20230222_084649 (resized).jpg
20230222_085316 (resized).jpg
20230222_084653 (resized).jpg
20230222_084538 (resized).jpg
20230222_084535 (resized).jpg
20230222_084134 (resized).jpg
20230222_084126 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 14,971 posts in this topic. You are on page 122 of 300.
#6051 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I think the white is really nice on the pro

White does look good in the pro, I don’t really like it with the premium cabinet art. I’m sure gloss black would look nice like the LE. I was hoping I could see some games with other colors.

#6052 5 years ago

First thing to do with the Premium is ditch the white T molding.

#6053 5 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

First thing to do with the Premium is ditch the white T molding.

Huh?

#6056 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

White trim, white powdercoat

As long as the trim matches the powder coat. That one on the market place looks terrible with two different whites

#6057 5 years ago

I like the black trim. I’ll be switching mine to black regardless of the powdercoat. Do they sell that T molding at Home Depot/Lowe’s?

#6058 5 years ago

https://www.t-molding.com good and fast shipping too

I did white powder and t moulding on mine, and like it

#6059 5 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

As long as the trim matches the powder coat. That one on the market place looks terrible with two different whites

So you're saying the carpet has to match the drapes.......?

#6060 5 years ago
Quoted from Jarbyjibbo:

So you're saying the carpet has to match the drapes.......?

I prefer NO CARPET please... thank you.

#6061 5 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

I prefer NO CARPET please... thank you.

Don't your toes get cold?

#6062 5 years ago

Green on green for me!

IMG_20170916_190010644 (resized).jpgIMG_20170916_190010644 (resized).jpg
#6063 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Green on green for me!
[quoted image]

Is that the Jabba version? Never seen that.

#6064 5 years ago
Quoted from Soapman:

Is that the Jabba version? Never seen that.

It's an LE. It comes with black t molding on the head, which I changed out for green to better match the slimer theme.

@thelaw, I give you credit for being a dedicated hater

#6065 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

It's an LE. It comes with black t molding on the head, which I changed out for green to better match the slimer theme.
thelaw, I give you credit for being a dedicated hater

What does GB slimer le have to do with star wars pinball?

#6066 5 years ago
Quoted from Brtlkat:

What does GB slimer le have to do with star wars pinball?

LMAO! I totally didn't realize I was in the wrong thread!

#6067 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

LMAO! I totally didn't realize I was in the wrong thread!

And you thought I downvoted you for the color, how dare you sir.

#6068 5 years ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

Holy humble brag Batman!!!
Guys I just picked up a guitar and played Stairway to Heaven, is that good? I don't play guitar as much as my other instruments.

Responding to the most amusing of the quotes! Ok, I felt it was a good score, but I’ve seen people post ridiculous scores in other threads - SKB comes to mind - and I haven’t read through this whole thread. I just got the game a couple months ago.

When I was doing well, I was camping in the 4-5B range. Then I blew it up, but failed to get to Wizard. I must have been one fairly minor thing short, because the playfield seemed to indicate everything was complete. Unfortunately I don’t know what else I needed.

Last night, I played the game over and over and had aLOT of low scores. Literally under 100M one game. It was really bizarre.

It’s now taken me 2 months, but I’ve finally decided that I really like the game. I’m used to the rules now, how to navigate the game and the pace you need to play at. I understand all the modes now, and aren’t annoyed by them as I feared I might be.

The game really makes you think ahead, plan, strategize, etc. Way more than most games. At first I suspected that might be a drag, but now I dig it, and love the challenge. And it is a challenge. The game is a little complex, IMO, but not in a bad way. It is not “math chess” (lol). That’s just a snarky - and very clever, amusing - exaggeration. But wrong. Maybe just “chess”. Or maybe just a game with an unusual rule base that rewards the owner or player that can immerse themselves in the game. Star Wars rewards patience.

Now, I know this has been asked and answered a lot, but please tell me the strategy to avoid the horseshoe shot down the middle. It’s getting worse and really pissing me off.

