20230222_084649 (resized).jpg
20230222_085316 (resized).jpg
20230222_084653 (resized).jpg
20230222_084538 (resized).jpg
20230222_084535 (resized).jpg
20230222_084134 (resized).jpg
20230222_084126 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 14,971 posts in this topic. You are on page 125 of 300.
#6201 5 years ago

While we are talking code wishlists, mine is the option to skip Lightsaber Duel and giving us some autoplunger power settings.

#6202 5 years ago
Quoted from speederice:

While we are talking code wishlists, mine is the option to skip Lightsaber Duel and giving us some autoplunger power settings.

Did Obi Wan just peace out instead of dueling Vader so that his friends could escape? Come on!!!

#6203 5 years ago

I just don't think there's ever going to be a way to pass Light Saber Duel unless they put some sort of "novice" setting for wives & children.
I don;t think Dwight has done it since W?D but I guess there's always hope.

#6204 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I just don't think there's ever going to be a way to pass Light Saber Duel unless they put some sort of "novice" setting for wives & children.
I don;t think Dwight has done it since W?D but I guess there's always hope.

Although I'd love it I suspect that making it not repeat once you beat it is Dwight 'addressing' the issue...

#6205 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Although I'd love it I suspect that making it not repeat once you beat it is Dwight 'addressing' the issue...

Exactly. It’s already been “fixed” in that way.

#6206 5 years ago

I would like to be able to pass on it sometimes, like the modes. It just takes over the gameplay.

#6207 5 years ago

How about being able to pass on the video and just take some points instead? Would be nice to have this option on every game that has a video mode past, present and future...

#6208 5 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

How about being able to pass on the video and just take some points instead? Would be nice to have this option on every game that has a video mode past, present and future...

Video mode definitely needs some beef for having a dedicated insert on the board. It could be as simple as increasing the speed with each level of video mode. Or for every +25 streak the speed increases eventually getting faster and faster. I’d also like to see every meteor hit drops your multiplier by 1. But every 50 passed increases by 1.

#6209 5 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

I would like to be able to pass on it sometimes, like the modes. It just takes over the gameplay.

That's my problem. I like Lightsaber Duel as a mode. I think the interaction with the movie clips is really well done, and I like the blue/red lighting effects. It just always seems to pop up at the worst time, and locks the player out of the rest of the game until you play through it or time it out.

I know, I know - play better and finish it and this wouldn't be an issue, but it just feels weird when you can pass on the other modes but you get locked into this one.

#6210 5 years ago
Quoted from speederice:

That's my problem. I like Lightsaber Duel as a mode. I think the interaction with the movie clips is really well done, and I like the blue/red lighting effects. It just always seems to pop up at the worst time, and locks the player out of the rest of the game until you play through it or time it out.
I know, I know - play better and finish it and this wouldn't be an issue, but it just feels weird when you can pass on the other modes but you get locked into this one.

Plus, other modes you can stack multiballs onto, stuff like that. Lightsaber Duel also locks you out of every other feature of the game while it's running

#6211 5 years ago

It probably works diff'rent than planet modes because it isn't a planet mode.

#6212 5 years ago

When you hear the call out for double multipliers just know your next set of drops and/or Jedi rank will light LSD. Plan accordingly.

#6213 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Video mode definitely needs some beef for having a dedicated insert on the board. It could be as simple as increasing the speed with each level of video mode. Or for every +25 streak the speed increases eventually getting faster and faster. I’d also like to see every meteor hit drops your multiplier by 1. But every 50 passed increases by 1.

Agreed. I'd love for there to be at least another video mode or better yet, one that corresponds with each movie. Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure Dwight has said that what we have is complete. Your idea though might have a chance since it would be "polish".

#6214 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

When you hear the call out for double multipliers just know your next set of drops and/or Jedi rank will light LSD. Plan accordingly.

Yes, let me just drain out of my Victory MB in case one of the six balls completes another bank of targets. No problem.

#6215 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Yes, let me just drain out of my Victory MB in case one of the six balls completes another bank of targets. No problem.

Haha true. Just boost that multiplier and keep it alive. 40x in LSD is no joke and should be a happy welcome. Can’t get to Jedi MB without LSD and why not pickup an extra 1.5 bil on the way?

#6216 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Haha true. Just boost that multiplier and keep it alive. 40x in LSD is no joke and should be a happy welcome. Can’t get to Jedi MB without LSD and why not pickup an extra 1.5 bil on the way?

