SW Topper 1 (resized).jpg
Screen Bezels (resized).jpg
IMG_3171 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3170 (resized).jpeg
IMG_4042 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8199 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240411-000808 (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,057 posts in this topic. You are on page 126 of 302.
#6251 5 years ago
Quoted from robx46:

Man I love this game but it sure does need tweaked & has physics issues. Got the kickout problem fixed but now this happens almost every other time the ball exits the hyperspace look & onto the right wireform. It just jumps out & ends up here Suggestions?
[quoted image]

I agree with snaroff this should not happen with any real frequency, much less every other time! Check the assembly of the right ramp, hyperloop wireworm, and diverter. I bet something is off. Especially since it started after you altered the kickout.

#6252 5 years ago

Hi all, just joined the club recently with a nice pro a few days ago. Nice... except the two LCD panels which have their display shield all scratched thank to a previous owner that should have spent more time reading pinball caring and cleaning threads on pinside. As I can't live with those scratches, I am looking for a replacement for those shields. I have spotted the main one, but haven't found the small one. Any idea where I could get one? Or make one?

#6253 5 years ago

After some close time with Star Wars I think it is really a good game which is a complete 180 of what I thought when it first came out. I will agree with others though that the light saber dual is a bit of a flow killer and I do wish it was optional.

Other quick question is that while in Death Star multiball does tie fighter multi override the Death Star exploding? It seems I've destroyed the Death Star but have been in tie fighter too and that big egg never cracked open. I did blow it up on the final endor battle so I at least know it works.

All in all its a damn fine modern game and highly addictive.

#6254 5 years ago
Quoted from doublestack:

After some close time with Star Wars I think it is really a good game which is a complete 180 of what I thought when it first came out. I will agree with others though that the light saber dual is a bit of a flow killer and I do wish it was optional.
Other quick question is that while in Death Star multiball does tie fighter multi override the Death Star exploding? It seems I've destroyed the Death Star but have been in tie fighter too and that big egg never cracked open. I did blow it up on the final endor battle so I at least know it works.
All in all its a damn fine modern game and highly addictive.

Yea I’ve been a broken record in this thread on the amount of code polish and choreography that the game needs; specifically for finishing planet multiballs. Tie fighter mb, hyperspace mb, and hyperspace hurryup all overwrite the planet multiballs completion sequence. A big downer and hope it gets resolved one day.

#6255 5 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

For an inexpensive audio upgrade for any Spike game I recommend the Kicker 41DSC4 4" speakers for the back box ($25 or so on ebay) and the Pyle PLPW8D 8" sub for the cab ($15 from Amazon). The key feature on the back box speakers is to have flush mount tweeters and these Kickers do the trick. I used to use Pioneer for William's games but their tweeter protrudes so won't work here.

The Pyle Subwoofer didn't work for me? It has 2 inputs, I tried both parallel and series hookup styles????.. I am at lose? I get no sub sound at all....Anyone can help? thanks

#6256 5 years ago
Quoted from duke1234:

The Pyle Subwoofer didn't work for me? It has 2 inputs, I tried both parallel and series hookup styles????.. I am at lose? I get no sub sound at all....Anyone can help? thanks

I'm mainly posting to get your above post more attention. I'm far from an expert in these matters but wouldn't the Pyle PLPW8D 8" sub (Dual 4ohm) need to be hooked up in series to make it 8ohm? I think the SW manual mentions 4 and 8ohms regarding the back and cabinet speakers. If I recall correctly there are a number of people in this thread that have installed one of these subs into their machines, hopefully they see your post and offer their advice. Keep us updated on your progress and good luck with the installation.

#6257 5 years ago

I added a shaker motor to Star Wars and holy crap it tries to shake itself apart on default settings!

Do people really run it like this in full blast?

#6258 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I added a shaker motor to Star Wars and holy crap it tries to shake itself apart on default settings!

No problem here. I’ve played mine extensively overly the last year. The node board fix (I think 9, but I’d have to look) that Stern used for fear of breakage of one of the feet of the components due to vibration (with a zip tie) is dumb. I used a large glob of hot glue to anchor two together. The video mode can get intense with vibration if you’re not doing well, otherwise it’s just good feedback...imo.

