IMG_8600 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6632 (resized).jpeg
sw1 (resized).JPEG
sw2 (resized).JPEG
sw3 (resized).JPEG
sw4 (resized).JPEG

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 118 of 301.
#5851 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Anyone own both the recent Stern SW AND a Data East SW? One is available and wondering if two pins with the same theme is too much?

IMG_20180912_163936304 (resized).jpgIMG_20180912_163936304 (resized).jpgIMG_20180912_163950124 (resized).jpgIMG_20180912_163950124 (resized).jpg
#5852 5 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Well I will see when I am up to the challenge and feeling it. As mentioned before sometimes I need to get my ass handed to me many times before I have the knockout game...

For getting the crazy scores that you get, are you just managing your multipliers closely? I can quite regularly finish all of the objectives and do the emperor in about 20-25 minutes, but my scores max out around 8-9 Billion. I am thinking just putting a little more focus on cranking up my multiplier to 40x and hitting a hyper space hurry up a few times would leave some pretty good rewards. Saw Jack Danger put 2.4 Billion on one shot with his Hyper Space Hurry Up racked up to 40x. Lately, I have been playing the game just for the modes and working through the characters and not chasing score much, but I think I want to spend some more time optimizing my scores.

#5853 5 years ago
Quoted from mcbPalisade:

SW is a fairly hard game IMHO, mostly because the ball goes very fast.
For novices, their game can end in the time it takes for ball save to activate 3 times. Not very rewarding for $1.00
This week I upped the # of balls from 3 to 5 to see what effect that has on revenues. All the other settings are on the easiest or default values.
I can beat it fairly handily but the store owner says some people don't even get a minutes play.

What does “beat it fairly handily mean”? Your playing through the entire game and fulfilling all requirements on the final Wizard mode?

#5854 5 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

What does “beat it fairly handily mean”? Your playing through the entire game and fulfilling all requirements on the final Wizard mode?

Firing the knocker

#5855 5 years ago

Joined the club last night with a NIB premium. First thing I did was update code (came on 1.03) and only played maybe 10 games so far. Is there a super detailed rules doc for this game available anywhere so I can begin to familiarize myself with all the rules before worrying about strategy? It shoots so quick and smooth! Really enjoying it so far.

#5856 5 years ago
Quoted from evanc:

Joined the club last night with a NIB premium. First thing I did was update code (came on 1.03) and only played maybe 10 games so far. Is there a super detailed rules doc for this game available anywhere so I can begin to familiarize myself with all the rules before worrying about strategy? It shoots so quick and smooth! Really enjoying it so far.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/114#post-4567111

http://www.tiltforums.com/t/star-wars-stern-rulesheet/2812

#5858 5 years ago
Quoted from mcbPalisade:

SW is a fairly hard game IMHO, mostly because the ball goes very fast.
For novices, their game can end in the time it takes for ball save to activate 3 times. Not very rewarding for $1.00
This week I upped the # of balls from 3 to 5 to see what effect that has on revenues. All the other settings are on the easiest or default values.
I can beat it fairly handily but the store owner says some people don't even get a minutes play.

As a fellow SW operator, I am interested to see how this affects revenues/play. Keep us posted!

#5859 5 years ago
Quoted from speederice:

As a fellow SW operator, I am interested to see how this affects revenues/play. Keep us posted!

Will do. I got this game not for any emotional reason but rather that is a top-earner on route. I do enjoy playing it when I visit the venue every week or so. Nice to not have it here where I would be tempted to play it continuously.

My SW is on a 30 year payback schedule, same as a mortgage ( - : I put it there to have some pocket change and meet people.

I must say I'm encouraged by what I read here about people enjoying the depth of the game. I play pinball the same way I did in 1964 - MAKE THE KNOCKER SOUND! That is winning to me.

#5860 5 years ago
Quoted from jcoble:

Anyone own both the recent Stern SW AND a Data East SW?

I have them both as well. Our family are SW nerds more so than pinball folk. So no, it's not too much! My only issue is if somebody comes out with a Beatles machine I'll probably have to give one of my SW machines up. Also have a Funhouse.

#5861 5 years ago

My noon hour was productive. Played in tournament mode, so no extra balls. My best score yet. The wife isn’t too happy with me...mainly because her score wasn’t too good.

C9BB5B63-16A9-47D5-A6BD-E869E1F93796 (resized).jpegC9BB5B63-16A9-47D5-A6BD-E869E1F93796 (resized).jpeg
#5862 5 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

My noon hour was productive. Played in tournament mode, so no extra balls. My best score yet. The wife isn’t too happy with me...mainly because her score wasn’t too good.
[quoted image]

Nice! Question about tournament mode. Is it as easy as installing a tournament button? And is installing a tournament button easy? I imagine you can customize the settings for tournament mode?

I need to setup 2 start buttons. One for me (tournament) and one for wife, kids, guests.

#5863 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Nice! Question about tournament mode. Is it as easy as installing a tournament button? And is installing a tournament button easy? I imagine you can customize the settings for tournament mode?
I need to setup 2 start buttons. One for me (tournament) and one for wife, kids, guests.

Tournament buttons are cheap...and easy to install. Just pop the plug out, insert the tournament button, and all the wires are there, ready to be plugged into the button. To start a tournament you use the service menu. I always do a custom tournament and you can change a some variables if you want. If you don’t have a tournament going, that button won’t blink and you can’t start the game with it. My wife and I usually have a tournament going at all times.

#5864 5 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

For getting the crazy scores that you get, are you just managing your multipliers closely? I can quite regularly finish all of the objectives and do the emperor in about 20-25 minutes, but my scores max out around 8-9 Billion. I am thinking just putting a little more focus on cranking up my multiplier to 40x and hitting a hyper space hurry up a few times would leave some pretty good rewards. Saw Jack Danger put 2.4 Billion on one shot with his Hyper Space Hurry Up racked up to 40x. Lately, I have been playing the game just for the modes and working through the characters and not chasing score much, but I think I want to spend some more time optimizing my scores.

It’s funny Josh cause that last game I got my highest score ever and I wasn’t really focusing on the bonus button too much. However in every game I can’t resist. I have it down now so when I need to change the bonus I hit a ramp and unlock... move... relock... and then hit the bonus shot. Sometimes have to use a ramp twice to nail it but it’s pretty intense. During dual mode I always hit every shot with bonus on... same with Boba Fett and of course video mode. Multiball I usually set it for the middle ramp (super jackpot) and leave it there.

#5865 5 years ago

DE SW is heaps more fun to play since code update http://www.pinballcode.com/downloads/
New rules and scoring are cool http://www.pinballcode.com/guides/

DSC_0221 (resized).JPGDSC_0221 (resized).JPG

#5866 5 years ago
Quoted from pinwaz:

DE SW is heaps more fun to play since code update

Totally agree.

#5867 5 years ago
Quoted from pinwaz:

DE SW is heaps more fun to play since code update http://www.pinballcode.com/downloads/
New rules and scoring are cool http://www.pinballcode.com/guides/

wrong thread, guys

#5868 5 years ago

They still need to put a 1 second ball save on the innerloop shooting it from the left side, occasionally it screams right down the middle.

#5869 5 years ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

They still need to put a 1 second ball save on the innerloop shooting it from the left side, occasionally it screams right down the middle.

Adjust your game, it shouldn't ever do that.

#5870 5 years ago

Is there any reason - except when you want to move it - to have the multiplier turned off? I can’t think of one.

#5871 5 years ago

Is there any reason - except when you want to move it - to have the multiplier turned off? I can’t think of one.

I'm not completely sure about this, but my son claims the multiplier expires at a much slower rate when it is turned off. So there may be some strategy keeping it off until the multiplier is higher just to avoid juicing it as often.

BUT, I haven't verified whether or not this is true.

#5872 5 years ago

You turn it off to move it, but thats the only reason.

#5873 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

I'm not completely sure about this, but my son claims the multiplier expires at a much slower rate when it is turned off. So there may be some strategy keeping it off until the multiplier is higher just to avoid juicing it as often.

I would like to know if this is the case

#5874 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

Interesting. If true, it would bring a whole new level of strategy. Let us know.

#5875 5 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Interesting. If true, it would bring a whole new level of strategy. Let us know.

I tried timing it on mine and didn't see any difference just counting in my head

#5876 5 years ago
Quoted from speederice:

Yesterday I returned to 3 balls/game. The venue operator said people were either beating it repeatedly and playing for long periods of time or walking away from the machine on the last 2 balls. The continuing audio bothered him. Revenues were about the same.

#5877 5 years ago

sw topper (resized).pngsw topper (resized).png

#5878 5 years ago

Blah.

#5879 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Adjust your game, it shouldn't ever do that.

Yes it is adjusted, left to right nice and level and about 7degrees. Ball guide sends it to the middle of right flipper, but occasionally it goes stdm because of a ball jumble dependimg on the angle shot in the death star in the loop but apears like it was good flow because of the speed. My back post is 100 percent flush with wood. It needs a ball save option on the left inner loop. Two other swpros ive played did once in a while too. Just my opinion. Im going to route and dont want people feeling ripped.

#5880 5 years ago
Quoted from wisefwumyogwave:

Yes it is adjusted, left to right nice and level and about 7degrees. Ball guide sends it to the middle of right flipper, but occasionally it goes stdm because of a ball jumble dependimg on the angle shot in the death star in the loop but apears like it was good flow because of the speed. My back post is 100 percent flush with wood. It needs a ball save option on the left inner loop. Two other swpros ive played did once in a while too. Just my opinion. Im going to route and dont want people feeling ripped.

Mine's never done that once, despite waxings, etc.

#5881 5 years ago

I was going to create a separate post and if I should let me know however I just received my NIB SW Premium and once I got it up and running I ran into the oddest issue!

At random times as I can not always get it to do it, as your playing (mode or no mode) all of the sudden the game will go into mission selection mode! It goes into the selection mode as the game is playing, meaning that the flippers are being used to select a mission as the ball is flying around the play field.

I hope this makes sense, as in summary at random times the game will go into a mission selection mode, however I did nothing to initiate it, it just goes into the mode mid game play and the flippers die and are used to select a mission while the ball is in play. When it drains it re-launches and it does it again, it then drains ball and relaunches a 2nd time and then it stops and allows me to play through.

The code is 1.03 and tomorrow I am going to 1.05. When I reboot it, this sometimes works but if I play long enough it happens.
any thoughts.

On a side not I love this F'ing game!!!!!!

#5882 5 years ago
Quoted from brooklynknight:

I was going to create a separate post and if I should let me know however I just received my NIB SW Premium and once I got it up and running I ran into the oddest issue!
At random times as I can not always get it to do it, as your playing (mode or no mode) all of the sudden the game will go into mission selection mode! It goes into the selection mode as the game is playing, meaning that the flippers are being used to select a mission as the ball is flying around the play field.
I hope this makes sense, as in summary at random times the game will go into a mission selection mode, however I did nothing to initiate it, it just goes into the mode mid game play and the flippers die and are used to select a mission while the ball is in play. When it drains it re-launches and it does it again, it then drains ball and relaunches a 2nd time and then it stops and allows me to play through.
The code is 1.03 and tomorrow I am going to 1.05. When I reboot it, this sometimes works but if I play long enough it happens.
any thoughts.

Oh and I also noticed and I could be wrong however the hyper drive mechanic when the ball goes around and around seemed a tad slow. There was a time it did not even make it around. Is there something in settings that adjust the magnets?

#5883 5 years ago

any thoughts.

Contact Chas. This is not normal. Upgrading the code may resolve the issue, but if not...I suspect Chas can send you the fix.

#5884 5 years ago

For the first issue, game thinks the ball has drained maybe. Check the trough connectors, might be loose. For the second I’d check for loose connectors around the magnets at the back

#5885 5 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Contact Chas. This is not normal. Upgrading the code may resolve the issue, but if not...I suspect Chas can send you the fix.

Can you let me know who Chas is as its been awhile since I have been back in the pinball scene and do not remember who Chas is?

#5886 5 years ago

Can you let me know who Chas is as its been awhile since I have been back in the pinball scene and do not remember who Chas is?

[email protected]

That’s his email. Remember, honey attracts more flies than vinegar. He is a super nice guy and will help you out. One of the main customer service/tech guys at Stern.

#5887 5 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

[email protected]
That’s his email. Remember, honey attracts more flies than vinegar. He is a super nice guy and will help you out.

I really appreciate your quick response and I will reach out to him tomorrow!

#5888 5 years ago

If it's going into mission select, I am thinking the switch associated with whatever planet is lit/starting is over sensitive and is being triggered during play. Is it always the same planet that is starting? Say if it's always Endor, then my guess is the switch on the left ramp needs to be adjusted. If Hoth, then the right inner loop, etc. I would start there.

Can't help you on the hyperloop though. If you are sure it is slow, a pure guess would be one of the magnets that drive the ball are weak or disconnected. Check all the connections first. Sorry I only have a pro so I am not really familiar with how that feature works. But it never hurts to go under the playfield and make sure everything is nice and snug...especially after shipping/moving a game.

