IMG_8600 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6632 (resized).jpeg
sw1 (resized).JPEG
sw2 (resized).JPEG
sw3 (resized).JPEG
sw4 (resized).JPEG

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,046 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 301.
#5401 5 years ago

Release Notes do not indicate a single bug fix... that's helpful!

#5402 5 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

So what's in the code?

#5403 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

So what's in the code?

LE/PREMIUM V1.05 - July 6, 2018
=========================
NOTE - If you are seeing the ball bounce out of the inner loop after shooting
the hoth / video mode shot, please make sure your center post in the back
of the loop is adjusted flush with the playfield.

Moved to System 2.06:
- Update to nodeboard firmware v0.23.0
- Enhanced center channel clarity.
- Added bass frequency filter selection options: 125Hz, 250Hz, and disabled.
- Added treble frequency filter selection options: 4kHz, 8kHz, and disabled.

#5404 5 years ago
Quoted from Bos98:

It looks like it isn’t game specific code. Its just some audio changes for all their games that they copy and pasted.

Hopefully this helps those people that were saying their speakers sounded bad

#5405 5 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

The issue with the distortion or 'clipping' of audio from the mono cabinet speaker is what I believe to be something that Stern was handling correctly pre 1.01 code where they added the ability to independently control levels on the backbox and cabinet speakers, along with bass/treble, and now ohm ratings with the very latest 1.04 version. In audio engineering, there is something called 'Pan Law' which deals with mixing a stereo signal down to mono. Essentially before a stereo track is mixed down to be presented in a mono application (such as the single cabinet speaker), each channel should have a gain reduction of -3dB to make it balance out properly and not introduce clipping. This is something I wrestle with all the time when we are filming and two people are wearing their own microphones, but sometimes each person's microphone picks up the other person. Rather than present each person in their own left or right channel, we mix down to mono and it often introduces some interesting clipping because we forgot to do the gain reduction before the mix.
The opposite is true as well. If you take a mono track and mix it up to stereo, it will be about 6dB too low because of Pan Law.
Stern simply needs to go back and examine what happened to the audio processing code that was handling this previously. I can see a call to a routine getting missed if they were doing all this plumbing to add the new system features. Again, this is likely a problem on all Spike II games that got these audio level adjustments earlier this year.

Looks like Stern is paying attention to you!

#5406 5 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

It looks like it isn’t game specific code. Its just some audio changes for all their games that they copy and pasted.
Hopefully this helps those people that were saying their speakers sounded bad

On the upside, I updated and tested everything in game and they didn’t make anything worse!

#5407 5 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Looks like Stern is paying attention to you!

Yup, I got an email back from one of the programmers that work on the operating system level stuff and he acknowledged that he had experienced the same thing and thought it was a mixing issue and was working on a fix. I haven't tried it yet, but am downloading now and will give it a go. Release notes say "Enhanced center channel clarity." so I guess this is it!

#5408 5 years ago

Sound is way better mixed in this updated code. Layering of music and sound effects seems much more seamless. Clarity improvements all around. I’m hearing details in certain things that I did not hear before. Cabinet speaker fuzziness is gone as well!

#5409 5 years ago

I just upgraded the speakers. Good timing on this update.

#5410 5 years ago

Parting with my hooked on pinball LE rail lights. Never installed. Decided to go a different direction with my premium after all. $99 including shipping ($30 off). Will donate to Pinside.

I’m sure these look great. See the video...

http://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p116/Star-Wars-LE-Side-Rail-Kits-Pinball-Mod

#5411 5 years ago

so is your reply.

#5413 5 years ago

Ha Ha, good one.

#5414 5 years ago

I hope you didn't take it personally. It's pretty standard for some updates that don't have any rules changes or pressing bugs to be avoided or skipped.

#5415 5 years ago

I never got around to doing the 1.04 update.
Do I need to do that before 1.05 or will 1.05 include everything from 1.04?

Thanks!

#5416 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I hope you didn't take it personally. It's pretty standard for some updates that don't have any rules changes or pressing bugs to be avoided or skipped.

But for the Pro, this is supposed to fix the problem with Hoth shot rejects.

Quoted from Mtg381:

I never got around to doing the 1.04 update.
Do I need to do that before 1.05 or will 1.05 include everything from 1.04?
Thanks!

1.05 is all you need.

#5417 5 years ago
Quoted from spidey:

But for the Pro, this is supposed to fix the problem with Hoth shot rejects.

Is that what this means?
"Corrects the single post behavior in some edge cases. "

#5418 5 years ago
Quoted from woodmedic:

I am awaiting stern to go back into production on the premium's so that I can get one. Anyone know when that is supposed to happen?

Did you call many Stern distributors to see if they are in stock? Good time to ask around for best price anyway.

#5419 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Is that what this means?
"Corrects the single post behavior in some edge cases. "

I was wondering the same thing.
But it was noted by zaphX that this version was the fix, in the other thread.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/star-wars-pro-104-borked-the-hoth-shot#post-4510328

#5420 5 years ago

Gotcha. Haven't had the problem personally because I thought 1.o4 was skippable

#5421 5 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Parting with my hooked on pinball LE rail lights. Never installed. Decided to go a different direction with my premium after all. $99 including shipping ($30 off). Will donate to Pinside.
I’m sure these look great. See the video...
http://www.hookedonpinball.com/store/p116/Star-Wars-LE-Side-Rail-Kits-Pinball-Mod

Figures, I literally just had that set delivered to my door a few days ago.

#5422 5 years ago

So how many different ways could you play this Star Wars? My TWD has been a keeper mostly because of the different ways I can approach it if I start to get bored.. modes, multiballs, seige etc.

#5423 5 years ago
Quoted from gorgar007:

So how many different ways could you play this Star Wars? My TWD has been a keeper mostly because of the different ways I can approach it if I start to get bored.. modes, multiballs, seige etc.

Lots! More than GOT and TWD which are 2 of my favorite sterns. TWD code is more polished than SW and both GOT & TWD do a better job of displaying big jackpot scores, but SW does have more variety and better risk/reward scoring opportunities and has faster yet risky progression. Each character has 2 or 3 ways to tackle the game that's different from each other. I discovered a new way to tackle Leia just this morning; hope to test & refine it a little more today. If you like brutality, speed, and diversity; you'll dig SW. TWD, GOT, and SW are some of my favorite pins.

On a side note; does anyone know if you can make the FORCE drops harder to advance letters for the add a ball in multiball? It seems to award a letter for each drop you hit on one shot which makes sense, but I'd like it a little harder like spotting one letter per hit no matter how many drops you get in that one hit. I'll check the feature adjustments later, but just thinking out loud for now

#5424 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Lots! More than GOT and TWD which are 2 of my favorite sterns. TWD code is more polished than SW and both GOT & TWD do a better job of displaying big jackpot scores, but SW does have more variety and better risk/reward scoring opportunities and has faster yet risky progression. Each character has 2 or 3 ways to tackle the game that's different from each other. I discovered a new way to tackle Leia just this morning; hope to test & refine it a little more today. If you like brutality, speed, and diversity; you'll dig SW. TWD, GOT, and SW are some of my favorite pins.
On a side note; does anyone know if you can make the FORCE drops harder to advance letters for the add a ball in multiball? It seems to award a letter for each drop you hit on one shot which makes sense, but I'd like it a little harder like spotting one letter per hit no matter how many drops you get in that one hit. I'll check the feature adjustments later, but just thinking out loud for now

Is there a way to know how many hits you need to add a ball in world multi ball. can you play the world modes to make the add a ball less hits? Seems like some world multi balls you need to hit force target more or less than others.

#5425 5 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Is there a way to know how many hits you need to add a ball in world multi ball. can you play the world modes to make the add a ball less hits? Seems like some world multi balls you need to hit force target more or less than others.

FORCE inserts light up solid in order F to E as you hit drops. It's the same for all the world multiball; but there's a hurryup timer associated to it; if you don't hit the drops after a few secs a countdown timer starts with sound effect. hitting the drops continues spelling FORCE and resets the timer; if you don't hit drops and timer goes off you have to start over on it.

#5426 5 years ago

Looking to trade a MET pro towards a Star Wars,
Let me know if anyone is interested

#5427 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Typically, I'd agree with you and held off updating my GOT for the same reasons. But I updated to 1.05 today and Man, it's like the best SW update yet! Lol. Sound is fixed and hoth never bricks, locks shots into place so well. Night and day difference for me.

#5428 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

But I updated to 1.05 today and Man, it's like the best SW update yet! Lol. Sound is fixed and hoth never bricks, locks shots into place so well. Night and day difference for me.

Right, I never did 1.04 so I didn;t have any of those issues with mine.

#5429 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Right, I never did 1.04 so I didn;t have any of those issues with mine.

I never did 1.04 either but I've always had the hoth shot reject and come back out 75% of the time; now it locks in place every time. And my quirky sound issues are gone it seems too.

#5430 5 years ago

Will 1.05 update benefit premium owners or is it geared towards pro owners?

#5431 5 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Will 1.05 update benefit premium owners or is it geared towards pro owners?

Yes. Audio improvements

#5432 5 years ago

With 1.05 I adjusted the treble and bass levels to see what sounded best and at some settings I hear what almost sounds as a soggy effect at some points. This would disappear at other settings.

