IMG_8600 (resized).jpeg
IMG_8599 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6632 (resized).jpeg
sw1 (resized).JPEG
sw2 (resized).JPEG
sw3 (resized).JPEG
sw4 (resized).JPEG

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 15,046 posts in this topic. You are on page 104 of 301.
#5151 5 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

One of the green leds on the deathstar went out today.

When I destroy the death star I usually complete the job and don't stop after one LED... :b

#5152 5 years ago

A while back I posted about my screen (main and mini) getting stuck on tie fighter assault when my game ended. It seemed at random, but I figured it out. If I drain my last ball during tie fighter assault, only when I’m playing tournament (I have a tournament button on my machine). In normal play, it doesn’t do it. My wife and I almost always play tournament (yes, we are that competitive). Has anyone experienced this (those that play tournaments)? Updating code doesn’t fix it.

#5153 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Stern of the Union July address tomorrow...maybe we will hear something about the topper? Maybe? Lol

Gomez mentioned the topper at pintastic, said the delay was basically due to the Lucas film studio being very particular about things, such as colors. He made it sound like r2d2 would be released very soon.

#5154 5 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

One of the green leds on the deathstar went out today. . I have a call in to Stern to get a new Superlaser assembly. Looks like it should be pretty easy to replace.

Are they gonna warranty that?

#5155 5 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Are they gonna warranty that?

Not sure. I will know more tomorrow. I got disconnected from Dorothy and left a message, but she hasn’t called back.

#5156 5 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Gomez mentioned the topper at pintastic, said the delay was basically due to the Lucas film studio being very particular about things, such as colors. He made it sound like r2d2 would be released very soon.

Awesome, good to hear. I bet Lucas Films requirements will end up making it a better topper.

Here's some more info from Sterns July Stern of the Union address

"The Star Wars topper is in the final phase of production development and approvals. We’ll make a formal announcement once it’s available."

#5157 5 years ago

Topper info Finally!
I have hyperspace mb question. It seems like I can only get 3 balls in at once on the le version is this true?

#5158 5 years ago
Quoted from Bartzenegger:

Topper info Finally!
I have hyperspace mb question. It seems like I can only get 3 balls in at once on the le version is this true?

I have a prem...game play same as LE...I’ve had four. I’m guessing if your a pinball wizard, 6 is possible.

#5159 5 years ago

Topper info Finally!

3 is fine and will easily max out the shot values to 5 million. I may have done 4 once, but 3 is tough enough as it is. There is no advantage to 4 other than scoring another hurry up value.

Rob

#5160 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

Awesome, good to hear. I bet Lucas Films requirements will end up making it a better topper.

I hope you are right. Previous experience with license holders meddling seems to produce the opposite. This has been an extended meddle too...

#5161 5 years ago

Last night I hit the Hyperspace MB with 3 balls and a 40x and it was worth 1.3 billion. Holy Crap! Turned into my best game so far at 3.7 B.

#5162 5 years ago
Quoted from Iceman:

Has anyone have a reset with the latest code? Today it happened to me. I had escape from death star I know I hit the stand up targets under the mini screen. Next thing all the lights went on and the screen froze. But the weird thing my flippers still worked for 5 seconds. Then the machine shut down and resets. Never had that happen before.

Had the same thing. And the Hoth "lock" is messed up again. Does not capture the ball when Hoth is lit. Posts go down, both sides. (entrance and exit)....I put back previous code to check...no problem there, working ok, put in 1.04.o0 gain and sucks.......so it's the code.

#5163 5 years ago

Had a GREAT game with my friend kermit24 last night.

First ball was ~100M for each. He blew up ball 2 and had 1.6B. I too blew up ball 2 and ended with 1.8B. His ball 3 was incredible. All the way though Jedi and the start of the next character. 6.3B. He completed Endor, Hoth and Tatooine and was 1 shot away from completing Death Star MB! It was incredible to watch. Needless to say I couldn't catch up and finished with 2B.

What a GREAT machine! Such great theme integration, lights, sounds, shots are fun! The whole package!

#5164 5 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

I hope you are right. Previous experience with license holders meddling seems to produce the opposite. This has been an extended meddle too...

It could be good thing if Stern had been trying to opt for a cheaper / clean looking plastic topper. Disney could say "no it needs to metal", "the lens on R2 needs to be rounded, not flat", "R2 needs to look more weathered as that's the way he looks in Episodes 4-6, not new in Episodes 1-3". Stuff like that.

#5165 5 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

Had a GREAT game with a friend last night.
First ball was ~100M for each. He blew up ball 2 and had 1.6B. I too blew up ball 2 and ended with 1.8B. His ball 3 was incredible. All the way though Jedi and the start of the next character. 6.3B. He completed Endor, Hoth and Tatooine and was 1 shot away from completing Death Star MB! It was incredible to watch. Needless to say I couldn't catch up and finished with 2B.
What a GREAT machine! Such great theme integration, lights, sounds, shots are fun! The whole package!

Fully agree. I’m having such a good time on this. Two games last night nearly achieving Jedi. In one, playing as Leia, I was missing Buba Fett; I got it started, made it to the left orbit shot > hit post, drained, game over doh! The other was as Luke and missed it by one multiball but managed a 1.2 bil LSD. Such a fun, but brutally addicting game.

#5166 5 years ago

Not bad for tournament play...no extra balls. Missed blowing up the deathstar though . Wife isn’t too happy, she had a bad game.

F57AE44C-9D5A-4569-B9F2-D621EAB178CC (resized).jpegF57AE44C-9D5A-4569-B9F2-D621EAB178CC (resized).jpeg
#5167 5 years ago
Quoted from Bramvk:

Had the same thing. And the Hoth "lock" is messed up again. Does not capture the ball when Hoth is lit. Posts go down, both sides. (entrance and exit)....I put back previous code to check...no problem there, working ok, put in 1.04.o0 gain and sucks.......so it's the code.

I haven't updated my game yet. I will try it maybe tonight and see if this happens for me too.

Rob

#5168 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Fully agree. I’m having such a good time on this. Two games last night nearly achieving Jedi. In one, playing as Leia, I was missing Buba Fett; I got it started, made it to the left orbit shot > hit post, drained, game over doh! The other was as Luke and missed it by one multiball but managed a 1.2 bil LSD. Such a fun, but brutally addicting game.

Are you stacking missions?

Rob

#5169 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Are you stacking missions?
Rob

No have it turned off. I’ve thought about putting it back on just to see how it is though.

#5170 5 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

It could be good thing if Stern had been trying to opt for a cheaper / clean looking plastic topper. Disney could say "no it needs to metal", "the lens on R2 needs to be rounded, not flat", "R2 needs to look more weathered as that's the way he looks in Episodes 4-6, not new in Episodes 1-3". Stuff like that.

Well I hope you are right. I just wonder why it could be taking so long. My fear is that Disney won't like a toy that can light up, spin its head and make noise because people will be buying them who don't even have the pinball machine. They might be making Stern neuter it to be only usable as a topper.

Quoted from Eskaybee:

No have it turned off. I’ve thought about putting it back on just to see how it is though.

I'm going to have to try it with stacking off at some point. Does it affect scoring and/or progress through the game much?

#5171 5 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

Well I hope you are right. I just wonder why it could be taking so long. My fear is that Disney won't like a toy that can light up, spin its head and make noise because people will be buying them who don't even have the pinball machine. They might be making Stern neuter it to be only usable as a topper.

I would think they wouldn't care what people do with them as long as they get paid, no?

#5172 5 years ago

Anyone know if there Is a specific fix for rejected HOTH shots when it's supposed to hold the ball but bounces back instead? Mine just started doing this more and more the other week.

#5173 5 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

My fear is that Disney won't like a toy that can light up, spin its head and make noise because people will be buying them who don't even have the pinball machine.

I don’t think this is a concern. I’m guessing the game is needed to run the topper...integrated into the code of the game.

#5174 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Anyone know if there Is a specific fix for rejected HOTH shots when it's supposed to hold the ball but bounces back instead? Mine just started doing this more and more the other week.

Mine is doing the exact same thing. Spent 2 hours making sure my posts weren’t rubbing. They arent. In coil test they pop right up but during game play they come up a little, then all the way once the ball is back down to the flippers.

#5175 5 years ago
Quoted from Aflacjack:

Mine is doing the exact same thing. Spent 2 hours making sure my posts weren’t rubbing. They arent. In coil test they pop right up but during game play they come up a little, then all the way once the ball is back down to the flippers.

Happened to me the first time a week ago. Weird thing is I have been on the newest code for a lot longer than that.

#5176 5 years ago

I need some help. One of the green LEDs on the deathstar went out. I need a Superlaser Assembly (a small board that is mounted inside the deathstar with the LEDs on it). Part #511-9972-00. The game is 10 months old. I contacted Dorothy Brown from Stern. I’ve always been treated well by Stern. She had me contact Betson Imperial. When I called them, they acted like I was an operator or distributor. Wanted me to set up an account. When I explained I was just a guy who likes pinball and has a couple HUO games, they said I could make a one time purchase with a credit card, but they would have to send me a form to fill out first. I have contacted Stern again to see if the is the correct way to get the part. I then googled the part to see if I could find it on the Internet....I found one on eBay $199.99 Really! I’ve read the complaints about Spike/Spike 2, and how expensive the node boards are, but this is not a node board...it’s just a small array of LEDs. I hope Stern continues to come through for me. Or are there any pinsiders who have other ideas or sources?

#5177 5 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I need some help. One of the green LEDs on the deathstar went out. I need a Superlaser Assembly (a small board that is mounted inside the deathstar with the LEDs on it). Part #511-9972-00. The game is 10 months old. I contacted Dorothy Brown from Stern. I’ve always been treated well by Stern. She had me contact Betson Imperial. When I called them, they acted like I was an operator or distributor. Wanted me to set up an account. When I explained I was just a guy who likes pinball and has a couple HUO games, they said I could make a one time purchase with a credit card, but they would have to send me a form to fill out first. I have contacted Stern again to see if the is the correct way to get the part. I then googled the part to see if I could find it on the Internet....I found one on eBay $199.99 Really! I’ve read the complaints about Spike/Spike 2, and how expensive the node boards are, but this is not a node board...it’s just a small array of LEDs. I hope Stern continues to come through for me. Or are there any pinsiders who have other ideas or sources?

If you want to purchase one, contact Terry at Pinballlife. He is responsive and get the parts pretty quickly! [email protected]

Your other option is to try and buy some green LEDs and replace the defective one. I would buy a whole set so the colors match. Plenty of places on the net to buy them. Mouser, Digikey, etc. https://www.superbrightleds.com/ Just make sure to get LEDs that are physically the right size.

Might be worth pulling the assembly and reflowing the solder to that LED just in case it is a bad solder joint.

#5178 5 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Why not contact the distributor you bought the game from? Or is it second hand?

Rob

#5179 5 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Why not contact the distributor you bought the game from? Or is it second hand?
Rob

Thought about that. Small distributor, but great guy. I’ve been talking to terry at pinballLife. I thought the bigger distors might have it in stock, but they don’t. Terry said he will know price mid next week. I really was hoping to just get it direct from Stern, but no luck. Hopefully this small array of leds isn’t $200.

#5180 5 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Thought about that. Small distributor, but great guy. I’ve been talking to terry at pinballLife. I thought the bigger distors might have it in stock, but they don’t. Terry said he will know price mid next week. I really was hoping to just get it direct from Stern, but no luck. Hopefully this small array of leds isn’t $200.

Why isn’t this being covered under warranty?

#5181 5 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Contact your distributor, see if they can get you warranty coverage before you open your wallet.

#5182 5 years ago

Hi is there anyone that can Dropbox me code 1.03 for the LE? Thanks so much ! I have always wondered why updates have faults u would figure those bugs get found in testing. I see this all the time not just in pinball. HAVE MORE TESTERS!! Fail hahaha!

#5183 5 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

According to the book, this wouldn't be covered. The warranty is two months on circuit boards and six months on dmds.

#5184 5 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

According to the book, this wouldn't be covered. The warranty is two months on circuit boards and six months on dmds.

Stern frequently extends warranties when asked. I agree that is what is written, but in practice, they are far more generous.

#5185 5 years ago
Quoted from pintechev:

I didn’t think Stern covered much after 3 months...unless they felt like it.

Quoted from fosaisu:

Contact your distributor, see if they can get you warranty coverage before you open your wallet.

I think you’re right. I’ll contact him before opening my wallet. I thought it might be a $20-$30 part, but it’s looking like a lot more.

#5186 5 years ago

Ok quick question b4 sending me code 1.03! Does 1.04 work fine on the le? Thx

#5187 5 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I didn’t think Stern covered much after 3 months...unless they felt like it.

I think you’re right. I’ll contact him before opening my wallet. I thought it might be a $20-$30 part, but it’s looking like a lot more.

I have gotten parts well after warranty. I called and was polite and respectful to Chaz and he helped me out numerous times. Stern, in general, has exceptional support. Good luck.

Marc

#5188 5 years ago

I’ve played 20 or so games with 1.04 and haven’t had any issues

#5189 5 years ago

I too have had good luck with Stern. I was one who received a replacement field for my Met Pro due to ghosting. I totally agree, being polite is very important. I contacted my distro and he is on it. I should have started with him. I’m just used to contacting Stern directly, but this time was referred to a third party. Thanks for everyone’s help/input.

Doug

#5190 5 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

Quoted from pintechev:

I have gotten parts well after warranty. I called and was polite and respectful to Chaz and he helped me out numerous times. Stern, in general, has exceptional support.

I still haven’t seen an account of someone with a failed node board being denied warranty service if they go through their distributor. It’s an oddity, but Stern really does seem to go way beyond their (meager) written warranty. And it may be that they’re especially attuned to node board issues as a number of hobbyists remain suspicious of the Spike system.

#5191 5 years ago

Not just node boards; Stern has always been good with warranties.

#5192 5 years ago

Thx everyone. Sorry jumping in the middle of the other conversation guys.

#5193 5 years ago

I have heard repeatedly that Stern is good with coverage after the warranty. I have no doubt about it. I think that it's worth noting how short and unusable the actual written warranty is.

#5194 5 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

I have heard repeatedly that Stern is good with coverage after the warranty. I have no doubt about it. I think that it's worth noting how short and unusable the actual written warranty is.

Note away. Just don’t imply that people shouldn't bother seeking service outside the written warranty period, since Stern has a clearly established practice of providing it.

#5195 5 years ago

1.04 has been rock solid for me.

#5196 5 years ago

Still looking for thoughts and ideas on that HOTH shot. When its lit for mode start or video mode; 99% of the time if I shoot it with the right flipper it locks in perfect as it should. With the left flipper, however, it rejects back about 75% of the time. I played with it for hours last night and have no resolution. Im guessing the angle of the right flipper hits the horseshoe ramp just right where the fork posts catch it; and with the left flipper its going so fast it bounces back before the 2nd opto has a chance to register to fire the blocking up post. That make sense, anyone have ideas?

#5197 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Still looking for thoughts and ideas on that HOTH shot. When its lit for mode start or video mode; 99% of the time if I shoot it with the right flipper it locks in perfect as it should. With the left flipper, however, it rejects back about 75% of the time. I played with it for hours last night and have no resolution. Im guessing the angle of the right flipper hits the horseshoe ramp just right where the fork posts catch it; and with the left flipper its going so fast it bounces back before the 2nd opto has a chance to register to fire the blocking up post. That make sense, anyone have ideas?

From Stern:

PRO V1.03 - May 8, 2018
========================
NOTE - If you are seeing the ball bounce out of the inner loop after shooting
the hoth / video mode shot, please make sure your center post in the back
of the loop is adjusted flush with the playfield.

#5198 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

From Stern:
PRO V1.03 - May 8, 2018
========================

Thanks. mine is flush but I’ll play with it more and see if it helps.

#5199 5 years ago
Quoted from kermit24:

From Stern:
PRO V1.03 - May 8, 2018
========================

Has anyone made this adjustment with success? If so do they want to share their secrets for adjustment? Mine seems flush but maybe not? I dunno...

#5200 5 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

I hope Stern continues to come through for me. Or are there any pinsiders who have other ideas or sources?

Stern has excellent service. I would try calling Chas at 1-800-Kickers and explain your situation. Chas is the man

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 120.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Machine - For Sale
Nashville, TN
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 35.50
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
The MOD Couple

$ 21.50
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

5,999 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 49.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

Machine - For Sale
Vandalia, OH
$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 15,046 posts in this topic. You are on page 104 of 301.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/104?hl=aflacjack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.