Screenshot_20240411-000808 (resized).png
Pinside_forum_6208033_1 (resized).jpg
IMG_8600 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6632 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,048 posts in this topic. You are on page 128 of 301.
#6351 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Thanks for clearing that up.
Still, when you make the final shot destroying the Death Star, escaping Hoth, or blowing up Jaba’s palace; the score for that shot is not displayed and the fanfare SW theme music (and sometimes Lando’s Call out) is easily interrupted by tie fighter mb, hyperspace mb, or hyperspace hurryup. Those are 2 big climax points of the games, both in scoring and with the fanfare choreography that often gets dismissed or interrupted. It really takes the rush and achievement away.
Also, scoring shots when displayed are in small red fonts, not easy to see. Whereas GOT shows all shot scoring so prominently, And that is a dmd with much less real estate.
Perhaps I am nitpicking, but those 2 priorities for clearing planet multiballs, I find to be code polishing issues. Dwight said this has been his most proudly coded game, so hopefully there’s a chance he comes back to polish it.

I agree, in planet mini-wizard modes all shots excluding the last are shown; it would be good to see them. But if they are eventually to be displayed I think the way those shots are scored will need to change, or even the mode itself. The reason I say that is because at the moment those last shots are not on any special points hurry-up, they are just regular shots, in reality they probably (not sure on this, just a guess) offer the same value as the second last shot or other previous shots which are shown. So to really give that last shot some weight they'll need to look into shifting the score for those mini-wizard modes to the final shot.

What gives me and I think many of us hope is that it is clear through his interviews that Dwight loves this game so fingers crossed, who knows, Stern might surprise us with a mini update down the line.

#6352 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Do you guys have it on 5 ball? If not change your settings to five ball, I have never been able to blow up Death Star on three ball.

Ugh..... Never.

#6353 5 years ago

My wife just put up a monster score in video mode...what’s the highest? She said she had 40x and it was a perfect run, but she may have missed boost by a split-second.

EA71D509-3E9B-4BB9-87FE-BC3D3F758D87 (resized).jpegEA71D509-3E9B-4BB9-87FE-BC3D3F758D87 (resized).jpeg
#6354 5 years ago

Excellent score!

Depending on what level video mode you are in, a perfect run, 95%+ boosted with a 40x multiplier will earn about:

Level 1: 600,000,000
Level 2: 900,000,000
Level 3: 1,200,000,000

Odd thing is I often find Lv2 harder than Lv3 when it comes to getting a perfect run.

#6355 5 years ago

So I might join the club and get a premium, but a couple questions. For people that have had this for a while, is it a keeper because f gameplay or theme and is there a difference from buying one made early compared to recent? We’re there any changes or fixes? Thanks Mike

#6356 5 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

So I might join the club and get a premium, but a couple questions. For people that have had this for a while, is it a keeper because f gameplay or theme and is there a difference from buying one made early compared to recent? We’re there any changes or fixes? Thanks Mike

For me it's definitely a keeper.
So much to learn and it's a steve Ritchie! Super super fast game!

Not sure about build qualities as it's a fairly recent game...

#6357 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Ugh..... Never.

That's funny-I used to be like you when I first got into the hobby(self-proclaimed purist). I had the perception that a game should be set up as close to what people would play at a tournament or event. 3 Ball, wide open lanes, no ball save, no extra balls, basically kick you in the nuts on every game. I then had the realization that I do not give a shit if it set up as "Tournament" style or not. To me I would rather have fun and progress further. Star Wars is a game where(unless you are a really good player) that it is almost mandatory to set up on five ball. The game is so fast and has some cheap drains which can be frustrating when you are trying to progress. So I have it on five ball and out of almost every game played, I get at least two cheap drains-so it evens out. Are all of my games on 5 ball-hell no. I can't imagine LOTR and others on 5 ball-it would be torture. I have also decided to leave my out lanes wide open and I like my games at a slightly aggressive pitch.

Long story short-Guys don't be afraid to change your settings to 5 ball or adjust your out lanes, etc. on this title. Do what YOU have to do to make the game fun to play. Now make those adjustments and destroy that damn Death Star!