#5433 5 years ago

Im looking to trade my Star Wars Pro for iron maiden , Metallica or Aerosmith

#5434 5 years ago
Quoted from Londonpinball:

Looking to trade a MET pro towards a Star Wars,
Let me know if anyone is interested

I have a Star Wars pro might do something in trade for Met. Im fairly local (Oakville). also looking for Iron Maiden, Aerosmith.

#5435 5 years ago

Can someone link the post with how to cue up the Dead Flip video. I can't seem to find it. Wondering if its still in the newest code and didn't go the way of 'midnight madness'.

#5436 5 years ago

L and R
L-L-L-L
R
L-L-L-L-L
R L
R-R

#5437 5 years ago
Quoted from Jaeg:

Can someone link the post with how to cue up the Dead Flip video. I can't seem to find it. Wondering if its still in the newest code and didn't go the way of 'midnight madness'.

What is this?

#5438 5 years ago

It's a secret code that turns your game into WrestleMania

#5439 5 years ago
Quoted from imagamejunky:

It's a secret code that turns your game into WrestleMania

I can see why they’d keep it secret.

#5440 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

I can see why they’d keep it secret.

LMAO!

#5441 5 years ago

Anyone have a shaker in their Pro? How is it integrated? Varying intensity? On at different times? Thinking about getting one...

#5442 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Pat:

Anyone have a shaker in their Pro? How is it integrated? Varying intensity? On at different times? Thinking about getting one...

It goes off every time you destroy a Tie Fighter, and is more noticeable during Tie Fighter Assault when you are bashing the lock bar button. It will go off during some cut scenes, like destroying the Death Star during the Battle above Endor. It will also go off during the match sequence explosion scene. The Tie Fighter rumbles are not too crazy. I think it shakes most during the match sequence. I think it also may go off very subtly when you make a shot for a mode, though I am having a brain fart at the moment and can't be sure. I find the shaking in Star Wars a lot less intense and better integrated than the one that happens during the beginning of Storage Facility Multiball on Ghostbusters, or Electric Chair Multiball on Metallica for example.

#5443 5 years ago

Thanks for the info. I found it pretty underwhelming integration wise in Ghostbusters.

#5444 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Pat:

Thanks for the info. I found it pretty underwhelming integration wise in Ghostbusters.

What?! The super jackpot sequence alone makes it worth it on GB!

#5445 5 years ago

Still loving the deep, mode based gameplay.

My only gripe is the lack of custom animations during modes. For instance, during Hoth, Endor, Tatooine, etc. the screen defaults to inside the X-Wing until you make a shot.

Having a speeder race in Endor? You’re in space.

Trying to take down an AT-AT? You’re in space.

If the code defaulted to a mode specific screen in between shots, I think the immersion would be much better.

For instance, change the screen to a rushing forest on the speeder bike during Endor, inside the snowspeeder during Hoth, and inside the landspeeder during Tatooine.

Leave the X-Wing screen during Death Star.

#5446 5 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Still loving the deep, mode based gameplay.
My only gripe is the lack of custom animations during modes. For instance, during Hoth, Endor, Tatooine, etc. the screen defaults to inside the X-Wing until you make a shot.
Having a speeder race in Endor? You’re in space.
Trying to take down an AT-AT? You’re in space.
If the code defaulted to a mode specific screen in between shots, I think the immersion would be much better.
For instance, change the screen to a rushing forest on the speeder bike during Endor, inside the snowspeeder during Hoth, and inside the landspeeder during Tatooine.
Leave the X-Wing screen during Death Star.

Is the default screen really space while you’re in those modes on Endor, Tatooine, and hoth?

#5447 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinball-Pat:

It goes off when you hit an asteroid in video mode. You can adjust the use of the shaker motor in the service menu.

#5448 5 years ago
Quoted from chubtoad13:

Is the default screen really space while you’re in those modes on Endor, Tatooine, and hoth?

Yeah. Once you hit a mode shot, the display shows a clip from the applicable movie.

My point is that the default screen in between shots would be more awesome-o if you were in a snowspeeder, land speeder, etc.

#5449 5 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Yeah. Once you hit a mode shot, the display shows a clip from the applicable movie.
My point is that the default screen in between shots would be more awesome-o if you were in a snowspeeder, land speeder, etc.

Good points, didn't really think about this until you posted it and your right.

#5450 5 years ago

I might install 1.05 for the sole reason of getting @kermit24's 6.5B GC score off my game!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

8,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Potomac, MD
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 21.50
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Palm Springs, CA
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

5,750 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Alexandria, VA
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,046 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 301.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/109?hl=flamingo43 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.