I don't even want to get to Jedi MB. It's much less fun than say, Death Star or Hoth MB. And while it can be worth a lot of points if played well, it's a risky single ball mode.

#6217 5 years ago
Quoted from speederice:

Do you think if Vader walked up to you with a lightsaber he'd wait until you finished what you were doing? "Give me a second Vader, I need to finish tying my shoes."

#6218 5 years ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

...."wait a second, I need to finish tying my shoes".

Hmmm....now that I think of it I don't think I've ever seen shoelaces in any Star Wars movie?

#6219 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I don't even want to get to Jedi MB. It's much less fun than say, Death Star or Hoth MB. And while it can be worth a lot of points if played well, it's a risky single ball mode.

And doesn't LSD still run after you drain? So there goes any 40x advantage. I like to play as R2, stack the Death Star and Endor modes, and bring Tie Fighter MB in to help complete all the shots for Destroy the Shield Generator. But in all the multiball chaos, usually I accidentally hit enough FORCE targets to trigger LSD as soon as I finish the two modes. It just kills the rush and grinds the game to a halt, because I can't play the two planet MB waiting for me until LSD.

Quoted from ktownhero:

Do you think if Vader walked up to you with a lightsaber he'd wait until you finished what you were doing? "Give me a second Vader, I need to finish tying my shoes."

Haha I guess it depends on whether you "time Vader out" by taking more than 60 seconds to tie your shoes...

#6220 5 years ago
Quoted from speederice:

...I like to play as R2...But in all the multiball chaos, usually I accidentally hit....

Hey, thems the rules. If you have a strategy that consistently fails you, you might want to look into changing your strategy

#6221 5 years ago

I've made the recommended adjustment to the kickout (making sure top of scoop is parallel with exit) & still have erratic ball exits. Sometimes the ball ejects squarely onto the left flipper which is great, then other times SDTM. Very unpredictable. Wondering if there are any other tips to fix this.

#6222 5 years ago
Quoted from robx46:

I've made the recommended adjustment to the kickout (making sure top of scoop is parallel with exit) & still have erratic ball exits. Sometimes the ball ejects squarely onto the left flipper which is great, then other times SDTM. Very unpredictable. Wondering if there are any other tips to fix this.

The only other tips I know of are adjusting the kick out power and adding a ball save to that shot

#6223 5 years ago
Quoted from robx46:

I cranked up the power to the kickout and it goes to the left flipper 90% of the time. Every once in a while it will go down the middle, but if I always hold the right flipper, it won’t go down the middle ever. So I just hold the right flipper when it kicks out and the 10% of the time it will hit the right flipper instead of going down the middle.

I don’t have a ball save on it, but that’s a decent option also.

#6224 5 years ago
Quoted from robx46:

Yep! Ever so slightly bend the ball guide to the right of the scoop. Detailed directions here, earlier in this thread. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/67#post-4244466

#6225 5 years ago

I have a really hard time hitting the Death Star shot on my Pro. I finally pulled the glass to see if I could make some adjustments. I did the following..

- Pushed the standup to the right of the shot closer to the ramp
- Made a slight tweak to the angle of the gate
- Oiled conservatively with zoom spout (suggested by Vid in other threads for spinners)

My aim just completely sucks at that shot, it's just at a weird angle I've never gotten used to. But, I can say that in the shots I did make, there were fewer of the rattle rejects that I received before. I think the gate was just a little off and hanging up enough that it would reject even a decent shot. Just something to think about or try. This was all in limited testing.

I also made a slight tweak to my spinner, it seemed like the balls were getting hung up there more than they should. I adjusted the angle and also gave that a little lube.

#6226 5 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I have a really hard time hitting the Death Star shot on my Pro. I finally pulled the glass to see if I could make some adjustments. I did the following..
- Pushed the standup to the right of the shot closer to the ramp
- Made a slight tweak to the angle of the gate
- Oiled conservatively with zoom spout (suggested by Vid in other threads for spinners)
My aim just completely sucks at that shot, it's just at a weird angle I've never gotten used to. But, I can say that in the shots I did make, there were fewer of the rattle rejects that I received before. I think the gate was just a little off and hanging up enough that it would reject even a decent shot. Just something to think about or try. This was all in limited testing.
I also made a slight tweak to my spinner, it seemed like the balls were getting hung up there more than they should. I adjusted the angle and also gave that a little lube.

What gate are you referring to on the Death Star shot? The up posts?

#6227 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

What gate are you referring to on the Death Star shot?

I assume the switch

#6228 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I assume the switch

The opto switch?

#6229 5 years ago

I have no problems making the Death Star shot. But a friend of mine who has a pro too says he can’t make his Death Star shot to save his life. I told him to play better (haha) but this post has me thinking about it.

On a side note, I can’t seem to get my Hoth shot to stick 100% of the time when it’s supposed to hold the ball. It seems both up posts are supposed to come up and hold the ball in place but sometimes it doesn’t and I get a bounce out reject right back down the Hoth entrance. Anyone else get this?

EDIT: i suspect my pitch is the issue (7.0 deg) so I may play with that because I’ve noticed if I make the shot with the left flipper a fraction of a second earlier so it enters the shot at a slight angle, it holds. If I make the shot a little later and goes directly center, it rejects. And it makes it 100% of the time with the right flipper. Hope that makes sense. I may play with pitch and see what happens.

#6230 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

The opto switch?

No, the large switch that looks like a gate at the opening of the Death Star shot

WTF SW do you have?

#6231 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

No, the large switch that looks like a gate at the opening of the Death Star shot
WTF SW do you have?

Must be a "pro" thing.

#6232 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

WTF SW do you have?

Oh shit my bad. Haha apparently I am having memory fatigue. I blame the kids. Does that switch even do anything? I swear the code is programmed off the optos...oh maybe it’s used for hyperspace mb. Or fuck, maybe I just need to go back to sleep...dam kids are to blame I tell you! Man I’m getting old

#6233 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

...Haha apparently I am having memory fatigue......dam kids are to blame I tell you! Man I’m getting old

Oh I know the feeling...believe me I ran down and checked mine to make sure I wasn't losing it myself.

#6234 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I have no problems making the Death Star shot. But a friend of mine who has a pro too says he can’t make his Death Star shot to save his life. I told him to play better (haha) but this post has me thinking about it.
On a side note, I can’t seem to get my Hoth shot to stick 100% of the time when it’s supposed to hold the ball. It seems both up posts are supposed to come up and hold the ball in place but sometimes it doesn’t and I get a bounce out reject right back down the Hoth entrance. Anyone else get this?
EDIT: i suspect my pitch is the issue (7.0 deg) so I may play with that because I’ve noticed if I make the shot with the left flipper a fraction of a second earlier so it enters the shot at a slight angle, it holds. If I make the shot a little later and goes directly center, it rejects. And it makes it 100% of the time with the right flipper. Hope that makes sense. I may play with pitch and see what happens.

Ensuring a level playfield really helps this shot. It's meant to be tight though and it's absolutely makeable on the Pro. I've had mine for almost a year now and I've gotten consistently better at intentionally hitting it.

The horsheshoe shots (Deathstar & Hoth) are so invigorating when you nail them, especially if you start nailing them back to back. Definitely keeps the blood pumping.

#6235 5 years ago
Quoted from robx46:

I have just accepted the fact that I need to hold the right flipper up and have it tip the ball.

#6236 5 years ago

I had the same problem with the Death Star forks not holding the ball. Looked under the playfield and to my surprise the bottom plate had come loose and that the screw and the spring were laying on the bottom of the cabinet. Fixed that and still realized that the linkage that holds the forks was also loose. Tightened it all up and have not had any problems since. Holds the ball up in very well now.

#6237 5 years ago
Quoted from cjpins:

I had the same problem with the Death Star forks not holding the ball. Looked under the playfield and to my surprise the bottom plate had come loose and that the screw and the spring were laying on the bottom of the cabinet. Fixed that and still realized that the linkage that holds the forks was also loose. Tightened it all up and have not had any problems since. Holds the ball up in very well now.

Yep.took me a while to figure out where that screw went! I was tinkering with the playfield up and found the pieces in the bottom of the can, never knew there was a problem.

#6238 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I cranked up the power to the kickout and it goes to the left flipper 90% of the time. Every once in a while it will go down the middle, but if I always hold the right flipper, it won’t go down the middle ever. So I just hold the right flipper when it kicks out and the 10% of the time it will hit the right flipper instead of going down the middle.
I don’t have a ball save on it, but that’s a decent option also.

I may still try the suggested ball guide adjustment, but I ended up just setting the kickout low enough to shoot to the right flipper instead of the left. It may not have the same feel as hitting the left flipper, but it's very consistent and doesn't cheap drain anymore.

#6239 5 years ago
Quoted from foobeer:

I may still try the suggested ball guide adjustment, but I ended up just setting the kickout low enough to shoot to the right flipper instead of the left. It may not have the same feel as hitting the left flipper, but it's very consistent and doesn't cheap drain anymore.

The ball guide adjustment is probably best, but it's not a trivial task. I'll do it one day when I have another reason to be tearing down that area.

#6240 5 years ago

Man I'm missing my SW pro going to have buy it again.

48390881_10156558518765831_8095453250569895936_n (resized).jpg48390881_10156558518765831_8095453250569895936_n (resized).jpg
#6241 5 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Yep! Ever so slightly bend the ball guide to the right of the scoop. Detailed directions here, earlier in this thread. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/67#post-4244466

Worked perfect. Everybody needs to make this adjustment.

#6242 5 years ago
Quoted from robx46:

Worked perfect. Everybody needs to make this adjustment.

I had to, along with the orbit rail. Left orbit shots kept going SDTM.

#6243 5 years ago

Goodbye white T-molding. Was just never a fan and looked out of place in the lineup.

E0898DE8-FA1B-4D3B-B8C6-1A2282D85ABE (resized).jpegE0898DE8-FA1B-4D3B-B8C6-1A2282D85ABE (resized).jpeg
#6244 5 years ago
Quoted from VillaThrills:

Goodbye white T-molding. Was just never a fan and looked out of place in the lineup.
[quoted image]

The white doesn't bother me, but that does look better. Might even look better on an LE with the shiny black armor (the model I have).

Where did you purchase it? Easy to install?

snaroff

#6245 5 years ago
Quoted from snaroff:

The white doesn't bother me, but that does look better. Might even look better on an LE with the shiny black armor (the model I have).
Where did you purchase it? Easy to install?
snaroff

Amazon with Prime shipping. Really easy install. Stock one is not glued in or anything. Pulls out from the bottom. Copy the cuts into the middle section to bend around the corner. And use a rubber mallet to bang the new one in. Took me 20 minutes. The t-molding I got is shiny black and has a slightly shorter middle tab. Looking back I should have probably grabbed the matte one. But still looks great and worked just fine. No concerns with it coming out.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074X9JNSX/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00

#6246 5 years ago

[quoted image]

Good job, the white is pretty bad.

#6247 5 years ago

Goodbye white T-molding.

Thanks for posting it. It's a huge reassurance for me leaving the white in

#6248 5 years ago

Man I love this game but it sure does need tweaked & has physics issues. Got the kickout problem fixed but now this happens almost every other time the ball exits the hyperspace look & onto the right wireform. It just jumps out & ends up here Suggestions?

20181222_195630 (resized).jpg20181222_195630 (resized).jpg
#6249 5 years ago

Assuming that the machine is level from left-to-right and at no more than a 6.5 angle, you could give a few of these things a try.

Unscrew the right rail and place that top washer under it, then tighten the right rail up above the washer. Make sure the ball can still travel down the rail without the ball hitting the underside of the Hyperspace loop. This will give the rail a little bit more elevation, slightly reducing the speed of the ball when it's going down the right side.

Check to see if the rail the ball travels down is smooth and that there are no poorly welded sections that protrude and come into contact with the ball that maybe cause the ball to go slightly airborne.

Something to look into, you can play around with the right rail's left-to-right position, you never know, it could help out with the angle of the ball after it comes out of the diverter and makes contact with the below rail.

Finally, your rail might not be perfectly level from left-to-right itself, you could also very carefully bend the part of the rail that gets tightened to change it's level or even give it a very slight left side inclination to stop it jumping over the hole.

#6250 5 years ago
Quoted from robx46:

Man I love this game but it sure does need tweaked & has physics issues. Got the kickout problem fixed but now this happens almost every other time the ball exits the hyperspace look & onto the right wireform. It just jumps out & ends up here Suggestions?
[quoted image]

Was this happening *before* you fixed the VUK issue? If not, something you disassembled wasn't put back or tightened properly. When I fixed my VUK issue (a long time ago), I vaguely recall this happening when I didn't reassemble the right wireforms properly.

My game doesn't have any physics issues, other than an occasional airball that skips the flippers or in/out lanes. It's such a brutally fast game and some of those are unavoidable without slowing the game down. In some instances, you could imagine the software being more clever/forgiving with a ball save, but that's easier said than done

snaroff

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
There are 14,971 posts in this topic. You are on page 125 of 300.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/125?hl=sprudeldudel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.