Pinside_forum_6208033_1 (resized).jpg
IMG_8600 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6632 (resized).jpeg
sw1 (resized).JPEG

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,047 posts in this topic. You are on page 113 of 301.
#5601 5 years ago

I saw some posts on this current page referencing the shaker motor - I've just installed one in the premium. The setting in the service menu is for Maximum usage and a coil test did get the motor to shake a bit. Is there a mode or action that really gets the shaker going??

#5602 5 years ago

I can backhanding the Deathstar no problem with a precise shoot. I made this shoot hundreds of time since i have the game.
All depend on the ramp adjustment, playfield angle and if it's clean. Ball move very different if you wax the playfield time to time.

#5603 5 years ago
Quoted from VirtualMayhem:

I saw some posts on this current page referencing the shaker motor - I've just installed one in the premium. The setting in the service menu is for Maximum usage and a coil test did get the motor to shake a bit. Is there a mode or action that really gets the shaker going??

Video mode

#5604 5 years ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

Recently picked up a SW Premium.
Im loving it but a couple things tick me off.
1.) I was told by multiple people the deathstar shot was back handable? Ive tried and tried on my machine with no success. I can barely even hit the ramp, i believe a couple of times its rattled halfway up it. Am i missing something here?
2.) When the DS inner loop is down. So it just goes around the inner loop. The ball almost always exits and paths SDTM> I hate stuff like this. Nothing like hitting a shot just to be punished for doing so.
3.) Auto launch drains make me sad, also the occasional botched manual plunge. Not sure why but about 30% of the time my full plunge ricochets off something in the shooter lane and completely missed the Multiplier bank of targets.
My game is brutal. Im not a bad player at all. Place top 7 most of the time in local tournaments. But i cant manage over 1.5 billion. And the majority of my games are in the 350 million range. Granted im still learning the game (Probably only around 35 plays). But i have a feeling my game plays exceptionally brutal.

No way to backhand on my prem

#5605 5 years ago
Quoted from HPR:

I can backhanding the Deathstar no problem with a precise shoot.

Ditto on my Premium.

#5606 5 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Also, make sure the playfield is waxed. When I start having trouble with the backhand shot of the DS, I wax my playfield...even just the center part. Make a big difference on mine.

This

#5607 5 years ago
Quoted from pudealee:

Ditto on my Premium.

Yeah and i forgot to mention i also have a premium, no problem to go up the raised ramp with a backhanding precise shoot.

#5608 5 years ago
Quoted from HPR:

Yeah and i forgot to mention i also have a premium, no problem to go up the raised ramp with a backhanding precise shoot.

What degree do you have your game set to? Could you provide a picture of your leveling bubble ?

#5609 5 years ago

The thing with the backhand to the deathstar shot is the flipper. Is it adjusted low or high and is the rubber stop bushing slightly worn out. A small variance can make a big difference. There are also manufacturing tolerances. Each game is a tiny bit different.

#5610 5 years ago

The Death Star shot with the ramp up on Premium/LE is most definitely a backhand-able shot. I use the left flipper to get it up there from a cradle position often. Steve Ritchie has confirmed it in an interview, well to be fair he said "some machines" (but imho there is no reason it should not be all machines). Interview is here: https://www.facebook.com/sternpinball/videos/10156068154799244/ Just after 48 minutes in to the interview he talks about it.

If the game is leveled at 6.5 and you are still unable to backhand it, similar to what D-Gottlieb said I suspect that your left flipper has been locked below the guide hole ever so slightly. When I received my machine I was unable to backhand the right ramp because of that issue on my right flipper. Here's my post about it a few months back: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/90#post-4390137

You could try to reposition the flipper to point perfectly to the guide hole or even ever-so-slightly above the guide hole. Doing so makes cradling and backhanding the ball easier but one negative side to this adjustment is that maybe the scoop and right orbit shots can be a bit harder to shoot for.

Every machine has their minor differences but all Star Wars pins (at least after tweaking) should be capable of backhanding from a cradle position the Left Orbit, the Death Star with Ramp Up and the Right Ramp.

#5611 5 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

What degree do you have your game set to? Could you provide a picture of your leveling bubble ?

I didn't use the bubble to level this game, i use a digital leveling tool and adjust it 6.5
But here's the picture of the bubble level on the machine.

IMG_6366 (resized).JPGIMG_6366 (resized).JPG
#5612 5 years ago
Quoted from HPR:

I didn't use the bubble to level this game, i use a digital leveling tool and adjust it 6.5

Curious, which digital tool do you use?

#5613 5 years ago

So my outlane gate has been a giant pain in the $#*. I finally got fed up enough with it that I took it all apart today and basically it is seriously messed up. I just binds so much. In my efforts to fix and think I broke it. Who do I contact? I just want a whole new gate assembly and if I have to pay for it, oh well...

#5614 5 years ago
Quoted from mcbPalisade:

Curious, which digital tool do you use?

This one (not my video)

#5615 5 years ago

IKEA has a Deathstar light. Luckily my wife is as big a geek as me...and loves Star Wars.

0EA27529-E40B-4A22-AF24-9FFF26800F3C (resized).jpeg0EA27529-E40B-4A22-AF24-9FFF26800F3C (resized).jpeg
#5616 5 years ago
Quoted from Ccondo:

So my outlane gate has been a giant pain in the $#*. I finally got fed up enough with it that I took it all apart today and basically it is seriously messed up. I just binds so much. In my efforts to fix and think I broke it. Who do I contact? I just want a whole new gate assembly and if I have to pay for it, oh well...

Call 1800KICKERS first and see what they say. Then contact your distributor to get a new one if they can’t fix it

#5617 5 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

IKEA has a Deathstar light. Luckily my wife is as big a geek as me...and loves Star Wars.
[quoted image]

Ha! We saw that in Ikea and kids were waiting on the strings you pull to open and close it

#5618 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Ha! We saw that in Ikea and kids were waiting on the strings you pull to open and close it

14 inch, cords are kinda small/dainty, 20 inch, much more durable. Note: the measurements are with the deathstar closed. But love them. Totally worth it.

#5619 5 years ago
Quoted from HPR:

But here's the picture of the bubble level on the machine.[quoted image]

I did the same to my machine and I realized the leveller on the pin was loose! So I tightened it and it showed a more accurate pitch.

#5620 5 years ago

i picked up those same lights before mine arrived. I got small gold one and one big silver one.

Thanks for the input everyone i will definitely see if i can make some adjustments.

#5621 5 years ago

Ok now having played the game a decent amount.
I love it. I did have mixed feelings for awhile.

It's a great game, sure there could have been more toys - at least it has 2.
Iron Maiden LE has none, unless you call the sarcophagus a toy?

I own an IM LE and gotta admit I haven't really taken to it as much as I have enjoyed Star Wars LE.
Maybe that will change in time... who knows.

I personally love play fields where I can see all the shots. I think the integration is fine.
I still remember when Tron first came out and everyone thought it was pretty garbage.. In the end - each to their own and who cares if the majority like a game or not.

What I'd like to know is, Is the code actually finished now? Or more to come perhaps?

#5622 5 years ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

I own an IM LE and gotta admit I haven't really taken to it as much as I have enjoyed Star Wars LE.
I personally love play fields where I can see all the shots. I think the integration is fine.

I own IMDN pro and while the game is great, Ive enjoyed SW more overall at this point.
Both are flow games but I find the risks and rewards working a variety of timely shots through successfully a bit more challenging and satisfying of an experience on SW.
It’s early for IMDN, not a popular opinion, but I could care less about all that.

#5623 5 years ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

Ok now having played the game a decent amount.
I love it. I did have mixed feelings for awhile.
It's a great game, sure there could have been more toys - at least it has 2.
Iron Maiden LE has none, unless you call the sarcophagus a toy?
I still remember when Tron first came out and everyone thought it was pretty garbage.. In the end - each to their own and who cares if the majority like a game or not.
What I'd like to know is, Is the code actually finished now? Or more to come perhaps?

I don't think we'll see more code for awhile to be honest. But if I were to comment on what the game really needs, I'd say;
+ more priority writing during multiball stacks. Example, during hyperspace multiball and when you defeat a planet multiball you don't get the fan fare call out or music.
+ during LSD, when you make the final shot it shows 'all escape' with a point value for that final shot but it should show the total score displayed for the mode instead.
+ final shot on any planet multiball doesn't show score value for that shot anywhere. Overall, kind of a shame to have so many cool unorthodox scoring rules and 2 LCD displays yet not show scores for key modes and shots.
+ need an indicator somewhere on the display to show hyperspace multiball progress.
+ transition the victory multiball horns sound better into the game. Have them layered with the Star Wars fanfare music. Such a bummer to hear the Star Wars score after completing a planet multiball only to have it abruptly cut off by victory horns. Improve the sound mixing and transitions.

EDIT: wishlist item:
+ we have cool options in the adjustments with stacking modes, multiballs, or turning stacking off. I'd like another option for stacking off - start random mission: this basically starts a random mission from the shot you made. So if you shoot hoth, you will only start a hoth mission. Shoot Death Star, you will only start a Death Star mission and it's a random select. This would be a fun home use setting for advanced players.

#5624 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

+ we have cool options in the adjustments with stacking modes, multiballs, or turning stacking off. I'd like another option for stacking off - start random mission: this basically starts a random mission from the shot you made. So if you shoot hoth, you will only start a hoth mission. Shoot Death Star, you will only start a Death Star mission and it's a random select. This would be a fun home use setting for advanced players.

I'd even like a 'start any random mission or stack' or 'select random hero' option

#5625 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I don't think we'll see more code for awhile to be honest. But if I were to comment on what the game really needs, I'd say;
+ more priority writing during multiball stacks. Example, during hyperspace multiball and when you defeat a planet multiball you don't get the fan fare call out or music.
+ during LSD, when you make the final shot it shows 'all escape' with a point value for that final shot but it should show the total score displayed for the mode instead.
+ final shot on any planet multiball doesn't show score value for that shot anywhere. Overall, kind of a shame to have so many cool unorthodox scoring rules and 2 LCD displays yet not show scores for key modes and shots.
+ need an indicator somewhere on the display to show hyperspace multiball progress.
+ transition the victory multiball horns sound better into the game. Have them layered with the Star Wars fanfare music. Such a bummer to hear the Star Wars score after completing a planet multiball only to have it abruptly cut off by victory horns. Improve the sound mixing and transitions.

You should message this to Stern?
Or perhaps all of us should?

#5626 5 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

I own IMDN pro and while the game is great, Ive enjoyed SW more overall at this point.
Both are flow games but I find the risks and rewards working a variety of timely shots through successfully a bit more challenging and satisfying of an experience on SW.
It’s early for IMDN, not a popular opinion, but I could care less about all that.

I preferred the Pro over the LE for IM.

#5627 5 years ago
Quoted from Riffbear:

You should message this to Stern?
Or perhaps all of us should?

Yea I'll send it dwights way but I'm pretty sure he's moved on to his next project. Maybe if someone happened to have a popular YouTube channel that people watched, enjoyed, and respected; they could list it off for stern *cough* Zac *cough*

#5628 5 years ago

Mine arrived today!
Loving it.

photo_2018-08-30_13-41-08 (resized).jpgphoto_2018-08-30_13-41-08 (resized).jpgphoto_2018-08-30_13-41-17 (resized).jpgphoto_2018-08-30_13-41-17 (resized).jpg
#5629 5 years ago

Nice LE.

#5630 5 years ago

I wish the Death Star mission clips played in proper order.

Rob

#5631 5 years ago

Someone else besides Yoda

#5632 5 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Yep they need something else for end of ball sounds/video. Chewy, Obi wan or any variety would be better.

#5633 5 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Every time Yoda talks he says something downgrading. Made me wonder if he was always that way in the movies.

No, he was pretty jovial when he met Luke and was cooking dinner.

So maybe something positive and encouraging from any character besides Chewy

#5634 5 years ago
Quoted from mcbPalisade:

Every time Yoda talks he says something downgrading. Made me wonder if he was always that way in the movies.
No, he was pretty jovial when he met Luke and was cooking dinner.
So maybe something positive and encouraging from any character besides Chewy

Don't get me wrong, I like Yoda but those 2-3 quotes have to be the most repetitive obnoxious thing in pinball.

Someone needs to email Stern some ideas here. They need some variety.

#5635 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Don't get me wrong, I like Yoda but those 2-3 quotes have to be the most repetitive obnoxious thing in pinball.
Someone needs to email Stern some ideas here. They need some variety.

LOL..... I skip them Every. Single. Time.

#5636 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

LOL..... I skip them Every. Single. Time.

So do I and I'm sure everyone else. If there was some variety, I'd be more inclined to let them play.

#5637 5 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Yup. It sucks that Stern didn't put more video clips from the trilogy into the game. Stern can use video footage from all 3 films featuring the actors, take advantage of that Stern and load the damn game up with more video clips!

One more big update with additional video clips, speech and hell even another character or two to select would be great to see.

#5638 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Yup. It sucks that Stern didn't put more video clips from the trilogy into the game. Stern can use video footage from all 3 films featuring the actors, take advantage of that Stern and load the damn game up with more video clips!
One more big update with additional video clips, speech and hell even another character or two to select would be great to see.

I think there has got to be one more update coming with the topper. Yes it's in the settings menu but doubtful it's coded into the game. I'd have to guess there will be some video integration coordinated with the topper.

The end of ball issue is probably my biggest gripe. some more video clips/missions to choose would be cool as well but doubtful that will happen.

#5639 5 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

On a short ball, I want to hear Luke say, "What a piece of junk!" One of the best lines in the movie and it's not in here.

#5640 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

I think there has got to be one more update coming with the topper. Yes it's in the settings menu but doubtful it's coded into the game. I'd have to guess there will be some video integration coordinated with the topper.
The end of ball issue is probably my biggest gripe. some more video clips/missions to choose would be cool as well but doubtful that will happen.

I sure hope so. Some end of ball animations and sounds that are integrated with the topper would be great to see.

Is the toppers release date still set for early September? That was a rumored date I thought I had read recently.

#5641 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

I sure hope so. Some end of ball animations and sounds that are interested with the topper would be great to see.
Is the toppers release date still set for early September? That was a rumored date I thought I had read a while back.

Someone posted the date of sept 9th. Not sure of that was BS or not though.

#5642 5 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

On a short ball, I want to hear Luke say, "What a piece of junk!" One of the best lines in the movie and it's not in here.

Lol, yes! Stuff like that, Salacious Crumb laughing on short ball times would also be funny, Jabba laughing, Han saying stuff, etc.

#5643 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Yeah, will see if anything new is said from Stern next Tuesday with their monthly update.

#5644 5 years ago

Speaking of the settings menu does anyone have PDF, etc. for the menus on SW Premium?

I spent a half hour the other day trying to find the Bill Validator Enable item, never did find it.

#5645 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Last date told to distributors was 9/9 on the topper. Only a couple more days to go.

Damn! I should have confirmed 2018.

#5646 5 years ago
Quoted from mcbPalisade:

Speaking of the settings menu does anyone have PDF, etc. for the menus on SW Premium?
I spent a half hour the other day trying to find the Bill Validator Enable item, never did find it.

Standard adjustment #46

#5647 5 years ago
Quoted from ASOA:

Last date told to distributors was 9/9 on the topper. Only a couple more days to go.

2 weeks (resized).png2 weeks (resized).png

#5648 5 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Standard adjustment #46

Thanks, is there a map of the menus? That would solve all my future questions.

#5649 5 years ago
Quoted from mcbPalisade:

Thanks, is there a map of the menus? That would solve all my future questions.

Page 6 of the manual has all the standard adjustments listed.

#5650 5 years ago
Quoted from mcbPalisade:

Thanks, is there a map of the menus?

It's tough i know, but read the instructions man

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Tulsa, OK
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Machine - For Sale
Portland, OR
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,047 posts in this topic. You are on page 113 of 301.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/113 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.