(Topic ID: 139820)

Stern Star Trek now with over 35,030 Plays!

By Okarcades

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 574 posts
  • 170 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by bernieberg
  • Topic is favorited by 105 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20200322_132030 (resized).jpg
20200223_102116 (resized).jpg
20200223_103109 (resized).jpg
20200223_103113 (resized).jpg
20200223_103142 (resized).jpg
20200223_103106 (resized).jpg
20200223_103133 (resized).jpg
20200223_103138 (resized).jpg
20200223_103128 (resized).jpg
20200223_103131 (resized).jpg
20200223_103123 (resized).jpg
20200223_103119 (resized).jpg
20200223_102104 (resized).jpg
20200112_161156 (resized).jpg
20191109_112122 (resized).jpg
20191109_112126 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hocuslocus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#251 6 years ago

I have a GOT on location about the same amount of time. I've replaced a node board and the clear coat started coming up from the drain area. Other then that it's been holding up. I started buying cliffy drain protectors for all my games after that. People complain about sterns, but they seem to hold up pretty well when they are abused on a daily basis.

#255 6 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Any pics of your GOT(playfield) with that many plays to share? Would be great to see some.

yeah, sure I can grab some next time I'm up there. I wish they stayed with their sam system, I have yet to try to repair one of these spike boards. Luckily the one I had to replace was under warranty. hopefully, it stays solid for years to come.

I think I know the answer, but don't play amounts get erased as well when you update the machine? I know total earnings do. I've updated the code on my GOT like 5 times since I bought it.

#259 6 years ago
Quoted from DK:

My total earnings on GoT Pro stay even when I did updates...?

really, maybe... I could of sworn all that stuff got erased though. I'd have to got check it, I am 100% it definitely reset on my WOZ.

2 months later
#314 6 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

$11,579 in revenue in 2+ years. .

usually if you can pay off something in a 3 year time span your doing good, 2 years is even better (at least that's my formula). I think pinball is a bit different, a routed star trek pro like this one he could turn around and sell for at least 60% value, if not more maybe. Almost every other piece of vending equipment usually drops like a rock in value by 75% or more by the time you sell. So, even if you don't get it paid back by year three, it's not the end of the world. If secondary market prices drop, then yeah it definitely won't make sense to route pins anymore or at least older pins that don't earn as well.

Not sure how much a star trek cost where/when he got it, but lets say we take the pinballs.com price which is $5495.
if he were to sell his machine for $3297 I'm pretty sure he would have a lot of takers.
now if he took really good care of it that number only increases.
it also helps take the sting out, if it's a hobby as well.

7 months later
#383 5 years ago

wow that cliffy is coming apart... pretty cool, thanks for updating.
I had some issues with my warp ramp optos recently, and a few switch adjustments. Yeah, sterns seem to hold up pretty well in general.

1 week later
#400 5 years ago
Quoted from Okarcades:

Having a problem with star trek. It is awarding multiple warp ramps in a row even when a game isn't started. I was sent this video today of the bar owner. There was nobody in the bar and no game started.

I had almost the same thing happen to my game. Except the whole game not being started is really weird.
had to take the backboard pieces off to get to the opto's
took off the top part of the ramp off in the back.
Cleaned all the black stuff off, cleaned the optos out with alcohol.
made sure they were realigned when re-installing.
Tested and works fine now.
I brought a spare opto R/T up there just in case. (didn't need it, you might)
it's only one opto that registers warp ramps.

#401 5 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Here's one for you tech.guys-If you ever lose the LED board #520-5322-00E,this piece is used to control about 12 led lights on the play field of a Pre model! This board was coded specially for this pin alone!! If you have to replace it,you have to order #520-5322-20! They are just now coming to stock at Marco's! This was a generic board used by a few other pins that have the ability to code their boards on startup-ST Pre does not do this!!! The SLE does,and so does the Pro,but not the Pre model! This board controls the lights on the Vengeance,the 3 beam -me -up- lights- 3 weapons power lights on right side,and the E-K lights right side drain lanes,and the 1 light on the ST symbol over the warp ramp ! The replacement board they HAVE been selling is # 520-5322-00,no code,so be aware of this little glitch!!

really!? I thought all the part #'s for LE and premiums were the same. is this listed in the manual with an asterisk, or do you just have to know this?

#403 5 years ago
Quoted from hawkmoon:

Here's one for you tech.guys-If you ever lose the LED board #520-5322-00E,this piece is used to control about 12 led lights on the play field of a Pre model! This board was coded specially for this pin alone!! If you have to replace it,you have to order #520-5322-20! They are just now coming to stock at Marco's! This was a generic board used by a few other pins that have the ability to code their boards on startup-ST Pre does not do this!!! The SLE does,and so does the Pro,but not the Pre model! This board controls the lights on the Vengeance,the 3 beam -me -up- lights- 3 weapons power lights on right side,and the E-K lights right side drain lanes,and the 1 light on the ST symbol over the warp ramp ! The replacement board they HAVE been selling is # 520-5322-00,no code,so be aware of this little glitch!!

I checked that part # via marco, says its out of stock. Guess I'll have to get one from the distro.

I would think it's already coded on the board, hints the -20 in the part number. Just guessing though

1 week later
#406 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

its different because the Premium / LE has RGB leds.

right, but the post said the LE and premium used a different board.

#409 5 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Sorry my bad, I find that incredible given the PRE and LE run the same code.

Yeah, I know the LE has the lights on the side but other then that. I'm almost 100% they are the exact same as far as board use.

8 months later
#490 5 years ago
Quoted from Okarcades:

Yes it took almost 4 years to triple its purchase price in total earnings but find me any other investment that does this.
Plus this game would probably still sell for $4,000.

I was making almost 300 bucks a week off 2 used megatouches I purchased on ebay for 800 and 1200 bucks. That was until the main patron found out he could just put his wife on an ipad . Now they only bring in 70 a week if I'm lucky. Lasted for 3 years before they got wise.... Damn Ipads.

Congrats man, glad you got your ROI.

2 months later
#507 4 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

You made 46k off a mega touch!?

yup, I was actually pretty shocked as well.... then I got used to it.
The patron brought his wife to the bar literally everyday, they sat at the same spot.
He gave her a handful of $1's, she played megatouch and he talked to his friends.
Guess it took a while before he figured out he could save a bunch of money by bringing in an IPAD.

it was nice while it lasted, Still a lot of older people that play them, so I haven't sold them yet.
The two that were making big bucks are only making 200-250 btwn. both now … still not bad for a couple megatouches.
JVL sucks btw, the one I have made like 17 bucks last month. I have a megatouch right next to it that makes 80-120.
For whatever reason people like those better.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider hocuslocus.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-with-4938-plays-pics?tu=hocuslocus and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.