• Pro 129 votes
    28%
  • Premium 191 votes
    41%
  • LE 148 votes
    32%

(468 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,260 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

1GR1 PRO 012020 (resized).jpg
SW PRO 012020 (resized).jpg
swlight (resized).jpg
falcon (resized).jpg
1E85029F-62B0-498E-AB89-64CF050C8F16 (resized).jpeg
videomode (resized).jpg
20200112_210804.jpg
20200112_210819.jpg
20200111_191859.jpg
20200111_191842.jpg
20200111_191351.jpg
20200111_191334.jpg
20200111_191341.jpg
20200111_191300.jpg
20200111_191157.jpg
20200111_191240.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8398 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 168.
#501 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

You might be right, I'll take another look (and measurements), it just stood out after I had set it up, maybe just my tired eyes.
My first spike game, no fuses I see. What happens when/if a short occurs? Node board blows?

The legs on my TWD are also 1" shorter then TSPP so they have been doing it for awhile. Im on my 4th spike system game with no node board issues yet. Only ever had a game do something weird when i would turn it on with coindoor open it would update the node boards everytime.

#502 2 years ago

Took out the overly bright spots at the slings and put in a single led coolW, really helps bring out the lighting in the game without making things too dark either, looks much better to me during gameplay. Amazing pin.

DSC03771 (resized).JPG

#503 2 years ago

We've done some lighting enhancements for the trough and backboard. Before and after. Soon to be available on our website and pinside shop. Still pretty dark midfield, but we are working on it.

star-wars-pinball-playfield-before (resized).JPG

star-wars-pinball-playfield (resized).JPG

#504 2 years ago

I am generally a fan of subtle light tweaks but I actually like the before pic better. The red to me seems a bit distracting and the top play field lighting has made it more difficult to see the artwork of the star destroyers. Perhaps it looks better in person or the camera isn't really capturing the effects (which happens to a ton of my pics ). None the less, I applaud your efforts!

#505 2 years ago
Quoted from mittens:

I am generally a fan of subtle light tweaks but I actually like the before pic better. The red to me seems a bit distracting and the top play field lighting has made it more difficult to see the artwork of the star destroyers. Perhaps it looks better in person or the camera isn't really capturing the effects (which happens to a ton of my pics ). None the less, I applaud your efforts!

What he said, looks better before. Change that trough led strip to a natural white and get rid of the purple on the back it washes everything out.

#506 2 years ago
Quoted from mittens:

The red to me seems a bit distracting and the top play field lighting has made it more difficult to see the artwork of the star destroyers.

I am really hoping for lighted flippers that change from Luke to Darth light saber colors somehow so the trough light would distract. But glad to see these coming out.

#507 2 years ago

white trough light from Lermods, i cut it down to 3 leds.

20170718_122226 (resized).jpg

#508 2 years ago

The 3 led strip I do like. It brings out the art right by the trough.

#509 2 years ago

yup that looks way better.

I titan rubbered mine last night and will be putting on mirror blades tonight.

#510 2 years ago

Which blades are you using?

#511 2 years ago
Quoted from mittens:

As far as which brand? I had my own CNC/laser cut at a local metal fab shop.

#512 2 years ago
Quoted from mittens:

The camera always exaggerates led effects and tends to make them look washed out. It's not the case in person. The light brings out the detail of the pf much better and it's not in any way overwhelming. In the end it's personal taste. Some like it, some dont. White could be a great choice too, I got the game last night and haven't done all the colors...the feedback is very helpful, good or bad.. We can do red, green, blue, purple and white.

These are the first of our mods that are now up on our website's star wars page.

http://lermods.com/t/star-wars-pinball-mods

Here's a couple of close up pics...

star-wars-pinball-led-strip-trough-light-kit-2 (resized).jpg

star-wars-pinball-led-strip-backboard-light-kit-2 (resized).jpg

#513 2 years ago
Quoted from mittens:

I installed cointaker in mine, no issues.

#514 2 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

yup that looks way better.
I titan rubbered mine last night and will be putting on mirror blades tonight.

I want to see this when you get it finished. I need to get some mirror blades myself. I'd like to get them cut in my town as well, but I don't know the dimensions and I don't even know if they could do it/how.

