20230222_084649 (resized).jpg
20230222_085316 (resized).jpg
20230222_084653 (resized).jpg
20230222_084538 (resized).jpg
20230222_084535 (resized).jpg
20230222_084134 (resized).jpg
20230222_084126 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

5 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 14,971 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 300.
#4951 5 years ago
Quoted from monte_:

I am talking about the button in the middle of the lockbar, not the shooter rod.

Sorry... I'm not sure what you're seeing on the Pinball Life link I posted... but the link should be showing you the lockdown bar button you need:

button (resized).jpgbutton (resized).jpg
#4952 5 years ago
Quoted from Ccondo:

I just encountered a new one for me... my outlane gate on my premium will open but not close. I inspected it and everything looks intact and set screws are tight... next suggestion?

Post #4838 of this thread outlines the fix for this. I am having the same problem, but have not yet had a chance to dig in this far. Let us know on here what works for you! Good luck!

#4953 5 years ago
Quoted from Timerider:

Sorry... I'm not sure what you're seeing on the Pinball Life link I posted... but the link should be showing you the lockdown bar button you need:

Thanks. I have ordered one.

#4954 5 years ago

Mama mia, I played this again today at Level 257 in Schaumburg. This game eats me alive. I would like to consider the pro but I need a little mercy.

I have played at least 40-50 games many in Vegas at ny,ny. Very little success if any don't know why I like it.

#4955 5 years ago
Quoted from Ccondo:

I just encountered a new one for me... my outlane gate on my premium will open but not close. I inspected it and everything looks intact and set screws are tight... next suggestion?

This is a common problem and the solution can vary. I think on my LE, the mini coil actuator plate was sticking since everything else checked out ok. I grabbed it with pliers, wiggled it a bit and it's been good since.

Rob

#4956 5 years ago

I notice my left outer loop commonly has a pink arrow light; what's that represent? It seems to be a hyperspace hurry up, but I thought yellow arrows represented the hyperspace hurry?

Also, speakers seem to be somewhat muffled. I'll probably contact my distributor but is the sound quality on Star Wars have hit and miss moments that'll cause a muffle/crackle for a split second? I'll be getting the headset soon to tell for sure if it's the speakers or sound card or game itself.

#4957 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I notice my left outer loop commonly has a pink arrow light; what's that represent? It seems to be a hyperspace hurry up, but I thought yellow arrows represented the hyperspace hurry?
Also, speakers seem to be somewhat muffled. I'll probably contact my distributor but is the sound quality on Star Wars have hit and miss moments that'll cause a muffle/crackle for a split second? I'll be getting the headset soon to tell for sure if it's the speakers or sound card or game itself.

Think I just answered my own question on the pink arrow. Noticed in attract mode that arrow is lighting up the wrong colors, looks like a bad light board.

#4958 5 years ago

No sound crackles for me. Crystal clear.

#4959 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Also, speakers seem to be somewhat muffled.

What volume setting are you on?

#4960 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

What volume setting are you on?

Usually around 10-13. There’s times it sounds ok; and in the speaker test it sounds fine. But during gameplay, there’s call outs that just sound muffled and one Han Solo call out that’s louder than everything else that crackles. If I reduce the BASS way low it seems to help. Chas and Pat are aware so will see what they have to say. It’ll be nice when my headset control comes in so i can compare.

#4961 5 years ago

I should mention, it's not an obvious sound quality issue. Just very subtle.

#4962 5 years ago

We’ll I went with the tried and true giggle everything method. I did this a bit last night and it still seemed sticky. Then this AM it has been working like normal. Go figure... thanks for the schematics and suggestions.

#4963 5 years ago
Quoted from Ccondo:

We’ll I went with the tried and true giggle everything method. I did this a bit last night and it still seemed sticky. Then this AM it has been working like normal. Go figure... thanks for the schematics and suggestions.

Does this method require someone tickling you?

#4964 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I should mention, it's not an obvious sound quality issue. Just very subtle.

Maybe re-download & re-flash the ROMs? Possible corrupted audio files?

#4965 5 years ago
Quoted from Timerider:

Good idea. It does seem like it’s only a select amount of Audio files that sound weird. I’ll give it a try. Thanks.

#4966 5 years ago
Quoted from Timerider:

Quoted from Eskaybee:

Good idea. It does seem like it’s only a select amount of Audio files that sound weird. I’ll give it a try. Thanks.

Well. I guess that wasn’t such a good idea after all. Update unpack failed. Now game is dead Tried both USB ports. Gonna look for and/or buy another usb stick and try that.

#4967 5 years ago

Worse thing that can happen is that Stern sends you a new sd card and you pop it in.

#4968 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Well. I guess that wasn’t such a good idea after all. Update unpack failed. Now game is dead Tried both USB ports. Gonna look for and/or buy another usb stick and try that.

Yikes! Sorry to have sent you down that road!

#4969 5 years ago
Quoted from Timerider:

Yikes! Sorry to have sent you down that road!

It's all good. I was headed down this path anyways as it was in the back of my mind. The good news is Stern is sending me a new CPU. The bad news is it's my daughters b-day tomorrow and with lots of guests to entertain, it will be a downer to not have SW running.

That said, I don't entirely believe it's a CPU issue. I have 3 different USB sticks and have downloaded the update both via Chrome & Internet Explorer. No matter what USB stick I use, the update fails at 4377mb to the tee on the chrome download which is like 95% away from completion; and fails right away at around 300mb if I use the IE download. Im trying another download from chrome and will unpack it straight on the C: drive and see what my results are. Unfortunately, I don't have another computer to try from at the moment nor do I want to download another browser on my work pc. I am downloading the code via wifi, and I may try running a hardline to pull it.

If anyone has successfully done a full install with the latest code; or even an earlier code and wants to share it with me via dropbox or something, let me know and ill give that a shot.

I'm open to other ideas or suggestions.

#4970 5 years ago

Ladies and Gentlemen, I am back up!!!

the fact that the 3 usb sticks kept failing at 4377mb exactly on the google chrome download and 300mb on the IE download had me believing it was my pc, the way it was extracting the zip, and/or connection to stern server. Decided the 'ol reboot pc trick - rebooted; downloaded using chrome, then extracted the files directly onto the usb stick rather than extract then copy + paste to usb. This worked! You can imagine how sketchy I felt at the 4377mb point especially since it did hesitate for a split second at that point, then it went thru and complete...I about shit myself

Online and working in time for party tomorrow. Hard to tell if the sound quality is better/fixed but it seems that way, but it just might be my excitement for a working game. I'll know for sure tomorrow when I get the head set installed.

#4971 5 years ago

Sorry Eskaybee dont have a big dropbox account but I just downloaded/unpacked code from Stern in under 10 minutes with Firefox

EDIT: Nice fix just as i was posting.

EDIT2: for the record my download & unpacked is 4260mb

#4972 5 years ago

Oh man I just had a weird one. Had a Leia game going for awHile over 6 bills and, all of a sudden, nothing is lit at all.

I have everything completed for Jedi except Boba Fett and Hoth Mission 2 & 3. The problem is, I'm not in the video mode and it's telling me to hit the "Hoth Shot" for some reason. The shot is not lit, no Hoth blue arrow anywhere, and because I'm in a mode that I'm not, I can't progress towards Fett. Hmm...maybe I was stuck on the end of Hoth 2 and it screwed the pooch. Anyway, This wacky shit carries over into the next ball and I'm on the edge of a good ass game but stuck with no lit shots.

#4973 5 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Sorry Eskaybee dont have a big dropbox account but I just downloaded/unpacked code from Stern in under 10 minutes with Firefox
EDIT: Nice fix just as i was posting.
EDIT2: for the record my download & unpacked is 4260mb

Thanks law; that’s weird about the file size. You’d think it would be the same size unpacked no matter what.

#4974 5 years ago

My ball is just constantly draining down the right, anyone know of a fix?

#4975 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

Have you moved the adjustable peg to limit the outlane drain? If it's as low as it goes, I'm surprised. I moved mine and it solved the problem.

snaroff

#4976 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

It looks like you can bring that post at the top of the right outlane down a notch, similar on the left outlane. I my machine, I did this at the left outlane and took only a minute to do.

MVIMG_20180609_093613.jpgMVIMG_20180609_093613.jpg
#4977 5 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

You can n move the peg as stated, or you can start learning how to nudge. Could do both also.

#4978 5 years ago

So I was having people over for an outdoor movie night and BBQ tonight, so I figured I'd go through my games before people arrived. I play a game on Star Wars... and it was awesome, I completed most goals except, the last two Death Star modes. But most importantly, I blew up the F*&KING Death Star! Of course Kara wasn't around and no one else was there to see it... but what a rush!

#4979 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Also, speakers seem to be somewhat muffled. I'll probably contact my distributor but is the sound quality on Star Wars have hit and miss moments that'll cause a muffle/crackle for a split second?

I had the crackle too, along with sound loss and other sound issues. A new cpu fixed the issues.

Rob

#4980 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Pink isn't used in the game (I think) so I would suspect a bad RGB LED.

Rob

#4981 5 years ago

Installed the modified shooter rod today. It is an original shooter rod with the empirial logo on a contoured inlay. Blends perfectly with the machines colors and shapes. A very skilled friend of mine made a few of this mod for us in a rather nitty gritty precision effort using his access to some quite eleborate mills.

We still have raw material for about 8-10 more left (depending on how many parts we ruin in the process). If anyone is interested we could make a few more from the matrial we have left and let them go for USD 135. US and EU only. Please PM if interested.

IMG_20180610_152142 (resized).jpgIMG_20180610_152142 (resized).jpg

#4982 5 years ago

Just a quick update on the issues ive had. I don't believe I have a CPU problem. As @timerider mentioned, my original code/update could have had a corrupt sound file. After getting a better, what seemed more proper download of the code, my sound quality improved. Still didn't sound the greatest compared to my IMDN stock; but it was better.

I installed the Spike-2 headset today and OMG the sound quality with headphones is outstanding. The sound is in stereo (just like my IMDN), and it sounds amazing. I think the stock speakers just suck for this title even with external sub.

All in all; things are looking good. Just need to get a replacement light board for my left arrow which is no doubt displaying the wrong color; Chas is sending a new one my way Monday.

#4983 5 years ago

So my best score to date right now is 9.8 bil as Leia but I think I got like 2-3 eb’s (factory settings) . Last night, again as Leia with a couple eb’s, I was one mode completion away from Jedi MB; had the whole board lit and you’ll be surprised what I was missing...LSD! Played and failed to finish it 3 times and typically I knock that one out easily. I’ll probably back off on some of the factory eb’s later on, but having a blast so will leave it for now.

This is a fun, underrated, addicting game. Think I even like it more than GOT

#4984 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

This is a fun, underrated, addicting game. Think I even like it more than GOT

I hear you there! I can't wait to get a GoT of my own to put next to my SW, but it definitely feels like it's the first of an era with its modes and houses. Rough around the edges in many places. SW they've got stuff figured out a lot more.

#4985 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

I hear you there! I can't wait to get a GoT of my own to put next to my SW, but it definitely feels like it's the first of an era with its modes and houses. Rough around the edges in many places. SW they've got stuff figured out a lot more.

Honestly, I'd wait on GOT. There's just too many bugs and one in particular that really ruins the game for me. That said; the hounds call outs and wall, hotk, iron throne multiballs are so satisfying and fun to play. GOT (pro) is probably the best flowing pin I've ever played, so satisfying to shoot. I just hope dwight can finish it someday; I love his unorthodox code.

#4986 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

Honestly, I'd wait on GOT. There's just too many bugs and one in particular that really ruins the game for me. That said; the hounds call outs and wall, hotk, iron throne multiballs are so satisfying and fun to play. GOT (pro) is probably the best flowing pin I've ever played, so satisfying to shoot. I just hope dwight can finish it someday; I love his unorthodox code.

Yeah, the code definitely needs another pass. Seems like the balance is bad on a lot of it, but when I look at all the other new Sterns out there GoT still comes out on top

#4987 5 years ago
Quoted from Eskaybee:

I just hope dwight can finish it someday; I love his unorthodox code.

I've also been looking into getting a GOT (an LE) and one of main reasons why is because of how much I enjoy the code on SW. Even though the code on GOT could use some polish I'm still drawn to it for the overall game play / code. Dwight has done a fantastic job with the way he's coded SW and GOT, definitely a big fan and looking forward to what he does for future machines!

#4988 5 years ago
Quoted from Buckman:

I've also been looking into getting a GOT (an LE) and one of main reasons why is because of how much I enjoy the code on SW. Even though the code on GOT could use some polish I'm still drawn to it for the overall game play / code. Dwight has done a fantastic job with the way he's coded SW and GOT, definitely a big fan and looking forward to what he does for future machines!

Seeing that he did a lot of the code on GB has gotten me more interested in one, I've got to say. I've never heard much about anything beyond the air balls and giant flipper gap

#4989 5 years ago
Quoted from zacaj:

More
Seeing that he did a lot of the code on GB has gotten me more interested in one, I've got to say. I've never heard much about anything beyond the air balls and giant flipper gap

You've probably heard how linear it is...Unless the update changed that. The Pro is really lacking with the whole "1.5" ramps.

#4990 5 years ago
Quoted from Mistwalker:

Post #4838 of this thread outlines the fix for this. I am having the same problem, but have not yet had a chance to dig in this far. Let us know on here what works for you! Good luck!

I just got a brand new premium and having the same issue. Should the outlane gate when testing spring open and back or should it spring open, test, then spring close? I think mine was set too tight but I am not sure how its supposed to be in the first place.

#4991 5 years ago

Greetings. So have been playing the pro for a little over a week. It has been a big hit with the friends and family. Its just totally a blast.

Now its time to start really wrapping my head around all of the missions, multipliers, etc... Still a total newb at this but after reading all 100 pages of this thread(and others) AND watching several awesome YT videos we are slowly getting it.

As we are learning I have settings pretty easy and we are using 5 balls.

Can someone tell me what the "SPECIAL LIMIT and "SPECIAL ADJUSTMENT" settings actually do? I have figured out pretty much all the other settings but don't understand what these actually do.

Thanks again.

Matt

#4992 5 years ago

Hmmm...special limit i would assume limits the amount of specials awarded during the game would be my guess.

#4993 5 years ago

I dont think I've ever been awarded a Special in the game... Extra Balls and replays, sure. Is there a special even programmed? or is the adjustment leftover code from whatever game they used as the template for this one?

#4994 5 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

I dont think I've ever been awarded a Special in the game... Extra Balls and replays, sure. Is there a special even programmed? or is the adjustment leftover code from whatever game they used as the template for this one?

Boy yeah it doesn;t even have special inserts in the lanes or anything so maybe it's just the standard (non-updated to the LCD screen please get to this Stern) menu set up?

#4995 5 years ago
Quoted from JoshODBrown:

I've gotten a special as an award off the pops

#4996 5 years ago

I've had specials many times on current code

#4997 5 years ago

Thanks for the special responses guys. Zacaj or imagamejunky Im curious on what an example of a special would be?

Josh Brown, your videos on the game have been fantastic for me. I have watched the CA channel for a long time but mainly as it related to arcade cabs.

You really have a great way of teaching/explaining things that I can understand. Thanks, most appreciated! (Now, how about a tutorial on how to "defeat Boba Fett"... ?

Have a good one.

Matt

#4998 5 years ago
Quoted from matt68061:

Im curious on what an example of a special would be?

I think I have mine set to points, so it just awarded some random amount I didn't notice.

Quoted from matt68061:

Now, how about a tutorial on how to "defeat Boba Fett"... ?

Choose Han, choose boba fett from skill shot, hit lots of white shots, then once it starts just hit the lit shots and bash the 3-bank when time is low?

#4999 5 years ago

So update and my fix to the outline gate problem: loosen the bolt a bit so that the plastic housing isn’t as tight. It was fairly tight on there, just loosened a bit where it was tight but not overly torqued. I also moved the housing up and down a bit so it wasn’t stuck if that was the case. I then ran a coil test and before it would just move a few mms slowly but surely open. When it is fixed, Outlane gate should fly open then shut in one coil press.

#5000 5 years ago
Quoted from matt68061:

Josh Brown, your videos on the game have been fantastic for me. I have watched the CA channel for a long time but mainly as it related to arcade cabs. You really have a great way of teaching/explaining things that I can understand. Thanks, most appreciated! (Now, how about a tutorial on how to "defeat Boba Fett"... ?
Have a good one.
Matt

Heres a short clip of me Escaping Boba Fett while moving my 20x multiplier around to all the shots. Filmed this one a while back and never listed it because the channel content was getting a little too Star Wars heavy.

Shot sequence once you start Boba Fett is always the same... Left ramp, right loop, right ramp, left orbit, and finish it with a left ramp shot. Keep the hurry up alive/increase it by hitting the 3 bank targets under the playfield LCD. Being able to trap the ball and slow the game down is really the key for this machine. To start Boba Fett, shoot for the white shots, or just start shooting combos out of mode and the white shots should start appearing for you. This mode is especially hard because of the strobing GI. If your eyes arent great, I recommend turning on lights in the room to take a little bit of the strain off.

Good luck!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
€ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 285.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades
Toys/Add-ons
$ 63.99
Cabinet - Other
Cento Creations
Other
Electronics
Space Coast Pinball
Electronics
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Decals
arcade-cabinets.com
Decals
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 6.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Machine - For Sale
Corbin, KY
$ 169.95
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 18.00
Playfield - Protection
Volcano Pinball
Protection
$ 79.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 4,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
Playfield - Other
RavSpec
Other
$ 210.00
13,700 (OBO)
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com
Armor and blades
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pixels Arcade Games
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 24.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 135.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 14,971 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 300.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-clubmay-the-force-be-with-you/page/100?hl=sprudeldudel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.