#6358 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

That's funny-I used to be like you when I first got into the hobby(self-proclaimed purist). I had the perception that a game should be set up as close to what people would play at a tournament or event. 3 Ball, wide open lanes, no ball save, no extra balls, basically kick you in the nuts on every game. I then had the realization that I do not give a shit if it set up as "Tournament" style or not. To me I would rather have fun and progress further. Star Wars is a game where(unless you are a really good player) that it is almost mandatory to set up on five ball. The game is so fast and has some cheap drains which can be frustrating when you are trying to progress. So I have it on five ball and out of almost every game played, I get at least two cheap drains-so it evens out. Are all of my games on 5 ball-hell no. I can't imagine LOTR and others on 5 ball-it would be torture. I have also decided to leave my out lanes wide open and I like my games at a slightly aggressive pitch.
Long story short-Guys don't be afraid to change your settings to 5 ball or adjust your out lanes, etc. on this title. Do what YOU have to do to make the game fun to play. Now make those adjustments and destroy that damn Death Star!

I'm not a purist, by any means. I have things set up to give extra balls, so I at least feel like I kinda "earned" them. But setting to 5 ball, to me, removes the pressure to do well in order to advance and see what the game has to offer. Every time I have a great game in 3 ball I get to see a little more and the frustration of "almost getting there" keeps me coming back for more. 5 ball ruins all that and feels more like cheating to me. It's like downloading a cheat code on a video game where I already am given all the good weapons.

#6359 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

feels more like cheating to me

Na not cheating-just avoiding cheap ass drains.

By the way I have my Ghostbusters on 5 ball as well because of the flipper gap and cheap ass drains. Again-do what you have to do to have fun.

#6360 5 years ago

ha, I lower the outlanes on just about EVERYONE of my pins. Otherwise I would probably never enjoy playing. also, I keep my machines on 3 ball, but if I want to have a monster game, I bump that shit to 10 ball for a few games. then I put it back to 3...

edit:i don't ever save a high score on a 10 ball game though...

#6361 5 years ago

I don’t see anything wrong with putting a game at 5 ball. Just like you have the option to put the outlanes in the tight position or open them up; or change ball saver times, etc... settings are put in place for that reason, pinball has a wide variety of different types of players. They are intended to be setup for the way you like.

Now that all said, I have my SW to only allow 1 extra ball max, Victory mb ball saver at 5 secs, tie fighter mb saver at 10 secs. Go try those settings and let me know how you’all Do yea, I’m a glutton for punishment - hell at one time I had extra balls turned off, that was just too brutal! I’m just trying to figure out now if I want my 1 extra ball to be from modes or from 100 tie fighters. I have it on modes now; but when you can master most the modes, that eb is a little easy - I may move it to 100 tie fighters.

In the almighty scheme of things; I believe there needs to be a balance between moderation, fun, challenging, and satisfaction when it comes to pinball.

#6362 5 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

SW has an unorthodox ruleset, so keep that in mind in that it’s not for everybody and it can be hard to learn. The simplist way to start learning is to look at the mode inserts when selecting missions and do not stack any of them. Stacking missions is for when you know what you’re doing; otherwise you’ll just get lost.

That said, SW is one of those game’s that when you’re playing it you can’t stop playing, very addicting. However, when you’re not playing it and not at home and start peeling back the layers and really think about it; it feels like there’s Not a lot there, and some of it could have been done better. And you start thinking, mmmmm maybe I should trade it. Then, you get home and you might have a foul taste in your mouth and ignore it, so you play your other pins; then for giggles you decide to play one game of SW at 9pm before bed and then 20 games later it’s 11 o’clock and you remember how cool this game is.

A good example of this is my IMDN vs SW. when I sit here typing this and think about these two games, IMDN checks all the boxes - art, gameplay, rules, code polish, fanfare, call outs, the overall package is just there. SW doesn’t check all these boxes; it’s magic is hidden beneath the surface in the fun/Adrenalin dept and not so much in the pinside rating aesthetics dept. Sorry for the long post, hard to describe, but hopefully that makes sense.

#6363 5 years ago
Quoted from twinmice:

The theme is, of course, awesome. The movie clips on the LCD screen are great and add a lot of cool and nostalgia, as well as help in overall gameplay immersion. The gameplay itself is fast and fun with a lot of different modes and a lot of different options on how to play...mix that with some really cool hurryups, and you've got yourself one heck of a game!
I picked up my premium up as soon as it was available and have enjoyed it ever since. Not everybody is into it, but I really like the hyperspace loop. To me, that's one hell of a shot and very satisfying! For me, I don't think I would ever get rid of this game. As Eskaybee said, there's just something about this game that once you start playing, it is very hard to walk away from and you find yourself saying, damn, this game is awesome...

#6364 5 years ago

Anyone know where to get the clear plastic over the right ramp on a Premium/LE. Not sure if it's the same on a Pro? Part # is 830-8400-21L and I'm not seeing it anywhere online.

