• Pro 129 votes
    28%
  • Premium 191 votes
    41%
  • LE 148 votes
    32%

(468 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,256 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

1E85029F-62B0-498E-AB89-64CF050C8F16 (resized).jpeg
videomode (resized).jpg
20200112_210804.jpg
20200112_210819.jpg
20200111_191859.jpg
20200111_191842.jpg
20200111_191351.jpg
20200111_191334.jpg
20200111_191341.jpg
20200111_191300.jpg
20200111_191157.jpg
20200111_191240.jpg
20200111_191147.jpg
20200111_170853_HDR (resized).jpg
82790820_1220950488107934_7391565646137393152_n (resized).jpg
81559856_3121942514696867_3985339418549420032_n (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

3 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 8376 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 168.
#451 2 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

On your twitch stream did you get those modes active? Will go and watch now if so. And thanks for the reply good to know there is some Vader and iconic lightsaber battles already in this early code.
Surely doing well in a mode but not getting GC has to lead to "impressive, most impressive but your not a Jedi yet" some custom speech from JEJ would have rocked "impressive most impressive but your not grand champion yet"

im hearing alot of the Emperor....my tilts set alittle to tight i think. The Cloud City duel has the most Vader i think so far. Bet Lightsaber Duel will be what your looking for once its coded, hopefully.

#452 2 years ago

Well, I played like a doofus, but I did the best I could with my hyperactive son running around haha.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/159429837 -- hope this is what you were looking for.

I will say, though, this kind of showcases some of the speed of the game. And that sweet, sweet () side to side action.

#453 2 years ago

Nice thanks for the video!

#454 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

im hearing alot of the Emperor....my tilts set alittle to tight i think. The Cloud City duel has the most Vader i think so far. Bet Lightsaber Duel will be what your looking for once its coded, hopefully.

I would agree with this. The Emperor makes a cameo, but not much speech by him unless you're dangering/draining. But I would imagine in Jedi multiball, all bets are off with sound clips.

#455 2 years ago

I have to say -- after a week of owning the Pin, I'm still in love, even with code being incomplete -- however, if I were to ask for one change, it'd be for Tie Fighter Mode to be changed to a Frenzy(I feel like that'd kind of be on theme with Luke in the Falcon moving around in the turret shooting at them) or something similar instead of slamming the action button. I can forsee many switch issues down the line if it stays the way it is -- I mean, I get it. It's basically hitting a button to shoot. But it gets kind of cumbersome after a lot of plays. Give the action button another use. Maybe use it as a form of TWD's Walker bomb..make it complete a shot or something. That would be super useful, and fun.

#456 2 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

I have to say -- after a week of owning the Pin, I'm still in love, even with code being incomplete -- however, if I were to ask for one change, it'd be for Tie Fighter Mode to be changed to a Frenzy or something similar instead of slamming the action button. I can forsee many switch issues down the line if it stays the way it is -- I mean, I get it. It's basically hitting a button to shoot. But it gets kind of cumbersome after a lot of plays. Give the action button another use. Maybe use it as a form of TWD's Walker bomb..make it complete a shot or something. That would be super useful, and fun.

I like the tie fighter risk reward. Yesterday i had a friend thats a top player over and watching him fumble over and over trying to get Tie mball was fun. Also its nice to setup stacked Mballs with it, say you have 1 tie left till Tie mball and have one to kill on the LCD, start a mode or 2 and then kill that tie fighter to stack them all together. Switch wise its only 1 leaf switch under the button that would need adjusted if it ever needs it so i wouldnt worry about it. Walker bombs or Martel add a ball probably wont work with the multiplier setup to activate deactivate with action button. Did you notice this game doesnt stack lock balls for any of the Multiballs makes me wonder how the Premiums hyperloop will work code wise.

