IMG_8600 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6632 (resized).jpeg
sw1 (resized).JPEG
sw2 (resized).JPEG
sw3 (resized).JPEG
sw4 (resized).JPEG

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,046 posts in this topic. You are on page 105 of 301.
#5201 5 years ago

I'm sure its been posted before. I just got a NIB. Death Star wont close al the way. Probably misaligned. Messed with it but cant see to fix it. Anyone have same issue as got it resolved. Thanks.

IMG_1922 (resized).jpgIMG_1922 (resized).jpg
#5202 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Has anyone made this adjustment with success? If so do they want to share their secrets for adjustment? Mine seems flush but maybe not? I dunno...

Honestly I am having the same issue quite frequently. My post is as flush as it gets, but the issue persists. I'd also like to understand how flushness translates into quicker rising of the post...

#5203 5 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

Honestly I am having the same issue quite frequently. My post is as flush as it gets, but the issue persists. I'd also like to understand how flushness translates into quicker rising of the post...

Have you cleaned your optos / checked them in switch test?

#5204 5 years ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

I'm sure its been posted before. I just got a NIB. Death Star wont close al the way. Probably misaligned. Messed with it but cant see to fix it. Anyone have same issue as got it resolved. Thanks.

For this I put a tiny amount of lube (I think lithium grease) to the two hinges of the Death Star. No problems since.

#5205 5 years ago

Thanks Kermit. I am going to try that now.

#5206 5 years ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

Thanks Kermit. I am going to try that now.

Cool. Never use something like WD-40 on anything pinball related.

#5207 5 years ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

There are thumb screws to adjust the closure point of the DS (at least I think there are two, maybe just one, been a while since I messed with it) that should help you out with that. Check the manual for location, thumb screw(s) won’t leap out at you when viewed from above.

#5208 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

There are thumb screws to adjust the closure point of the DS (at least I think there are two, maybe just one, been a while since I messed with it) that should help you out with that. Check the manual for location, thumb screw(s) won’t leap out at you when viewed from above.

The thumb screws are under the playfield?

#5209 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

The thumb screws are under the playfield?

Nope, above the playfield but just under the DS itself, so not easily visible from above. Should be pictured in the manual.

#5210 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Nope, above the playfield but just under the DS itself, so not easily visible from above. Should be pictured in the manual.

Thank you. I never knew that. Mine stays just a teeny bit open and it has never bothered me enough to mess with it, but now I feel like I have to

#5211 5 years ago

Ok So I fixed the problem. I took the playfield out and there is a Y shaped bracket that connects to the Coil Rod. Coil activates and both sides of the DS open. Both brackets tightened with a Hex Screw. My issue no one at stern tightened one of the Y brackets. That along with the out gate not opening (It was too tight)

Now I put everything back and I have a Node Board 9 & 11 Failure (11 is on the Back Panel) One of the Ethernet cables broke off.

#5212 5 years ago

I finally did it! First time to Jedi MB and I defeated the Emporer! I really never thought I would get there - what an epic game. Missed out on destroying the main Death Star though. I was doing great with the multiplier the whole game.

20180708_132938 (resized).jpg20180708_132938 (resized).jpg
#5213 5 years ago
Quoted from PinballCharlie:

I finally did it! First time to Jedi MB and I defeated the Emporer! I really never thought I would get there - what an epic game. Missed out on destroying the main Death Star though. I was doing great with the multiplier the whole game.

That’s a massive score! Well done.

#5214 5 years ago

I finally did it!

Nice! Now you can move that outlane post up a bit

#5215 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Nice! Now you can move that outlane post up a bit

LOL - or take more discreet photos; well played!

#5216 5 years ago

Great score, well done! Which character did you select first and then change to after defeating the Emperor?

#5217 5 years ago
Quoted from Hoochoo:

Great score, well done! Which character did you select first and then change to after defeating the Emperor?

Thanks Hoochoo! I started as Han Solo and focused on Escape from Boba Fett then switched to Princess Leia after defeating the Emperor. It was strange just starting over from the beginning after completing the game - kinda felt ripped off. But I suppose there is not much else you could do. My kids were watching while I was fighting the Emperor - that was a sweet mode!

Every month I give my kids incentive to play pinball - like $10 for anyone that can get a GC score. I think my money is safe now in SW

#5218 5 years ago

3 ball or 10 ball?

#5219 5 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

3 ball or 10 ball?

3 ball - extra balls default except for special which I don't think I ever got in SW. But I do have my outlanes on the bottom peg.

#5220 5 years ago

But I do have my outlanes on the bottom peg.

Same on my game as well, otherwise the outlanes are just brutal.

Rob

#5221 5 years ago

Wow that's an epic high score, congrats !!
The left outline is so brutal on mine, never get to the JM

#5222 5 years ago

Sweet!!

466338CC-C6EE-485B-AAD4-303007026B92 (resized).jpeg466338CC-C6EE-485B-AAD4-303007026B92 (resized).jpeg
#5223 5 years ago

Has anyone found a source for replacement apron decals that don't have the epilepsy warning?

#5224 5 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Has anyone found a source for replacement apron decals that don't have the epilepsy warning?

Sounds like you've got a nefarious scheme in the works here

#5225 5 years ago

#where'sstarwarstoppah

401276EA-78C6-4F5D-8322-A172F2E14030 (resized).jpeg401276EA-78C6-4F5D-8322-A172F2E14030 (resized).jpeg

#5226 5 years ago

Actually made me go to the website to make sure this was a joke!

#5227 5 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Sounds like you've got a nefarious scheme in the works here

Count me in!

#5228 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

It could be good thing if Stern had been trying to opt for a cheaper / clean looking plastic topper. Disney could say "no it needs to metal", "the lens on R2 needs to be rounded, not flat", "R2 needs to look more weathered as that's the way he looks in Episodes 4-6, not new in Episodes 1-3". Stuff like that.

Doubtful. Lucasfilm has no problem licensing out cheap products.

It's more likely Stern and Ritchie were trying to do something unique with the topper, and it was too un-conventional for Lucasfilm.

#5229 5 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Doubtful. Lucasfilm has no problem licensing out cheap products.
It's more likely Stern and Ritchie were trying to do something unique with the topper, and it was too un-conventional for Lucasfilm.

Yeah, for real... I've seen bags of oranges with Star Wars licensing before, they don't give a shit lol.

#5230 5 years ago
Quoted from ktownhero:

Yeah, for real... I've seen bags of oranges with Star Wars licensing before, they don't give a shit lol.

A tasty, aromatic topper at an affordable price.

orange you gladorange you glad

Though it seems to have caused a bit of an internet uproar, so maybe Disney is compensating by refusing to approve pinball accoutrement.

#5231 5 years ago

ADORNMENT!!!!!

#5232 5 years ago

Hi guys ! So In hyper loop mb is there a way to rengage the hyperloop again. Or is it done. Thx

#5233 5 years ago
Quoted from Bartzenegger:

Hi guys ! So In hyper loop mb is there a way to rengage the hyperloop again. Or is it done. Thx

No hyperloop on pro but you can repair the hyperdrive so to speak and reinitiate the ball saver and ball feeding sequence. I believe once the initial feeding sequence is over, all shots light for what appears to be hurry up jackpots. Collect all those or a certain number of those and it’ll light the DS shot to start feeding again. Don’t know if these rules are the same on the LE/PREM or not though.

#5235 5 years ago

Anyone have a straight up reboot during a game? had a weird one with the hyperspace look running (premium)

#5236 5 years ago
Quoted from cocomonkeh:

Anyone have a straight up reboot during a game? had a weird one with the hyperspace look running (premium)

Yes. Do you have a shaker?

EDIT: Oh sorry, I was thikning of slam tilt not reboot.

#5237 5 years ago
Quoted from cocomonkeh:

Mine wasn’t rebooting, but kept tilting last night. At first I thought it was my shaker (never had a problem in the past). It was almost every ball. Then realized my wife had put the manual (which I had out), on top of the coin box. The manual shifted and was causing the tilt bob to trigger a tilt at the slightest movement. I have 50 people coming over this weekend...glad it was an easy fix! If yours keeps rebooting, try reinstalling the code.

#5238 5 years ago

I have 2 sets of the Stern Star Wars pinblades, if anyone was looking to buy just 1 set instead of all 3 from Stern.

#5239 5 years ago

Hey guys I posted earlier about my LE just draining like crazy especially on the right. I tried adjusting those posts but I got scared I would scratch the playfield..they are hard to get at! Is there just like a bigger rubber thingy I can put on the top so it doesnt drain as much?

#5240 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I tried adjusting those posts but I got scared I would scratch the playfield..they are hard to get at!

Uhm... No they're not. Rate the Mayfield and loosen the nut on the underside. Gently tap them out from below. Re insert into the lower hole, replace but, tighten, done.

The tricky part is that the clear coat might have run into and narrowed the lower hole. Use a wood drill with your hand (not a machine) and gently rotate it and remove the excess clear. It takes patience that's all. No force.

#5241 5 years ago

Ok guys, Star Wars Premium or Iron Maiden Premium? Which would you choose? Star Wars discussion in episode below.

EPIC SDTM This Or That? including Star Wars vs Iron Maiden and Batman ‘66, plus Battle of the Best Pizza!

#5242 5 years ago

I agree 100% with greg about the hyper loop!

#5243 5 years ago

Edit: Posted in the wrong Thread, sry

#5244 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Ok guys, Star Wars Premium or Iron Maiden Premium? Which would you choose? Star Wars discussion in episode below.
EPIC SDTM This Or That? including Star Wars vs Iron Maiden and Batman ‘66, plus Battle of the Best Pizza!

Hey Zach!
SW Prem! Not even a contest!

Junky aka Fish_n_Pinball

#5245 5 years ago
Quoted from PBMAN:

Same issue for mine that I took delivery of last week. I had to trim the death star bit on the back side, it was hitting, so i trimmed a bit with the exacto. Then for me, it was actually the mechanism by the coil, i loosened the 2 set screws on the shafts, and the death star close up just fine, so i had to attach things and realign and it works perfect now. I had posted a pic in the LE Issues/problems thread.

I also had to adjust the mystery hole, haha, never gets old... now i'm hitting left flipper 99% of the time instead of STDM. My ball gate on the right outlane was too tight and wouldn't move either, so just loosened that and the gate works great now.

All in all, relatively minor issues overall.

Really enjoying the game, first game i've bought without playing, but it's been a blast so far. Sold my AFMr and this was a very good replacement and I think a better game.

#5246 5 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Get both.

#5247 5 years ago

Yes, there is only one right answer: Get both! I have both now in my collection and I am very happy with both. They play very unique and so I have a very good mix of games. I realy can‘t say that I would prefer one of my games over an other.

#5248 5 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

Yes, there is only one right answer: Get both! I have both now in my collection and I am very happy with both. They play both very unique and so I have now a very good mix of games. I realy can‘t say that I would prefer one of my games over an other.

Nice line-up you have.

#5249 5 years ago

Here's a little exercise I'd like everyone to try with your game if you are able. Make sure you are in a generally quiet room. Now start your game (don't plunge yet) and listen closely to the crisp and clean sound coming from the backbox speakers. Now stick your head down under the cabinet and listen to that same sound from the cabinet speaker. If you haven't noticed a difference yet, reach up and hit the lock bar button to launch the ball and listen to the call outs. Notice any problems?

#5250 5 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

Notice any problems?

Not really no...what am i missing?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Portland, OR
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

7,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Appleton, WI
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

$ 22.95
Playfield - Plastics
RGP Models

$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 114.00
Lighting - Backbox
The MOD Couple

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 218.00
Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

$ 18.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 15,046 posts in this topic. You are on page 105 of 301.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/105?hl=cocomonkeh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.