IMG_8599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6632 (resized).jpeg
sw1 (resized).JPEG
sw2 (resized).JPEG
sw3 (resized).JPEG
sw4 (resized).JPEG
IMG_1440 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,042 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 301.
#5701 5 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Curious what opinions are on pitch. I had it set steep and it's brutal but feels good. But I wasn't able to backhand the right ramp until I dropped the pitch. But now it seems too floaty. Maybe I'll keep raising the back and see where the limit is.

My game was set to 7.6 degrees when it arrived. Pretty steep but way less side drains so not necessarily harder.

Have it set to 7.0 degrees now and hoping this is about right.

#5702 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Hyper space multiball from collecting 2 hyperspace hurry ups.

Thank you!

I just did it then. WOW

#5703 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Someone please post a video with beating the Emperor. I know it will be a long time before I get to that mode.

Here you go! Anyone who doesn’t want to see the Emperor get his ass kicked in 1:30 don’t watch. This could be the quickest I have ever beat him... he didn’t get a shot in on me. Enjoy!!!

9CEEE7A0-A2FF-44B0-9ACA-9E3B56088885 (resized).jpeg9CEEE7A0-A2FF-44B0-9ACA-9E3B56088885 (resized).jpeg

#5704 5 years ago

Sorry double post

#5705 5 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Here you go! Anyone who doesn’t want to see the Emperor get his ass kicked in 1:30 don’t watch. This could be the quickest I have ever beat him... he didn’t get a shot in on me. Enjoy!!!

[quoted image]

Sweet. Thank you for sharing. Maybe in 5 years, I'll get to see that mode. haha

#5706 5 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

[quoted image]

. I swear I didn't even know that mode existed....

#5707 5 years ago

Never did I until I read how often T-800 was getting to see the Emperor and I needed to see it.

#5708 5 years ago

So tempted to see it but won't! HOW THE HELL DO YOU PLAY THE GAME SO WELL!? haha.

#5709 5 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

[quoted image]

It's weird that the Emperor seems to temporarily disappear after he force attacks you? Bathroom break?

Rob

#5710 5 years ago

Where's the setting to increase the flipper power? Id like to try and back hand the death star. Such a tough shot.

Adjust #44 Coil Pulse?

#5711 5 years ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

Where's the setting to increase the flipper power? Id like to try and back hand the death star. Such a tough shot.
Adjust #44 Coil Pulse?

Try adjusting the hyper loop ramp first. Right at the fork ramp you can move the hyoerloop ramp up just a little and you won’t get rejects.
Presumably the ball hits the bottom of that ramp and that’s what stops a lot of shots from making it in

#5712 5 years ago

RE: DBV being item #46 in the Adjustments menu.

I swear I went through that adjustments menu at least 3 times (not knowing that 46 was the right place). So I was wondering if it disappeared.

No, it didn't disappear - it just isn't labelled! Check out this admittedly bad picture:

Wonder if this changed since the original code 1.03 or ? We set the option then without the manual so it must have had the text. I'm running 1.05

Menu Item 46 Web (resized).jpgMenu Item 46 Web (resized).jpg
#5713 5 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Try adjusting the hyper loop ramp first. Right at the fork ramp you can move the hyoerloop ramp up just a little and you won’t get rejects.

This. Now it won't help your aim under pressure. But I can hit this shot backhanded and I am steeper than recommended ....which leads to other problems but is helping me work on my nudging skills.

#5714 5 years ago

Topper update from the September "State of the Stern" update. Sounds like the final final final approval (pending NASA review) for the most anticipated topper in pinball history has been submitted.

"The Star Wars topper has been sent and submitted for final approval getting us one step closer to our formal announcement once it’s available."

#5715 5 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Presumably the ball hits the bottom of that ramp and that’s what stops a lot of shots from making it in

So I’m confused at how moving the hyper loop UP helps it not hit the bottom of that ramp? Am I missing something in my understanding of this change? My hyperloop ramp is a nightmare shot and it’s killing my joy in this game

#5716 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Topper update from the September "State of the Stern" update. Sounds like the final final final approval (pending NASA review) for the most anticipated topper in pinball history has been submitted.
"The Star Wars topper has been sent and submitted for final approval getting us one step closer to our formal announcement once it’s available."

2018-09-04 21_05_44-Meme Generator - Imgflip - Internet Explorer (resized).png2018-09-04 21_05_44-Meme Generator - Imgflip - Internet Explorer (resized).png

#5717 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

It's weird that the Emperor seems to temporarily disappear after he force attacks you? Bathroom break?
Rob

Nice catch ... I didn’t notice that before. Guess my eyes were focused elsewhere. LOL. He went to update the code I think. Haha.

#5718 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I would assume that they haven't begun production pending this approval, so we are still not going to see this in our hands any time soon. I'm guessing Christmas at this point.

#5719 5 years ago

Sep 9 from what I've heard

#5720 5 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

So I’m confused at how moving the hyper loop UP helps it not hit the bottom of that ramp? Am I missing something in my understanding of this change? My hyperloop ramp is a nightmare shot and it’s killing my joy in this game

When you shoot for the Death Star and Fork Ramp is up on Premium/LE, the ball after reaching the top of the Fork Ramp briefly becomes airborne. While airborne, if the Hyperdrive Rail Loop above the ball is set too low from the factory the ball will most likely hit the underside of the rail and will not make it up to the first magnet a few inches behind the Death Star, which is where the ball has to reach to be a successful shot. It's quite a distance and once you realise this every Premium/LE owner should make sure that their machine is leveled at 6.5. Why make one of the toughest and most important shots in the game harder? Level the game to 6.5 and lift the Hyperdrive Rail height if possible.

Here's my post from a few months back about adjusting the Hyperdrive Rail height in the SW problems and solutions thread:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-le-problems-and-solutions/page/12#post-4463055

As I wrote in there and it's still the case, it has been THE biggest 'quality of life' improvement I've made to the machine.

#5721 5 years ago

Why is that sometimes the targets are lit in a light blue color?
By shooting those - what do you achieve?

Also how do you light Extra ball?

Thanks!

#5722 5 years ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

Thanks!

The 5 stand up targets? Those are the Jedi Training targets. Shoot all 5 within about 30 seconds to advance your Jedi level (Youngling, Padawan, Jedi and Master). They also advance your FORCE targets by one for each completion. If the target is already lit up it's because it's already been hit. If it's flashing it's because it's about to time out and if timed out they will all reset. The higher your Jedi level the more points each target gives you.

Sometimes just for fun I use Luke and select his Jedi Training path on the first ball (and any other balls) and try to advance his Jedi Training to a point where after completing Hoth 2 and then Escape from Hoth mini wizard mode I enter Lightsaber Dual ASAP with a x40 multiplier. Not a bad way to practice both Escape from Hoth and Lightsaber Dual and not to mention it's not bad at improving your average score.

Lighting Extra balls can be randomly obtained at the end of each mini wizard mode, Escape from Tatooine, Escape from Hoth, Battle above Endor and Destroy the Death Star. Also from random pop bumpers and Mystery rewards. I also have a gut feeling that moving the multiplier when it's down to one arrow to shots you are making while also completing combo shots during missions can also trigger it... in other words, when you are doing cool stuff... but don't quote me on that one... unless it's confirmed .
The only fixed way to get one is via hitting 90 Tie Fighters.

#5723 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Sep 9 from what I've heard

On a Sunday? Somehow, I cannot see that being true.

#5724 5 years ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

Light blue /shots/ are combos, if that's what you mean. Shoot them for extra points. When not in a mode/MB, they'll light the shot white for progress towards Boba Fett.

Quoted from Riffbear:

EB is lit after a set number of mode completions (configurable in the menu) as well as after a certain amount of TIE fighters (default 100). On the status report there's a screen detailing which ways to get the EB you've used and which are still available.

#5725 5 years ago

I always set “special” as an extra ball. Playing on free play in my home, it’s much more gratifying since the games are already free.

#5726 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

EB is lit after a set number of mode completions (configurable in the menu) as well as after a certain amount of TIE fighters (default 100). On the status report there's a screen detailing which ways to get the EB you've used and which are still available.

Oh yeah.. 90 Tie Fighters is if you've set it to easy in the menu. Forgot about that. You also get a fixed EB as you fight the Emperor, but I don't think that counts .

#5727 5 years ago
Quoted from Hoochoo:

You also get a fixed EB as you fight the Emperor, but I don't think that counts .

Hey, it's a strategy!

#5728 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

On a Sunday? Somehow, I cannot see that being true.

Neither can I. Oh did I mention I heard it from a very unreliable Pinside source?

#5729 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Neither can I. Oh did I mention I heard it from a very unreliable Pinside source?

Uh....yeah...great news source.

#5730 5 years ago

Wonder if there will be a significant code update with the topper?

Would make sense if Stern want to sell a ton of the hugely delayed toppers.

#5731 5 years ago

Sometimes when I start a game I have 10 points before anything happens? Is this a fault?

I don't know anything on the playfield that scores 10 points

#5732 5 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Sometimes when I start a game I have 10 points before anything happens? Is this a fault?

The slingshots and the rubber below the spinner probably

#5733 5 years ago

You get that many points just for dropping 4 quarters

#5734 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

The slingshots and the rubber below the spinner probably

It was the rubber below spinner. Scores 10 and gapped way too tight!

I had never even noticed it so thanks

#5735 5 years ago

It was the rubber below spinner. Scores 10 and gapped way too tight!
I had never even noticed it so thanks

Mine was like that after I installed Titan rubbers. Was convenient because I could trigger it by flipping so I could time out LSD.

#5736 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Mine was like that after I installed Titan rubbers. Was convenient because I could trigger it by flipping so I could time out LSD.

Cheater!

#5737 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Light blue /shots/ are combos, if that's what you mean. Shoot them for extra points. When not in a mode/MB, they'll light the shot white for progress towards Boba Fett.

Cheers!

#5738 5 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

Curious what opinions are on pitch. I had it set steep and it's brutal but feels good. But I wasn't able to backhand the right ramp until I dropped the pitch. But now it seems too floaty. Maybe I'll keep raising the back and see where the limit is.

Ritchie has said that the machine is designed to be set at 6.5 degrees, anything steeper and the shot geometries will be off. I believe him, he would know. He was responding to complaints about the DS ramp in particular at the time.

#5739 5 years ago

Another issue....

Left flipper is sticky. Sometimes remaining stuck in the up position.

The game has only had like 250 plays since new and looks super clean.

I haven't taken the flipper apart yet as surely won't need to do this on a new game?

Or might it be node board related?

#5740 5 years ago

If it drops when you turn the game off it's node board related, otherwise replace the sleeve, check if anything has broken

#5741 5 years ago

Does it go back down if you flip the game off? If so it's an electrical problem. If not it's mechanical binding.

#5742 5 years ago

Another issue....
I haven't taken the flipper apart yet as surely won't need to do this on a new game?

It can be the button getting stuck pressed in. The leaf switch can apply enough pressure to make it bind. Had this happen on ST.

#5743 5 years ago

Another issue....

Check with Chas and/or your distributor. But I had a similar issue with Maiden; it’s the coil stop. Chas said sometimes they put the wrong one in. He’ll send you a new one and/or you can fiddle with it and get it working. I honestly forgot what I did to fix mine, I think I played with the coil stop washer spring or whatever it is so the coil had more freedom and hadn’t had an issue since.

#5744 5 years ago

My left flipper is still fine but shows more wear than the right. Also had the golden flakes in the cabinet. What exactly causes the golden flakes?

#5745 5 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

What exactly causes the golden flakes?

Shitty made coil stops; You're basically just grinding it down.

#5746 5 years ago

Another issue....

Assuming it is mechanical (doesn't drop when power turned off), for a game this new it is most likely tightened down too far against the playfield bushing. Grab the flipper bat and pull/push it up and down. There should be a tiny amount (1/32" or so) of play. If it's tight and doesn't move up and down at all, simply loosen the pawl and move it up a hair. Make sure it is aligned and retighten. Check both sides while you are at it. I've had this happen with a few new pins. Not a big deal at all.

#5747 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Check with Chas and/or your distributor. But I had a similar issue with Maiden; it’s the coil stop. Chas said sometimes they put the wrong one in. He’ll send you a new one and/or you can fiddle with it and get it working. I honestly forgot what I did to fix mine, I think I played with the coil stop washer spring or whatever it is so the coil had more freedom and hadn’t had an issue since.

I've seen a lot of failing Stern coil stops, but do you know what he meant by the 'wrong' one? I didn't think they had different kinds

#5748 5 years ago

Wow, tons of really great suggestions

I will do a full investigation later today or tomorrow.

Thanks

#5749 5 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

Assuming it is mechanical (doesn't drop when power turned off), for a game this new it is most likely tightened down too far against the playfield bushing. Grab the flipper bat and pull/push it up and down. There should be a tiny amount (1/32" or so) of play. If it's tight and doesn't move up and down at all, simply loosen the pawl and move it up a hair. Make sure it is aligned and retighten. Check both sides while you are at it. I've had this happen with a few new pins. Not a big deal at all.

Update and winner!

I was pretty shocked to find that the flipper has no play at all - it really is tight against the playfield. Will adjust immediately.

Left as it is and playfield would look like an old em with flipper marks in the playfield.

Going to check all my other Stern's as never would have thought this would occur on a new game.

Haven't had the game long and the flippers never felt right but I couldn't figure out why......

Thanks

#5750 5 years ago

Update and winner!
I was pretty shocked to find that the flipper has no play at all - it really is tight against the playfield. Will adjust immediately.
Left as it is and playfield would look like an old em with flipper marks in the playfield.
Going to check all my other Stern's as never would have thought this would occur on a new game.
Haven't had the game long and the flippers never felt right but I couldn't figure out why......
Thanks

I've been having this problem on multiple games this summer, all of which I rebuilt myself and know I gapped properly. Very confusing

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 21.50
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,042 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 301.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/115 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.