Topic Stats

• 9 posts
  • 7 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 9 years ago by Aurich
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

#1 9 years ago

So I have been playing Star Trek for quite a while. Since I received the machine, I have been enjoying it to death. But I have been wondering about 2 things:

- What mission applies to which shot multiplier? I know that Klingon Battle's shot multiplier is lit at the left ramp but I haven't found any others yet.
- During the midst of a good game, I sometimes see a display that shows the words "UNIQUE COMBO" and awards 250k points. The display features nothing else but those. Also note that the only combos that have triggered this display are:
- right orbit - Beta Quadrant
- left orbit - Alpha Quadrant
Are these going to be fleshed out more in the Karl Urban update? I'd love to see them put names and other content for each combo like what happened in X-Men.

#2 9 years ago

Multiplier rewards are as follows:

Destroy the drill: warp ramp
Klingon battle: left ramp
Prime directive: VUK
Space jump: right loop
Save the enterprise: right ramp
Nero: left loop

#3 9 years ago

Hi, hoping it's ok to jump on board with two questions of my own:

* Does anyone know how Warp ramps are scored in the most recent software? My local machine appears to go 100k-200k-300k...900k for Warp 9, 910k for 9.1, but even when I've cashed in Warp 9.9, I couldn't see what the reward was.

(I've watched the Tutorial Video, and the scoring seems slightly different -- all warps appeared to be 100k+100k per *consecutive* warp, failing to loop it appeared to reset the value to 100k. Warp 9.9 looked like 2.4M, perhaps the sum of all warp awards thusfar?)

* I experimented to see if I could stack "2x Warp Ramp" with a 2x Combo Multiplier for Super Ramps and get 8M per, but it didn't look like it did. Do the Tier 3 multiplier awards just act like a permanent 2x Combo Multiplier that doesn't stack, or can they be useful?

#4 9 years ago
Quoted from infraredux:

Hi, hoping it's ok to jump on board with two questions of my own:
* Does anyone know how Warp ramps are scored in the most recent software? My local machine appears to go 100k-200k-300k...900k for Warp 9, 910k for 9.1, but even when I've cashed in Warp 9.9, I couldn't see what the reward was.
(I've watched the Tutorial Video, and the scoring seems slightly different -- all warps appeared to be 100k+100k per *consecutive* warp, failing to loop it appeared to reset the value to 100k. Warp 9.9 looked like 2.4M, perhaps the sum of all warp awards thusfar?)
* I experimented to see if I could stack "2x Warp Ramp" with a 2x Combo Multiplier for Super Ramps and get 8M per, but it didn't look like it did. Do the Tier 3 multiplier awards just act like a permanent 2x Combo Multiplier that doesn't stack, or can they be useful?

I don't think the display even shows the Warp Factor points when you collect one. All I see is the progress towards Warp 3 extra ball and Warp 9.9 add-a-ball.

Also the Combo X doesn't stack up with some features but if you are lucky you can multiply the final shot for a level 1 mode for huge points.

#5 9 years ago

I just rewatched the Tutorial Video to check -- he's on the version of code that has Kobayashi scoring that carries over from the individual mode totals... so 1.3 at least?

It looks like the Warp 9.9 points award might be 2M + 100k for each consecutive ramp in that chain... I'll have to watch again to see if I can figure out if it's immune from combo doubling.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from infraredux:

I just rewatched the Tutorial Video to check

Be so kind to post a link to tutorial . I must have missed it . Thanks

1 month later
#8 9 years ago

I wanted to piggy back on this too. I just completed Kobiashu Maru, two times each shot...and the mode just ended. No special bonus? no special scoring?

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from DrZhivago:

I wanted to piggy back on this too. I just completed Kobiashu Maru, two times each shot...and the mode just ended. No special bonus? no special scoring?

The code could come out as early as next week, so at this point I'd just be patient a little and realize that things aren't finished properly yet, and there's a lot more to come.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Plastics
Minty's Mods

$ 115.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 79.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Arcade Upkeep

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 110.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Lighting - Backbox
Lermods

Machine - For Sale
Lake Elsinore, CA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

5,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Uniontown, OH
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Brooklyn, MI
Machine - For Sale
Boulder, CO
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 100.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 5.00
Playfield - Plastics
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 6,595.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/stern-star-trek-two-questions and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.