#6259 5 years ago
Quoted from Hoochoo:

I'm mainly posting to get your above post more attention. I'm far from an expert in these matters but wouldn't the Pyle PLPW8D 8" sub (Dual 4ohm) need to be hooked up in series to make it 8ohm? I think the SW manual mentions 4 and 8ohms regarding the back and cabinet speakers. If I recall correctly there are a number of people in this thread that have installed one of these subs into their machines, hopefully they see your post and offer their advice. Keep us updated on your progress and good luck with the installation.

I was told by a fellow pinsider that I would only need to hook it up to 1 of the inputs. No need for "series" hookup. FYI, I tried All methods of hook up with no success. I suspect a defective subwoofer. I have another one coming Thursday, and will post an update on this issue.

#6260 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I turned mine off (for the same reason). And will probably move it over to IMDN when I get around to it.

#6261 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I have one and it’s not bad at all, my AFMr is worse. Wonder if your counterweight is just very off balance.

#6262 5 years ago

Shaker on my pro and never seemed weird in any way.

#6263 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I have noticed its a completely different experience/effect depending on what the game is installed on. On a hard floor it can be earth shattering, on carpet though you almost need to have it on max as most of the vibration is absorbed. Just my opinion.

#6264 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Did you buy an actual Stern shaker motor?

My Coin Taker one in my SW premium is more powerful than the Stern one that I installed in my Stern Indiana Jones game.

#6265 5 years ago

And I heard the stern one is stronger than the pinball life one. I have the pl one and really like it.

#6266 5 years ago

With regards to the subwoofer, you can select the ohms in the menu, 8 or 4 for either backbox or cabinet speakers.

#6267 5 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

With regards to the subwoofer, you can select the ohms in the menu, 8 or 4 for either Blackbox or cabinet speakers.

I know the game is fast, but didn't know it had a black box!

#6268 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

My Coin Taker one in my SW premium is more powerful than the Stern one that I installed in my Stern Indiana Jones game.

Yes and it’s absolutely nuts!

#6269 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I know the game is fast, but didn't know it had a black box!

Edited. Stupid auto correct.

#6270 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

Yes and it’s absolutely nuts!

Actual Stern product? Purchased from Stern?

#6271 5 years ago

I received a replacement subwoofer today and installed it with no issues. My first subwoofer was defective. On another note, the "saved ball" feature continuously shots the ball back into the drains.... I would say it does it 25% of the time. I tried adjusting the coil power, but that didnt work. Anyone else with this issue?

#6272 5 years ago
Quoted from duke1234:

I received a replacement subwoofer today and installed it with no issues. My first subwoofer was defective. On another note, the "saved ball" feature continuously shots the ball back into the drains.... I would say it does it 25% of the time. I tried adjusting the coil power, but that didnt work. Anyone else with this issue?

6.5 pitch and leveled (be picky) side to side. Or move the eject lane guide by a few millimeters.

#6273 5 years ago

I just measured the incline using my phone app and it says... 7.0 pitch. Side to side is level. How do you move eject lane guides?

#6274 5 years ago

Make it 6.5. That's what it was designed for. At higher pitch the drain issue won't be the only one.

#6275 5 years ago

I’m 7.1 deg pitch. No issue with constant ball eject drains.

#6276 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I’m 7.1 deg pitch. No issue with constant ball eject drains.

Pro models are much less fussy with that stuff. There is an extra post that helps below the bottom drop target. Also backhanding the Death Star is easier on any pitch relative to the Premium. Premium models should be at 6.5 however.

#6277 5 years ago

Pinworlds installed on my new premium. Looks great.

2E0DC64B-1CDC-4BB7-BF5B-7A1291F26193 (resized).jpeg2E0DC64B-1CDC-4BB7-BF5B-7A1291F26193 (resized).jpeg53859B9E-C988-4DC2-9D57-7FAA4B3E441C (resized).jpeg53859B9E-C988-4DC2-9D57-7FAA4B3E441C (resized).jpeg
#6278 5 years ago

I was going through some of the older patch notes a few weeks ago and I came across the following in the Code 0.93 update:

----------------
- A new challenge was added to the TIE fighter mini-screen main-play 3-bank rules.
- You can now light extra ball from destroying TIE fighters on the mini-screen.
- At each new ball, a random target from the 3-bank, is selected.
- After you destroy some TIE fighters on that target, an Advanced TIE fighter will start showing up.
- After you destroy enough Advanced TIE Fighters a pinball ball will show up."
- Hit the target associated with the pinball on the display to light "Extra Ball".
- There is only one opportunity to light an "Extra Ball" during each ball, and only one can be lit per game.
----------------

3BankExtraBall (resized).jpg3BankExtraBall (resized).jpg

Note: It appears that during both TIE Fighter & HyperSpace Multiballs you are temporarily locked out of 3-Bank Challenge; you'll need to find the Advanced TIE Fighter outside of these modes.

