20150416_141526.jpg
20150416_141543.jpg
20150412_162525.jpg
20150412_162515.jpg
20150412_162259.jpg
20150412_161225.jpg
20150412_161917.jpg
14547165786_35f494e962[1].jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zitt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 9 years ago

In the next week or so; I expect to have stock of my brandnew Stern Star Trek WingLED kit. This DIY kit will allow you to convert your Hotwheel's Klingon Bird of Prey into a Ship worthy of the Stern Star Trek machine. When complete the Ship will feature:
• Cockpit Red LED
• Green Front body LED effect
• Red Engine Manifold LED effect
• Two Under WingLED Red LEDs for Playfield Illumination
• Candle Flicker Yellow LED for rear engine.

Here's an example installation:
14547165786_35f494e962[1].jpg14547165786_35f494e962[1].jpg
and a short youtube video of the prototype in action.

Detailed, Step by Step Instructions are on the product page and should allow you to complete the modification in 2-3hrs.

Out of Stock; please see the product page at:
http://pinball-mods.com/oscom/product_info.php/products_id/2

#3 9 years ago

Ru sure? I just tried. What browser? Pm me your details

1 week later
#9 9 years ago
Quoted from modfather:

It seems like a lot of intricate work in small spaces with tight fitting led boards.

Modfather - there will be limited stock of pre-done Stern KBOPs- likely after TPF this coming weekend. I think I have two donor ships left. Don't expect them to be cheap given the affore mentioned "intricate work".

#12 9 years ago

Randy and John - your WingLED kits shipped yesterday. Please post pictures when you get your's complete.

1 month later
#15 8 years ago

Pete, Your Stern KBOP shipped by Priority mail today. It's already at the post office.

10 months later
#16 8 years ago

TomH from Colorado bought my last set of Stern WingLEDs...

I'm unsure I will continue the product given some of the GI issues some people have had with the mod... all seemed to be resolved with by wiring the BOP directly to the unused GI port as Tekman did in post#14.

I know the mod also works very well with the upcoming GI Dimmer using the auxiliary ports at J5. That is how I currently have mine wired.

If you think you might be interested in another run of these; please use the "notify me" link at:
http://pinball-mods.com/oscom/modifications-do-it-yourself-stern-kbop-wingleds-p-2.html
this will help me judge if there is enough interest in another run.

9 months later
#17 7 years ago

I decided to go ahead and reorder these WingLEDs and make them available again.
Revision 2 of this design removes the polarizer board and moves the full wave bridge rectifier onto the main "Tail" board.

Last time I tried to buy the ships; they were becoming more expensive/rare; so please keep this in mind if you are planning to do this mod.

http://pinball-mods.com/oscom/modifications-do-it-yourself-stern-kbop-wingleds-p-2.html

#20 7 years ago

Playernumber... IDK. I'm actually upgrading to windows 10 right now so can't check for any issues. I'll check when I get a chance.

#22 7 years ago

I had no issues adding to cart on either Chrome or Microsoft Edge.
What browser where you using?

Add to CartAdd to Cart

#26 7 years ago

Sorry. Having major computer issues... So on my laptop any splitting time between debug and real work

2 years later
#28 4 years ago

I sold my last set of WingLEDs today to a customer in Colorado. These are now out of stock.

Given the last of these took nearly 2 years to sell out... I'm proably going to retire this product from our webstore.
If you have ANY interest in a set of these WingLEDs; there would need to be about 13 people whom are defiantly interested before I can do another order.

The only way to show your interested in another run of these; please use the Red "notify me" link at:
this will help me judge if there is enough interest in another run.

Else; I'll likely retire this product.

3 weeks later
#30 4 years ago

@Fishhawk1650,

Quoted from Fishhawk1650:

I’ve been eagerly waiting on the waitlist for a pre-built KBOP since I’m not all that experienced with soldering. If you for sure aren’t going to do anymore built to order KBOP, then I guess you can sign me up for one of these kits and I’ll give it a try.

I've effectively stopped offering built-to-order KBOPs except in one specific case.
The reason is the KBOP are becoming hard to find (another reason for retiring these kits) and are increasing in price.

I've only been offering the built option to customers whom purchase the ship on their own and then ship it to me for assembly. You would pay for the WingLEDs, labor for assembly, and return shipping. Now that I'm out of WingLEDs - I'm not currently offering that service.
I did order some bare PCBs and will be assembling them by hand when they arrive - and when I have spare time. When that happens; I'll again offer the bring-your-own-ship service to my customers. If this interests you; please

contact us via our websiteor send me a PM here.

7 months later
#31 4 years ago

These Stern WingLEDs are on sale during our Star_Trek: Picard salethru 1/27/20.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zitt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-wingleds?tu=zitt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.