IMG_8600 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6632 (resized).jpeg
sw1 (resized).JPEG
sw2 (resized).JPEG
sw3 (resized).JPEG
sw4 (resized).JPEG

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,046 posts in this topic. You are on page 121 of 301.
#6001 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I wouldn't get your hopes up. GAP may be wrong... I think it will be $399 for IMDN and $499 for Star Wars, but I hope I am wrong for sure.

Might want to buy one while its $399.

#6002 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

I wouldn't get your hopes up. GAP may be wrong... I think it will be $399 for IMDN and $499 for Star Wars, but I hope I am wrong for sure.

Why would you assume a multi year Stern distributor would be wrong? Are you also a distributor?

#6003 5 years ago

Are you sure this is the actual unit from Stern?

Oh wait, one 400x300 JPG; checks out.

#6004 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Why would you assume a multi year Stern distributor would be wrong? Are you also a distributor?

Because the game interactive toppers with moving parts have always been $500.

Not a distributor but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Yelobird are you going to dress up the base of this and sell the kit?

#6005 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Because the game interactive toppers with moving parts have always been $500.
Not a distributor but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.
yelobird are you going to dress up the base of this and sell the kit?

Yelobird I’m in if you make this mod!

#6006 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

yelobird I’m in if you make this mod!

It honestly wasn’t horrible in person granted it could use some basic color aging or panel decals. I am sure there will be opportunities if people don’t love it.

#6007 5 years ago

Whichever price it is, it saved me that much. Hard pass.

#6008 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Just heard from GAP. The price was incorrrect and should have been listed at $500

I’ll still get it.

#6009 5 years ago

After a little time contemplating my victory over the Emperor, I think the payoff was a little underwhelming. I liked the flippers going dead and watching the end scene. But no victory multiball or laps? Every mini wizard awards you victory multiball if you defeat it. Emperor just kicks you immediately back into character choice. I know there is supposed to be one more polish update...this could use some touch up.

#6010 5 years ago

I bought this game not long before a move. It's setup at my new place, but there's so much other stuff to do that I rarely get an opportunity to do more than play a tired, half-hearted game.

The other night I finally got a chance to play a good solid couple hours of pinball. TNA and SW dominated that session. They're great compliments to eachother. I gave the multipliers on SW a break for once, and just set it and forget it for most of my games, at least until it was crazy high with an important shot to be made. That worked out as a great strategy for me, and I had a ton of fun trying to play through modes.

I found I don't really care for stacking modes. This game can be pretty immersive, and bouncing between two modes really takes away from that for me. The worst part about that is I'll obviously have a very difficult time progressing to the final stages..

#6011 5 years ago
Quoted from Deaconblooze:

I bought this game not long before a move. It's setup at my new place, but there's so much other stuff to do that I rarely get an opportunity to do more than play a tired, half-hearted game.
The other night I finally got a chance to play a good solid couple hours of pinball. TNA and SW dominated that session. They're great compliments to eachother. I gave the multipliers on SW a break for once, and just set it and forget it for most of my games, at least until it was crazy high with an important shot to be made. That worked out as a great strategy for me, and I had a ton of fun trying to play through modes.
I found I don't really care for stacking modes. This game can be pretty immersive, and bouncing between two modes really takes away from that for me. The worst part about that is I'll obviously have a very difficult time progressing to the final stages..

I have stacking turned off, much better game that way IMO.

Quoted from Crile1:

After a little time contemplating my victory over the Emperor, I think the payoff was a little underwhelming. I liked the flippers going dead and watching the end scene. But no victory multiball or laps? Every mini wizard awards you victory multiball if you defeat it. Emperor just kicks you immediately back into character choice. I know there is supposed to be one more polish update...this could use some touch up.

Totally agree. More emphasis on defeating the emporor, better choreography with defeating planet multiballs, and better job at displaying major scoring awards (i.e. final shot in a planet multiball).

Are you sure there’s another polish update coming? When it comes to Dwight code, as good as he is, when he moves onto another project he never looks back.

#6012 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Are you sure there’s another polish update coming? When it comes to Dwight code, as good as he is, when he moves onto another project he never looks back.

Just the rumor mill. I'm guessing any polish will be done by some of the new "second tier" coders.

#6013 5 years ago

I just set and forget the multipliers, except for video mode. Every time I try to move a multiplier, I drain. I pretty much play for progression, not score.

#6014 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I agree with you. Kicking you back into character select is a bit abrupt. Even a simple static image of the final scene in RotJ and text that congratulates you on defeating the emperor with some stats on how you played would be enough for me. Actually I'd even settle for less, using already used assets within the game such as the character select screen images and a simple congratulations.

return-of-the-jedi_612x380_2 (resized).jpgreturn-of-the-jedi_612x380_2 (resized).jpg
#6015 5 years ago

@Hoochoo, If they did the end "photo shot" scene with "Yub Nub" playing...I'd loose my $hit!

#6016 5 years ago

I’d like two endings vs the emporor:

1. If you defeat the emporor you get the end scene from ROTJ as Hoochoo mentioned and maybe Ben, Yoda, and Anakin with the celebration music and a multiball switch frenzy of some sort, or a drop target frenzy where you just pound the drops.

2. If you lose to the emporor it’s game over no matter how many balls you have remaining. With taunting laughs from the emporor.

I’d also like to see medals used more in the game. Maybe a possible way to get more than 1 medal per planet and have them be worth much more than they are, 100 mil isn’t much when you have a 5bil + score that deep into the game.

#6017 5 years ago

Year#2- Every Yoda that comes to the door gets hard candy

#6018 5 years ago
Quoted from Jaeg:

Year#2- Every Yoda that comes to the door gets hard candy

Someone gave my kids ketchup packets this evening. Something to consider for next year ...

#6019 5 years ago

Owned my premium for a little over a year - and just now defeated the emperor (first attempt as well). Woot!

#6020 5 years ago

Anyone have to replace a tie fighter yet?

Does sell replacements?

A ball impacted it off the tie fighter target and cracked off a third of the left wing.

#6021 5 years ago

Played SW on location over the weekend for the 1st time in a while. Got to a light Sabre duel that seemed different than the one I usually get. Could anyone tell me about the different light Sabre modes?

#6022 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Anyone have to replace a tie fighter yet?
Does sell replacements?
A ball impacted it off the tie fighter target and cracked off a third of the left wing.

Sure they do.

#6023 5 years ago
Quoted from CreepyTom:

Played SW on location over the weekend for the 1st time in a while. Got to a light Sabre duel that seemed different than the one I usually get. Could anyone tell me about the different light Sabre modes?

I could be wrong but I don't think with any code update that Lightsaber Duel has changed much if at all since being introduced.. other than appearing only once per character if you have already completed it. Is it possible you were in Luke's Hoth 2 or Endor 2 missions? Both these missions are very cool, both involving Luke fighting Darth Vader.

#6024 5 years ago

Got my SW translight autographed by Tim Rose
Admiral Ackbar .....

20181104_134930 (resized).jpg20181104_134930 (resized).jpg20181104_135504 (resized).jpg20181104_135504 (resized).jpg
#6025 5 years ago

Got my SW translight autographed by Tim Rose aka
Admiral Ackbar.....he also wrote "careful player it's a trap!!" Awesome guy ...

20181104_134930 (resized).jpg20181104_134930 (resized).jpg20181104_135502 (resized).jpg20181104_135502 (resized).jpg
#6026 5 years ago

I thought the ackbar actor was dead?

#6027 5 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

I thought the ackbar actor was dead?

Sebastian Shaw (Akbar's voice)is dead, Tim Rose was the puppeteer/animatronics/performer on the set.

#6028 5 years ago

I just love it that you can blow up the Death Star for 0 points and get no rewarding music.

Can someone in the ‘in’ give Dwight a nut punch for me!?! He really needs to give his game some polish - i.e. show the score when you make a finishing shot in the major multiballs, and give it some priority so that the fan fare music plays every time when doing so.

Come to think of it, I don’t even think light saber duel or emporor battle show the final shot totals. I thought this game was Dwight’s most proud game?

<rant over> still love Dwight and love this game but polish it Dwight please!

#6029 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I just love it that you can blow up the Death Star for 0 points and get no rewarding music.
Can someone in the ‘in’ give Dwight a nut punch for me!?! He really needs to give his game some polish - i.e. show the score when you make a finishing shot in the major multiballs, and give it some priority so that the fan fare music plays every time when doing so.
Come to think of it, I don’t even think light saber duel or emporor battle show the final shot totals. I thought this game was Dwight’s most proud game?
&lt;rant over&gt; still love Dwight and love this game but polish it Dwight please!

Preach it. Agree 100% and this game could become just that much better with one more update.

#6030 5 years ago

Mine is on location and I haven't got some real serious time on it personally.

Last week it rebooted while playing and I don't know what specific event caused it but I do believe it was software related. Def a few bugs lurking in the current code.

1 week later
#6031 5 years ago

For those of you that have mirror blades: How have they held up? What brand or dealer do you recommend? Thanks!

#6032 5 years ago
Quoted from pudealee:

For those of you that have mirror blades: How have they held up? What brand or dealer do you recommend? Thanks!

Cointaker
They look fantastic on mine

#6033 5 years ago

My wife ordered the Pingraffix EL kit for the limited edition armor for my birthday and I think it turned out nice, though I did have some issues that I thought might be helpful to share in case someone was considering this kit.

First, my kit came with a bad cord. I don't blame anyone for this, but my request for technical support from Pingraffix in hunting down this gremlin wasn't terribly helpful and once I figured out the problem my request to them for a new cable never received a response. Luckily, in the end we were able to fashion a new cord using an old computer power brick cord and the bill validator cable. And were it not for having to overcome this hurdle, installation would not have taken very long.