IMG_20190126_134406 (resized).jpgIMG_20190126_134406 (resized).jpg
#6365 5 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

Anyone know where to get the clear plastic over the right ramp on a Premium/LE.

It's a design flaw and breaks frequently. Pinball universe in Germany has a replacement (a bit thicker, too) , but it's not listed in the shop. Email them and they will respond with a fair price and very fair shipping.

#6366 5 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

Anyone know where to get the clear plastic over the right ramp on a Premium/LE. Not sure if it's the same on a Pro? Part # is 830-8400-21L and I'm not seeing it anywhere online.
[quoted image]

Stern sent me a new one. I glued/taped the cracked original and kept it on my machine. I'll install the new one if I ever sell it.

#6367 5 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

It's a design flaw

Agree. Mine broke after the third week i had it. Stern sent a new one.

#6368 5 years ago

Stern sent me a new one as well

#6369 5 years ago
Quoted from Banker:

Stern sent me a new one as well

Thing is that the original is to thin. So that's not really fixing anything it's good to have an original on hand tho, for when you want to sell. Which for me is gong to be... Never.

#6370 5 years ago

Has anyone had an issue where the fork ramp keeps going up and down during the game? I have verified the micro switches on the ramp as well as the opto switch behind the ramp. Everything worked during diagnostic tests. Any suggestions?

#6371 5 years ago
Quoted from TheBK:

Has anyone had an issue where the fork ramp keeps going up and down during the game? I have verified the micro switches on the ramp as well as the opto switch behind the ramp. Everything worked during diagnostic tests. Any suggestions?

Is it happening during a mode, or in between modes?
I ask only because there are one or two modes that use the ramp as a final shot, for example in the one Tatooine mode with the Melenium Falcon (escape Tatooine?), As soon as you hit a ramp, the fork elevates.

#6372 5 years ago

When I am at a point where I am suppose to shoot the hyperspace ramp, the ramp is moving up and down. I've run the fork ramp test and the ramp moves to all three positions (down, mid-way and up).

#6373 5 years ago

I've been using R2D2 to complete the death star mode but the ramp keeps cycling up and down. Same thing happens at the start of using any of the characters.

#6374 5 years ago
Quoted from TheBK:

I had this problem. When it happened to me, it looked like the middle switch wasn't registering as being hit. When you run the tests, You should be able to stop the death star ramp at each stop. Down, middle, high. If it seems to rotate through on your tests, it might not be hitting one of those stops. Bending the switch helps for me but it does eventually bend back in my experience.

Let me know if that fixes it.

#6375 5 years ago
Quoted from TheBK:

When I am at a point where I am suppose to shoot the hyperspace ramp, the ramp is moving up and down. I've run the fork ramp test and the ramp moves to all three positions (down, mid-way and up).

Does it stop at each position?

#6376 5 years ago

When I run the ramp test, the ramp stops at each position.

#6377 5 years ago
Quoted from TheBK:

When I run the ramp test, the ramp stops at each position.

Maybe reach out to your distributor or reach out to stern with the behavior. Chaz has always been good to me with my questions.

#6378 5 years ago
Quoted from nowakster:

Maybe reach out to your distributor or reach out to stern with the behavior. Chaz has always been good to me with my questions.

Yes call 1-800-Kickers and ask for Chas not Chaz -People keep mis-spelling his name.

#6379 5 years ago

Anyone install the air all protector for sale on the Mezel website? One piece extending from 3 bank below lcd across to the tie fighter and ramp. I’ve already replaced one tie fighter from an air ball that took a wing off, replacement is $75.

#6380 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Anyone install the air all protector for sale on the Mezel website? One piece extending from 3 bank below lcd across to the tie fighter and ramp. I’ve already replaced one tie fighter from an air ball that took a wing off, replacement is $75.

I installed the airball protector. Took me a little while because you have to perform minor surgery. Definitely helps and worth the purchase.

#6381 5 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I installed the airball protector. Took me a little while because you have to perform minor surgery. Definitely helps and worth the purchase.

Thanks, don’t want to keep replacing tie fighters! Not cheap.

#6382 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Really? This is the first I have heard of this. I have never noticed any airball like that.

#6383 5 years ago

I had crazy airballs when the game was new. It seemed to have calmed down a bit, but the airball protector definitely helped.

It’s not nearly as bad as GB, but still noticeable.

#6384 5 years ago

Fork Ramp issue resolved. Switch 57 was intermittent. Thanks for the help.