#515 2 years ago

I'm in for a pro since 4 days. It's coming in a week or two.

#516 2 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

I titan rubbered mine last night

Do you have a rubber list? Didn't see one up on the Titan website.

Also, any thoughts on whether the Premium/LE would need any additional/different rubbers? From looking at the playfield pics nothing leaps out as different rubber-wise.

#517 2 years ago

I am in on a pro. should have it in a couple days! Excited!

#518 2 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

I am in on a pro. should have it in a couple days! Excited!

Who did you order it through?

#519 2 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

I'll be honest -- I had a node board issue, and it was taken care of IMMEDIATELY. I have nothing but good things to say about Stern and their Customer Service. One good thing about node boards and the spike systems is that they are easily troubleshot and remedied.

3 months ago I would have agreed with you whole heartedly. All of my previous experience with Stern customer support had been exemplary. However, I recently had a node board fail after a code update it and took 7 weeks to get a replacement from stern.

#520 2 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

I want to see this when you get it finished. I need to get some mirror blades myself. I'd like to get them cut in my town as well, but I don't know the dimensions and I don't even know if they could do it/how.

Don't have them cut locally unless you are buying lots of them, the only reason I had them cut locally was cause I wanted bulk of them, I got 10 sets of stern blades and 10 of Williams blades, as they go on every game I get and I was tired of paying 100 bucks a for a set. If you are going to get just one set order them from pinballsidemirrors, his are usually the cheapest and even cheaper when he runs his black Friday sale every year. Ill toss up a few pics when I get it done.

Quoted from fosaisu:

Do you have a rubber list? Didn't see one up on the Titan website.
Also, any thoughts on whether the Premium/LE would need any additional/different rubbers? From looking at the playfield pics nothing leaps out as different rubber-wise.

Titan doesn't have star wars as a pickable game to add a kit to on their database yet. I emailed Eric and he said he will add it, when he does I will toss one on there, however I can tell you the list in the manual is perfect and doesn't have any missing rubbers. I cant say 100 percent if the premium with have any extras not listed in the pro manual, but I cant see why it would based on whats added. Here is a screen shot of the manual for a rubber list for the pro. The only adjustment I personally made was on the #8's on the post at the top of the inlane roll downs I changed to the smaller post rubber 3/8" OD as I like the way it plays better.

rubber list (resized).jpg

#521 2 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

The only adjustment I personally made was on the #8's on the post at the top of the inlane roll downs I changed to the smaller post rubber 3/8" OD as I like the way it plays better.

Do you find that this change directs more balls to the outlanes (i.e. makes the game harder)? Or the opposite?

#522 2 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Do you find that this change directs more balls to the outlanes (i.e. makes the game harder)? Or the opposite?

I have found that titans are a hair bit thicker then regular rubber. So when you add in the additional thickness from the sling rubber, and then additional thickness from the post rubber right by the sling using the factor recommended sizes, I find it is harder for the ball to go down the inlane, resulting in more balls bouncing around the inlane area before going out the outlanes. Like I said this is a personal adjustment, but I noticed the samething across the board on all the games I own when not bumping those rubbers down a size. When you order rubber, order a couple extra of both sizes and play around with it and let me know your feelings on it.

#523 2 years ago

have any of the preorder premium guys heard anything about ETA? i understand the le's are going on the line in 1-2 weeks, so maybe 3-4 weeks for the first premiums? thanks!

#524 2 years ago
Quoted from Ballsofsteel:

have any of the preorder premium guys heard anything about ETA? i understand the le's are going on the line in 1-2 weeks, so maybe 3-4 weeks for the first premiums? thanks!

Seeing as they have to build 800 LE's I would say closer to 6-8 weeks.

#525 2 years ago
Quoted from Dr-Willy:

Seeing as they have to build 800 LE's I would say closer to 6-8 weeks.

i thought stern did multiple runs? like:

1st run pros
2nd run les
3rd run premiums.

repeat?

#526 2 years ago

i thought stern did multiple runs? like:
1st run pros
2nd run les
3rd run premiums.
repeat?

To my knowledge they build a handful of pros for over seas, then a handful of pros for the US market to get out on locations, then build all the LE's, then build premiums, then more pros, I could be totally wrong, this was just how I thought it worked. That was one of the selling points of buying an LE was that you get it before premiums go on the line at all.

#527 2 years ago

great, thanks. i suppose it might be reassuring that the premiums will probably have all the issues and code worked out by then....hopefully.

#528 2 years ago

great, thanks. i suppose it might be reassuring that the premiums will probably have all the issues and code worked out by then....hopefully.

That's the beauty of Premium -- let them work out any kinks on the LEs (and early Pros)! Sadly though, I don't think history supports Stern being at final code by the time they start shipping Premiums ...

#529 2 years ago

I ordered a Pro July 5 during the twitch stream. Hopefully will ship soon !

#530 2 years ago

Stream goin' up! Get in here and ask me some questions!

http://www.twitch.tv/waspinat0r

#531 2 years ago

Here is a link to the titan kit I just updated the website with. Note after looking further at the manual page, it leaves out the slim post sleeve next to the force drop targets. This kit should be correct as far as I can remember for what I put on the game.

https://www.titanpinball.com/kits/index.php/view/id/597

#532 2 years ago

Anyone make any custom cards for the game yet? If not, I'll make some and share them.

#533 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Anyone make any custom cards for the game yet? If not, I'll make some and share them.

Yes please....i hate those yellow stern ones with a passion!

#534 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Please do!

#535 2 years ago

I'll try to get around to doing it, time is limited, set your expectations low.

#536 2 years ago

Someone make custom cards please! Own a Pro and loving it!!!

#537 2 years ago

Tonight!!! @ 7:30pm EST - STDM Podcast fellas will be coming over to check out Star Wars and we'll be making some videos to share and flip around! Hope to see you there! I'll be doing a walkthrough of the game, and the current rules, and some tips.

#538 2 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

Tonight!!! @ 7:30pm EST - STDM Podcast fellas will be coming over to check out Star Wars and we'll be making some videos to share and flip around! Hope to see you there! I'll be doing a walkthrough of the game, and the current rules, and some tips.

Not to be negative, but I've tried to watch your podcast and it's not for me. More of a reality show kind of thing of non-pinball stuff, people walking around and personal stuff I guess is what you are trying to do? Can't say watching some random dude crack a beer open and leave the room is very interesting. Deadflip definitely does it right, sticking to pinball and some relevant insiders. Carry on for anyone else interested...

#539 2 years ago
Quoted from KozMckPinball:

Not to be negative, but I've tried to watch your podcast and it's not for me. More of a reality show kind of thing of non-pinball stuff, people walking around and personal stuff I guess. Deadflip definitely does it right, sticking to pinball. Carry on for anyone else interested...

Hey, it's no worry, thanks for giving it a shot in any case! I'm just trying to showcase Star Wars ! You might've hit a lull in my broadcast, or maybe I was just having a weird day! For whatever it's worth, I still appreciate you stopping by! I don't have the resources or number of machines to do streams like a lot of guys, but I try to make it fun . Hope you'll give it another shot sometime!

#540 2 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

Hey, it's no worry, thanks for giving it a shot in any case! I'm just trying to showcase Star Wars ! You might've hit a lull in my broadcast, or maybe I was just having a weird day! For whatever it's worth, I still appreciate you stopping by! I don't have the resources or number of machines to do streams like a lot of guys, but I try to make it fun . Hope you'll give it another shot sometime!

Advice well taken.

#541 2 years ago

I personally think the streams have been awesome. Most appreciated. It's like hanging out with a friend and talking about pinball (without actually getting to play or talk ). I've learned a lot from watching the videos and have laughed a lot too. Your streams have made me more excited to get my game. Looks like great fun.

For now I am stuck sitting on a swinging lounge chair with my iPad in my lap and a lake and mountains in front of me as I watch some great guys play Star Wars.

IMG_2016 (resized).JPG

#542 2 years ago

I'm going to break down and buy a premium. Got the bug to trick one out.

#543 2 years ago

Can anyone post some video of the 'victory' multi ball? Not the one that you get when you complete a mode multiball but rather the one you get when you play all 4 mode multiballs.

#544 2 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

I personally think the streams have been awesome. Most appreciated. It's like hanging out with a friend and talking about pinball (without actually getting to play or talk ). I've learned a lot from watching the videos and have laughed a lot too. Your streams have made me more excited to get my game. Looks like great fun.
For now I am stuck sitting on a swinging lounge chair with my iPad in my lap and a lake and mountains in front of me as I watch some great guys play Star Wars.

Thank you so much for the kind words!! I'm so glad you've enjoyed your time in my streams. The game *IS* great fun, and I'm excited for you to get yours!

#545 2 years ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Can anyone post some video of the 'victory' multi ball? Not the one that you get when you complete a mode multiball but rather the one you get when you play all 4 mode multiballs.

The only victory multiball I've ever gotten is just by completing single modes, I don't know that I got a special one for completing all 4..but I might have not been paying enough attention. ;/

#546 2 years ago

Played about 10 games at GEX today and also caught up to AS and GB at lunch. No review but a few observations besides the obvious who has ever played a new game and not thought it was fun and had possibilities. Warning, longer than needed.

1) I heard it was fast but the left loop made me feel like a double flipper. From left loop to right flipper was so fast it reminded me of TAF and the graveyard to UR flipper for SJP. What I am saying is I didn't have time to really see the ball and react like on most loop passes just like on TAF where you never see the ball and have to just time it. I can loop pass on many games on location with a game or 2 in but never did it on this game. Faster than AFM, ACDC, and Met by far since I can loop pass on them.

2) Really like what was going on with the Death Star shot especially if it extends to Premiums. If not "qualified", it is a horseshoe, if "qualified" it is a lock. I hope to see this progression continue on the premium where the shot becomes the left ramp which is 1 step above the lock and 1 step less than the hyperloop. I know I am overblowing the supercharger but on route you would shoot it and if not ready it diverted back as a ramp shot and if ready you engaged the magnets but between 1 and 10 times with a totally awesome count. Would rather have this action than continuous looping.

3)Totally enjoyed figuring out how to use the "fire" button to lock and unlock the multiplier. I must have drained half my balls trying to figure that out. Reminded me of vids where all this chaos is occurring and you have to do something strategic to win or you wimp out give up and flail away for 20 minutes with less points than your friends. Can't wait for this strategy!!!!

4) I never once had time to think about sparse and I never was reminded of No Fear but I think that game has so much covered by the ramp I will have to ask what people are saying.

5) all the lighting and sound things were lost on me as I didn't notice them as much as I hoped. But I can say that was the case with FP, BK, SS, HS, FH, TAF, TZ, LOTR, SM, Tron, ACDC, TWD, and Met for me until I was at home. I loved Kiss on location right off the bat until I could hit all the shots so YMMV

Kenny

#547 2 years ago
Quoted from KJL:

all the lighting and sound things were lost on me as I didn't notice them as much as I hoped.

It makes a big difference if you change the sling spot lights to a single led warm or cool white, the game looks better and the GI comes alive.

#548 2 years ago

So has everyone noticed the awesome mini LCD interaction with Rancor mode? It even plays a video clip.

I'm *really* hoping in the end, each mode does this. The game's too fast to try to look at the main LCD a lot, so we need tons of info on the mini LCD all around.

#549 2 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

So has everyone noticed the awesome mini LCD interaction with Rancor mode? It even plays a video clip.
I'm *really* hoping in the end, each mode does this. The game's too fast to try to look at the main LCD a lot, so we need tons of info on the mini LCD all around.

I think theres 3 modes total so far that use the playfield LCD, Rancor, Destroy Deathstar, and Hoth 3 (not sure name). And non of the characters can play Hoth 1 mode yet! Hopefully each character ends up with 9 modes to complete at the minimum.

#550 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

It makes a big difference if you change the sling spot lights to a single led warm or cool white, the game looks better and the GI comes alive.

Doesnt that effect the Escape from Bobba Fett strobing? I'll switch out my spots see what i think.

Quoted from Apollyon:

Ive made it to Victory Multiball after completing 3 of 4 mini wizards and activating the 4th. It skipped being able to play the 4th mini wizard and when directly into Victory which caught me off guard. It mainly was the ramp shots but i drained right away out of confusion on what exactly was going on.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer
$ 259.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 8398 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 168.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside