IMG_8599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6632 (resized).jpeg
sw1 (resized).JPEG
sw2 (resized).JPEG
sw3 (resized).JPEG
sw4 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1440 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,042 posts in this topic. You are on page 124 of 301.
#6151 5 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Curious on owners opinions at this point. Debating between SW premium vs jjp potc. Are you guys still enjoying this game enough to hold long term? Is code exciting and deep enough for holding? Are machines holding up? I read that wizard modes still need work, or are missing something. Opinions about overall machine ownership please. Thanks guys.

I have enjoyed my SW premium since I got it over a year now. I have been lucky as I play the living shit out it regularly and have had zero issues with any boards, mechs, etc. It's awesome, fun, fast and at time brutally tough game and has serious staying power in my opinion. Mine is bolted to the floor.
Not mention, its a game focused of the original trilogy with the appropriate accompanied music scores as well. Also, by the looks of your den, this game is the obvious answer!!
+1 vote on premium. You can find some decent HUO deals on market these days as well. Good luck!

#6152 5 years ago
Quoted from Rasavage:

So my hyperloop flap that drops the ball to the inlane wireform is getting a little buggy. Occasionally, It doesn’t seem to open enough, resulting in the ball bouncing back or getting stuck in the flap. Has anyone else had this issue? Any suggestions? Thanks

Make sure you are on the latest code. The timing of it opening was an issue with old code.

Now if you have a mechanical issue, I would see if you need to make an adjustment also.

#6153 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Make sure you are on the latest code. The timing of it opening was an issue with old code.

Thanks. I am on current code. So I checked the mechanism itself and then went through a switch check and hyperloop test through the diagnostics menu, it worked fine during the testing and then fine in the game play afterwards. I have some theories as to what might have caused it, but who knows. I’ll report if the issue re-emerges.

#6154 5 years ago

Theories are good.

#6155 5 years ago

New owner and so far really liking this game. The other day I noticed the screen had went black and stayed this way while attract sounds and all lights worked like they would normally. After a reboot it worked fine, wondering if anyone else here has had this happen? We have a few spike 2's but this is new to me. Any thoughts?

#6156 5 years ago

Check the cable going to to the back of the lcd , mine wiggles loose every now and then causing the screen to go dark.

#6157 5 years ago

Still loving my LE, it has grown on me like no other game. Artwork has grown on me to.
Love the modes , habitrail and drop targets. Not sure why this game hasnt gotten the love it deserves from community.

Still deciding if I should install the LED glowing siderail mod or not. Only mods Ive installed are a shaker motor. Thinking about inivs a glass but afraid Ill want it on all.

6000 plays in one year, HUO.

#6158 5 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Still loving my LE, it has grown on me like no other game. Artwork has grown on me to.
Love the modes , habitrail and drop targets. Not sure why this game hasnt gotten the love it deserves from community.
Still deciding if I should install the LED glowing siderail mod or not. Only mods Ive installed are a shaker motor. Thinking about inivs a glass but afraid Ill want it on all.

This game really has it all. Sound, fast pace intense gameplay and awesome LCD integration. There are lots of ways to approach the game which gives it great staying power. Lately I am either Luke or Leia because I am trying to get to Jedi Multiball.

#6159 5 years ago
Quoted from Phatchit:

Check the cable going to to the back of the lcd , mine wiggles loose every now and then causing the screen to go dark.

Thanks, I'll check it tomorrow. It did get moved recently, would make sense.

#6160 5 years ago

Agreed, it draws me in me in for "just one more game" more than any of my other pins.

I posted on here about my experience with the pingraffix lighted rail for the LE and it looks good, but I think if I had to do it again I'd probably try a different product/provider.

#6161 5 years ago

IMO mirrors look fantastic on this pin

Edit.. I wanted to add that I do love the powerbladez on my MET and I have not seen them on a SW in person. I didn’t think I needed them on SW though and I’m VERY happy with the cointaker mirrors on it. This game is a real light show and the mirrors add to that.

Besides the shaker, add the pinnovators sub out kit and a big sub. It rocks during video mode. And the spike 2 headphone jack plate is a great addition if you want to play more quietly.

#6162 5 years ago

I'm someone who believes that it's not perfect for every game, although some would disagree, but in my SW premium I installed Pinstadium lighting with the flasher connected to the scoop. The UV glow that shines during scoop and mode shots really adds another dimension to this game that is seriously fantastic, especially with this particular theme and game, not to mention these ps lights really highlight the ramps and habitrails that looks really cool IMO. It's the only game in my collection that I have the pinstadiums in, and to me I think it is perfect. Agree with imagamejunky , add some mirror blades (I got mine from Cointaker, they're all a tight fit but fit well) and you got a serious upgrade to this particular game! Josh Brown from the Canadian Arcade put a very well-done YouTube install video that's available to see online that makes installation of this modification really easy (thx again for that Josh).

#6163 5 years ago

6000! Very cool, I've only just passed 2000. I'd love to know how often you wax the playfield and how many ball replacements you have made. While it's usually recommended to clean and wax every 500 games, that's mainly for machines on route; generally speaking, shorter ball times. I've found I have had to clean and wax the machine once every 150 games or so due to some really long games here and there. And balls, I always seem to find on average 2 balls that I'm not 100% comfortable putting back into the machine and need replacing. But, I'm pretty sure I'm being overly cautious with the balls. I still keep them, clean them up and keep them as backup.

#6164 5 years ago

I will jump in on HUO cleaning of pins. Let looks be your guide. If dirt and trails are becoming more evident. Clean it. A duster to pick up the larger particles and Novus 1 to clean. I wax about 1 time per month. Balls are polished with polish wadding every cleaning. I replace balls if pitted...they last 1 year plus. HUO is way different from routed. Clean it, take care of it, play it...if it looks like it is wearing, protect it...but wear will happen if you play it. Just enjoy it.

#6165 5 years ago

As I suspected then, I'm probably overdoing it . Other than maybe 2 balls that definitely had large scratches the rest had only minor blemishes. All similar 1.5mm / 0.06 inches tiny line (very minor scratch if you will) that can just barely be picked at with a fingernail if at all. I inspected the entire playfield, scoops, rails etc I couldn't find anything obvious that could cause it.

What type of polish wadding do you use? Is there any I should avoid that aren't suitable for pinball?

#6166 5 years ago
Quoted from Hoochoo:

As I suspected then, I'm probably overdoing it . Other than maybe 2 balls that definitely had large scratches the rest had only minor blemishes. All similar 1.5mm / 0.06 inches tiny line (very minor scratch if you will) that can just barely be picked at with a fingernail if at all. I inspected the entire playfield, scoops, rails etc I couldn't find anything obvious that could cause it.
What type of polish wadding do you use? Is there any I should avoid that aren't suitable for pinball?

I’ll picture it tomorrow.

#6167 5 years ago
Quoted from Hoochoo:

Scratches will happen. There’s a lot of metal on metal contact.
It could be caused by the ball hitting the trough, the automatic plunger, balls hitting each other, wire forms, hyperloop diverter, Death Star ramp (ball hitting from both sides) etc.

#6168 5 years ago

Back before code 1.03 my hyperloop diverter got banged up pretty hard. I had to remove it and sand down the tip of the diverter as it was a tad deformed and was sharp to touch at some angles. But since 1.03 the diverter has been fine. I'm guessing it's either hitting the back of the DS fork ramp with force (especially after a wax) or when I miss hit the left ramp and the ball ricochets from the edges of the ramp walls. Interestingly, the ball quality has lasted longer as time goes on, so maybe whatever was or still is causing it could be wearing down the more I play.

#6169 5 years ago
Quoted from Hoochoo:

Back before code 1.03 my hyperloop diverter got banged up pretty hard. I had to remove it and sand down the tip of the diverter as it was a tad deformed and was sharp to touch at some angles. But since 1.03 the diverter has been fine. I'm guessing it's either hitting the back of the DS fork ramp with force (especially after a wax) or when I miss hit the left ramp and the ball ricochets from the edges of the ramp walls. Interestingly, the ball quality has lasted longer as time goes on, so maybe whatever was or still is causing it could be wearing down the more I play.

Check all the weld spots on your wire forms, (especially the hyper loop)to make sure they are as smooth as possible.

#6170 5 years ago

ok guys, where's this topper?

#6171 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinbad:

ok guys, where's this topper?

The topper we already saw and everyone thought was a let down? hopefully coming soon!

#6172 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

ready saw and everyone thought was a let down? hopefully coming soon!

Yep, thats the one...

#6173 5 years ago
Quoted from Hoochoo:

Here’s a pic of what I use.

276DB7BD-29D5-4460-92A3-EC3A6AE9BAA6 (resized).jpeg276DB7BD-29D5-4460-92A3-EC3A6AE9BAA6 (resized).jpeg
#6174 5 years ago

Why is the word “wadding” used? Why isn’t it just “polish”, or “metal polish”?

#6175 5 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Why is the word “wadding” used? Why isn’t it just “polish”, or “metal polish”?

That type is a cloth 'wadding' pre-soaked with metal polish, as opposed to a creme you apply with a cloth

#6176 5 years ago

You tear a chunk of wadding off...cotton material, and it is infused with the polish. You can reuse the chunk, or toss it.

#6177 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

The topper we already saw and everyone thought was a let down? hopefully coming soon!

Not sure what people were expecting, but it was no letdown to me. My friends who saw it in person at Stern thought it looked good too. I'm getting one the day it is released.

#6178 5 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Not sure what people were expecting,

This is Pinside...whom the shit knows what they think ever

Quoted from John_I:

but it was no letdown to me.

Well there was a lot of bitching here...again Pinside

#6179 5 years ago

Does anyone know what "Ouu Tee Dee" means here? The thing the "zapper" says at the end. The Jawas are zapping R2D2 so they can sell him.

Thanks

#6180 5 years ago
Quoted from mcbPalisade:

Does anyone know what "Ouu Tee Dee" means here? The thing the "zapper" says at the end. The Jawas are zapping R2D2 so they can sell him.
Thanks

"Utinni" is a shout of astonishment or surprise.

#6181 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

"Utinni" is a shout of astonishment or surprise.

Thanks for that and the correct spelling. I am much better at Klingon.

#6182 5 years ago

Played around on a pro today at a distro’s showroom.... lined up against, IM, GOTG, Houdini, Beatles, GB Pro, AFMr, DP. SW was smooth as butter so as far as “ feel” it blew them all out of the water.

#6183 5 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

SW was smooth as butter so as far as “ feel” it blew them all out of the water.

And that's why I love plastic ramps.

#6184 5 years ago

Any word on final code on this game getting polish? Sounds like wizard modes need work with victory laps etc. I'm looking at getting a premium, but it makes me a bit nervous knowing Dwight seems to never finish games like GB and SW. Any thoughts on current code and what's needed as of now?

#6185 5 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Any word on final code on this game getting polish? Sounds like wizard modes need work with victory laps etc. I'm looking at getting a premium, but it makes me a bit nervous knowing Dwight seems to never finish games like GB and SW. Any thoughts on current code and what's needed as of now?

He didn’t finish GOT either. Tons of bugs and polish missing in that game.

Ruleswise, game is fantastic and complete.

Code wise, here’s the big ones for me honestly, and I think I posted more earlier in this thread:

+ improved choreography when defeating a planet multiball while hyperspace hurryup, hyperspace multiball, or tie fighter multiball are running.

+ scoring display needs tons of improvements. There are critical shots (i.e. final shot of a planet multiball) that are not displayed. And other key modes that don’t display proper total values (LSD). And modes in general should show a total score for the mode when completed like GOT does.

All in all; I wouldn’t hold your breath on another update anytime soon (if at all). Dwight is working on Munsters and then I suspect it’s back to GB.

#6186 5 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

A final polish update would be great, but the game is completely playable, it's all little things, unlike GB which is still missing major bits

#6187 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

A final polish update would be great, but the game is completely playable, it's all little things, unlike GB which is still missing major bits

Exactly. Saying Star Wars isn’t finished just is not true.

#6188 5 years ago

You guys should try to understand that 'Dwight' is a team of people. He's the lead. He designed and coded the major stuff. This type of cleanup has nothing to do with him. He's way too expensive and precious a resource to go bug hunting. It's only stern priorization and cleanup team assignments from here on out.

#6189 5 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

You guys should try to understand that 'Dwight' is a team of people. He's the lead. He designed and coded the major stuff. This type of cleanup has nothing to do with him. He's way too expensive and precious a resource to go bug hunting. It's only stern priorization and cleanup team assignments from here on out.

So is he assigned to a specific "team"? Seems like other games like bm66, acdc, Metallica, Aerosmith, GOTG, and even kiss got code updates more often than SW and GB. Are those same teams working on those, or what's the deal. Even Beatles got an update already and nobody even has one practically. Seems like the Lyman games are a shoe in to be completed eventually, but I'm not sure on the others. Who else is a lead coder at stern? Just asking because I'm curious how it works.

#6190 5 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

So is he assigned to a specific "team"? Seems like other games like bm66, acdc, Metallica, Aerosmith, GOTG, and even kiss got code updates more often than SW and GB. Are those same teams working on those, or what's the deal. Even Beatles got an update already and nobody even has one practically. Seems like the Lyman games are a shoe in to be completed eventually, but I'm not sure on the others. Who else is a lead coder at stern? Just asking because I'm curious how it works.

It's not clear who's working on many of these updates. Is the original lead coder even involved? Did they just give pointers for someone else to implement?

Lyman seems to have a habit of working on his games in his own spare time to finish them off.

Whether the lack of updates for Dwight's games is a result of him not directing his assistants to work on them, or Stern not assigning someone, is an open question.

#6191 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Whether the lack of updates for Dwight's games is a result of him not directing his assistants to work on them, or Stern not assigning someone, is an open question.

That's what I wondered. Seems like some better code support on specific games. Just what it looks like to me. Gotta feel bad for GB owners watching everything else get updated, and SW feels lacking as well. Feels like a trend. Was just curious.

#6192 5 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

That's what I wondered. Seems like some better code support on specific games. Just what it looks like to me. Gotta feel bad for GB owners watching everything else get updated, and SW feels lacking as well. Feels like a trend. Was just curious.

Huh. I don’t feel SW is lacking. I think code is pretty darn awesome. Has there ever been a pinball (that’s modern/complex) with perfect code...no bugs? That’s not a snarky question...just a real question.

#6193 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Lyman seems to have a habit of working on his games in his own spare time to finish them off.

That's the thing. Lyman gets a lot of love on this forum, but I still think he's underappreciated. As far as I know, he takes the game home and polishes it until he (as the great player he is) feels that it's finished. That takes an incredible amount of time and care. Perhaps he is compensated for his efforts, but that's not the impression I get.

One could make the case that we're jaded as consumers because of this. I tend to feel that a company that is putting out a product that people are purchasing for 2 reasons (either as an investment to make money on route, or as a ridiculous luxury home entertainment piece), they owe it to their consumers to provide a complete game.

#6194 5 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Huh. I don’t feel SW is lacking. I think code is pretty darn awesome. Has there ever been a pinball (that’s modern/complex) with perfect code...no bugs? That’s not a snarky question...just a real question.

I'm not saying it's bad, but I've heard several people say beating wizard modes is very underwhelming, and scoring not being displayed on achieving objectives at times. Why not finish it and make it a real accomplishment. I see other coders games getting updates more regularly now, yet SW and GB have fallen off the map. I have no doubt both will eventually be done, but GB desperately needs it, and games built years later are more frequently updated. When was the last Dwight game that was considered code complete and polished? Serious question just in conversation.

#6195 5 years ago

I agree about a Star Wars update as well. It really can't be that time consuming to clean up existing code and add small features, compared to writing it from scratch. Stern has the bugs submitted to them so it's no mystery as to what is needed. Updates need to be better planned and implemented across the board, not left at 1.0. There is always plenty of room for improvement.

#6196 5 years ago

I'll also mention just for the sake of conversation, jjp is on pinside communicating with us. We know they are working on updates, and acknowledge bugs we submit. It would be nice to hear from stern more with better time tables. How do you think GB owners felt last week when my Metallica got an update? It just seems odd that it's Dwight's games typically lacking finish.

Sorry to derail thread BTW. I'm really looking at getting a SW premium, but listening to several owners complain about wizard modes and scoring made me wonder why. Thanks for the input on the game. Still would like to hear more about opinions from owners.

#6197 5 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

I'll also mention just for the sake of conversation, jjp is on pinside communicating with us. We know they are working on updates, and acknowledge bugs we submit. It would be nice to hear from stern more with better time tables. How do you think GB owners felt last week when my Metallica got an update? It just seems odd that it's Dwight's games typically lacking finish.
Sorry to derail thread BTW. I'm really looking at getting a SW premium, but listening to several owners complain about wizard modes and scoring made me wonder why. Thanks for the input on the game. Still would like to hear more about opinions from owners.

I felt pretty good! I would love a GB update, but my Metallica got even better

#6198 5 years ago

All games should be polished. Period. High profile themes stand out like sore thumbs. Dwight has been on a lot of them.

Come on Dwight, make these games great.

#6199 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I felt pretty good! I would love a GB update, but my Metallica got even better

Don't get me wrong. I loved the surprise Metallica update as well.

#6200 5 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

You have nothing to worry about. Buy the machine and join the club, you will not regret it. Every machine could be improved on, don't let that stop you.

The final wizard mode is fine, currently deceptively easy once figured out (after many failures I might add), and that might change a tad in the future but it'll get your adrenaline pumping that is for sure.

Improvements in displaying of score in certain modes etc is a valid issue that we all hope will eventually get looked into but I hazard to guess that it'll be months before you begin to care about such a thing, you'll be too busy trying to get to the Emperor.

The rest are minor polish issues, bugs and oddities that every game probably has to some degree.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fairfax, VA
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

8,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 15,042 posts in this topic. You are on page 124 of 301.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/124?hl=mcbpalisade and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.