#6385 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Really? This is the first I have heard of this. I have never noticed any airball like that.

Doesn’t happen often but when it does, not pretty. Usually causes ball to hit the tie fighter violently.
Can’t figure out what exactly is causing it.

#6387 5 years ago

Yep - just joined this club last weekend by trading for a practically new HUO Premium and ol' Jack Danger has been a big help in learning the rules and strategy. Just wish I had half his skills too!

Lovin' Star Wars so far too! Having much more fun now than with the LE I occasionally played on route that was mean as hell.

#6388 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

SW has an unorthodox ruleset, so keep that in mind in that it’s not for everybody and it can be hard to learn. The simplist way to start learning is to look at the mode inserts when selecting missions and do not stack any of them. Stacking missions is for when you know what you’re doing; otherwise you’ll just get lost.
That said, SW is one of those game’s that when you’re playing it you can’t stop playing, very addicting. However, when you’re not playing it and not at home and start peeling back the layers and really think about it; it feels like there’s Not a lot there, and some of it could have been done better. And you start thinking, mmmmm maybe I should trade it. Then, you get home and you might have a foul taste in your mouth and ignore it, so you play your other pins; then for giggles you decide to play one game of SW at 9pm before bed and then 20 games later it’s 11 o’clock and you remember how cool this game is.
A good example of this is my IMDN vs SW. when I sit here typing this and think about these two games, IMDN checks all the boxes - art, gameplay, rules, code polish, fanfare, call outs, the overall package is just there. SW doesn’t check all these boxes; it’s magic is hidden beneath the surface in the fun/Adrenalin dept and not so much in the pinside rating aesthetics dept. Sorry for the long post, hard to describe, but hopefully that makes sense.

I got the game in large part because you like it. I’m glad I did. It is not a game that keeps me running to the basement for pinball. At first I thought this was a bad sign. I got it before the snow flew and figured it would be gone by spring. But now I understand that it’s a game with nuance that requires some thought. It’s not a masterbatory game for a quick get off. It’s the Kama Sutra, and very rewarding for the patient and the committed.

I dig the game, and could see it in my collection for awhile.

#6389 5 years ago

Is there an airball protector or other device that can prevent balls coming out of the hyperspace loop from jumping out and going down the drain? It doesn't happen often, but what a way to drain.

#6390 5 years ago

If I get 3 or more balls in hyperspace multiball...one notoriously falls out...onto the playfield. They don’t drain, but a protector, full cage would help.

#6391 5 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

If I get 3 or more balls in hyperspace multiball...one notoriously falls out...onto the playfield. They don’t drain, but a protector, full cage would help.

Most I've ever gotten is 2 balls in Hyper space. Wish I knew how to add more!

#6392 5 years ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

Most I've ever gotten is 2 balls in Hyper space. Wish I knew how to add more!

What version of code and which tier? (pro or prem/le)?

#6393 5 years ago

Correct me if I’m wrong here as I’ve only managed to get 2 balls in the loop.

It was my understanding all the balls can be put in the loop during multiball, extremely difficult if this is true!

#6394 5 years ago

When I get 3 in there they all get diverted to the inlane ramp back to the playfield after a couple of laps. It seems that the max is 3 during HS multi-ball.

#6395 5 years ago

I’ve had 4 in there...but not for awhile. I wonder if they changed how many are possible in there due to problems with them hitting each other and falling out. In the beginning, you were suppose to be able to get all six.

#6396 5 years ago

I've only had 4.
As far as I know you can load all 6.

#6397 5 years ago

On another note, Marco added a picture of the topper on their website about a month or so ago. I had hoped that meant it was coming soon, but NOPE!
Do any of you have any inside info on the topper status?

#6398 5 years ago

Posted something about my mini LCD a few months back (see below). Basically the mini LCD is going all white on boot up. Previously, if I power-cycled the machine it would clear up. Now, I have to remove the glass and fiddle with the cat-5 cables before it works. It's starting to be a pain in the butt. I tried anchoring the cable in the socket with some zip-ties, and that worked for a while, but it continues to pop up occasionally. I have contacted Stern. Was wondering if anybody else is seeing this.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/120#post-4637515

001 (resized).JPG001 (resized).JPG
#6399 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I installed the air ball protector. It seems to work. I had to get help on the installation.

#6400 5 years ago
Quoted from gamera9:

I installed the air ball protector. It seems to work. I had to get help on the installation.

What made install so difficult?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
Machine - For Sale
Portland, OR
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 15,048 posts in this topic. You are on page 128 of 301.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/128?hl=nowakster and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.