Code 0.93 was before my time; my machine arrived around when 1.01 was released. While I had collected numerous EB's from the 3-Bank, I thought it was completely random until I read these patch notes.

Since learning how to activate the EB from the 3-Bank Challenge it's changed the way I play, in a good way. My priorities have changed a tad, for instance when I'm in a Victory MB (and don't have TFMB or HSMB stacked) instead of trying to go for medals I first try to reveal an Advanced TIE Fighter on the mini-screen. And when trying to keep my multiplier up I try to hit 2 targets instead of 1 and shoot to destroy a TIE Fighter more so than I did before. And in general, I pay much closer attention to the mini-screen, always on the lookout for that elusive Advanced TIE Fighter. The mini-screen in combination with the 3-Bank Challenge is a very engaging feature to this pinball machine and it fits the theme of Star Wars so well.

#6279 5 years ago
Quoted from Hoochoo:

I was going through some of the older patch notes a few weeks ago and I came across the following in the Code 0.93 update:
----------------
- A new challenge was added to the TIE fighter mini-screen main-play 3-bank rules.
- After you destroy some TIE fighters on that target, an Advanced TIE fighter will start showing up.
- Hit the target associated with the pinball on the display to light "Extra Ball".
- There is only one opportunity to light an "Extra Ball" during each ball, and only one can be lit per game.
----------------
[quoted image]
Note: It appears that during both TIE Fighter & HyperSpace Multiballs you are temporarily locked out of 3-Bank Challenge; you'll need to find the Advanced TIE Fighter outside of these modes.
Code 0.93 was before my time; my machine arrived around when 1.01 was released. While I had collected numerous EB's from the 3-Bank, I thought it was completely random until I read these patch notes.
Since learning how to activate the EB from the 3-Bank Challenge it's changed the way I play, in a good way. My priorities have changed a tad, for instance when I'm in a Victory MB (and don't have TFMB or HSMB stacked) instead of trying to go for medals I first try to reveal an Advanced TIE Fighter on the mini-screen. And when trying to keep my multiplier up I try to hit 2 targets instead of 1 and shoot to destroy a TIE Fighter more so than I did before. And in general, I pay much closer attention to the mini-screen, always on the lookout for that elusive Advanced TIE Fighter. The mini-screen in combination with the 3-Bank Challenge is a very engaging feature to this pinball machine and it fits the theme of Star Wars so well.

Wow! I’ve never noticed this. Awesome. Thanks

#6280 5 years ago
Quoted from Hoochoo:

----------------
----------------
[quoted image]

Thanks man. Now my secret extra ball trick isn't a secret any more! Ha!

#6281 5 years ago

Any LE Owner’s who have been looking for a cheap opportunity to light up your side rails: I’m selling my Hooked on Pinball set for half price ($60) plus $5 shipping. First $65 gets it, just pm me. See their site for any more info. Works great. Never installed. Comes with a beer cozy!

#6282 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Thanks man. Now my secret extra ball trick isn't a secret any more! Ha!

Ben01 (resized).jpgBen01 (resized).jpg
Once I read the 0.93 patch notes I felt like Luke in this pic... why didn't pinside tell me! I suspect that many kept it a secret.

#6283 5 years ago

We just picked up a SW's premium last week & this machine is incredible! Last night I somehow managed to get to the Jedi Master wizard mode w/ a final score of 6 billion +. The lightshow, the lightning fast gameplay, the rule objectives & the theme integration is just simply phenomenal pinball.
My only slight letdown is that the exploding death star mechanism is under utilized. Is the mode "Destroy The Death Star" the only mode that triggers this toy? I've had approximately fifty plays on SW's & have only seen the star explode twice. Is there another mode or something adjustable in settings that would trigger the star more often?

