20230222_084649 (resized).jpg
20230222_085316 (resized).jpg
20230222_084653 (resized).jpg
20230222_084538 (resized).jpg
20230222_084535 (resized).jpg
20230222_084134 (resized).jpg
20230222_084126 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 14,971 posts in this topic. You are on page 120 of 300.
#5951 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I looked around at ways to paint it to "weather" it similar to the look on the stock toys, and its actually really easy.

How did you achieve it in the end? What did you do exactly? Looks really like stock, so would be very interested in the technique.

#5952 5 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

How did you achieve it in the end? What did you do exactly? Looks really like stock, so would be very interested in the technique.

Same here, and to know how bracket to attach it was made

#5953 5 years ago

I used he same technique as when I did the bones on my scared stiff ramp years ago. First ,I unscrewed the tiny brass hanging thingie from the top of the ship used to hang it on a Christmas tree, and snipped off the wires coming out of the bottom. mixed black and a little red water based paint then diluted it with a tiny bit of water. Used a brush to paint the whole thing. Now it looks horrible, like ya screwed up ... Let it dry for a few minutes, then take a damp paper towel and start rubbing it off. Front to back, so it looks like it kinda streaked that way from flying. You can take as much off as you want, and if you take too much off you can always add more and repeat.
I left quite a bit on, so it almost matches the ship that came stock up front. (Although I wish that one looked more realistic).
For a bracket, I just cut a piece of scrap metal about 3" long and a half inch wide and drilled a hole in each end so I could screw it into the back of the ship with a 90 degree bend and screw the long end onto the stock spot that holds the clear plastic on the game in the back right corner. Had to use a longer screw to go thru the bracket and the plastic on the game. Thanks guys, I was thinking everyone was going to tell me how I bastardized the game because something wasn't to scale or something

#5954 5 years ago
20181014_111029 (resized).jpg20181014_111029 (resized).jpg
#5955 5 years ago

I sent an email over to [email protected] regarding the following 3 oddities/bugs not long ago. I think most players will be interested in the first one. I suspect that there are probably a few players that already know about it and an even greater number that have achieved the early Extra-Ball exploit(?) without realizing it. I've written a more detailed explanation about it below the email.

------------------------------------------------

1) One of the requirements to lighting up an Extra Ball is to complete 5 missions but I somehow usually achieved it before completing 5 missions which confused me, so I looked into it. I've since noticed that while in the fourth mission of any planet's mini-wizard mode you can activate the Add-A-Ball feature during the grace period (when the mission has just ended having failed it and you're in open play) doing so allows you to re-enter the mission from where you left off, and when done, this makes the mission count as completed again; 2 for 1. This can be used to increase the amount of missions you have completed for your End of Ball Bonus points and getting the Extra Ball lit sooner than possible.

For the record, this quirk with the Add-A-Ball and grace period resulting in some missions counting as completed twice is fine by me, so I'd hate to see the grace period reduced or changed as some of the best moments in the game come from taking advantage of the grace period. I just wanted to bring this to your attention as there might eventually be an elegant solution available (if a solution is needed at all) without negatively altering the Add-A-Ball and grace period.

2) If you have successfully made the Left Loop Death Star shot twice in open play (1 shot away from lighting the Death Star Missions) and the Video Mode is activated by shooting all the force targets 3 times, the Fork Ramp lifts on the Premium/LE. Now if you make the Left Loop Death Star shot with the ramp up for the third time the game registers that the DS is now lit, the ball travels around to the diverter, then down the right rail and drains while the flippers are dead, then relaunches into open play.

3) Playing as Leia when I stack Endor 1 with another mission (say Tatooine 1) and I press both flippers to skip the animation of the speeder video at a certain point, the video pauses but you can still hear sound. The ball enters play but the flippers are dead until the ball drains and relaunches, then everything is back to normal. I've found it sometimes difficult to recreate this glitch consistently; it might be down to the timing of when to exactly skip the Endor 1 animation video that is the key. I have not noticed this occurring with any other animation other than Endor 1.

------------------------------------------------

A more detailed example of how the early extra ball might usually play out:

Let's use the classic R2-D2 opener of selecting the DS while shooting Endor four times. You then stack DS 1 and Endor 3 and complete them both. That's now 2 missions completed. You start the DS mini-wizard mode but unfortunately you fail at it quickly (booo ). But, that's still 3 missions completed. You start Battle above Endor and you have a better go at it, lighting up the Action button orange for your Add-A-Ball. Now, before successfully completing the mission, you drain until you have one ball left, and this ends your multiball, the mode finishes and you are back in open play and the game registers Battle above Endor as a mission completed, making it 4 in total. Crucially, the Add-A-Ball feature is still available to you during this grace period for a second or so. You now quickly hold down the Action button and the Add-A-Ball is activated. This puts you back into the Battle above Endor mission right where you left off. Whether you now successfully complete the mission or not, at the end of it, you will have registered the Extra Ball for completing 5 missions, even though you have only completed 4. This 2 for 1 only works while attempting to complete any of the four planet mini-wizard modes, this doesn't work while in Victory Multiball as it is not a mission.

It's a decent strategy to employ especially if you are on your last ball, that way you can get the Extra Ball early without having to tackle another mission and risk draining in the process.

#5956 5 years ago

I have seen a few of these bugs as well, particularly the ball going down the diverter, dead flippers, then put back into play. This was supposed to have been addressed in a prior update.

#5957 5 years ago

Greetings! I'm very glad to say that I finally picked up Star Wars yesterday and have been enjoying it more than any pin in recent memory.

I'm looking for these lane protectors that my buddy has on his Ghostbusters. I like how they protect the side along with the bottom.

Thanks!

SANY0182 (resized).JPGSANY0182 (resized).JPG
#5958 5 years ago
Quoted from KYLEDM5:

Greetings! I'm very glad to say that I finally picked up Star Wars yesterday and have been enjoying it more than any pin in recent memory.
I'm looking for these lane protectors that my buddy has on his Ghostbusters. I like how they protect the side along with the bottom.
Thanks!

Email cliffy and he will hook you up

#5959 5 years ago
Quoted from KYLEDM5:

Thanks!
[quoted image]

I got them from cliff. http://www.passionforpinball.com/contact.htm

#5960 5 years ago

My Star Wars topper is on my Fun Park

6FA7891F-B0CB-461B-A0CF-50BD6B7270E9 (resized).jpeg6FA7891F-B0CB-461B-A0CF-50BD6B7270E9 (resized).jpeg
#5961 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

I used he same technique as when I did the bones on my scared stiff ramp years ago. First ,I unscrewed the tiny brass hanging thingie from the top of the ship used to hang it on a Christmas tree, and snipped off the wires coming out of the bottom. mixed black and a little red water based paint then diluted it with a tiny bit of water. Used a brush to paint the whole thing. Now it looks horrible, like ya screwed up ... Let it dry for a few minutes, then take a damp paper towel and start rubbing it off. Front to back, so it looks like it kinda streaked that way from flying. You can take as much off as you want, and if you take too much off you can always add more and repeat.
I left quite a bit on, so it almost matches the ship that came stock up front. (Although I wish that one looked more realistic).
For a bracket, I just cut a piece of scrap metal about 3" long and a half inch wide and drilled a hole in each end so I could screw it into the back of the ship with a 90 degree bend and screw the long end onto the stock spot that holds the clear plastic on the game in the back right corner. Had to use a longer screw to go thru the bracket and the plastic on the game. Thanks guys, I was thinking everyone was going to tell me how I bastardized the game because something wasn't to scale or something

Thanks for the information on how ya did it! I think it looks so well, as if it came from the factory, as it doesn't come across as gaudy and appears like its chasing the tie fighter in front of it.

#5962 5 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

I have seen a few of these bugs as well, particularly the ball going down the diverter, dead flippers, then put back into play.

This is how the issue was addressed...previously it would feed to the dead flippers, drain, and end your ball.

#5963 5 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

This is how the issue was addressed...previously it would feed to the dead flippers, drain, and end your ball.

Haha. I believe that.

#5964 5 years ago

Just had an odd occurrence. My mini screen went white in the middle of the game, and stayed that way for the duration. The game played on without incident, and upon power-cycling the machine it came back up. Any ideas what caused that?

#5965 5 years ago
Quoted from pudealee:

Just had an odd occurrence. My mini screen went white in the middle of the game, and stayed that way for the duration. The game played on without incident, and upon power-cycling the machine it came back up. Any ideas what caused that?

Possibly a loose cat5 connection on back of the mini LCD. Mine went completely blank and that was the culprit. Try reseating it.

#5966 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Try reseating it.

Thanks. I'll give it a whirl!

#5967 5 years ago

Perhaps the topper will be unveiled at Expo? lol

#5968 5 years ago

This pin still kicks my butt. I can't consistently get the shots down. And I have had this for 8 months. Maybe I need to practice more.

#5969 5 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

This pin still kicks my butt. I can't consistently get the shots down. And I have had this for 8 months. Maybe I need to practice more.

Yeah play tons of games on it. That was the secret for me. Hey nice collection I have 3 of your 4 games!!

#5970 5 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Sometimes in the time it takes to play a game of Maiden, I can play about 5 games of SW!

I think people who say the game is easy have it set up all floaty and low pitch.

Mine is 7 degrees and it's a brute!

#5971 5 years ago

Here's your topper... rotates and sounds

toppers (resized).jpgtoppers (resized).jpg
#5972 5 years ago

^^ Real? Was this taken at expo?

If so, on behalf of SW owners everywhere, FINALLY!!!!!!!

#5973 5 years ago

is that a base the R2 is sitting in? He looks 1/2 size.

#5974 5 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

is that a base the R2 is sitting in? He looks 1/2 size.

I assume it's like he's in the cockpit.

#5975 5 years ago

Damn that's kind of a let down...I pictured it bigger and flatter to the backbox...oh well.

