hurry-up and goes right into hyperapace mb.

#6422 5 years ago
Quoted from ChipScott:

Activate by hitting the second hyperspace hurry-up and goes right into hyperapace mb.

Yes. The yellow arrows are lit as hyperspace hurry-ups. The left orbit and right ramp typically. For the second one, make that the right ramp backhand into the hyperloop combo. If you can't backhand your right ramp, 1. clean your game and 2. adjust the pitch to 6.5%. All Star Wars I have played it is pretty easily backhand-able.

#6423 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Yes. The yellow arrows are lit as hyperspace hurry-ups. The left orbit and right ramp typically. For the second one, make that the right ramp backhand into the hyperloop combo. If you can't backhand your right ramp, 1. clean your game and 2. adjust the pitch to 6.5%. All Star Wars I have played it is pretty easily backhand-able.

yes backhands very well for the right ramp.

#6424 5 years ago

Played a SW pro on location and inner horseshoe loop/death star shot kept draining SDTM very often when hit with any pace on the ball. Boomerang drains.

I’m sure it was discussed before. But what was the fix. Pitch angel, tape, or just bad ‘play better’ design?

#6425 5 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

Played a SW pro on location and inner horseshoe loop/death star shot kept draining SDTM very often when hit with any pace on the ball. Boomerang drains.
I’m sure it was discussed before. But what was the fix. Pitch angel, tape, or just bad ‘play better’ design?

Usually leveling the game will fix that.

#6426 5 years ago

Play a premium or LE

#6427 5 years ago

I have this issue on my machine and no amount of levelling, re-levelling will fix it.
This is just poor design/testing or variations in production.

#6428 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinbad:

I have this issue on my machine and no amount of levelling, re-levelling will fix it.
This is just poor design/testing or variations in production.

I have mine at 7deg pitch, and have the exit ball guide on the Hoth side an ever so slightly bend outward. Shot has been fantastic since, still fast as balls which can cause a drain very rarely if I don’t react to it.

#6429 5 years ago

The more I play this Pin, the more Im like wow this is awesome... except for those damn drains which I still haven't adjusted. How do you get to the fight the emperor thing? And can someone please tell me more about this multiplier. When should I use it and when shouldn't I? Im still confused about that button in the middle other then for shooting all those tie fighters.

#6430 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I have mine at 7deg pitch, and have the exit ball guide on the Hoth side an ever so slightly bend outward. Shot has been fantastic since, still fast as balls which can cause a drain very rarely if I don’t react to it.

Do you ever find that with the pitch being higher, it's harder/allot more challenging to get the ball up the Death Star forks?

I've lowered my machine and it goes up the forks allot easier.

#6431 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

The more I play this Pin, the more Im like wow this is awesome... except for those damn drains which I still haven't adjusted. How do you get to the fight the emperor thing? And can someone please tell me more about this multiplier. When should I use it and when shouldn't I? Im still confused about that button in the middle other then for shooting all those tie fighters.

To fight the Emperor, you must complete all of the modes and the planet mb's, and, in addition, you must complete lightsaber duel, escape from Boba Fett, obtain 100 Tie fighters, as well as achieve Jedi Master. Once this has been accomplished, there will be green arrows pointing towards the left ramp to initiate the emperor battle. Once that battle has been completed, the character that you are/were playing will stay lit, and you will progress to the next of the available characters to play, i.e. Luke, R2D2, Han, Leia.

For me, I am still working on using the multiplier well during gameplay. The multiplier will increase every time you hit the 3-Bank targets by the Tie fighters underneath the small LCD screen. Either while the ball is in play about the pf, or while the ball is cradled on the flipper, hitting the lockdown bar button will turn the multiplier inserts from green to red, after which time you can use the left or right flipper to move them around. Once you have them where you want them, you tap the lockdown bar button again and it goes from red to green (green = activated multiplier). So, for example, you're in a mode that requires a right loop shot, if you have the opportunity, move the multiplier insert over to the right loop, make sure it's activated by turning it green, and then take that shot = obtaining that score plus whatever the multiplier is at....whew....hahaha. Remember, the elevated multiplier only lasts for a brief period of time and you can tell it is about to run out because you hear a fast beeping sound alarming you that your time with that multiplier is almost up. This can be continued or even increased by hitting the 3-Bank targets again.

Of note, the higher the multiplier gets, the fewer the inserts there are to move around...for example, when the multiplier is at 2x, 3x, 5x, etc. there may be three inserts, however, when it is higher such as 10x, 15x, or more, there may be only two or even one insert to move about the pf.
Other uses for the button would include starting a new game, selecting the modes you want, and...i think that's about it.

#6432 5 years ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

Do you ever find that with the pitch being higher, it's harder/allot more challenging to get the ball up the Death Star forks?
I've lowered my machine and it goes up the forks allot easier.

