Topic Stats

• 88 posts
  • 46 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by luvthatapex2
  • Topic is favorited by 7 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

7C930F6F-A8FB-4178-8104-95788461B309.PNG
image-70.jpg

There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 5 years ago

Great tutorial Bowen. The pin has some serious flow. Love the combos and scoring. Rules were better then I thought.

I too am having trouble viewing on Ipad. I have twitch app and I'm logged in but can not find papatvpinball in the search. How can I watch this on an ipad? Maybe you can make it into a podcast video.

#52 5 years ago
Quoted from Av8:

Great tutorial Bowen. The pin has some serious flow. Love the combos and scoring. Rules were better then I thought.
I too am having trouble viewing on Ipad. I have twitch app and I'm logged in but can not find papatvpinball in the search. How can I watch this on an ipad? Maybe you can make it into a podcast video.

Can't watch on an iPad until there is a YouTube version.

#53 5 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

That link does not show the video, it shows I missed the video
Or is my F'n apple product struggling again?

image-70.jpg 312 KB

Get the puffin browser...supports flash.

14 day free trial, $2.99 for full version.

#54 5 years ago

Works well.

7C930F6F-A8FB-4178-8104-95788461B309.PNG
#55 5 years ago

Damn. I'm not going to have to worry about other code updates - I won't get this far!

Awesome videos.

#56 5 years ago

Dont work...

#57 5 years ago

Those were a lot of fun to watch... The DMD animations were cool; a straight conversion of movie footage would have looked lame. And wow that guy was good!

#58 5 years ago

I watched it on twitch with my iPad. I just used the link that was posted on pinside

#59 5 years ago

Was this video saved somewhere where it can still be watched?

#60 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Was this video saved somewhere where it can still be watched?

it still there, i just watched it.

http://papa.org/2013/11/02/star-trek-tutorial-live/

edited, wow that was fast.....lolll they just changed it like 2 min. ago, it's now one video and on youtube.

#61 5 years ago
Quoted from beatmaster:

it still there, i just watched it.
http://papa.org/2013/11/02/star-trek-tutorial-live/
edited, wow that was fast.....lolll they just changed it like 2 min. ago, it's now one video and on youtube.

Worked for me as well but could not get it in HD. Very greatful for the video from Bowen and the crew helps understand some intricacies of the code so far.

#62 5 years ago

Thanks.

My favorite part of the entire clip was when Bowen was getting frustrated because he couldn't complete Destroy the Drill mode. Bowen does his Homer Simpson imitation.

I thought it was hilarious, so I had to record the audio. Play this three or four times in a row!

#63 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Thanks.
My favorite part of the entire clip was when Bowen was getting frustrated because he couldn't complete Destroy the Drill mode. Bowen does his Homer Simpson imitation.
I thought it was hilarious, so I had to record the audio. Play this three or four times in a row!
ยป YouTube video

Rofl! Someone needs to integrate that into the game using pinball browser when you fail the mode!

#64 5 years ago

It was so funny how he could not work out what shot to hit . It was pretty funny to watch .

#65 5 years ago

Sure, YOU could see the display the whole time...

Until I could see the display at the right time to see LOCKED it didn't make much sense, with the three shots lit throughout. Perhaps none of the shots should be lit, and when the shot is available, light up just that one?

DOH stupid destroy the drill

#66 5 years ago
Quoted from bkerins:

Sure, YOU could see the display the whole time...
Until I could see the display at the right time to see LOCKED it didn't make much sense, with the three shots lit throughout. Perhaps none of the shots should be lit, and when the shot is available, light up just that one?

I chopped wood through that mode thinking it would light vengeance shot doubler but instead lit warp ramp doubler.

#67 5 years ago
Quoted from bkerins:

No doubt this will be a common saying when playing ST...

#68 5 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

My favorite part of the entire clip was when Bowen was getting frustrated because he couldn't complete Destroy the Drill mode.

Yep, that was pretty funny. But a good user test just like he said in that mode and other modes "he had no clue what to shoot for" The game needs more call outs and clear guidance on what the player should be doing and shooting for. I am sure this will all get worked out with future updates and play testing : )

#69 5 years ago

One of the things that disappointed me so far is the shield targets appear to do nothing right now. No ball save in either out lane. Hope that gets addressed with the next update. The shield targets are in a spot that makes them a bit dangerous to shoot for give us something for hitting both of them please.

#70 5 years ago
Quoted from The_Dude_Abides:

One of the things that disappointed me so far is the shield targets appear to do nothing right now. No ball save in either out lane. Hope that gets addressed with the next update. The shield targets are in a spot that makes them a bit dangerous to shoot for give us something for hitting both of them please.

I wonder if they will relight the kickback on the LE but yeah they don't do anything on the pro to my knowledge.

#71 5 years ago
Quoted from TomGWI:

I wonder if they will relight the kickback on the LE but yeah they don't do anything on the pro to my knowledge.

For the Pro version Sure seems like a ball save would be coded in with those targets. One similar to SS or JM.

#72 5 years ago

Are shields even implemented yet? Isn't the Vengeance supposed to "fight back"?

#73 5 years ago
Quoted from Part_3:

Are shields even implemented yet? Isn't the Vengeance supposed to "fight back"?

It does 'fight back' in the sense that it fires balls back at you at a bajillion miles an hour.

#74 5 years ago

Game is not drainy enough to have a ball save so doubt you will see one on pro. Also the photon torpedo function is idiotic. 3 per completion is too many!

#75 5 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

It does 'fight back' in the sense that it fires balls back at you at a bajillion miles an hour.

Agreed, but I'd like to see it fire back virtually as well, like the player can do with the Punch It button. Then shields and the shield targets could come into play. Combat could definitely be expanded on.

#76 5 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

Game is not drainy enough to have a ball save so doubt you will see one on pro. Also the photon torpedo function is idiotic. 3 per completion is too many!

Surely thats adjustable?

#77 5 years ago
Quoted from Purpledrilmonkey:

Surely thats adjustable?

Of course but given Stern's trend towards shorter ball times lately I doubt you will see a virtual ball save.

#78 5 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

Of course but given Stern's trend towards shorter ball times lately I doubt you will see a virtual ball save.

Nice so we may end up with stand ups that really have no meaning on the Pro. Glad I have a game coming that may actually utilize these targets. Lol

#79 5 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

What is idiotic is to have targets that don't do anything. We have the targets indicating shield so there should definitely be a save IMO. Out of the lock start mission scoop it does drain down that way from time to time ball save would be a welcome addition. You have an upkicker on Premium/LE so makes just as much sense if not more to have it on pro IMO. I'd be shocked if they didn't implement a ball save to correspond to the shield targets that would be pretty ridiculous.

I don't have a problem with the 3 torpedo award per completion adds an element of strategy on when to use them. The game seems like it is going to be pretty deep no harm in making some modes more accessible.

#80 5 years ago

I don't have a problem with the 3 torpedo award per completion adds an element of strategy on when to use them.

When would you not use them?

#81 5 years ago

is it me? the captain's chair insert didn't do anything, was it on at one point?
it's my understanding that it's not in the code yet.

#82 5 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

When would you not use them?

Save em up and use them to defeat vengeance much easier

#83 5 years ago

Not yet.

#84 5 years ago

I still think they will be used in combat with the Vengeance somehow......

#85 5 years ago

Save me up and use them to defeat vengeance much easier

But shooting Vengeance in multiball is safer than in one ball play Once you get past Vengeance MB the torpedos do nothing for the other two Vengeance modes (the two hurry-up modes)

#86 5 years ago

The shield targets I should clarify......

#87 5 years ago
Quoted from sk8ball:

But shooting Vengeance in multiball is safer than in one ball play Once you get past Vengeance MB the torpedos do nothing for the other two Vengeance modes (the two hurry-up modes)

I like having the option to save them to defeat vengeance in multiball. I see your point but have had pretty good success saving and using them in multiball for good points. I agree them not working in the other two hurry up modes takes away a lot of the potential strategy of using them. I hope they may adjust it so they do count in the other two.

#88 5 years ago

I thought Bowen said the Captains chair awards are in the 1.3 code now:

Around 6:35 of the papa video he says when you get 3 in a row you earn a captains chair award. One of the following:

Super Ramps
Super Spinners
Super Bumpers

Quoted from beatmaster:

is it me? the captain's chair insert didn't do anything, was it on at one point?it's my understanding that it's not in the code yet.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
$ 64.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Lermods
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
There are 88 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside