(Topic ID: 139820)

Stern Star Trek now with over 35,030 Plays!

By Okarcades

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 574 posts
  • 170 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by bernieberg
  • Topic is favorited by 105 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20200322_132030 (resized).jpg
20200223_102116 (resized).jpg
20200223_103109 (resized).jpg
20200223_103113 (resized).jpg
20200223_103142 (resized).jpg
20200223_103106 (resized).jpg
20200223_103133 (resized).jpg
20200223_103138 (resized).jpg
20200223_103128 (resized).jpg
20200223_103131 (resized).jpg
20200223_103123 (resized).jpg
20200223_103119 (resized).jpg
20200223_102104 (resized).jpg
20200112_161156 (resized).jpg
20191109_112122 (resized).jpg
20191109_112126 (resized).jpg

There are 574 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 12.
#551 3 years ago

I'm a little dense... I had been following this thread for quite a while. I just realized a couple days ago that this is the very Star Trek that I play at my local establishment. Reading how many plays it had I would think "wow, that must be a good location", and it was the location I was at this entire time. Ha. Well, I'm sorry to see it go, it was always my go to machine. I hope it frees up some space for some other games when they are able to open back up.

#552 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Meh. Don't get too hung up on the play count. The amount of documented work needed was mostly minor. I'd buy star trek pros at $3200 all day long in this condition. Could have easily got $3700-$3900. $3200 is an extremely good deal for the machine documented here.

Thanks!

It did need a warp ramp replacement. I had the ramp. But it was cracked but never effected game play.

The back light wasn't working and I replaces starter, bulb and ballast. Not sure what that was.

Flippers were worn out

A bit of playfield wear at drop target.

All. In all I figured it needed $200-300 in work and 5-8 in work to get it to the $4,000 mark. Maybe I'm too fair Haha!

#553 3 years ago
Quoted from Okarcades:

Thanks!
It did need a warp ramp replacement. I had the ramp. But it was cracked but never effected game play.
The back light wasn't working and I replaces starter, bulb and ballast. Not sure what that was.
Flippers were worn out
A bit of playfield wear at drop target.
All. In all I figured it needed $200-300 in work and 5-8 in work to get it to the $4,000 mark. Maybe I'm too fair Haha!

You're extraordinarily generous with your sale pricing. In this case, if I bought it for home use, I wouldn't have even replaced a cracked ramp that didn't affect play. Lots of people have cracked ramps at the entrances on their games RIGHT NOW and don't even know it.

Backlight is the biggest pain. Sometimes those are hard to nail down.

Basically I'd hand you $3200, rebuild the three flippers, clean the machine, mylar by the target and start playing it. Eventually the backlight would bug me enough that I'd fix it. $150+time max for all of it. $3350 is a killer deal for a Star Trek Pro that plays great.

Anyway, everyone that lives near you are lucky ducks when it's time to sell your next pin.

#554 3 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

You're extraordinarily generous with your sale pricing. In this case, if I bought it for home use, I wouldn't have even replaced a cracked ramp that didn't affect play. Lots of people have cracked ramps at the entrances on their games RIGHT NOW and don't even know it.
Backlight is the biggest pain. Sometimes those are hard to nail down.
Basically I'd hand you $3200, rebuild the three flippers, clean the machine, mylar by the target and start playing it. Eventually the backlight would bug me enough that I'd fix it. $150+time max for all of it. $3350 is a killer deal for a Star Trek Pro that plays great.
Anyway, everyone that lives near you are lucky ducks when it's time to sell your next pin.

yes! same. I'd also say it is nice to see an Op sell at a "normal"/good price. Although, that also helps to sell the game faster :-p

#555 3 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

yes! same. I'd also say it is nice to see an Op sell at a "normal"/good price. Although, that also helps to sell the game faster :-p

Yes I had a cash in hand offer. I figured if take the cash, give the buyer a great deal and save myself a bunch of time fielding offers for trades and offers under 3200 anyway haha!

#556 3 years ago

Im curious. What was the total net profit from routing this game? $7500 - 8000?

#557 3 years ago

Half of pinside:

"I'm confused. I thought Sterns were shit. How is this possible? My head hurts."

#558 3 years ago
Quoted from MRG:

I'd be curious what total plays vs paid plays were. The new spike system breaks this out (maybe old one did?) and it makes it easy and quick to get stats off route games.

#559 3 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Half of pinside:
"I'm confused. I thought Sterns were shit. How is this possible? My head hurts."

not sure if everyone has see this thread (too little information, but whatever).
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/my-stern-indiana-jones-just-turned-100000-plays-and-look-at-it

#560 3 years ago
Quoted from MRG:

Probably 6k after sell of game, parts and labor

#561 3 years ago
Quoted from Okarcades:

Probably 6k after sell of game, parts and labor

Thanks

5 months later
#562 3 years ago

Just saw you sold this! Sad there will not be anymore pics of this game uploaded. Wanted to see at least 50k plays. Hopefully you will continue the photos on your Metallica.

#563 3 years ago

I need a ST pro. This thread makes me want one even more. I see some in the market, but my work keeps me close because of this Covid crap.

#564 3 years ago

Very impressive how this has held up. ST and Metallica are known for long lasting durability.

1 week later
#565 3 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Just saw you sold this! Sad there will not be anymore pics of this game uploaded. Wanted to see at least 50k plays. Hopefully you will continue the photos on your Metallica.

I purchased the Metallica from Okarcades about 6 months ago. I fixed up a few issues on it (not many, it was in good shape) and am about to put it back out at a new location.

#566 3 years ago
Quoted from bernieberg:

I purchased the Metallica from Okarcades about 6 months ago. I fixed up a few issues on it (not many, it was in good shape) and am about to put it back out at a new location.

Take over the thread!!!

#567 3 years ago
Quoted from Okarcades:

Take over the thread!!!

To be continued.......

#568 3 years ago

Post it and they will come.

2 months later
#569 3 years ago

Any update or photos from the new owner?

11 months later
#570 2 years ago

#571 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

I know the local collector who purchased this Star Trek. He fixed/cleaned it all up and has since sold it. So, I doubt there will be any more updates. The current owner probably isn't even aware of this thread.

#572 2 years ago
Quoted from bernieberg:

The current owner probably isn't even aware of this thread.

He should be made aware. If there was a thread about a game I own, I’d love to read it. I get thrilled when I get a new game and find a tax sticker from 1978 in Michigan in the cabinet, or other artifacts like that. These games carry a history with them.

And the same about games I’ve owned in the past. I’d love to know where they are now. Heck, a couple of them I’d try to get back again

#573 2 years ago
Quoted from bernieberg:

I know the local collector who purchased this Star Trek. He fixed/cleaned it all up and has since sold it. So, I doubt there will be any more updates. The current owner probably isn't even aware of this thread.

Do you know the current owner? Is the machine back at an arcade?

#574 2 years ago
Quoted from newpinbin:

Do you know the current owner? Is the machine back at an arcade?

I do not know who has it now. I would doubt it's back on location.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
There are 574 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 12.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-with-4938-plays-pics/page/12 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.