I have a pro so it’s a non issue. That said, there’s an adjustment nut under or around the Death Star for prem/LE that can be made to make the shot smoother.

#6433 5 years ago

The center button also launches an extra ball when flashing orange during multi-ball modes by holding it for one second. This will also turn off your multipliers, so hit it again to re-enable them.

#6434 5 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

The center button also launches an extra ball when flashing orange during multi-ball modes by holding it for one second. This will also turn off your multipliers, so hit it again to re-enable them.

I ALWAYS look up and realize I've been playing with the multipliers off after adding a ball. Never fails!

#6435 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

there’s an adjustment nut under or around the Death Star for prem/LE that can be made to make the shot smoother.

yeah not sure which nut that is...

#6436 5 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Here’s something else cool about SW that not many people know (even dead flip)...you can stack add a balls - up to two. Do you can do ROTJ for example, get its add a ball, not use it, then when you play the next planet multiball and collect another add a ball, you’ll have 2 add a balls.

Quoted from Riffbear:

yeah not sure which nut that is...

Can’t really help you as I don’t have a prem. But, I think there’s only one but to be found and adjusted and it’s right below the Death Star (or so I’ve learned from reading other posts about it).

#6437 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I ALWAYS look up and realize I've been playing with the multipliers off after adding a ball. Never fails!

You don't need to look up. If the X arrows are red they are off.

#6438 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

You don't need to look up. If the X arrows are red they are off.

Yes, that's what I meant. Look up from my multiball flipper tunnel vision

#6439 5 years ago

Are there any art blades available for the pro, other than the 6 pack I'm seeing for $160? Why do I need 6 pairs, I only have 1 machine. Isn't this odd

#6440 5 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

Are there any art blades available for the pro, other than the 6 pack I'm seeing for $160? Why do I need 6 pairs, I only have 1 machine. Isn't this odd

I have 1 set left from the 6 if your interested

#6441 5 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I have 1 set left from the 6 if your interested

Which one or could you send a pic? What do you do with them all? Aren't they adhesive, or do you have one on for a while, then lay another over it?

#6442 5 years ago

I am also interested in a set of art blades. Stern is silly, selling them in 3 pairs.

#6443 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Can’t really help you as I don’t have a prem. But, I think there’s only one but to be found and adjusted and it’s right below the Death Star (or so I’ve learned from reading other posts about it).

Yes seen that bolt and the area underneath it is fixed. (Cannot move) so that fix does not make any sense.

#6444 5 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

Which one or could you send a pic? What do you do with them all? Aren't they adhesive, or do you have one on for a while, then lay another over it?

No, I used 1 set and tried to sell the others, but only 1 set sold.
Here is the set I have left.

20190204_154121 (resized).jpg20190204_154121 (resized).jpg
#6445 5 years ago

I have 2 sets available that I'd sell. I have used the top bounty hunter one and the bottom Vader one. I'd sell any of the middle ones.

Asking $50 USD plus shipping for each set of 2. PM me if interested.

StarWarsBlades (resized).jpgStarWarsBlades (resized).jpg
#6446 5 years ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

Yes seen that bolt and the area underneath it is fixed. (Cannot move) so that fix does not make any sense.

Post #968 on page 20

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/20#post-3925333

#6447 5 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

I have 2 sets available that I'd sell. I have used the top bounty hunter one and the bottom Vader one. I'd sell any of the middle ones.
Asking $50 USD plus shipping for each set of 2. PM me if interested.[quoted image]

Art blades sold. Thanks for the interest.

#6449 5 years ago

I was thinking about creating a new thread for this question, but I thought asking this forum group is okay to ask.

What are the main websites/individuals who are still making 3D mods for this pinball machine. Specifically, I am looking for LE/Premium model support.

I found a website, www.PinWorlds.com, but it appears they are out of stock. What appeals to me about these mods are the inclusion of LED lighting along with the 3D figure that fits the theme of the pinball.

Are there other suggestions that are similar ideas like the website I mentioned for mods?

#6450 5 years ago
Quoted from zermeno68:

I was thinking about creating a new thread for this question, but I thought asking this forum group is okay to ask.
What are the main websites/individuals who are still making 3D mods for this pinball machine. Specifically, I am looking for LE/Premium model support.
I found a website, www.PinWorlds.com, but it appears they are out of stock. What appeals to me about these mods are the inclusion of LED lighting along with the 3D figure that fits the theme of the pinball.
Are there other suggestions that are similar ideas like the website I mentioned for mods?

PinballCharlie made those. Message him and see if he’ll make more. I have all of them and really think they look great! Well made too.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 169.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Machine - For Sale
Portland, OR
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,065 posts in this topic. You are on page 129 of 302.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/129 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.