20220519_233628~2 (resized).jpg
20220519_224630~2 (resized).jpg
SW (resized).jpg
D95E5AAA-2D23-442B-9383-E56DE717065A (resized).jpeg
598A7459-124B-4DF8-A080-C30A9ECEE16A (resized).jpeg
red5 (resized).jpg
IMG_20220515_232703 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

4 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 12,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 116 of 248.
#5751 3 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Update and winner!
I was pretty shocked to find that the flipper has no play at all - it really is tight against the playfield. Will adjust immediately.
Left as it is and playfield would look like an old em with flipper marks in the playfield.
Going to check all my other Stern's as never would have thought this would occur on a new game.
Haven't had the game long and the flippers never felt right but I couldn't figure out why......
Thanks

Stern needs to invest in some gap tools... The price is right.

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/03-8194

#5752 3 years ago

I Blew up the Death Star! So excitements!

Victory multi ball is cool as [email protected]#$!!

Easily the most satisfying shot in pinball too!

#5753 3 years ago

I've had this game now for a few months and there are many things that I love about it. The hyper space multi ball is one of the coolest features I've played in pinball. The theme is a grail theme for me and the pin is fast and fun. However, I don't think I'm going to be able to keep this pin in my collection. It is just too difficult to play. The hyper space shot is so tight that I hit it maybe 1 out of 10 times. It's an essential shot in many of the modes and is so aggravatingly difficult to hit that it just makes me want to pitch this thing into the river.

To prove a point, I haven't even come close to the emperor on this game and have been getting frustrated with my progress so i decided to set the game on 10 balls. 10! This is actually more like 13 balls with the extra balls earned. I played 5 games this afternoon and couldn't even complete the 4 mode multi balls let alone all the other varying objectives required to get to the emperor. This is INSANE! This game is way too difficult and just frustrates me completely.

I'm most likely going to get rid of it, if I can't even cheat and get close to the wizard mode then this is a completely unplayable game. I mean, if i'd have come close it may have buoyed my hopes but with 10 balls and 5 games, I am not even scratching the surface of this thing.

#5754 3 years ago
Quoted from airplanequartet:

I've had this game now for a few months and there are many things that I love about it. The hyper space multi ball is one of the coolest features I've played in pinball. The theme is a grail theme for me and the pin is fast and fun. However, I don't think I'm going to be able to keep this pin in my collection. It is just too difficult to play. The hyper space shot is so tight that I hit it maybe 1 out of 10 times. It's an essential shot in many of the modes and is so aggravatingly difficult to hit that it just makes me want to pitch this thing into the river.
To prove a point, I haven't even come close to the emperor on this game and have been getting frustrated with my progress so i decided to set the game on 10 balls. 10! This is actually more like 13 balls with the extra balls earned. I played 5 games this afternoon and couldn't even complete the 4 mode multi balls let alone all the other varying objectives required to get to the emperor. This is INSANE! This game is way too difficult and just frustrates me completely.
I'm most likely going to get rid of it, if I can't even cheat and get close to the wizard mode then this is a completely unplayable game. I mean, if i'd have come close it may have buoyed my hopes but with 10 balls and 5 games, I am not even scratching the surface of this thing.

What’s the fun in being able to beat a game right away?
Learn to play better, close the outlanes if needed.
I don’t think I’ve beaten any of my games yet but have a lot of fun playing all of them.

#5755 3 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

What’s the fun in being able to beat a game right away?

This game kicks my ass but it has made me play so much better on other games. I will agree it is frustrating but not to the point that I want to get rid of it. I think it will take me a year before I even think of seeing the emperor. I would give up buying games if I could get to the wizard mode in a few months. Hell I owned Shadow for a year and a half before I got to the wizard mode and longer to beat it.

#5756 3 years ago

I'm in the opposite boat. I disabled extra balls so only 3 per game. Plus, The game is ridiculously heavy on the multiball side that I have hyperspace set to hard and victory ball saver at 5 secs (Down from 20). It's much better now; you may want to try that if making it easier isn't doing it for you

#5757 3 years ago

GLWTS

#5758 3 years ago

If I could make all the shots reliably I don't thing SW would be half as fun for me. Hitting the death star off the right ramp is nice but hitting it on the first try after failing to hit it at all the last five times I started the hurry-up makes it so much more satisfying.

#5759 3 years ago

I initially thought it was really hard, but if anything its made me a much better player.
I love all the shots including the Death Star. Heck sometimes I shoot up the Death Star ramp 8 times on one ball.
Its about finding that sweet spot - when to hit the flipper.

The game is designed brilliantly and the Death Star should be a challenge.

Looking forward to completing all 4 mini wizard modes now.

#5760 3 years ago

Pro or Premium?

I find the shots on the pro to be much easier (all but the outer orbits are back-hand-able). The Death Star shot on the premium/LE with the lift make that shot tight and very tough to backhand. On the pro, it is much more forgiving, easily backhandable.

My friend has the premium and I have the pro. Both have their benefits (the extra features on the premium are awesome). I think the pro suits average players (like me) much better and the premium suits better than average players (like my friend) much better due to its tighter Death Star shot.

#5761 3 years ago

That hyperspace shot is tight, very, but I wouldn't have it any other way. When I hit a 40x for 1.3 billion, I feel like a king, and when I miss it, it feels like oh shit, I just blew that huge pay off...making the next time I do get it, even that much sweeter.

10 balls is absolute insanity. You should have put the outlane posts lower and taken some pitch out of the pin to make it float more. You're missing out, it's a great pin and I've been to the Emperor a few times to prove this. The game is definitely epic at times.

As Steve Ritchie would say, ''Play better''

#5762 3 years ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

I initially thought it was really hard, but if anything its made me a much better player.
I love all the shots including the Death Star. Heck sometimes I shoot up the Death Star ramp 8 times on one ball.
Its about finding that sweet spot - when to hit the flipper.
The game is designed brilliantly and the Death Star should be a challenge.
Looking forward to completing all 4 mini wizard modes now.

Yeah to this, Steve Ritchie's been around the block, he knows how to make a pin rip.

#5763 3 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

all but the outer orbits are back-hand-able

I can even backhand the left orbit on mine. My left flipper can make every single shot in the game, now that I think about it. How many other games can do that?

#5764 3 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I can even backhand the left orbit on mine. My left flipper can make every single shot in the game, now that I think about it. How many other games can do that?

Betcha can't nail the drops with it

#5765 3 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Betcha can't nail the drops with it

I don't really think of them as a shot, but

#5766 3 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

So there!

#5767 3 years ago

Pro...premium...I just hit a hyperspace from outer left orbit to Death Star for 1.9 bil. I don't care who you are, thats exhilarating!

I also did something new tonight that I didn't think was possible; I stacked planet/victory multiball with tie fighter + hyperspace multiball. Pretty fun actually. To pull this off you have to get the hyperspace hurry up active, then hit tie fighter hurry up, then activate hyperspace multiball before starting tie fighter multiball.

That said; here's my constructive criticisms of the game after a few months of ownerships and what ive done to correct it:

+ The game is a little ridiculously heavy on the multiball side. The layout isn't the greatest for this heavy multiball mindset. To top it off, the code needs polish in prioritizing the call outs. I think defeating a planet multiball, the music and call out should be priority#1. Also, there's no score display for making the final shot of either of the 4 mini wizard mode planet mb's; 40x final shot to destroy the Death Star and no score! wtf is up with that?!?

+ The video mode is stale. It is only fun when you have 20x or more multiplier, and even then, it needs another dimension to it. What I think would help it is one of two things. 1. Have the speed of the video mode increase as you pass more asteroids and/or 2. If you hit an asteroid, have your multiplier decrease by 1x; while having little bonus multipliers come by from time to time to increase your multiplier making it worthwhile to play even if you start at 2x.

+ the game was getting a little top heavy on ball times for me. Nearly getting to emperor every other game. I thought about opening the outlanes or putting lightning flippers on, but I found something else that made it more intense, more appealing for us brutal style players that corrects this and my other critiques:

I set up my game for the following:
- Reduced Video mode to 15 seconds
- Disabled extra balls
- Turn stacking off (this is optional - I toggle back and forth with this setting but I ultimately enjoy the game as a whole with stacking off)
- Set hyperspace difficulty to Hard (Default = Easy)
- Lowered ball saver on victory mb to 5 secs (default = 20 secs)
- Lowered ball saver on Tie Fighter mb to 10 secs (default = 15 secs)
- Set multipliers difficulty to medium (Default = Easy); this last change is optional. If I were a tournament director, I'd set this on hard to take away the advantage of players knowing how to use the multiplier rule.

These settings definitely help with that heavy multiball feel. And Don't get me wrong, this game is hard on factory. But once you master all the modes and know the safe shots, you'll begin having long ball time games. These settings puts the umph back into the adrenalin factor this game has to offer. Im just throwing this out there for anyone else who feels like me that the game isn't as exciting as when you first got it. These settings definitely puts you back on your toes and really makes you think about your decision making. Tweak at your leisure for your skill level and enjoy

#5768 3 years ago

You cray cray man!!

#5769 3 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

NICE!

#5770 3 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

How many other games can do that?

Spiderman comes to mind. The left orbit on that game is probably the same, with the 5 bank below it

#5771 3 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Spiderman comes to mind. The left orbit on that game is probably the same, with the 5 bank below it

If agree except its got the side ramp :/

#5772 3 years ago

Like pool and darts, I find I get in the zone after drink #5. It's worth a shot.

#5773 3 years ago

The big question for this week...will the topper finally be unveiled? I read some week of 9/9 rumors a page or two back.

#5774 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

The big question for this week...will the topper finally be unveiled? I read some week of 9/9 rumors a page or two back.

2018-08-30 10_52_47-Meme Generator - Imgflip - Internet Explorer (resized).png

#5775 3 years ago

That's not far off! Thanks. Lol.

#5776 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That's not far off! Thanks. Lol.

Anytime you need an answer on the time line of the SW topper, just say 2 weeks.

#5777 3 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Anytime you need an answer on the time line of the SW topper, just say 2 weeks.

That’s good advice for work deadlines too.

#5779 3 years ago

portland.craigslist.org link
Here we go...

Isn't $7200 the "street price" for a NIB shipped from Stern? No offense intended if this is your pin for sale, but that seems ambitious.

#5780 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Isn't $7200 the "street price" for a NIB shipped from Stern? No offense intended if this is your pin for sale, but that seems ambitious.

I thought shipped is closer to $7500-$7700 for a NIB Stern premium LCD game? Not 100% sure as can't keep track of recent prices.

#5781 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I thought shipped is closer to $7500-$7700 for a NIB Stern premium LCD game? Not 100% sure as can't keep track of recent prices.

I thought street price was $5400 Pro / $7200 Premium fourteen months ago when SW dropped. But maybe I'm off on those. Or do price increases apply to older titles too?

#5782 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I thought street price was $5400 Pro / $7200 Premium fourteen months ago when SW dropped. But maybe I'm off on those. Or do price increases retroactively go to older titles too?

Correct. Retroactively. current street is $5600 pro / $7300 premium

#5783 3 years ago

I don’t expect to get $7200...

#5784 3 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Last date told to distributors was 9/9 on the topper. Only a couple more days to go.
Damn! I should have confirmed 2018.

Great source you have there. Where is said topper to have been announced on a Sunday??? Got the year wrong, should be 2019?

#5785 3 years ago

Great source you have there. Where is said topper to have been announced on a Sunday??? Got the year wrong, should be 2019?

The topper is now in the final final approval phase.

#5786 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

That has been stated on the last 2 Stern of the Union addresses.

#5787 3 years ago

That has been stated on the last 2 Stern of the Union addresses.

What they don't tell you is the "final approval phase" can take up to 2 years.

#5788 3 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

What they don't tell you is the "final approval phase" can take up to 2 years.

My point exactly.

#5789 3 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Finally!

#5790 3 years ago

For as long as we have waited for this topper, it better be freakin' amazing. It better shoot lasers, beep and boop like R2D2 and give HJs using The Force. Will releasing the topper at this point bring any new sales for the game? I'm thinking if it is nothing sort of awesome, then it may warrant a few folks to pull the trigger on the game. For folks like me who have had the game pretty much since day one, I don't really feel that excited for the topper anymore, and it would have been an easier sell when I first got the game and was still in the honeymoon phase. I still love the game, but I feel like I am done putting any more money into it other than regular maintenance. Maybe my tune will change once it is revealed.

#5791 3 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

For as long as we have waited for this topper, it better be freakin' amazing. It better shoot lasers, beep and boop like R2D2 and give HJs using The Force. Will releasing the topper at this point bring any new sales for the game? I'm thinking if it is nothing sort of awesome, then it may warrant a few folks to pull the trigger on the game. For folks like me who have had the game pretty much since day one, I don't really feel that excited for the topper anymore, and it would have been an easier sell when I first got the game and was still in the honeymoon phase. I still love the game, but I feel like I am done putting any more money into it other than regular maintenance. Maybe my tune will change once it is revealed.

It will be a piece of stationary plastic and cost $500, lol.

Seriously though I'm hoping for something really cool. Interactive rotating R2D2 topper that lights up, makes sounds, etc sounds amazing. The code release notes and menu setting seem to allude to features like that.

#5792 3 years ago

My guess (and this is pure speculation) is that they went for an R2D2 in the X-wing type of feel. They probably did such a killer job on it that they had to bite, scratch, claw back and forth with the license holder and probably had to do many many revisions which, in the end, probably is nothing more than a lasserific see thru topper with a fainted barely recognizable image of R2D2 lol.

#5793 3 years ago

On a Sunday? Somehow, I cannot see that being true.

Quoted from TheLaw:

Neither can I. Oh did I mention I heard it from a very unreliable Pinside source?

Quoted from ASOA:

Last date told to distributors was 9/9 on the topper.

Oh snap my source has been outted

#5794 3 years ago

I am willing to bet that even when the topper is approved that Stern will hold off announcing it until they have it in production, just like they do with the machines.

#5795 3 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

It’s hard for me to spend that kind of money on a topper. The only aftermarket topper I have is on TWD, and that was on the game when I bought it.

#5796 3 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

It’s hard for me to spend that kind of money on a topper. The only aftermarket topper I have is on TWD, and that was on the game when I bought it.

The most I've spent on a topper is $40 (Rocky & Bullwinkle). If they're asking more than that, I'm out.

#5797 3 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

The most I've spent on a topper is $40 (Rocky & Bullwinkle). If they're asking more than that, I'm out.

Yeah but this one will have some 2 cent LEDs and say "beep boop!" Fuck man, we don;t make enough monies to enjoy $500 add on garbage.

#5798 3 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah but this one will have some 2 cent LEDs and say "beep boop!" Fuck man, we don;t make enough monies to enjoy $500 add on garbage.

Not just that, it will also serve you drinks!
cYB4s (resized).jpg

#5799 3 years ago

Just take my money!!!!!!!

#5800 3 years ago

R2 will shoot fire out like he did in the prequels against the battle droids. Gonna be great!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 10.95
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Eau Claire, WI
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
$ 93.00
Lighting - Interactive
ArcadeMade
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Davenport, FL
There are 12,387 posts in this topic. You are on page 116 of 248.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, become a Pinside+ member!