#6069 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I just love it that you can blow up the Death Star for 0 points and get no rewarding music.
Can someone in the ‘in’ give Dwight a nut punch for me!?! He really needs to give his game some polish - i.e. show the score when you make a finishing shot in the major multiballs, and give it some priority so that the fan fare music plays every time when doing so.
Come to think of it, I don’t even think light saber duel or emporor battle show the final shot totals. I thought this game was Dwight’s most proud game?
<rant over> still love Dwight and love this game but polish it Dwight please!

Also, if I have to hear Yoda at “game over” for the rest of time I will come to hate him. Please, add in other characters saying cool shit at the end of games. Hell, I’d even settle for a freaking Chewie comment (how should one describe the sound Chewie makes?).

The game does need - and deserves - some polish.

And for the dreamers out there, why not add torpedos or something that we can earn and use to blow away a pesky asteroid or two during the asteroid mode? Using the center button?

But please, for the love of god, give us more than just Yoda when the game ends.

#6070 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

And you thought I downvoted you for the color, how dare you sir.

LMAO, I got so sidetracked by the t molding talk!

#6071 5 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Then I blew it up, but failed to get to Wizard. I must have been one fairly minor thing short, because the playfield seemed to indicate everything was complete. Unfortunately I don’t know what else I needed.

That’s usually Escape from Boba Fett for me...still not sure how to start it, but you can select it when playing with Han.

#6072 5 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

still not sure how to start it,

Been stuck with everything finished in exactly that situation. Sucked massively. Lost two balls trying to start it and failed. Don't know how to trigger the white arrows in order to shoot for them...

Han is my solution as well. I start boba fett as the first thing on ball one and if I don't complete it on the first ball I don't even continue the game and restart.

If anyone can explain how to get those white arrows to light up I'd appreciate it a lot

#6073 5 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Been stuck with everything finished in exactly that situation. Sucked massively. Lost two balls trying to start it and failed. Don't know how to trigger the white arrows in order to shoot for them...
Han is my solution as well. I start boba fett as the first thing on ball one and if I don't complete it on the first ball I don't even continue the game and restart.
If anyone can explain how to get those white arrows to light up I'd appreciate it a lot

You need to shoot Combo shots to light the white arrows.

Here is a full Game Guide for Star Wars: http://pinballzoo.com/Games/GameTips?id=880

#6074 5 years ago
Quoted from T7:

You need to shoot Combo shots to light the white arrows.
Here is a full Game Guide for Star Wars: http://pinballzoo.com/Games/GameTips?id=880

Light blue combos light white arrows. Doesn't work when in modes, etc.

Anyone know how many white arrows you need to start Boba Fett? I think 4-5?

#6075 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Anyone know how many white arrows you need to start Boba Fett?

To my knowledge 4.

#6076 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Light blue combos light white arrows. Doesn't work when in modes, etc.
Anyone know how many white arrows you need to start Boba Fett? I think 4-5?

It's 4 white arrows.
Also, the combo shots do work in modes for the first 2 white arrows - but the last 2 must be done when not in a mode.
- This info is in the Game Guide I linked btw

#6077 5 years ago

Here's my update to the sticky post "Summary of shots needed for modes." (I'm unable to edit the original post)

Newly Added:
DS4: Destroy the Death Star
H4: Escape from Hoth
T4: Escape from Tatooine
E4: Battle above Endor
Lightsaber Duel
Combos & Escape from Boba Fett Activation
Escape from Boba Fett
Defeat the Emperor (Jedi Multiball)

Also added:
Icons for: Points, Hurry-Ups, Adding Time and Non Compulsory Shots that can be timed-out.

Note: Much of this was tested on a SW Premium using Code 1.03 and should be 100% compatible with the current latest code (1.05). All shots are compatible with the Pro model; just ignore the Fork Ramp icon (||) for the Left Loop shots. If you find any errors please point them out I'll do my best to update the post ASAP.

Click of the images below to view them in their proper resolution.

SWM01.gifSWM01.gifSWM02.gifSWM02.gif Added over 5 years ago:

Update: In the " Destroy the Death Star" mission, in the second last row, two Hurry-Up icons are missing, and the notes should read: Both ramps. After shooting one ramp a Hurry-Up starts. You have 12 seconds to shoot the other ramp.

#6078 5 years ago
Quoted from Hoochoo:

Here's my update to the sticky post "Summary of shots needed for modes." (I'm unable to edit the original post)
Newly Added:
Lightsaber Duel
Escape from Boba Fett
Also added:
Icons for: Points, Hurry-Ups, Adding Time and Non Compulsory Shots that can be timed-out.
Note: Much of this was tested on a SW Premium using Code 1.03 and should be 100% compatible with the current latest code (1.05). All shots are compatible with the Pro model; just ignore the Fork Ramp icon (||) for the Left Loop shots. If you find any errors please point them out I'll do my best to update the post ASAP.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Holy hell... I'm starting to think I'm not "into" pinball as much as some of you guys. I don't think nearly this much when I play a game!

#6079 5 years ago
Quoted from Hoochoo:

Newly Added:
Lightsaber Duel
Escape from Boba Fett
Also added:

That’s awesome! Thanks for this!

#6080 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Holy hell... I'm starting to think I'm not "into" pinball as much as some of you guys. I don't think nearly this much when I play a game!

that chart right there is why my star wars is one of the least played games of my collection... I love the way the machine looks, but no way do I want to think that hard, or have to remember all that stuff. pinball for me is an escape, and should not be more work, or labor intensive... my brain is very tired when I am done working for the day!

although. much cred to Hoochoo for making that chart, well done my friend.

#6081 5 years ago

It did cross my mind that laying out all the shots in table form would make the game seem overly complicated to some, but really, most of the time you start a mission and just go for the flashing arrows and you progress just fine (Though I wish that maybe in a future code update the shots that are there just for points are a different color, maybe pink?). Keep playing the game semi-regularly and those tables above will not look complicated anymore. Missions like Death Star 1, Endor 3 and Tatooine 2 should be tattooed into everyone's brains by now as they are shared missions.

Since this is currently my only machine it gets a lot of love. The flow of the machine and the code are both brilliant. It seems I'm always learning something new either by playing or reading this thread. Thanks to everyone that posted info and videos in this thread, YouTube and Facebook btw, many times it helped me corroborate what I was looking into.

Jedi Multiball was a bit of a pain to get my head around but now having it fully explored I wouldn't be surprised if it was to change just a tad in the future. The light-show just before you begin is a bit off, only the left side of the machine is lit blue until it starts, that's odd. The last three red shots are not in step with previous Emperor attacks, it should probably be one shot. And a big theme of the fight is your health bar but to be honest it's very generous, you can miss many of the shots on offer and still not die. But I suspect it's intentional, the music and light-show is very dramatic so not only are you fighting the Emperor, you are also fighting your own nerves.

#6082 5 years ago
Quoted from Hoochoo:

Since this is currently my only machine it gets a lot of love.

That's pretty much the main scenario to bring out the true depth of this machine. For me it's the same (Apart from owning a getaway that I keep for nostalgic and never play):
- Home use pin
- Only pin

Like that you actually immerse enough to see what a masterpiece this machine is. In any other situation I totally understand people discarding the machine as confusing or otherwise underwhelming. It's definitely not for casual playing and only unfolds itself to those willing to get into it. That's how it also maintains the challenge. Anyway, this thing is ridiculously awesome

#6083 5 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

That's pretty much the main scenario to bring out the true depth of this machine. For me it's the same (Apart from owning a getaway that I keep for nostalgic and never play):
- Home use pin
- Only pin
Like that you actually immerse enough to see what a masterpiece this machine is. In any other situation I totally understand people discarding the machine as confusing or otherwise underwhelming. It's definitely not for casual playing and only unfolds itself to those willing to get into it. That's how it also maintains the challenge. Anyway, this thing is ridiculously awesome

I third this. The level of depth in this game is great. The speed may fool some people into thinking otherwise, but at home it's nice to have the ability to just take your time and understand it.

#6084 5 years ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

I third this. The level of depth in this game is great. The speed may fool some people into thinking otherwise, but at home it's nice to have the ability to just take your time and understand it.

The level of depth is some of the best in pinball, I agree, but I'm still left wanting even more!

#6085 5 years ago
Quoted from Hoochoo:

Here's my update to the sticky post "Summary of shots needed for modes."

HooChoo, this is amazing work! I don't have the time to play enough to ever figure all of this out, let alone to remember it. I'm going to print it out and stick it on the wall next to the pin with credit to HooChoo!

Quoted from Kobaja:

- Home use pin
- Only pin

Like that you actually immerse enough to see what a masterpiece this machine is.

Couldn't agree more.

#6086 5 years ago
Quoted from Hoochoo:

Newly Added:
Lightsaber Duel
Escape from Boba Fett
Also added:

I never really understood Hoth and Tattooine MB. Right before I started them last night I pulled up this list and it helped a ton!

#6087 5 years ago
Quoted from fxdwg:

that chart right there is why my star wars is one of the least played games of my collection... I love the way the machine looks, but no way do I want to think that hard, or have to remember all that stuff. pinball for me is an escape, and should not be more work, or labor intensive... my brain is very tired when I am done working for the day!
although. much cred to HooChoo for making that chart, well done my friend.

I never really understood comments like this - people have complained about this for years on all sorts of games (like GOT). Just because there are layers of strategy and extra understanding doesn't mean you have to nerd out about it to enjoy it. it's still pinball. push the start button and go. have fun and just play. You might find if you own the game that a few years down the road you'll appreciate the extra depth. Knowledge of stacking and bringing certain things in at the same time is always helpful, but it's not the be-all and end-all for getting a good score - - playing well and not draining is the key to that and that just takes skill.

#6088 5 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

I never really understood comments like this - people have complained about this for years on all sorts of games (like GOT). Just because there are layers of strategy and extra understanding doesn't mean you have to nerd out about it to enjoy it. it's still pinball. push the start button and go. have fun and just play. You might find if you own the game that a few years down the road you'll appreciate the extra depth. Knowledge of stacking and bringing certain things in at the same time is always helpful, but it's not the be-all and end-all for getting a good score - - playing well and not draining is the key to that and that just takes skill.

Yep. The depth of the code also hasn't stopped SW from being the most popular game when we have non-pinball people over the play (and likewise with our kids and their friends). The theme's an obvious draw, but the speed, callouts and light show are all great for people with zero clue about the rules.

#6089 5 years ago

The majority of pins being made now and in the future will continue to be like SW depth wise with tons of shit going on...so hopefully people can adjust or they'll be funneled toward the domino's/Jetsons side of things.

Not that um... There's anything wrong with that.

#6090 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

The majority of pins being made now and in the future will continue to be like SW depth wise with tons of shit going on...so hopefully people can adjust or they'll be funneled toward the domino's/Jetsons side of things.
Not that um... There's anything wrong with that.

No other pins right now compare to the complexity of star wars modes, and I doubt that'll change

#6091 5 years ago

Just shoot the flashing shots

#6092 5 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

I never really understood Hoth and Tattooine MB. Right before I started them last night I pulled up this list and it helped a ton!

I was in the same boat. Early on I had trouble completing the Death Star and Hoth MB modes. It's one thing to read what you generally have to do in these modes and another when it's in a more visual format like a table/graph. The moment I saw the modes in table form I was able to memorize them almost instantly and since then I've been able to complete these missions way more regularly.

#6093 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

No other pins right now compare to the complexity of star wars modes, and I doubt that'll change

Have you played JJP-POTC or seen the flow map for the rules on that game? Houdini? Oktoberfest? Pinside screams for more and more from their pinball games every year on year (just look at how much hate KISS had until yesterday). It's changing...

Honestly, i don't even think Star Wars is really that complex - - most of the modes are very basic, hit this blinking shot, then that blinking shot, etc. The nuance comes in to understanding which specific modes you want to bring in at the same time or when and how to try and stack multiballs.

#6094 5 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

Have you played JJP-POTC or seen the flow map for the rules on that game? Houdini? Oktoberfest? Pinside screams for more and more from their pinball games every year on year (just look at how much hate KISS had until yesterday). It's changing...
Honestly, i don't even think Star Wars is really that complex - - most of the modes are very basic, hit this blinking shot, then that blinking shot, etc. The nuance comes in to understanding which specific modes you want to bring in at the same time or when and how to try and stack multiballs.

JJP-POTC has 125 modes. Every single one says "shoot these 2-9 shots before the timer runs out". Every one. You don't need to know a thing about it. Star Wars has modes like the speeder chase, luke's duel with vader, shooting shots to light the tie fighter on a timer, building and collecting values, etc. They're way more complex, and many of them you can't_ finish by just shooting lit shots blindly. And they don't time out. Star Wars forces you to know the rules to its modes to progress. Not to mention Hoth MB with all its different stages and requirements.

Most of pinball seems perfectly content with some 'shoot the blinky lights, or just ignore them' modes with no deeper logic as have been found in every other stern save Dwight's last efforts somewhat

#6095 5 years ago
Quoted from T-800:

I agree on the Star Wars not being that complex to play...yes there are scoring tricks to get really crazy scoring going.

Star Wars is Deep because there is much to accomplish but really not that complex.
Scoring can be complex but most casual players don’t give a crap about all that anyway.

#6096 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

JJP-POTC has 125 modes. Every single one says "shoot these 2-9 shots before the timer runs out". Every one. You don't need to know a thing about it. Star Wars has modes like the speeder chase, luke's duel with vader, shooting shots to light the tie fighter on a timer, building and collecting values, etc. They're way more complex, and many of them you can't_ finish by just shooting lit shots blindly. And they don't time out. Star Wars forces you to know the rules to its modes to progress. Not to mention Hoth MB with all its different stages and requirements.
Most of pinball seems perfectly content with some 'shoot the blinky lights, or just ignore them' modes with no deeper logic as have been found in every other stern save Dwight's last efforts somewhat

Someone needs to make a nice flowchart for Star Wars like JJP did for POTC.

I don’t even know where all this Star Wars depth of rules info is posted.

#6097 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

That's pretty much it!

#6098 5 years ago
Quoted from pudealee:

That's pretty much it!

Yep you can also "read the instructions they give you" before a mode starts too. I understand people lack the ability to pull their heads up for some reason but with a little practice it can be done.

Or maybe most people can't read?

#6099 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yep you can also "read the instructions they give you" before a mode starts too. I understand people lack the ability to pull their heads up for some reason but with a little practice it can be done.
Or maybe most people can't read?

Half the instructions are still wrong too...

Quoted from TheLaw:

Shooting the flashing shots won't always help you in SW. I've watched new players who didn't know the rules shoot flashing shots forever and never make it out of modes because they didn't know *which* flashing shots to shoot, or didn't shoot them quickly enough, et

#6100 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I've watched new players who didn't know...

Oh I'm sure it happens, but I'm not interested in the new player angle at all.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Los Angeles, CA
$ 250.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 3,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
$ 48.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
$ 76.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
Backbox
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 49.00
Boards
PinballReplacementParts
Boards
$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
8,200 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation
Pinball Machine
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 10.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 3,699.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 14,971 posts in this topic. You are on page 122 of 300.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/122?hl=ray3127 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.