SW (resized).jpg
D95E5AAA-2D23-442B-9383-E56DE717065A (resized).jpeg
598A7459-124B-4DF8-A080-C30A9ECEE16A (resized).jpeg
red5 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220515_232703 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220515_232726 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220515_232622_01 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,378 posts in this topic. You are on page 117 of 248.
#5801 3 years ago

The batman 66 was pretty badass. So hopefully it will be in the realm !

#5802 3 years ago

Selling a nice Pro for $4700. See my ad in the Marketplace for details.

#5803 3 years ago

A topper won’t change any opinions on this pin.
SW is a top pin, so I never cared anyway.

#5804 3 years ago

Does someone still have historic game code 0.92 , 0.91 and prior to 0.89? If so please make it accessible to me somhow

#5805 3 years ago

Any good apron cards going around for Stern SW?

#5806 3 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Any good apron cards going around for Stern SW?

I've been looking for some as well. No luck so far.

#5807 3 years ago

Any magnets in this game?

#5808 3 years ago

Search for "cards" within this thread. There are some great ones

#5809 3 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Any magnets in this game?

4 in-line magnets for the premium/LE hyperloop

#5810 3 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Search for "cards" within this thread. There are some great ones

Thanks for the tip! Found a couple and printed them out just now. Thanks Forensicd! Those are great.

#5811 3 years ago

Deleted

#5812 3 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Does someone still have historic game code 0.92 , 0.91 and prior to 0.89? If so please make it accessible to me somhow

I’m pretty sure I have backups somewhere. Drop me a PM and I’ll hook you up.

#5813 3 years ago
Quoted from Brijam:

I’m pretty sure I have backups somewhere. Drop me a PM and I’ll hook you up.

Sorry for my unspecific request. I forgot to mention I am looking for Premium/LE game code.

#5814 3 years ago

Just purchased a NIB premium and wanted to know how important it is to upgrade the sound. My last NIB stern was transformers and i definitely replaced the sound day on. Has the stock speakers gotten better?

I already purchased a motor shaker as i feel that's a day one item!

Can't wait till it arrives

#5815 3 years ago
Quoted from brooklynknight:

Just purchased a NIB premium and wanted to know how important it is to upgrade the sound. My last NIB stern was transformers and i definitely replaced the sound day on. Has the stock speakers gotten better?
I already purchased a motor shaker as i feel that's a day one item!
Can't wait till it arrives

I didn't change the speakers and it sounds ok to me. I did add a external subwoofer which really adds to the game though. I think upgrading the speakers always adds to the game, but it wouldn't be my first upgrade for this game.

#5816 3 years ago

The stock speakers are crap. I went with Kickers and I noticed a big improvement. Don't forget to set the proper ohm selection in the service menu for the speakers you get.

#5817 3 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Sorry for my unspecific request. I forgot to mention I am looking for Premium/LE game code.

But why would one want to go backwards instead of forward?

#5818 3 years ago

What the view on Pinball pro speakers vs High fidelity?

#5819 3 years ago

What the view on Pinball pro speakers vs High fidelity?

My view is for $50 I have a great sound system. Kicker 4" for back box ($35) and Pyle 8" sub ($15). PPro and FF are great for the older systems that need adapters, crossovers and an L -pad. But with Spike 2, they have a built in electronic crossover for the sub, and separate bass/treble gain controls for the head speakers and cab speaker. All you need is the speakers and then fine tune the audio in the service menu. I picked Kicker because they are flush mount, as the speaker has to sit flush against the grille.

#5820 3 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

My view is for $50 I have a great sound system. Kicker 4" for back box ($35) and Pyle 8" sub ($15). PPro and FF are great for the older systems that need adapters, crossovers and an L -pad. But with Spike 2, they have a built in electronic crossover for the sub, and separate bass/treble gain controls for the head speakers and cab speaker. All you need is the speakers and then fine tune the audio in the service menu. I picked Kicker because they are flush mount, as the speaker has to sit flush against the grille.

I went with your advice on this. How did you set your audio? What gain settings and whatnot?

#5821 3 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

So you used these?:
Kicker 41DSC44: amazon.com link »
And then Pyle PLPW8D: amazon.com link »

If not a pain, would you be willing to share your service menu settings? I'm definitely tempted to give this a go, I like the current sounds but this seems like an affordable upgrade so why not.

#5822 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

But why would one want to go backwards instead of forward?

Maybe he wants a version without video mode and lightsaber duel? I wouldn't recommend running older code though, especially with newer node board firmware on the game. I'm not sure anyone knows what the ramifications are, if any?