#6284 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I have had a premium on location with shaker motor for over a year (8,000 plays or more) without problem.

#6285 5 years ago
Quoted from Ockeyhead:

We just picked up a SW's premium last week & this machine is incredible! Last night I somehow managed to get to the Jedi Master wizard mode w/ a final score of 6 billion +. The lightshow, the lightning fast gameplay, the rule objectives & the theme integration is just simply phenomenal pinball.
My only slight letdown is that the exploding death star mechanism is under utilized. Is the mode "Destroy The Death Star" the only mode that triggers this toy? I've had approximately fifty plays on SW's & have only seen the star explode twice. Is there another mode or something adjustable in settings that would trigger the star more often?

The death star will explode in either Endor or Death Star Mode. Easy way I show people to explode it is to start with Han and Endor lit. There are 4 green shots you need to complete twice (both ramps and horseshoe loop). Back hand two right shots from right flipper. Back Hand two left shots from left flipper. Once all 8 shots collected, start Endor multi ball. Make sure to bash force targets until button in middle turns orange (this is an add a ball and can be used anytime during ball, but especially effective when your second to last ball drains or is in outline). Complete the ramps and right horseshoe and the Death Star Shot lights. Hit that to open the death star and start Victory Multiball (6 balls). Last night I had the hyper loop going with victory multi ball and was able to get a few balls slinging around the hyper loop, whilst playing the other multi balls.

And I agree, so many different ways to play this game. I have a premium at my arcade and LE at home. This game is consistently our top earner after 14 months on the floor and I love playing at home too.

#6286 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

I have a Pinball Life one (in both premium and LE) and both are on carpet.

#6287 5 years ago

Thanks PrinzFred for the insight into the exploding death star. I will definitely give your strategy a try later on this evening. This machine is so intense & addictive, that at this time this title is absolutely a top ten & worthy of a better ranking in the Pinside Top 100. Too bad this machine was introduced w/ an incomplete code, but many titles have an initial down rating because of this. Don't let the current Pinside ranking sway your opinion, give it a try because SW's is a winner!

#6288 5 years ago

I try to get endor and while in that mode get Tie Fighter multi ball.

#6289 5 years ago

Can someone try placing 20x or 40x multiplier on left orbit with Spinner Level 4 and tell me if it results in the high numbers I think it will. Should be over 1Bill per shot?

#6290 5 years ago
Quoted from Bond_Gadget_007:

Can someone try placing 20x or 40x multiplier on left orbit with Spinner Level 4 and tell me if it results in the high numbers I think it will. Should be over 1Bill per shot?

I thought the spinner wasn't multiplied?

#6291 5 years ago

They did such a good job neutering GOT's spinner that I would be surprised if SW was a big earner.

#6292 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I thought the spinner wasn't multiplied?

That's what I thought too, from my time owning SWLE. The spinner on GoT is still the best one I think for ripping big points and the sound changing as values increase.

Rob

#6293 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

That's what I thought too, from my time owning SWLE. The spinner on GoT is still the best one I think for ripping big points and the sound changing as values increase.
Rob

Only good spinner in years

#6294 5 years ago

I still can't get enough SW LE after over a year. Trying out different ways to destroy Death Star has become an obsession. I am going to come out and say it-Destroying the Death Star is one of the best feelings in pinball-next to Final Frontier on STTNG.

#6295 5 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I still can't get enough SW LE after over a year. Trying out different ways to destroy Death Star has become an obsession. I am going to come out and say it-Destroying the Death Star is one of the best feelings in pinball-next to Final Frontier on STTNG.

I still haven’t done it after owning it for 1.5 years!

#6296 5 years ago
Quoted from zaphX:

I still haven’t done it after owning it for 1.5 years!

Took me almost a year on the Prem. The clacking on the halves of the Death Star sort of sound like the coconut horse steps in Monty Python and the Holy Grail.

#6297 5 years ago

I can finally say that I have split it a few times. Endor is the easiest way.

#6298 5 years ago

I missed the full deathstar, but kept playing and cracked it when I got to Endor. Very satisfying accomplishment. Never gets old.

#6300 5 years ago
Quoted from Mando:

Any word on the topper ?

Yes it's been approved and should be in the store at some point.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Portland, OR
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,057 posts in this topic. You are on page 126 of 302.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/126?hl=sprudeldudel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.