#457 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

I like the tie fighter risk reward. Yesterday i had a friend thats a top player over and watching him fumble over and over trying to get Tie mball was fun. Also its nice to setup stacked Mballs with it, say you have 1 tie left till Tie mball and have one to kill on the LCD, start a mode or 2 and then kill that tie fighter to stack them all together. Switch wise its only 1 leaf switch under the button that would need adjusted if it ever needs it so i wouldnt worry about it. Walker bombs or Martel add a ball probably wont work with the multiplier setup to activate deactivate with action button. Did you notice this game doesnt stack lock balls for any of the Multiballs makes me wonder how the Premiums hyperloop will work code wise.

No, I agree, the risk/reward, and deciding when to and when not to hit the button is a great way to stack. It's a great idea, it just gets a bit cumbersome after a while. (I may just play too much) The only kind of "lock" i've noticed is on hyperspace multiball, and it's kind of interesting. You don't even really need to hit the ball to unlock it, just the gate as the loop starts.

#458 2 years ago

Found my testers, thanks everyone!

I am looking for a SW owner to test fit one of my clear kickout protectors (Nudies). I will send you a free one this week.

See my thread here:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-wars-tester-needed-free-mod

#459 2 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

No, I agree, the risk/reward, and deciding when to and when not to hit the button is a great way to stack. It's a great idea, it just gets a bit cumbersome after a while. (I may just play too much) The only kind of "lock" i've noticed is on hyperspace multiball, and it's kind of interesting. You don't even really need to hit the ball to unlock it, just the gate as the loop starts.

Ive hit the ball out of the hyperspace lock during hyperspace multiball but havent progressed any farther during it yet. Deathstar and right orbit are the hardest shots for me right now but arent Targaryan dragon(GOT pro) shot hard.

#460 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Ive hit the ball out of the hyperspace lock during hyperspace multiball but havent progressed any farther during it yet. Deathstar and right orbit are the hardest shots for me right now but arent Targaryan dragon(GOT pro) shot hard.

For whatever reason I find the Death Star shot harder than the Targaryen shot, but then again I've spent the entire week basically blasting at that shot so I've progressed a little bit as far as hitting that particular one goes.

#461 2 years ago

Thank God for you guys. I thought it was just me. I always have a bitch of a time hitting the Castle Black shot on my GOT LE, and I couldn't hit the death star shot even once when I played it at Pintastic.

#462 2 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Thank God for you guys. I thought it was just me. I always have a bitch of a time hitting the Castle Black shot on my GOT LE, and I couldn't hit the death star shot even once when I played it at Pintastic.

I'm not 100% consistent at it yet, I'd say closer to 40-50%, which definitely leads to a lot of out of control balls(giggity), but on my GoT I couldn't hit Targaryen for the life of me. It's a hard shot, lol. Most of the time when I hit it, it's either in a multiball or just out of luck.

#463 2 years ago

Wonder what the R2D2 projector in settings is? Id also like a sling setting adjustment, i set my coils to soft to try to calm the slings alittle but damn id like to turn them down a touch, also the shooter lane VUK like GB would be nice to turn down.

#464 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Wonder what the R2D2 projector in settings is? Id also like a sling setting adjustment, i set my coils to soft to try to calm the slings alittle but damn id like to turn them down a touch, also the shooter lane VUK like GB would be nice to turn down.

Did the soft coils change much?

And I'm hoping the R2D2 projector is something like the Holo theatre in Dialed In (Gasp, i mentioned it, I'm sorry -- but let's face it, that's a cool feature)

#465 2 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

Did the soft coils change much?
And I'm hoping the R2D2 projector is something like the Holo theatre in Dialed In (Gasp, i mentioned it, I'm sorry -- but let's face it, that's a cool feature)

It took a touch of power out of everything but barely noticeable. The R2 projector might be something they plan for a topper where it will project Leia's message to Obi-Wan but hard to say really. It could end up like the proton pack guns on GB and never make it into design.

#466 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

It took a touch of power out of everything but barely noticeable. The R2 projector might be something they plan for a topper where it will project Leia's message to Obi-Wan but hard to say really. It could end up like the proton pack guns on GB and never make it into design.

Gotcha. I hope for the best that more Star Wars is represented overall.

I haven't really noticed too much power out of my vuk, though, I can imagine if it had too much that'd be a scary thing though, would need to replace some stuff with the LCD stand ups pretty regularly if so.

#467 2 years ago

Anyone else think a 2 second ball save would be nice after it ejects out of the mystery hole? I have quite a few that shoot from the hole and go right between the flippers and are lost. Really sucks.

#468 2 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

Anyone else think a 2 second ball save would be nice after it ejects out of the mystery hole? I have quite a few that shoot from the hole and go right between the flippers and are lost. Really sucks.

Mess with your eject power a bit in operator settings, you can fix that.

#469 2 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

Power can be adjusted. Had to do that on GB

#470 2 years ago
Quoted from DadofTwins:

Its adjustable in settings, factory is 40 so id either make it stronger to hit left flipper or weaker to hit right flipper.

#471 2 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

Gotcha. I hope for the best that more Star Wars is represented overall.
I haven't really noticed too much power out of my vuk, though, I can imagine if it had too much that'd be a scary thing though, would need to replace some stuff with the LCD stand ups pretty regularly if so.

Im not talking about the auto launch which i think your talking about, im talking about the VUK that feeds the ball into the shooter lane. It would be nice if it fed like the Hobbit nice and soft since the shooter lane is similar. After awhile the impact will likely break the clearcoat apart in shooter lane if they dont add the option to turn it down like they did on GB.

#472 2 years ago
Quoted from MattS:

Just got the email from my distributor today requesting final payment.
It said LE's to start shipping from stern in approximately 2 weeks.

2 weeks you say? I have heard that before somewhere....Did Andrew start working as a distributor?

#473 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

Im not talking about the auto launch which i think your talking about, im talking about the VUK that feeds the ball into the shooter lane. It would be nice if it fed like the Hobbit nice and soft since the shooter lane is similar. After awhile the impact will likely break the clearcoat apart in shooter lane if they dont add the option to turn it down like they did on GB.

OOOOH, sorry, I gotcha. chuckwurt added some Mylar to my shooter lane and it's holding up super well even as much as I play. But I would imagine that'll get dealt with. Dwight is awesome.

#474 2 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

OOOOH, sorry, I gotcha. chuckwurt added some Mylar to my shooter lane and it's holding up super well even as much as I play. But I would imagine that'll get dealt with. Dwight is awesome.

i mylard mine too but that wont stop the clear from cracking under it over time, hopefully Dwight adds that vuk setting take all the worry away.

what do you think the extra post in the goodie bags for? im thinking to change out that thick post on the left outlane but im not certain?

#475 2 years ago

Not sure. I've not messed with it too much or looked through the goodie bag much other than my wife rummaging and stealing a couple fobs before I knew it.

#476 2 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

Not sure. I've not messed with it too much or looked through the goodie bag much other than my wife rummaging and stealing a couple fobs before I knew it.

im looking forward to the video mode. Have you ever played Timeshock the video game pinball? the video mode on that is my favorite of all time and from what ive seen its like that but with Falcon moving around asteroids.

#477 2 years ago

I just looked through my goodie bag, I didn't get an extra post. ;_;

#478 2 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

I just looked through my goodie bag, I didn't get an extra post. ;_;

maybe its in the coinbox, i cant remember

#479 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

im looking forward to the video mode. Have you ever played Timeshock the video game pinball? the video mode on that is my favorite of all time and from what ive seen its like that but with Falcon moving around asteroids.

I have played it. I LOVE timeshock, and that would be awesome! Kessel Run video mode, maybe?

#480 2 years ago

Stream going up! Let's hang! Let's Learn! Let's Play! http://www.twitch.tv/waspinat0r

#481 2 years ago

i hope one day that Stern games will get individual power settings for the coils.

Rob

#482 2 years ago

Star Wars Pro stream starting in about 5 minutes. Never tell me the odds! http://www.twitch.tv/waspinat0r

Come say hello! Ask questions! Follow me! LOVE ME!

(support pinball)

#483 2 years ago

Hey folks,

Any word on shipping from Stern on the LE?? I know they started building Fri, just wondering if anyone got ETAs on when they will start shipping to the distributors.

#484 2 years ago

Ship some more Pro's first

#485 2 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Hey folks,
Any word on shipping from Stern on the LE?? I know they started building Fri, just wondering if anyone got ETAs on when they will start shipping to the distributors.

Also.. any news on the LE's having a special lighted Translite? Steve R mentioned this in his presentation..

#486 2 years ago

Rumour was that STERN were looking at tweaking a few things to make the LE more...well LE!

#487 2 years ago

I think they really need to. What presentation? There is no reason why a single LE should still be available.

#488 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinhead1982:

Rumour was that STERN were looking at tweaking a few things to make the LE more...well LE!

Personally, I don't think anything will change. I *hope* they add a little extra, but am not betting on it.

Rob

#489 2 years ago

They will only add extra if they think they'll be difficult to sell. Otherwise, why change?

#490 2 years ago

They added the throne to GOT Pro before it shipped due to feedback, so cant rule out last minute changes

#491 2 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Hey folks,

My distributor told me he should receive his first batch of LE's end of next weekish (like that word? )

#492 2 years ago

Got my pro today., It's next to tspp. Sw looks like "the pin" compared to tspp. Smaller, shorter, narrower, etc. Incredible how much has been cut from these games. I like the game and how it plays, but man, they have been cutting too much imo.

15003415581731021948067 (resized).jpg

#493 2 years ago

i can second that distributer said 2 weeks start shipping and on line now. on LE's

#494 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Got my pro today., It's next to tspp. Sw looks like "the pin" compared to tspp. Smaller, shorter, narrower, etc. Incredible how much has been cut from these games. I like the game and how it plays, but man, they have been cutting too much imo.

The legs on TSPP are almost 1 inch longer makes it taller, same exact cabnients on both but SW metal backbox is bigger. I also have them sitting side by side.

#495 2 years ago

Holy shit this game is good.

#496 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Nah, it can't be. No under-playfield magnets, and the playfield is too sparse.
Not to mention where Stern put the on/off button.

; )

Great to hear you're enjoying it.

#497 2 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

And it's only going to get better. I have complete faith Dwight is gonna knock this one out of the park with the code.

#498 2 years ago
Quoted from Phbooms:

The legs on TSPP are almost 1 inch longer makes it taller, same exact cabnients on both but SW metal backbox is bigger. I also have them sitting side by side.

You might be right, I'll take another look (and measurements), it just stood out after I had set it up, maybe just my tired eyes.

My first spike game, no fuses I see. What happens when/if a short occurs? Node board blows?

#499 2 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

You might be right, I'll take another look (and measurements), it just stood out after I had set it up, maybe just my tired eyes.
My first spike game, no fuses I see. What happens when/if a short occurs? Node board blows?

I'll be honest -- I had a node board issue, and it was taken care of IMMEDIATELY. I have nothing but good things to say about Stern and their Customer Service. One good thing about node boards and the spike systems is that they are easily troubleshot and remedied.

#500 2 years ago
Quoted from waspinat0r:

I'll be honest -- I had a node board issue, and it was taken care of IMMEDIATELY. I have nothing but good things to say about Stern and their Customer Service. One good thing about node boards and the spike systems is that they are easily troubleshot and remedied.

I generally agree it would be taken care of quickly, but not as fast as replacing a $0.50 fuse. Once out of warranty, how much are node boards?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 159.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Great American Pinball
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
There are 8376 posts in this topic. You are on page 10 of 168.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside