20230222_084649 (resized).jpg
20230222_085316 (resized).jpg
20230222_084653 (resized).jpg
20230222_084538 (resized).jpg
20230222_084535 (resized).jpg
20230222_084134 (resized).jpg
20230222_084126 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 14,972 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 300.
#5301 5 years ago

Is there a way to skip out on video mode, lightsaber duel? Like If Im playing and Im trying to blow up the death star, and these pop up, is there a way I can skip them and cont with my mode? The lightsaber duel is fun, but that video mode with the asteroids is kind of lame
Thanks

#5302 5 years ago

I don't think so, but lightsaber duel shouldn't start until you're finished with a mode.

#5303 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Is there a way to skip out on video mode, lightsaber duel? Like If Im playing and Im trying to blow up the death star, and these pop up, is there a way I can skip them and cont with my mode? The lightsaber duel is fun, but that video mode with the asteroids is kind of lame
Thanks

Video mode: try to avoid the shot once it's lit, no need to shoot it unless going for hoth.
Lightsaber duel: no way to avoid it

#5304 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Is there a way to skip out on video mode, lightsaber duel?

Don't activate them or shoot the shots to start them.

#5305 5 years ago

Makes sense LSD just popping up...ITS A DUEL! I dislike lit and nobody wants to do it, but you have to go through it to get to the end. Don't really see any reason to skip the video mode either...free points

#5306 5 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

but you have to go through it to get to the end.

If you're going for the end, which they weren't.

Quoted from TKDalumni:

Don't really see any reason to skip the video mode either...free points

If I'm not playing for score I usually just check my email or something while I wait for it to finish There's no other purpose to it besides points, which seems a waste

#5307 5 years ago

I don’t get all the hate on LSD and the video mode. It’s kinda weird to want to skip modes/challenges to get to a certain part of the game. If you want to get to that point, just take the glass off and trigger the shots manually. When you get to the point you want, hold the ball, replace the glass, and continue to play. If the above sounds like cheating...it is. I think both modes...in fact all modes of SW are great, and if it takes me 10 years to beat it by playing the modes as they were meant...sounds like a challenge...bring it on.

#5308 5 years ago

Does LSD come back for a second time if you beat it? Cause i have never had it twice in a game, but i beat it periodically.

#5309 5 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I don’t get all the hate on LSD and the video mode. ...

it's strictly aboot the home market and 2018 attitudes. Now that everyone pays 5k+ for a machine they feel like the entire experience should be catered towards them.

#5310 5 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I don’t get all the hate on LSD and the video mode. It’s kinda weird to want to skip modes/challenges to get to a certain part of the game. If you want to get to that point, just take the glass off and trigger the shots manually. When you get to the point you want, hold the ball, replace the glass, and continue to play. If the above sounds like cheating...it is. I think both modes...in fact all modes of SW are great, and if it takes me 10 years to beat it by playing the modes as they were meant...sounds like a challenge...bring it on.

I'm not trying to get past them, I'm trying to do other things that are more fun, like destroying the death star, and they get in the way. Yesterday I was specifically trying to get to hoth as Leia and multiple games lsd got in the way and locked me out.

#5311 5 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Does LSD come back for a second time if you beat it? Cause i have never had it twice in a game, but i beat it periodically.

with the more recent versions of the code, LSD doesn't come back until you've completed the battle with the Emperor. Before a code update it was annoying because I'd get LSD like 3 + times in a game and it slowed me down trying to complete the other objectives.

#5312 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Yesterday I was specifically trying to get to hoth as Leia and multiple games lsd got in the way and locked me out.

Game is designed so you can do what you want, Just take the glass off.

#5313 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I'm not trying to get past them, I'm trying to do other things that are more fun, like destroying the death star, and they get in the way

I think destroying the Deathstar should be difficult to do. If I could pop it open too often, it’d get boring. I’ve done it a half dozen times or so in both Endor and the whole Deathstar. Since it’s hard to do, sure feels great when you get there. I really want to load the hyperloop with all six balls, but I guess I just need to play better

#5314 5 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I think destroying the Deathstar should be difficult to do. If I could pop it open too often, it’d get boring. I’ve done it a half dozen times or so in both Endor and the whole Deathstar. Since it’s hard to do, sure feels great when you get there. I really want to load the hyperloop with all six balls, but I guess I just need to play better

Destroying the Deathstar is difficult to do, because you need to get through some tough deathstar modes and make tons of tough shots in multiball and you only get one attempt. LSD has nothing to do with it though, it's not one of the 3 deathstar modes, it's not a requirement. At least "destroy the deathstar", as a story line, has a slight relationship to LSD... But if I'm playing through the 'hoth' story, and suddenly ben has to duel vader in the middle, it doesn't make any sense.
Every other mode I can choose to start or avoid, only LSD locks you out.

#5315 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

...But if I'm playing through the 'hoth' story, and suddenly ben has to duel vader in the middle, it doesn't make any sense.

Ha, probably because it's a non linear game not a linear movie.

#5316 5 years ago

Haha Dwight can’t win.
Gb was creamed for being To linear. WHich I like the freedom like in sw. you can go in order if u want

#5317 5 years ago

Linear code = Bad

Star Wars code = Awesome!

I'm never going to complain about the non-linear aspects of SW!

#5318 5 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

I'm never going to complain about the non-linear aspects of SW

No one is?

#5319 5 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Two possibilities:
1. The gate rod is tight against the play field and cannot move freely
Or
2. When you re tightened the screw last tinge you did so with not enough spring tension on the gate, so there's not enough force to close the gate at once.
Fixing that is rather easy, theoretically, BUT doing it at the right spring tension requires patience, multiple attempts and the right attitude to get right. This is because you need to hold the gate against the spring force while OPEN, in the right way that it will be in the right spot when closed, and at the same time at the right distance to the play field. It's aggravatingly annoying because you need to look at both sides of the play field at the same time and need three hands to hold everything still and a forth to tighten the screw while doing it. That's why a bunch of people here have given up. One dude even removed the gate altogether, lol.

I went today to fix the escape gate and now it is working fine. I guess I will wait until it has a problem again.

#5320 5 years ago
Quoted from monte_:

I went today to fix the escape gate and now it is working fine.

Thumbs up!

#5321 5 years ago

With this code and mode debate going on all I can ask is...where's the topper? lol

#5322 5 years ago

Never cared myself obviously, but I can't believe anyone gives a shit at this point. I mean seriously it's so far gone now it's comedic.

#5323 5 years ago

Quick question... is there any advantage to completing the Modes’s/multiballs in the order they occur in the movies? I have tried the do this and came close once but then wondered if there was any point. Passing to light another mode and get two going at once is an obvious and great strategy I use often now. Basically can run modes 3 times and get all multiballs lit.

#5324 5 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Quick question... is there any advantage to completing the Modes’s/multiballs in the order they occur in the movies? I have tried the do this and came close once but then wondered if there was any point. Passing to light another mode and get two going at once is an obvious and great strategy I use often now. Basically can run modes 3 times and get all multiballs lit.

No advantage besides feeling cool. I usually play whatever color has the least modes left, and stack in another if they have good shot combinations

#5325 5 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I don’t get all the hate on LSD and the video mode.

Video mode is okay, but feels really pointless (mundane) if you have 1x or 2x for example. No extra ball or other bonus to find in the asteroid field....

LSD really could use the Ben speech like: "Only a master of Evil Darth!".

Rob

#5326 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I say that line everytime during the LSD startup.

#5327 5 years ago
Quoted from Crile1:

I say that line everytime during the LSD startup.

Uhh I say that line every time also. Lol

I did video mode 3 with 40X and got 800,000,000 last night.

#5328 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Video mode is okay, but feels really pointless (mundane) if you have 1x or 2x for example. No extra ball or other bonus to find in the asteroid field....
Rob

I do agree with both of these. I think the video mode is awesome with a high multiplyer, but 1x or 2x...really sucks. Drives me nuts when I increase the multiplyer, hit the video mode, and then find out that that increase decreased my arrows...thus making it a 1x.

LSD would be cool with more speech, but I do love the light show. Plus, if you practice, you can clear it pretty quick.

#5329 5 years ago

Can you all tell me what the “level” indicator on video mode means? I know what the multiplier means but not sure about level

#5330 5 years ago
Quoted from paynemic:

Can you all tell me what the “level” indicator on video mode means? I know what the multiplier means but not sure about level

??

#5331 5 years ago

It goes up each time you play video mode. Higher scoring, I think it goes 1x, 1.5x, 2x, etc

#5332 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

It goes up each time you play video mode. Higher scoring, I think it goes 1x, 1.5x, 2x, etc

I’ll have to pay attention next time. This is what I like about SW...always more to learn.

#5333 5 years ago

Not too crazy about the video mode. I set it as short as possible.

#5334 5 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

LSD would be cool with more speech, but I do love the light show. Plus, if you practice, you can clear it pretty quick.

Next time you play, look at the character inserts and see if they correspond to the escaping character.

Rob

#5335 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Level 1 then 2..... I don't think I've been past 2, but it certainly seems to have more asteroids.

Rob

#5336 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Level 1 then 2..... I don't think I've been past 2, but it certainly seems to have more asteroids.
Rob

I think I had level 3 a few times... Didn't really notice it getting much harder, but that'd be cool

#5337 5 years ago

Hmm, don't understand the above comments on LSD, I played it last night at Level 257 and got to the mode scored 257,000,000 (don't know why) but put my initials on the game.

I was very excited to get there and thought it was very cool and a selling point to own the game.

#5338 5 years ago
Quoted from indybru:

Hmm, don't understand the above comments on LSD, I played it last night at Level 257 and got to the mode scored 257,000,000 (don't know why) but put my initials on the game.
I was very excited to get there and thought it was very cool and a selling point to own the game.

It was cool the first five times, but now it's like a zombie. It's almost too easy to get to once you have any okay game. If it was as hard to get to as boba fett is, it probably wouldn't be as annoying as it would still have that cool 'accomplishment' factor. Boba Fett feels like much more of an achievement as you have to actually work to get there. LSD just happens by accident off the drop targets

#5339 5 years ago

LSD is awesome mode. The way the 3 color GI is integrated is fantastic. Such an iconic moment from Episode IV is captured perfectly. Also with the new code, you only need to beat it once per character. Don't follow the complaints.

#5340 5 years ago

I love LSD, but agree that there are times that it becomes an inconvenience when I am focused on getting to a planet multiball. Since they stop the ball at mode start anyway, I'd like to see the option to play or skip, just like the planet modes have. Doing that would fit in nicely with the structure of the rest of the game being a "choose what you want to do" / non-linear game. It would also be a nice risk/reward decision as if you end up with a great game and getting close to Jedi, you might regret not playing it the first time around. I'd set it up so if you decide to skip it, you have to go through all five drop bank completions again for another shot at it. That would definitely put some weight behind the decision. I do really appreciate that the mode is no longer repeated until after Jedi.

As for video mode...I enjoy it, but in a perfect world I would rather see an additional normal mode for Hoth 1 with the video mode being only used when video mode is lit. The game needs some tauntauns and Wampa, and Hoth 1 would be a great opportunity for a mode based on that scene! Then video mode would be stand alone only, preferably skippable like in Game of Thrones. If skipped, be required to requalify...and adding a different reward such as a hidden extra ball in the asteroid field would be a nice addition and extra incentive to play.

Of course both of these are just my "perfect world" wishes. The game is completely awesome as-is and I do not hate how those two modes work now.

#5341 5 years ago

One thing that came to my mind just now. It would be cool to have a mode that intentionally utilizes that strobe effect to make it hard for you to see the ball. Not slow like in boba fett escape but fast to really give you that super terrible stop-motion.

Anyway. Just a thought.

#5342 5 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

One thing that came to my mind just now. It would be cool to have a mode that intentionally utilizes that strobe effect to make it hard for you to see the ball. Not slow like in boba fett escape but fast to really give you that super terrible stop-motion.
Anyway. Just a thought.

Your eyes are amazing... I can barely see a thing during Boba Fett. That would be cool. Probably get sued

#5343 5 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Anyway. Just a thought.

Game of Thrones does stuff like this. Winter is Coming hurry-ups and Winter Has Come mini-wizard both have crazy strobe lighting effects that honestly feel like trying to see and battle through a heavy blizzard. Some people love it, some people hate it. I find it incredibly immersive. I love things like this when used in proper context to add to the "story". Not sure where it would be used in Star Wars with the same effectiveness...but that would be a nice addition if they would add the tauntaun / Wampa mode I mention above!

#5344 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Your eyes are amazing...

It's also a bit of a curse. I had to stop video gaming as a teenager because no matter how expensive hardware I used, I would still see my games stutter... Sucked. Analogue pinball luckily can't do that

#5345 5 years ago
Quoted from Jediturtle:

I love LSD, but agree that there are times that it becomes an inconvenience when I am focused on getting to a planet multiball. Since they stop the ball at mode start anyway, I'd like to see the option to play or skip, just like the planet modes have. Doing that would fit in nicely with the structure of the rest of the game being a "choose what you want to do" / non-linear game. It would also be a nice risk/reward decision as if you end up with a great game and getting close to Jedi, you might regret not playing it the first time around. I'd set it up so if you decide to skip it, you have to go through all five drop bank completions again for another shot at it. That would definitely put some weight behind the decision. I do really appreciate that the mode is no longer repeated until after Jedi.
As for video mode...I enjoy it, but in a perfect world I would rather see an additional normal mode for Hoth 1 with the video mode being only used when video mode is lit. The game needs some tauntauns and Wampa, and Hoth 1 would be a great opportunity for a mode based on that scene! Then video mode would be stand alone only, preferably skippable like in Game of Thrones. If skipped, be required to requalify...and adding a different reward such as a hidden extra ball in the asteroid field would be a nice addition and extra incentive to play.
Of course both of these are just my "perfect world" wishes. The game is completely awesome as-is and I do not hate how those two modes work now.

Agree 100% on the video mode suggestion. It would really be perfection if hoth 1 was a normal mode to be added and the video is only active when lit.

#5346 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

Agree 100% on the video mode suggestion. It would really be perfection if hoth 1 was a normal mode to be added and the video is only active when lit.

Adding the EB in there would definitely be cool too. Or maybe you could hit say a green arrow in the video mode and it would spot you a green arrow on the PF, etc? Make progress on difficult shots in video mode if you're paying attention. Maybe stick some TIE fighters in there for you to destroy...

#5347 5 years ago
Quoted from Psw757:

hoth 1 was a normal mode

One engaging the bumpers. We don't have any that do, currently.

#5348 5 years ago

Id rather have the game electrocute you with the lockdown bar than add more strobe light sequences...

Would be really immersive battling the emperor

#5349 5 years ago

Yeah, I’m not a fan of the strobe a-go-go modes in GOT. No need to add that sort of thing into SW, which has an excellent light show as-is, thank you very much!

#5350 5 years ago

Hey guys, Ive been playing my Star Wars more and more and more. Its actually a pretty amazing game! Im glad I didn't sell it, I was about to because I was getting frustrated.. but took it off pinside classifieds once I actually figured out what was going on. But I still dont get some of the modes. So if I do r2d2, do the bunker, destroy it, then I get battle over endor. Then I only get one chance to destroy death star?? If Loose ball there is no way to try again? Also is there a death star trench run or not?
Thanks

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Bay Shore, NY
There are 14,972 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 300.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/107?hl=monte_ and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.