The other annoyance I had was the portion of the EL paper that glows is JUST big enough to light up all of the grates. An inconvenience that is compounded by what must be guide hole in the EL paper at one end that doesn't line up properly with a screw/bolt hole in the armor.

Maybe also noteworthy to a potential purchaser is that my inverter box indicates that the kit is supposed to have a gradient feature, but that doesn't work for me. I'm not positive if that's really supposed to be an actual feature or if it is just a result of using a generic inverter box, but regardless it doesn't bother me as I think the solid, non-dimming/non-flashing light looks best. Also, someone who is really particular may be bothered by the high-pitched noise the EL paper makes, but it's pretty quiet and obviously can't be heard over the gameplay or even the backbox fan once it gets going.

Overall, I'm pleased with this mod. It looks great on, and importantly to me it looks plain white when the game is off as well. Something like this should have been factory standard for LE in my opinion. So if anyone is considering this mod, then I hope this post is helpful and if anyone runs into the same issue with the power cord then they can feel free to PM and I'll be happy to go through what I found and how we got over it in greater detail.

IMG_1238 (resized).JPGIMG_1238 (resized).JPG
#6034 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Cointaker
They look fantastic on mine

+1, Cointaker. They have held up well. No issues.

#6035 5 years ago

I am looking to trade or sell my Star Wars Prem if anyone is looking. Bought NIB from Cointaker for my kids last Christmas, and I kid you not, game hasn't been played in 6+ months. As minty new as a HUO pin can be. We are located in Western North Carolina.

#6036 5 years ago

Got 16B on factory but with modes not stacked. Is that good? I’m not playing the game nearly as much as I do most pins that I own, but I have been enjoying it a lot when I do play.

I don’t like how I can play any mode from any lit planet shot. Kind of takes away from the challenge IMO.

And yes, Dwight, if you’re out there, polish up the game. Make it special.

#6037 5 years ago

16B...yeah that's good for ball 1

#6038 5 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Got 16B on factory but with modes not stacked. Is that good?

I hate you

#6039 5 years ago

Got 16B on factory but with modes not stacked. Is that good? I’m not playing the game nearly as much as I do most pins that I own, but I have been enjoying it a lot when I do play.
I don’t like how I can play any mode from any lit planet shot. Kind of takes away from the challenge IMO.
And yes, Dwight, if you’re out there, polish up the game. Make it special.

Holy humble brag Batman!!!

Guys I just picked up a guitar and played Stairway to Heaven, is that good? I don't play guitar as much as my other instruments.

#6040 5 years ago

Got 16B on factory but ...

Quoted from ktownhero:

Holy humble brag Batman!!!

agree. a great score but a pathetic inferiority complex, judging be the post. unfortunately for reasonable people the latter outweighs the first.

#6041 5 years ago

Got 16B on factory but with modes not stacked. Is that good?

The common consensus is that 17B is a good score.

#6042 5 years ago

It's a flippin amazing score. My max is around 5. A buddy dropped by a week ago and got 6.

#6043 5 years ago

My best game that never was...I had 3.5 billion on ball one with two extra balls waiting. The wife had the kids ready and waiting to head out to eat. She said just leave it and it will be there when we get back. I reluctantly agreed and stepped away. My son, trying to be helpful and unaware said, “Alexa...turn off the arcade”. All I could do is scream “NOOOOOO”, as I watched it turn off. For the past week I have been chasing that game and I don’t think I will ever catch it again

#6044 5 years ago
Quoted from Rasavage:

The other annoyance I had was the portion of the EL paper that glows is JUST big enough to light up all of the grates. An inconvenience that is compounded by what must be guide hole in the EL paper at one end that doesn't line up properly with a screw/bolt hole in the armor.
[quoted image]

I was very annoyed by this as well. I must have had to reposition them 10+ times to get then 100% exactly in the correct spot so as to light up everything. Fortunately for me I had no other issues and don't notice any sound from the paper or inverter.

#6045 5 years ago

I’m having a problem with node 11 not registering. Any ideas on how to fix?

#6046 5 years ago

Try reconnecting it? It is located at the very front (far end) of the playfield.

#6047 5 years ago

Does anyone have a powder coated SW? I’ve seen a pro in white and a premium in grey somewhere. But I can’t find those pics anymore.

#6048 5 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Does anyone have a powder coated SW? I’ve seen a pro in white and a premium in grey somewhere. But I can’t find those pics anymore.

Here's a white premium in the marketplace.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/71723

#6049 5 years ago

Thanks!
It’s hard to find a color that will look good on the premium. The artwork is so different on the sides.

#6050 5 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

I think the white is really nice on the pro

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 21.50
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Carl Junction, MO
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,046 posts in this topic. You are on page 121 of 301.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/121?hl=speederice and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.