• Pro 133 votes
    28%
  • Premium 200 votes
    41%
  • LE 150 votes
    31%

(483 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,329 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20200402-181102_Photos.jpg
91811174_600444444156733_4430814212469555200_n (resized).jpg
sneak.JPG
image (resized).jpg
20200328_221834 (resized).jpg
20200326_205333209_iOS (resized).jpg
4F3ECC38-F143-4686-83AB-9A405B600707 (resized).jpeg
FAF589FB-9ACC-4EEF-ABDC-4470404396BE (resized).jpeg
Header (resized).png
IMG_0107 (resized).jpg
55F40A81-A368-4201-9DB7-A8E41C777B25 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20200319-014246_Photos.jpg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8665 posts in this topic. You are on page 112 of 174.
#5551 1 year ago
Quoted from zacaj:

It's even tougher than just looking at the lit shots because they're not always required. For instance in Tattooine MB both ramps, the right loop, and the right scoop can be lit, but only the left ramp and right loop advance you through the mode, the other shots just build your point values. It's a bit confusing, I wish there was some way to differentiate progress shots from other mode shots, but in the end you need to just learn the modes and pay attention

The game doesn’t seem to be 100%correct when it describes what you need to do either

#5552 1 year ago

Alright! I bested that guys score a page back. This was epic fun, what a whip this was! How can lining up a hurry up at the Death Star after tie fighter multiball with 40x lit for 1.3 billion get old?! Got two medals and rolled 20 missions deep.

Seriously, this game is terrific. If you have some control skills and can play pin, this game is like no other.

734F262A-51F9-4A1D-BB61-4DD7C4B5C85B (resized).jpeg
#5553 1 year ago

I joined this club two weeks ago, and I’m wondering if this might not be my favorite pin. I have a love/hate thing going with it, but holy hell this rule set is bad ass.

#5554 1 year ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

I joined this club two weeks ago, and I’m wondering if this might not be my favorite pin. I have a love/hate thing going with it, but holy hell this rule set is bad ass.

Love/hate is real...but that one more time is also real. Will be a long term pin for me. Close the outlines and extend the times (service menu). As you get better...make it harder. Just don’t hit the glass when you’re pissed .

#5555 1 year ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Damn, I was wondering this too. I know better than to get smitten with ''honeymoon'' feelings, I mean the game is damn good. So good I've wondered if it's got the potential to be in my tops list.

Not really feeling the hate thing, I mean It can be a little like juggling setting up your X shot, but it's not something that has to be done. I really don't understand why anyone bitches about this game unless they're a lousy player?

Things I dislike about the game: mmm...thinking...Not really anything? I don't know that I'd change anything, really.

Things I love: The clarity of the video clips are tops. If you're a Star Wars fan, they take you right back and into those movies, a very immersive experience.

The gameplay is smooth and faster than hell, it's superb and the shots just feel so good to hit. I like the spread out shots all over the playfield and there is a true rush of adrenaline trying to not blow a 40x hurry up. Add in fantastic multiballs, and I always enjoy balancing the tie fighter button with the actions to maximize hits. I LOVE locking a ball at the Death Star shot and then whacking it out of there! This was ripped from Avatar and is such a great thing seldom seen.

Video mode is a decent break from the action, especially if you nab it with some multiplier going. The light show is incredible as well.

There should be no need to pump this game up, people either haven't given it a fair shake or are not great players because the game will hand you your ass if you're just a run and gun type player.

It's not fair to Steve Ritchie and company, they made a blockbuster experience and I'll stick by those words.

#5556 1 year ago
Quoted from shacklersrevenge:

Alright! I bested that guys score a page back. This was epic fun, what a whip this was! How can lining up a hurry up at the Death Star after tie fighter multiball with 40x lit for 1.3 billion get old?! Got two medals and rolled 20 missions deep.
Seriously, this game is terrific. If you have some control skills and can play pin, this game is like no other.[quoted image]

You are an amazing player. I have no idea how you managed to pull that off!

#5557 1 year ago

Damn, I was wondering this too. I know better than to get smitten with ''honeymoon'' feelings, I mean the game is damn good. So good I've wondered if it's got the potential to be in my tops list.
Not really feeling the hate thing, I mean It can be a little like juggling setting up your X shot, but it's not something that has to be done. I really don't understand why anyone bitches about this game unless they're a lousy player?
Things I dislike about the game: mmm...thinking...Not really anything? I don't know that I'd change anything, really.
Things I love: The clarity of the video clips are tops. If you're a Star Wars fan, they take you right back and into those movies, a very immersive experience.
The gameplay is smooth and faster than hell, it's superb and the shots just feel so good to hit. I like the spread out shots all over the playfield and there is a true rush of adrenaline trying to not blow a 40x hurry up. Add in fantastic multiballs, and I always enjoy balancing the tie fighter button with the actions to maximize hits. I LOVE locking a ball at the Death Star shot and then whacking it out of there! This was ripped from Avatar and is such a great thing seldom seen.
Video mode is a decent break from the action, especially if you nab it with some multiplier going. The light show is incredible as well.
There should be no need to pump this game up, people either haven't given it a fair shake or are not great players because the game will hand you your ass if you're just a run and gun type player.
It's not fair to Steve Ritchie and company, they made a blockbuster experience and I'll stick by those words.

Don’t want to dampen your enthusiasm, but you are overgeneralizing a bit. I have a premium (I’m thinking you have a pro?) and it can be a total bitch to hit the Death Star ramp. It has to be 100% perfect and it’s such a key shot. That and the autolaunch-autodrain is where I get the hate. Don’t get me wrong, I love it and I love the hyper loop, etc. But saying that anyone who complains is a lousy player is unnecessarily insulting. I’m not great, but I’m decent and there are nights I want to sell...

#5558 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Don’t want to dampen your enthusiasm, but you are overgeneralizing a bit. I have a premium (I’m thinking you have a pro?) and it can be a total bitch to hit the Death Star ramp. It has to be 100% perfect and it’s such a key shot. That and the autolaunch-autodrain is where I get the hate. Don’t get me wrong, I love it and I love the hyper loop, etc. But saying that anyone who complains is a lousy player is unnecessarily insulting. I’m not great, but I’m decent and there are nights I want to sell...

I didn't say ''Anyone'' - your words, not mine. There is a big majority of people that haven't given it a fair shake because the layout disappointed or the lack of toys, or whatever. If you want to label yourself in there with your explanation with what frustrates you and get insulted, that's on you.

With that said, many people tend to shit on a game because it's too hard or not forgiving enough, or this, or that. You can't please everyone, and with a theme like Star Wars, expectations run high and disappointments run rampant.

The game is a ton of fun to shoot and play, pinball is never perfect.

#5559 1 year ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

I had a bug happen on my SW just now that I never experienced before. But I remember reading complaints about it. a long time ago... in a forum post...
I shot endor to start a mode and when I selected the mode, the ball unlocked, my flippers were dead, and the ball drained.
Is this bug still happening to others? I thought I read that this one had been sorted out.

I had this happen once about 6 months ago. I reported it as a bug, but never was able to reproduce it or had it happen again. When the ball unlocked, the video froze as well.

Rob

#5560 1 year ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Too many shots focus on the mini loop and not enough shots for the orbits I think.

Rob

#5561 1 year ago
Quoted from pintechev:

You are an amazing player. I have no idea how you managed to pull that off!

Thanks, I like to play

E3B11A77-9370-4B7D-AB16-1069A987D7AD (resized).jpeg
#5562 1 year ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Too many shots focus on the mini loop and not enough shots for the orbits I think.
Rob

I don't think that's such a bad thing; those outer loops are tight! ...and tough. If you had more focus there, it could turn modes into a Lonnie stale slow chase that one shot for 30 secs brickfest. I think Dwight uses those loops good with the left used more as it can be back handed. I think there's only 2 modes where you need to hit that right loop? And the rest are jackpot multiball advancements. That's a good thing IMO.

Only thing I don't like about the game is the fanfare when defeating a planet mb. 1. There's no score displayed for the final shot and 2. When you defeat a planet, it begins to play the killer SW pump you up music only to get interrupted seconds later by the lousy victory mb horns. Other than that, this game is fun and addicting. Love the unorthodox ruleset.

#5563 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

If you had more focus there, it could turn modes into a Lonnie stale slow chase that one shot for 30 secs brickfest

Ha, spoken from a true ex Avengers owner. I still deal with it. At least the SW orbits aren't *that* tight.

I like that all the SW shots are makeable. Even ST I get stuck on the side shots to start a mode.

Just recently added SW and GotG. Similar layouts but very different rules. Really like both.

SW locked up on me once and reset, running 1.05. Any guesses on software or hardware issue?

20180811_100753 (resized).jpg
#5564 1 year ago

Twice the game ended normally, but that screen stayed on.

#5565 1 year ago

I had a game reset the other day. This is the only times it has ever had the slightest problem. 1.05 software.

#5566 1 year ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Twice the game ended normally, but that screen stayed on.

Tie fighter assault screen stays up on mine if I drain the last ball during tie fighter assault, but only when I’m using my tournament button. It’s done that since early code.

#5567 1 year ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Tie fighter assault screen stays up on mine if I drain the last ball during tie fighter assault, but only when I’m using my tournament button. It’s done that since early code.

Well, there's a bug now, I would say.

#5568 1 year ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Well, there's a bug now, I would say.

Yah, but I’m used to it by now. Just means I have to play another game to get it off that screen

#5569 1 year ago

Does anyone know if shaker motor strength can be adjusted in menus? My shaker is just a bad too much, I would like to tone it down a bit
Thanks

#5570 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Does anyone know if shaker motor strength can be adjusted in menus? My shaker is just a bad too much, I would like to tone it down a bit
Thanks

Yes it can. I'm not at my machine now but it's definitely in the menu somewhere, and does make a difference. I've got mine set at one below factory default and am happy with it.

#5571 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Thanks

Strength no, frequency yes. The only way you can decrease the strength of the shaking is by adjusting the orientation of a weight on the shaker motor. All the Sterns are like this.
Junky

#5572 1 year ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

Strength no, frequency yes. The only way you can decrease the strength of the shaking is by adjusting the orientation of a weight on the shaker motor. All the Sterns are like this.
Junky

Ahh man, thats a pain in the butt.. I tried to do this with my Tron and it broke with drill bit. Maybe I will just buy that electronic speed adjuster thingy.

#5573 1 year ago

Try the different settings in the menu and see if you like it better first

#5574 1 year ago

Settings dont change the strength or intensity, just how often the shaker goes off.

I dont even want to know why a drill bit was used on a shaker motor... get a good quality allen wrench and change the offset of the weights until you get the strength/rattle to your liking.

#5575 1 year ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Ahh man, thats a pain in the butt.. I tried to do this with my Tron and it broke with drill bit. Maybe I will just buy that electronic speed adjuster thingy.

I don't think you can use the speed adjuster on the newer Sterns with SPIKE? I assume you have the Cointaker shaker? They are all too strong... The one from Stern and the one from Pinball Life seem just right.

#5576 1 year ago

I found that the glass would rattle a bit when the shaker went off and found that annoying. I put some vinyl tape around the edge of the glass (invisible when the glass is installed) and the vibrating stopped, end of annoyance.

#5577 1 year ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I don't think that's such a bad thing; those outer loops are tight! ...and tough. If you had more focus there, it could turn modes into a Lonnie stale slow chase that one shot for 30 secs brickfest. I think Dwight uses those loops good with the left used more as it can be back handed. I think there's only 2 modes where you need to hit that right loop? And the rest are jackpot multiball advancements. That's a good thing IMO.

The orbits are certainly tight, more so than SR's last few games. The shots don't feel 'intuitive' to me.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

Only thing I don't like about the game is the fanfare when defeating a planet mb. 1. There's no score displayed for the final shot and 2. When you defeat a planet, it begins to play the killer SW pump you up music only to get interrupted seconds later by the lousy victory mb horns. Other than that, this game is fun and addicting. Love the unorthodox ruleset.

The horns? Oh yeah, I agree I don't like them either.

Rob

#5578 1 year ago

Topper ????

#5579 1 year ago

Noper.

#5580 1 year ago

Any more code on this game?

Going to be joining the club as it seems like an adrenalin packed ride!

I notice Maiden got an adjustment where you can adjust the GI brightness so wondering if that means all Spike 2 games will get this tweak?

Update to nodeboard firmware v0.23.0
- Enhanced center channel clarity.
- Added bass frequency filter selection options: 125Hz, 250Hz, and disabled.
- Added treble frequency filter selection options: 4kHz, 8kHz, and disabled.
- Added adjustment to scale GI, Insert, and Flasher LED brightness, range is 25% to 100%.
- Added adjustment to limit GI, Insert, and Flasher LED Max brightness, range is 64 to 255.

#5581 1 year ago

Hi everyone,

Has anyone ordered the pingraffix light up blades? I seem to be having problems installing them (the inverter is not getting any power). I was wondering if anyone can help me with this?

Thanks!

#5582 1 year ago
Quoted from Tuxedomask23:

Hi everyone,
Has anyone ordered the pingraffix light up blades? I seem to be having problems installing them (the inverter is not getting any power). I was wondering if anyone can help me with this?
Thanks!

Have you run the accy power cable from the head on the power supply side down to the front of the cabinet? The game comes with a power cable in a bag that needs to be installed in order to power the cable you're connecting to the inverter.

#5583 1 year ago
Quoted from lasermel:

Have you run the accy power cable from the head on the power supply side down to the front of the cabinet? The game comes with a power cable in a bag that needs to be installed in order to power the cable you're connecting to the inverter.

Yes I've done that which is why it's strange. The first time I did that I checked and opened the inverter and the fuse was fried so I was sent another inverter and it still does not work.

#5584 1 year ago

The last mode I was doing was destroy the Death Star, and I failed. Nothing else was lit after that, really nothing else to do. I think this has happened to me in a previous game, is this a bug?

#5586 1 year ago

Yeah this wasn’t Hoth, it was destroy the Death Star. The multiball came and went for that mode and then there appeared to be nothing else to do. It was the last mode to do before (I would be) facing the emperor.

#5587 1 year ago

After you do all the modes you still need to do the other objectives before you can face the emperor?

#5588 1 year ago

Yeah this wasn’t Hoth, it was destroy the Death Star. The multiball came and went for that mode and then there appeared to be nothing else to do. It was the last mode to do before (I would be) facing the emperor.

Quoted from zacaj:

After you do all the modes you still need to do the other objectives before you can face the emperor?

Yes destroy 100 tie fighters, complete the LSD mode, complete the BF mode, and become a Jedi master on top of playing all the world modes and then comes the emperor. I’m always one mode away but I will get there soon....yes....soon.

#5589 1 year ago

Use the instant info to check next time

#5590 1 year ago

Saturday Morning Pinball Rage!! Got my ass handed to me all night last night. 10 games with maybe 1 multiball. Went to bed angry and woke up this morning and did this!! Lit all 4 mulitballs before getting into them on my 3rd ball.

Finished 3/4 multiball Modes - destroyed just about everything! Got medals on 2/3 victory multiballs.... Emperor kicked my ass

I completed video mode with 40x multiplier and full hyperdrive the entire time and not a single crash (level 2)

Not my highest score but an epic game just the same...Happy Saturday everyone!
09F0C7E9-6374-4522-A679-D549668E2261 (resized).jpeg2B4471C6-D43E-478D-A1E7-2D3D48DA7C40 (resized).jpeg6DB7F832-A819-407F-8ABF-41523E98CC6A (resized).jpeg7D6F11BC-D300-4689-A2D5-E72130B3703D (resized).jpeg95980EDB-09FD-490F-AD6B-74DDEB66C6FE (resized).jpegA9BE0031-DBE3-49A3-900E-D2C327B0845E (resized).jpegF4402C46-06F2-427B-9338-F6FC231EDD73 (resized).jpegFE9C739B-12DF-4C1D-9CD9-15A904DBD8FC (resized).jpeg

#5591 1 year ago

You know now how impressive is this game !!

#5592 1 year ago

Wow! Damn good game man!

#5593 1 year ago

Recently picked up a SW Premium.

Im loving it but a couple things tick me off.

1.) I was told by multiple people the deathstar shot was back handable? Ive tried and tried on my machine with no success. I can barely even hit the ramp, i believe a couple of times its rattled halfway up it. Am i missing something here?

2.) When the DS inner loop is down. So it just goes around the inner loop. The ball almost always exits and paths SDTM> I hate stuff like this. Nothing like hitting a shot just to be punished for doing so.

3.) Auto launch drains make me sad, also the occasional botched manual plunge. Not sure why but about 30% of the time my full plunge ricochets off something in the shooter lane and completely missed the Multiplier bank of targets.

My game is brutal. Im not a bad player at all. Place top 7 most of the time in local tournaments. But i cant manage over 1.5 billion. And the majority of my games are in the 350 million range. Granted im still learning the game (Probably only around 35 plays). But i have a feeling my game plays exceptionally brutal.

#5594 1 year ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

1.) I was told by multiple people the deathstar shot was back handable? Ive tried and tried on my machine with no success. I can barely even hit the ramp, i believe a couple of times its rattled halfway up it. Am i missing something here?
2.) When the DS inner loop is down. So it just goes around the inner loop. The ball almost always exits and paths SDTM> I hate stuff like this. Nothing like hitting a shot just to be punished for doing so.
3.) Auto launch drains make me sad, also the occasional botched manual plunge. Not sure why but about 30% of the time my full plunge ricochets off something in the shooter lane and completely missed the Multiplier bank of targets.
My game is brutal. Im not a bad player at all. Place top 7 most of the time in local tournaments. But i cant manage over 1.5 billion. And the majority of my games are in the 350 million range. Granted im still learning the game (Probably only around 35 plays). But i have a feeling my game plays exceptionally brutal.

I also have a Premium and cannot backhand the Deathstar shot when the ramp is up. I think this shot is probably pretty easy on a Pro but there isn't enough flipper power to get the ball up the ramp.

#5595 1 year ago
Quoted from Ccondo:

I also have a Premium and cannot backhand the Deathstar shot when the ramp is up. I think this shot is probably pretty easy on a Pro but there isn't enough flipper power to get the ball up the ramp.

If the game is higher than 6.5 you will not be able to backhand the Death Star on a Premium.

#5596 1 year ago
Quoted from bgwilly31:

1.) I was told by multiple people the deathstar shot was back handable? Ive tried and tried on my machine with no success. I can barely even hit the ramp, i believe a couple of times its rattled halfway up it. Am i missing something here? .

Also, make sure the playfield is waxed. When I start having trouble with the backhand shot of the DS, I wax my playfield...even just the center part. Make a big difference on mine.

#5597 1 year ago

Steve Ritchie clearly stated in one of his interviews "Do not do anything else tahn 6.5. Thats what it's designed for and thats how it will work." I stuck to this and with a real perfect shot I can backhand into the deathstar... ...barely.

#5598 1 year ago

I have backhanded the Death Star a few times. Also the left orbit, but not consistently.

#5599 1 year ago

I have only backhanded the deathstar accidentally on the fly. Never from cradling the ball and trying.

#5600 1 year ago

I also have the premium and backhanding the DS shot while the ramp is up is very difficult and I have only done it a hand full of times, I guess that’s why it feels so good to hit the hyper loop. Once you get the hang of moving the multiplying shot around your score will start to increase. This game is so deep make sure you are utilizing all your world multi balls to their fullest. Welcome to the club.

Quoted from bgwilly31:

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 7,599.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
There are 8665 posts in this topic. You are on page 112 of 174.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside