20230222_084649 (resized).jpg
20230222_085316 (resized).jpg
20230222_084653 (resized).jpg
20230222_084538 (resized).jpg
20230222_084535 (resized).jpg
20230222_084134 (resized).jpg
20230222_084126 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 14,971 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 300.
#5001 5 years ago

Never had any issues with lighting but moving that multiplier around in Fett is the only way to go.

#5002 5 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

Heres a short clip of me Escaping Boba Fett while moving my 20x multiplier around to all the shots. Filmed this one a while back and never listed it because the channel content was getting a little too Star Wars heavy.
Shot sequence once you start Boba Fett is always the same... Left ramp, right loop, right ramp, left orbit, and finish it with a left ramp shot. Keep the hurry up alive/increase it by hitting the 3 bank targets under the playfield LCD. Being able to trap the ball and slow the game down is really the key for this machine. To start Boba Fett, shoot for the white shots, or just start shooting combos out of mode and the white shots should start appearing for you. This mode is especially hard because of the strobing GI. If your eyes arent great, I recommend turning on lights in the room to take a little bit of the strain off.
Good luck!

Thanks for posting that. It really underscores the importance of moving the multiplier around. 362M with 20X multiplier on each shot --- 18M if you ignore the multiplier or something between if you don't have it 1/2 maxed and move it from shot to shot. Could be 724M if you have the multiplier maxed at 40X

I love the strobe light effect of that mode. The lighting effects are one of the reasons I really love this game!

#5003 5 years ago

This game is so good. Dare I say underrated even.

#5004 5 years ago

I have a pro and love it. Very fast and fun game.

#5005 5 years ago

Enlighten me on Leia’s Power. She gets +3X during planet multiballs. Does that mean if you’re at 20X multiplier, you’re actually at 23X? Or does it mean her minimum multiplier is +3X, hence she can get to 20X faster? Or does it mean something else?

#5006 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Enlighten me on Leia’s Power. She gets +3X during planet multiballs. Does that mean if you’re at 20X multiplier, you’re actually at 23X? Or does it mean her minimum multiplier is +3X, hence she can get to 20X faster? Or does it mean something else?

Asking the important questions

I haven't seen a good in depth breakdown to all the abilities yet.

Lately I play as Luke because I'm usually playing for end game and Jedi level is usually the thing I have to chase.

I play R2 a lot because the bonus multiplier is solid and R2 is awesome in general.

Dabbled in Leia and Han and haven't seen much benefit. However, while I think my scores for R2 & Luke > Han & Leia, I don't think the difference is all that substantial.

#5007 5 years ago
Quoted from ectobar:

However, while I think my scores for R2 & Luke > Han & Leia, I don't think the difference is all that substantial.

Funny, I find Leia and Han to be the best scoring, then R2 then Luke. And Jedi Training is always one of the first things I finish, while I'm always stuck with Boba Fett

#5008 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

Funny, I find Leia and Han to be the best scoring, then R2 then Luke. And Jedi Training is always one of the first things I finish, while I'm always stuck with Boba Fett

I guess Boba is generally last on my list as well but I think I have a solid success rate with it so I don't sweat it as much.

#5009 5 years ago

Is there a link to a walk through for the newest code anywhere. Getting a SW pro this weekend and anxious to do some reading and prepare to conquer it!

#5010 5 years ago
Quoted from pinchamp:

Is there a link to a walk through for the newest code anywhere. Getting a SW pro this weekend and anxious to do some reading and prepare to conquer it!

It's confusing as F*ck! Lol. But I think that's what keeps me coming back. Lots to do; lots of breadth. My advice; do one mission at a time and focus on the same planet of missions til you learn them then move to the others. The rest of the rules like tie fighters, hyperspace, Boba Fett, FORCE, etc... will come in time. Learn what each colored light represents and what each hurry up sound effect is associated with. One thing I didn't know about missions before owning the pin is that there are hurryups associated with the missions that if you fail to hit you'll start over; so you can be stuck in a never ending loop on a mission if you don't know how to complete the hurryup. Good luck and congrats! I play SW more than IMDN and AFMrLE and all 3 are relatively new.

#5011 5 years ago

And regarding Leia +3X multiplier; I think I answered my own question tonight. As soon as you start the planet mb your multiplier jumps up +3X but maxes out at 20 just like everyone else. So it's a good boost initially but since getting to 20X is relatively easy in multiball, it's not game changing. Seems like each of the heroes perks are very subtle to keep balance. But R2's seems to be best with longer multiplier timer.

#5012 5 years ago

Question about the multiplier Lanes, should there always be three lanes lit?

#5013 5 years ago
Quoted from finnflash:

Question about the multiplier Lanes, should there always be three lanes lit?

Nope. As the multipier goes up the number of lighted x’s will decrease. With high multipliers there is only 1 lit.

#5014 5 years ago
Quoted from dnapac:

Nope. As the multipier goes up the number of lighted x’s will decrease. With high multipliers there is only 1 lit.

With R2 however, you’ll notice his character is able to keep multiple lighted Xs ON longer than than the other characters.

#5015 5 years ago

Star Wars Lighted Magnetic Hinge Covers - White - Limited Edition

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1032-lighted-pinball-mods/01697-star-wars-lighted-magnetic-hinge-cover-white-limited-edition

Picture of them on and off.

0615181317_resized (resized).jpg0615181317_resized (resized).jpg0615181320_resized (resized).jpg0615181320_resized (resized).jpg
#5016 5 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

This mode is especially hard because of the strobing GI. If your eyes arent great, I recommend turning on lights in the room to take a little bit of the strain off.
Good luck!

No doubt ! Reminds me a lot of black water multiball strobing on GOT. Coincidence lol?

#5017 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

But R2's seems to be best with longer multiplier timer.

I don't think R2's multiplier timer is longer (i.e. it times out and drops back to 2x at the same rate as the other characters). It's that his multiplier stays "wider" at higher multiplier levels than the others. I don't know the real numbers but for example if the others drop from 3 to 2 lit multiplier inserts at 7x and to one lit multiplier insert at 12x, R2 might keep 3 lit inserts until 9x and 2 until 14x. At least that was the deal with earlier code revisions and I think that's still right.

#5018 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Oh man I just had a weird one. Had a Leia game going for awHile over 6 bills and, all of a sudden, nothing is lit at all.

Game loves inventing shit to screw me. Up around 4 bills with 2 balls left and phantom slam tilt.

#5020 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Game loves inventing shit to screw me. Up around 4 bills with 2 balls left and phantom slam tilt.

This was adressed by a Security Bulletion by Stern. Its caused by electrical noise from the shaker. Stern supplies a capacitor kit (plug and play) to fix this. If you have a shaker motor this might be your solution.

Attached is a photo of a second of the stainless steel polished and laser engraved instruction card I had made. It has a small flaw in the print at the bottom center. Two of these were added to my order for free, it seems the supplier figured he doesn't need them either
I am willing to let them go for EUR 30 plus shipping from Germany (EUR 4 registered domestic or EUR 6,20 registered international). If anyone would like to have this, please send me a PM.

The ones with the card installed is just an example of what it looks like in the machine. That one is not for sale

IMG-20180616-WA0000 (resized).jpgIMG-20180616-WA0000 (resized).jpgIMG-20180616-WA0002 (resized).jpgIMG-20180616-WA0002 (resized).jpgIMG_20180616_144959 (resized).jpgIMG_20180616_144959 (resized).jpg
#5021 5 years ago

Ah thanks guys!

#5023 5 years ago

Sorry, off the grid for several days. Special thanks to Josh Brown for posting the Boba Fett vid! As well as all those that posted advice.

Starting to really question my decision on purchasing SW to learn the game of pinball on . But having a damn fun time nonetheless!

#5024 5 years ago
Quoted from matt68061:

Sorry, off the grid for several days. Special thanks to Josh Brown for posting the Boba Fett vid! As well as all those that posted advice.
Starting to really question my decision on purchasing SW to learn the game of pinball on . But having a damn fun time nonetheless!

Glad you are sticking with it. Star Wars isn’t as easy pin but once you get the shots down you will love it.

#5025 5 years ago

Emporor defeated!!!! Fuck this game! ...haha just messing it rocks. But yea, my balls need a break.

#5026 5 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

ttached is a photo of a second of the stainless steel polished and laser engraved instruction card I had made.

Those look awesome! Looks like it really has a lot of contrast that makes it easy to read too.

#5027 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Emporor defeated!!!! Fuck this game! ...haha just messing it rocks. But yea, my balls need a break.

Well that break was short lived. Played a couple games of Maiden, a few AFM's, then back on Star Wars for 6-7 more games hahaha.

#5028 5 years ago

Has anyone have a reset with the latest code? Today it happened to me. I had escape from death star I know I hit the stand up targets under the mini screen. Next thing all the lights went on and the screen froze. But the weird thing my flippers still worked for 5 seconds. Then the machine shut down and resets. Never had that happen before.

#5029 5 years ago
Quoted from Iceman:

Has anyone have a reset with the latest code? Today it happened to me. I had escape from death star I know I hit the stand up targets under the mini screen. Next thing all the lights went on and the screen froze. But the weird thing my flippers still worked for 5 seconds. Then the machine shut down and resets. Never had that happen before.

I had the exact same thing happen on GB a few times.

#5030 5 years ago

Gosh I love this game! After 3 months and every game still gives me that first game excitement...actually even more.

#5031 5 years ago

Hi guys I’m almost in the club. Should have a le Friday ! My question is where can I find the current rules ?

#5032 5 years ago
Quoted from Bartzenegger:

Hi guys I’m almost in the club. Should have a le Friday ! My question is where can I find the current rules ?

To my understanding the only way to understand them as it currently stands is learning by doing or reading this thread, because the current version hasn't been documented yet...

#5033 5 years ago
Quoted from Kobaja:

To my understanding the only way to understand them as it currently stands is learning by doing or reading this thread, because the current version hasn't been documented yet...

This is pretty good.

http://www.tiltforums.com/t/star-wars-stern-rulesheet/2812

#5034 5 years ago

I read the first part, looks pretty good, thanks! Question, that guide states:

Scoop: A saucer on the right side of the machine that kicks the ball out to the right flipper. This shot is likely the one used to light the Tatooine modes. Has a mode shot arrow, a “X Multiplier” light, a “Mystery” light, and a “Tatooine” light.

The scoop is supposed to hit the left flipper, no?

What is the purpose of the arrow insert in front of the scoop being lit solid orange? It seems to do nothing when hit.

#5035 5 years ago
Quoted from Schwaggs:

I read the first part, looks pretty good, thanks! Question, that guide states:
Scoop: A saucer on the right side of the machine that kicks the ball out to the right flipper. This shot is likely the one used to light the Tatooine modes. Has a mode shot arrow, a “X Multiplier” light, a “Mystery” light, and a “Tatooine” light.
The scoop is supposed to hit the left flipper, no?
What is the purpose of the arrow insert in front of the scoop being lit solid orange? It seems to do nothing when hit.

According to the designer, yes. The solid orange means that hitting it will advance you towards your Tatooine modes. The left ramp is lit green and right loop blue, similarly. After three hits to the scoop it should light the modes

#5037 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

According to the designer, yes. The solid orange means that hitting it will advance you towards your Tatooine modes. The left ramp is lit green and right loop blue, similarly. After three hits to the scoop it should light the modes

Mine kicks out smoothly along the the right sling and onto the right flipper consistently.

#5038 5 years ago
Quoted from yzfguy:

Mine kicks out smoothly along the the right sling and onto the right flipper consistently.

It is designed to go to the left, of course the right makes it much easier.

#5039 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It is designed to go to the left, of course the right makes it much easier.

Not necessarily easier..just let it bounce pass to the right flipper.

#5040 5 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Yeah I've never actually looked at the youtube vid where SR describes what it should do, but I know on mine it's either too powerful and bounces off the right all over like a bucking bronco, or not powerful enough = down the drain.
Perhaps I need to go in and adjust one click at a time to test.

#5041 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yeah I've never actually looked at the youtube vid where SR describes what it should do, but I know on mine it's either too powerful and bounces off the right all over like a bucking bronco, or not powerful enough = down the drain.
Perhaps I need to go in and adjust one click at a time to test.

Thanks s how I got mine dialed in just right.

#5042 5 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

I wasn't able to get mine adjusted to do that

What strength is your kickout set at? Where on the left flipper does it hit?

#5043 5 years ago

I just realized that Jedi multiball needs to be a bit more spectacular: A better light show… and something for the end. Victory Laps or something. I was a bit dissappointed. Lightsaber duel is way more cool.

#5044 5 years ago
Quoted from tatapolus:

I just realized that Jedi multiball needs to be a bit more spectacular: A better light show… and something for the end. Victory Laps or something. I was a bit dissappointed. Lightsaber duel is way more cool.

Yeah, I've got to say I was a bit disappointed. I finally got to it last week, with three add-a-balls saved and ready, expecting some giant event, and then I beat it without using any. Though I've never been a fan of modes where the flippers die after

#5045 5 years ago

It’s the hardest pin in my 15 game collection, very addictive as well. I still haven’t scratched the surface of what’s in there. I too am looking for the best place to see written or watch vids with the rules, there’s a lot going on...

#5046 5 years ago

I find the Jedi Multiball is cooler if you are not doing well, as it cycles through the Red/blue/and Flasher lighting effects. When you drain and lose the mode the music and emperor doing his speech thing is kinda cool the way the music builds up and then kicks you back to the beginning of the game. When you doing well you dont really see anything cool before you start over.

#5047 5 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

I find the Jedi Multiball is cooler if you are not doing well, as it cycles through the Red/blue/and Flasher lighting effects. When you drain and lose the mode the music and emperor doing his speech thing is kinda cool the way the music builds up and then kicks you back to the beginning of the game. When you doing well you dont really see anything cool before you start over.

There's red!?

#5048 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

There's red!?

I shared a video of the Jedi multiball where I lost the mode in post #4859 and it cycles through a few phases of the GI. I have Pin Stadiums on my machine, so it also went through a cool UV light phase a couple times. When I have done well and completed the mode, I didn't see any of that stuff other than Blue I think...

#5049 5 years ago

My thoughts on Jedi mb:

I’ve only been there once and I stunk it up cause I was trying to figure out what to do. So I did get to see the cool red and blue light show; but Next thing I know, I beat it!?!? I think I only made 3 or 4 successful shots and I defeated him? It was a cool sequence and I Love end game modes that end with dead flippers and a show >> i.e. LOTR. But it makes me wonder if I was missing something? Maybe it’s easy for a reason to give the player a sense of accomplishment after so much ass whipping, and feel good to beat the emperor. Or, is it more of a quick scoring based mode to capitalize on? I’m thinking the former, in that it’s just a quick mode to defeat the emperor and follow the story line.

#5050 5 years ago
Quoted from TKDalumni:

Mine fires hard into the left flipper. You can’t dead pass to the right or it’ll go up to the far right standup target and put ball out of control which I actually love cause the challenge it presents.

So What do I do?? Live catch the ball from the vuk feed, one of my favorite things to do. Now if I can only live catch the inner loop shots with the associated light show, this game will become a cakewalk

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
There are 14,971 posts in this topic. You are on page 101 of 300.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/101?hl=tungs10 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.