#5976 5 years ago

The topper looks very cool and detailed but appears to be fairly small. It's definitely not guady though which is nice, has almost an elegant look to it. The base of the thing doesn't look that great and should have been the top section of the X-Wing that R2 sits in.

#5977 5 years ago

When was R2 in the cockpit in the first 3 movies (ep4,5,6)?

Quoted from Sinestro:

I assume it's like he's in the cockpit.

#5978 5 years ago

Empire and Return of the Jedi when Luke is off to see Yoda. He's at least shown behind the cockpit in ROTJ when Luke says "That's right R2, were going to the Degobah system to see the little green guy that beat you with a stick".

#5979 5 years ago

His “cockpit” behind Luke.

#5980 5 years ago

wow I am way behind my Star Wars trivia. Thanks for the correction! Carry on Stern

#5981 5 years ago

Isn't he loaded in a ship in 1,2,3,4,5, & 6?

#5982 5 years ago

I'm in. The $500 is still on my floor after burning a hole in my pocket eight months ago.

20180925_170408 (resized).jpg20180925_170408 (resized).jpg
#5983 5 years ago

I’ve spent the topper money so many times. I’ve commited to a Tommy restore...I think better spent that way. Topper looks decent, but I’ll wait for better video to cast judgement.

#5984 5 years ago

277973137_c15d567dbe_b (resized).jpg277973137_c15d567dbe_b (resized).jpg

img_23371 (resized).jpgimg_23371 (resized).jpg
#5985 5 years ago

Anyone notice that during Rancor nothing changes on the LCD while progressing thru the mode? No cool movie clips or anything. Don’t think there are callouts either. That’s incomplete IMO.

#5986 5 years ago
Quoted from flynnibus:

Here's your topper... rotates and sounds
[quoted image]

Take a video of it in action

#5987 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

Take a video of it in action

There is a video in the topper thread.

#5988 5 years ago

I found Sterns inspiration for the topper. It’s in West DesMoines Iowa. Here for Machine Head and noticed this building as we travel through on I235

502168CD-1912-47B3-B28F-04C964E04161 (resized).jpeg502168CD-1912-47B3-B28F-04C964E04161 (resized).jpegEBCA236B-84C6-4B60-9DF2-A5137ED64E0D (resized).jpegEBCA236B-84C6-4B60-9DF2-A5137ED64E0D (resized).jpeg
#5989 5 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Anyone notice that during Rancor nothing changes on the LCD while progressing thru the mode? No cool movie clips or anything. Don’t think there are callouts either. That’s incomplete IMO.

You're right, nothing much happens on the main LCD screen but there are clips on the mini LCD. While playing I get to see the mini LCD easier than the main LCD so I don't mind it but I think some of the clips shown on it have an incorrect aspect ratio; I'd have to give it another look to be sure. I agree about the call outs, I think a call out on the final 3-Bank shot might be cool... not necessary but it would still be cool hearing the call out as the ball travels down either rail.

#5990 5 years ago

Question: Is the ball supposed to travel around the loop shot and hit the back of the fork ramp or is the up post supposed to come up and prevent the ball from hitting the ramp?

#5991 5 years ago

From memory, the only time that the Up Post stops the ball hitting the back of the Fork Ramp on Premium/LE is during a Hyperspace Multiball situation when you have a ball already going around the Hyperloop. Almost all other times, the ball reaches the back of the Fork Ramp.

#5992 5 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Is the ball supposed to travel around the loop shot and hit the back of the fork ramp

Yes.

The post is to prevent it from bouncing back and coming back out of the loop the way it went in.

#5993 5 years ago

Thanks, I wasn't sure if it was there to protect the ramp or not. It makes sense that it would be used to trap the ball. I just wish the ramp didn't take such a beating.

#5994 5 years ago

Holy $hit! I got all 6 balls in hyperloop! I thought the game was going to fall apart!

#5995 5 years ago

FINALLY! FINALLY! I got to and beat the Emperor. Had to turn on all stacking to get there, but worth it.

20181028_194537 (resized).jpg20181028_194537 (resized).jpg
#5996 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

FINALLY! FINALLY! I got to and beat the Emperor. Had to turn on all stacking to get there, but worth it.
[quoted image]

Crap that’s a score! Haven’t done it myself but the game keeps drawing you in for more.

#5997 5 years ago
Quoted from Yelobird:

Crap that’s a score! Haven’t done it myself but the game keeps drawing you in for more.

Called the kids down to see it. I spent this weekend on a mission to get to the Emperor. Completed Tatooine and Hoth multiballs for the first time along the way. Still haven't destroyed Episode 4 death star...someday.

#6000 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

By Grabthar's hammer...what a savings.

I wouldn't get your hopes up. GAP may be wrong... I think it will be $399 for IMDN and $499 for Star Wars, but I hope I am wrong for sure.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
St. Paul, MN
There are 14,971 posts in this topic. You are on page 120 of 300.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/120 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.