Rob

#5823 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

So you used these?:
Kicker 41DSC44: amazon.com link »
And then Pyle PLPW8D: amazon.com link »
If not a pain, would you be willing to share your service menu settings? I'm definitely tempted to give this a go, I like the current sounds but this seems like an affordable upgrade so why not.

Yes exactly. I'll see if I can find my settings but I know there's an audio selection and from there you can select 4 or 8 ohm, bass and treble + or - for back and cab. You don't have to change to 4 ohm, but keep the volume below 50% or it will start clipping. 4ohm selection ensures you won't overdrive the amp at max volume.

#5824 3 years ago

Has the stock speakers gotten better?

I got a good deal on the 10 inch flipper fidelity set and installed it without expectations. It really surprised me to hear a lot more detail in the lower pitch which really improves the overall experience with the game. So many sound assestts that benefit from it.

#5825 3 years ago

I have flipper fidelity and an external sub and mmmmmm..... It sounds good

#5826 3 years ago

Anyone own both the recent Stern SW AND a Data East SW? One is available and wondering if two pins with the same theme is too much?

#5827 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

Anyone own both the recent Stern SW AND a Data East SW? One is available and wondering if two pins with the same theme is too much?

Pretty much the polar opposite code wise... I'd never want a DE though.

#5828 3 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Pretty much the polar opposite code wise... I'd never want a DE though.

I agree, I own stern sw pro now and have owned de sw in the past and stern sw blows it away.

#5829 3 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I have both. With new code and pinsound, de is fun. Sound is actually better on de. But no doubt stern is a better game. I don’t think you can have too much sw

#5830 3 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Yes exactly. I'll see if I can find my settings but I know there's an audio selection and from there you can select 4 or 8 ohm, bass and treble + or - for back and cab. You don't have to change to 4 ohm, but keep the volume below 50% or it will start clipping. 4ohm selection ensures you won't overdrive the amp at max volume.

Thanks for posting the links to the speakers you selected, I just ordered the same ones for my LE. If you could please post your games speaker settings that would be much appreciated

#5831 3 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

I did change the back box to 4 ohm and wired the cabinet speaker as per the instructions to 8 ohms. My understanding is that running a 4 ohm speaker with an 8 ohm amp can lead to problems. What are your treble and bass settings?

#5832 3 years ago

I have some older school Pinball Pro speakers, with the 12" cabinet sub. It shook the shit out of my Avengers. Can I install these in SW? Or does the Spike system require a special set up?

If these worked on Avengers and ACDC, would they work on Spike games?

#5833 3 years ago

This game is so Epic! Not sure if anyone remembers but I was a harsh critic of SW when it came out. After being in on an LE I gave up my spot. I still haven’t played an LE or even a premium but considering how I can’t stop coming back to try and get further I have come full circle. I get my ass handed to me game after game and then I zone in and have a run like this!! Almost completed 2 characters (R2D2 and Leah)... lost to the Emperor and still kicked it out of the park... 1.7B on bonus with hold bonus and followed up with 2.70 bonus definitely helped... but this was my result. Didn’t even realize I had such a score until the end as my goal was really to try and complete 2 characters only...

86AEF3E4-69C2-42EF-92E6-BD610DC52E63 (resized).jpegB8D09A99-BA8C-47BE-8371-5FBC29438EC5 (resized).jpeg

#5834 3 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

This game is so Epic! Not sure if anyone remembers but I was a harsh critic of SW when it came out. After being in on an LE I gave up my spot. I still haven’t played an LE or even a premium but considering how I can’t stop coming back to try and get further I have come full circle. I get my ass handed to me game after game and then I zone in and have a run like this!! Almost completed 2 characters (R2D2 and Leah)... lost to the Emperor and still kicked it out of the park... 1.7B on bonus with hold bonus and followed up with 2.70 bonus definitely helped... but this was my result. Didn’t even realize I had such a score until the end as my goal was really to try and complete 2 characters only...
[quoted image][quoted image]

I played early code when this first came out and wasnt too impressed but still keep kicking around the idea of picking one up...
How long was your game to complete two characters? I had a ST pro for 4 yrs and i finally moved it along cuz it got to be a chore to play, every game seemed the same. Do you see yourself chopping at SW the same way everytime?

#5835 3 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

Do you see yourself chopping at SW the same way everytime?

It definitely doesn't have the same game feel to me due to the different characters and mode sets, plus how other stuff like boba fett or hyperspace can happen by accident

#5836 3 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

I played early code when this first came out and wasnt too impressed but still keep kicking around the idea of picking one up...
How long was your game to complete two characters? I had a ST pro for 4 yrs and i finally moved it along cuz it got to be a chore to play, every game seemed the same. Do you see yourself chopping at SW the same way everytime?

On factory settings; yes in a way, it can be once you learn the modes, shots, multiballs, and safe zones. That said, It's nothing like ST - there's so much diverse progression that it doesn't feel like a chore but it can have long gametimes. However, I have mine setup brutal and I recommend anyone who starts having long ball times to do the same. The big changes I did was set hyperspace to hard (so you don't get that multiball as often), reduce victory multiball ball saver to 5 secs so you're not playing endless multiball for 5+ minutes, reduce tie fighter multiball ball saver to 10 secs. Additionally, if you want to go even more brutal, turn extra balls off. Then, go for stacking on if you want fast progression or stacking off to be more story based and even harder. You can still progress to mini wizard modes with this setup and emporror is still in reach, yet you won't even come close to 2 character games or 20+ minute games at that.

#5837 3 years ago

Cab bass frequency: 250Hz
Cab bass gain: +11.8125dB (max)
Cab treble: 4K
Cab treble gain: -6.1875dB (doesn't really do much that I can tell)
Back box bass gain: 0
Back box treble: 8k (sounds the same as 4k to me)
Back box treble gain: 0

I also left these at 8ohm, volume 32. Same as 4ohm, volume 64.

#5838 3 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Thank you! I'll apply those settings once I get the new speakers in.

#5839 3 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Yes, thanks. I will try that.

#5840 3 years ago
Quoted from Spitfiren8:

Mine is factory settings.. game was about 20 - 25 minutes or so. Picking the right modes together helps get through faster. Also having 2 modes going during multiball makes it quicker to emperor.

#5841 3 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Mine is factory settings.. game was about 20 - 25 minutes or so. Picking the right modes together helps get through faster. Also having 2 modes going during multiball makes it quicker to emperor.

Awesome game Pinchamp, pics are great but any chance of a video

#5842 3 years ago

I joined the Pro club this week. Layout is fast and fun. Good flow. Could use a better I interactive toy, but whaddaya gonna do?

Took me a few days to have my first “breakthrough” with the rules and applying some strategy. Still a long way to go.

Good rules are hands down the most important thing for a game IMO. I’m hoping Star Wars delivers.

Do people use the playfield lcd screen for anything?

#5843 3 years ago
Quoted from TheFamilyArcade:

Do people use the playfield lcd screen for anything?

I was thinking about this the other day, and i dont think i look at it at all during a game. What is the use besides on the plunge skill shot?

#5844 3 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

I was thinking about this the other day, and i dont think i look at it at all during a game. What is the use besides on the plunge skill shot?

Number of tie-fighters you have, and have to get to for TF multi-ball. Number of parsecs you’ve traveled during hyperspace multiball. Extra clips during certain modes. Learning to utilize it helps if you’re not playing. Watch someone else play and concentrate on what the small lcd is displaying during certain times in their game. You’ll then be able to use that information during your games, as you’ll learn when to look at it.

#5845 3 years ago
Quoted from pinwaz:

Awesome game Pinchamp, pics are great but any chance of a video

Well I did take the video (see a few posts back) of me besting the emperor in 1.5 minutes... not sure if you saw it? Would someone seriously want to see a video of me finishing a complete game to over 10B? I mean I probably could get my daughter to hold the camera for me... she held it for the emperor video. Just can’t imagine someone actually wanting to watch that... although I must admit when I get things going it is pretty exciting!

#5846 3 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Well I did take the video (see a few posts back) of me besting the emperor in 1.5 minutes... not sure if you saw it? Would someone seriously want to see a video of me finishing a complete game to over 10B? I mean I probably could get my daughter to hold the camera for me... she held it for the emperor video. Just can’t imagine someone actually wanting to watch that... although I must admit when I get things going it is pretty exciting!

Go for it. It would be cool.

#5847 3 years ago
2iarpo (resized).jpg
#5848 3 years ago

2018-09-18 15_24_32-whatcha talking about willis meme - Bing images - Internet Explorer (resized).png

#5849 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinballpal:

Go for it. It would be cool.

Well I will see when I am up to the challenge and feeling it. As mentioned before sometimes I need to get my ass handed to me many times before I have the knockout game...

#5850 3 years ago

SW is a fairly hard game IMHO, mostly because the ball goes very fast.

For novices, their game can end in the time it takes for ball save to activate 3 times. Not very rewarding for $1.00

This week I upped the # of balls from 3 to 5 to see what effect that has on revenues. All the other settings are on the easiest or default values.

I can beat it fairly handily but the store owner says some people don't even get a minutes play.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.95
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
$ 93.00
Lighting - Interactive
ArcadeMade
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
6,250 (OBO)
Sale Pending! Machine - For Sale
Albany, CA
There are 12,378 posts in this topic. You are on page 117 of 248.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!