Good luck, and congrats on picking up a fantastic game!

#5889 5 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

If it's going into mission select, I am thinking the switch associated with whatever planet is lit/starting is over sensitive and is being triggered during play. Is it always the same planet that is starting? Say if it's always Endor, then my guess is the switch on the left ramp needs to be adjusted. If Hoth, then the right inner loop, etc. I would start there.
Can't help you on the hyperloop though. If you are sure it is slow, a pure guess would be one of the magnets that drive the ball are weak or disconnected. Check all the connections first. Sorry I only have a pro so I am not really familiar with how that feature works. But it never hurts to go under the playfield and make sure everything is nice and snug...especially after shipping/moving a game.
Good luck, and congrats on picking up a fantastic game!

Solid suggestions, that I will take a look at when I get home from work tonight!!
I really do love the game though and cant wait to get more games in.

If I remember correctly I do believe it to be the same missions so you could be on to something
I will keep you posted.

#5890 5 years ago

Having put over 100 games on my pro, I am a bit surprised that some people find this game easy?

Maybe if you have great shot accuracy, but missed shots are punished badly.

Maiden is a breeze by comparison!

#5891 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Having put over 100 games on my pro, I am a bit surprised that some people find this game easy?
Maybe if you have great shot accuracy, but missed shots are punished badly.
Maiden is a breeze by comparison!

Maiden is the easiest Stern of the last few years...

#5892 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Yes and no.

Way easier to have long ball times but number of the beast is hard to get to.

Run to the hills - mega hard!

#5893 5 years ago

at random times the game will go into a mission selection mode, however I did nothing to initiate it

Sounds like a switch error engaging one of the qualified mission.

#5894 5 years ago

I hope this makes sense, as in summary at random times the game will go into a mission selection mode, however I did nothing to initiate it, it just goes into the mode mid game play and the flippers die and are used to select a mission while the ball is in play

I don't see how it would get to "mission selection" mode randomly while in the middle of playing, with the flippers dying. Makes more sense that "flippers die" because game thinks ball drained (common Stern ball trough hijinks), and "mission selection" being referred to is actually the skill shot/reward selection when starting a new ball. If it really is hitting the mission selection screen then something really fubar, shot switches would have to be registering incorrectly at same time trough is screwy.

#5895 5 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

I don't see how it would get to "mission selection" mode randomly while in the middle of playing,

It wont if everything is working, when things aren't working you have to think like a technician, not a player.

Mission selection screen ALWAYS kills the flippers when you are browsing through available missions, if this is being inadvertently triggered by any of the mission start switches, this is exactly what would happen. Usually the ball is held at all of these mission locations, in the OP's case it is not, so it's either its being mis-triggered, or triggered and not held.

#5896 5 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

Mission selection screen ALWAYS kills the flippers when you are browsing through available missions, if this is being inadvertently triggered by any of the mission start switchs, this is exactly what would happen.

Good point. Don't know why it would be happening in "mode or no mode" though, unless the switch is going so nuts it completes a mode and then triggers enough to start another mode. If it is that flaky should be easy enough to spot in switch test. Hopefully brooklyknight let's us know how it turns out, it is going to bug me lol

#5897 5 years ago
Quoted from paul_8788:

Don't know why it would be happening in "mode or no mode" though

A broken switch can be triggered by vibrations...and yes, you can see it in test switch...you may have to knock on the playfield to make it happen.

#5898 5 years ago

It doesn't have to be a sensitive switch, it could be a switch matrix problem and when something is scored one of the missions shots is scored and eventually will start. My MET came NIB with a switch wired backwards and did something similar which made the game think the outlane had been triggered. I had to have a drop target down to get it to happen IIRC but the problem was at the scoop which is where it was triggered. Try to figure out the shot that makes the mission shot get scored and then tell Stern. Great game, good luck.

#5899 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Its a fun ride but a long one, and didn’t last for that reason.

SW paths and objectives build more shot tension which has kept gameplay interesting to me.

#5900 5 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Its a fun ride but a long one, and didn’t last for that reason.
SW paths and objectives build more shot tension which has kept gameplay interesting to me.

ditto. I had AFMr and IMDN pro next to my SW and all I wanted to play is SW....and still do

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Portland, OR
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

There are 15,044 posts in this topic. You are on page 118 of 301.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/118 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.